Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you stop impulse buys?
1 2 3 4 5
I avoid the AH (and the scrying workshop) as much as possible. (It probably also helps I’ve never been in the sales forums). Avoid looking at anything possibly tempting. Shove all your currency into the vault and forget about it.

Otherwise... Run out of monies or space, whichever goes first. It’s usually space, can’t buy dergs if you’ve got no room. Lol
I avoid the AH (and the scrying workshop) as much as possible. (It probably also helps I’ve never been in the sales forums). Avoid looking at anything possibly tempting. Shove all your currency into the vault and forget about it.

Otherwise... Run out of monies or space, whichever goes first. It’s usually space, can’t buy dergs if you’ve got no room. Lol
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
If a dragon isn't perfect to you then don't buy it, like if it has mismatching eyes that don't look good then you shouldn't buy the dragon. Also if you're on any gen1 pinglists or anything maybe remove yourself from them.
If a dragon isn't perfect to you then don't buy it, like if it has mismatching eyes that don't look good then you shouldn't buy the dragon. Also if you're on any gen1 pinglists or anything maybe remove yourself from them.
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png
Don't go and buy it immediately, give it a day or two and think about it. Yeah, you might lose out, but then there is holding onto some funds for a specific want that you've had for a long time. If you see that pop up, go buy it, you've wanted it for a while and had the funds dedicated for it.

How to stop spending those funds? Don't spend them is all I can say. If you promise yourself that you won't spend it unless that dragon pops up for sale or you decide you no longer want it, then hold yourself to your own promise.
Don't go and buy it immediately, give it a day or two and think about it. Yeah, you might lose out, but then there is holding onto some funds for a specific want that you've had for a long time. If you see that pop up, go buy it, you've wanted it for a while and had the funds dedicated for it.

How to stop spending those funds? Don't spend them is all I can say. If you promise yourself that you won't spend it unless that dragon pops up for sale or you decide you no longer want it, then hold yourself to your own promise.
The only impulse buys I avoid are the ones over 100 gems & over 50k. I don't go broke b/c I always keep backup currency in my vault & a hoard of purple sludge.
The only impulse buys I avoid are the ones over 100 gems & over 50k. I don't go broke b/c I always keep backup currency in my vault & a hoard of purple sludge.
Philippians 4:13 I can do All things through Christ who gives me strength

WARNING: I am prone to use random LOTR and the Hobbit references XD
I put money in the vault in 10,000t increments and then forget about it. Usually I end up with enough money to buy cheaper genes every few days.

Also constantly breed and run out of lair space on purpose so I can get a lot of money in a short amount of time by selling cheap.
I put money in the vault in 10,000t increments and then forget about it. Usually I end up with enough money to buy cheaper genes every few days.

Also constantly breed and run out of lair space on purpose so I can get a lot of money in a short amount of time by selling cheap.
MV1Iakt.png Arcane Flight Alignment | Fae Enthusiast | Likes Red, Blue and Purple MV1Iakt.png
1: 'You're running low on lair space.'
2: 'You don't actually need/want it.'
3: 'Focus on getting the gems for that thing we're going for.'
4: 'THE THIIIIING. FOCUS ON IT.'
1: 'You're running low on lair space.'
2: 'You don't actually need/want it.'
3: 'Focus on getting the gems for that thing we're going for.'
4: 'THE THIIIIING. FOCUS ON IT.'
get off ping lists, and constantly breed fodder so youre always about to be full on lair space, and every once in a while give into cheap impulse buys.
get off ping lists, and constantly breed fodder so youre always about to be full on lair space, and every once in a while give into cheap impulse buys.
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
Put things in vault. Sometimes that doesn't even stop me.

Other than that, if I can't think of lore for it. Why would I need it?
Put things in vault. Sometimes that doesn't even stop me.

Other than that, if I can't think of lore for it. Why would I need it?
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
[Slides brand-new Banescale collection under the rug]

I, uh, have no idea.
[Slides brand-new Banescale collection under the rug]

I, uh, have no idea.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
I say this - You do NOT have the room for more dragons! You do NOT have the treasure/gems for another gene project! Your entire lair needs a regene! Your hatchery needs expensive scrolls! You need 3 more dragons to finish your subspecies! Some of which also need expensive scrolls!

And then I go out and buy a dragon anyway, lol. Luckily for me, I have been able to cut back on the impulse buys a bit. The problem tends to be more than I see a scry of something and I have to have it. Or I decide to get a dragon-sona of a character of mine.
I say this - You do NOT have the room for more dragons! You do NOT have the treasure/gems for another gene project! Your entire lair needs a regene! Your hatchery needs expensive scrolls! You need 3 more dragons to finish your subspecies! Some of which also need expensive scrolls!

And then I go out and buy a dragon anyway, lol. Luckily for me, I have been able to cut back on the impulse buys a bit. The problem tends to be more than I see a scry of something and I have to have it. Or I decide to get a dragon-sona of a character of mine.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
1 2 3 4 5