Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you stop impulse buys?
1 2 3 4 5
> vault all treasure and gems
> Forget you had treasure and gems after a week
> make more money
> vault that too
> profit?

Having a goal or a budget helps a LOT with impulse spending. Having both is even better I keep telling myself " do not buy this until this is reached" and "only spend 30% of your earnings." the last impulse purchase I had was... probably a year ago? And the desire has mostly been pulled from my body. It also helps that I forget I have treasure and gems since I vault nearly everything.

I'm also incredibly picky with my dragons and their colors, so it lowers impulse spending even more unless it's a beautiful beach child I absolutely NEED.
> vault all treasure and gems
> Forget you had treasure and gems after a week
> make more money
> vault that too
> profit?

Having a goal or a budget helps a LOT with impulse spending. Having both is even better I keep telling myself " do not buy this until this is reached" and "only spend 30% of your earnings." the last impulse purchase I had was... probably a year ago? And the desire has mostly been pulled from my body. It also helps that I forget I have treasure and gems since I vault nearly everything.

I'm also incredibly picky with my dragons and their colors, so it lowers impulse spending even more unless it's a beautiful beach child I absolutely NEED.
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
lairspace, or lack of it.
lairspace, or lack of it.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
I only buy dragons up to 10kt so that if I impulse buy and regret it, I can train and exalt without a loss.
Other than that, it helps having lair restrictions. I don't buy non-Nature dragons anymore, except for breeding (and later exalting).
I only buy dragons up to 10kt so that if I impulse buy and regret it, I can train and exalt without a loss.
Other than that, it helps having lair restrictions. I don't buy non-Nature dragons anymore, except for breeding (and later exalting).
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
I don't haha~

Unless my lack of lairspace/funds stops me.
I don't haha~

Unless my lack of lairspace/funds stops me.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
Tips from Beetlefix:

> DON'T LOOK IN THE AH/SCRY ANYMORE™
Because, well, within Auction House you get the impulse buys. When it comes to scry, you might make a beautiful dragon and be like "oh my Deities I need that". Don't, just, don't.

> Stay away from Dragon Sales, please
That's an another way to litter your lair with G1s. So don't.

> Try to plan something
Plan something where you could save money up to. This could be for lair expansions, genes for your G1s, etc. Anything what would encourage you to save.

> Baby-proof yourself
...aka put a majority of your treasure/gems in the Vault. Why? It's because at some point you'll forget that you put so much money there that the second time you look there you'll be surprised!

> Reminder that NoTN is near
- and also the fact that breed scrolls exist. Nocturne eggs are a thing, m8.
Tips from Beetlefix:

> DON'T LOOK IN THE AH/SCRY ANYMORE™
Because, well, within Auction House you get the impulse buys. When it comes to scry, you might make a beautiful dragon and be like "oh my Deities I need that". Don't, just, don't.

> Stay away from Dragon Sales, please
That's an another way to litter your lair with G1s. So don't.

> Try to plan something
Plan something where you could save money up to. This could be for lair expansions, genes for your G1s, etc. Anything what would encourage you to save.

> Baby-proof yourself
...aka put a majority of your treasure/gems in the Vault. Why? It's because at some point you'll forget that you put so much money there that the second time you look there you'll be surprised!

> Reminder that NoTN is near
- and also the fact that breed scrolls exist. Nocturne eggs are a thing, m8.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
I don't.
I don't.
put your money somewhere you don't visit often, like your vault. don't collect ah profits as soon as they roll in. and don't look at the ah or item/dragon sales forums at all unless you're selling something.

i tend not to like dragons that i buy and end up exalting them, so i try not to buy dragons at all anymore. why waste money on that expensive, pretty dragon when i know it's just an infatuation that'll fade after three weeks, you know? took some training and self discipline but i'm pretty good at it now.
put your money somewhere you don't visit often, like your vault. don't collect ah profits as soon as they roll in. and don't look at the ah or item/dragon sales forums at all unless you're selling something.

i tend not to like dragons that i buy and end up exalting them, so i try not to buy dragons at all anymore. why waste money on that expensive, pretty dragon when i know it's just an infatuation that'll fade after three weeks, you know? took some training and self discipline but i'm pretty good at it now.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
*looks at my pile of impulse bought dragons*
*looks at the thread*
You tell me.
*looks at my pile of impulse bought dragons*
*looks at the thread*
You tell me.
shop_banner.png
Oof, I don't. (/n\)
I try to put most of my money away in my vault.
Can't spend it if it's not out!
I mean I still dip in but it's a slight deterrent.
Oof, I don't. (/n\)
I try to put most of my money away in my vault.
Can't spend it if it's not out!
I mean I still dip in but it's a slight deterrent.
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
[quote name="DatMoonGamer" date="2019-12-11 16:54:02" ] im so poor that i cannot do impulse buys [/quote]
DatMoonGamer wrote on 2019-12-11 16:54:02:
im so poor that i cannot do impulse buys
nN0tSiK.png7PSccRO.pngsIB6VNJ.pngG1JDeXL.png
1 2 3 4 5