Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore we learned from Raising A Family
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'm curious now....has staff elaborated at all on the nature of emperors in a words on the wind/Q and A? All I know of emperors is the Imperial encyclopedia page and now today's insight. which is probably all there is. just wondering.
I'm curious now....has staff elaborated at all on the nature of emperors in a words on the wind/Q and A? All I know of emperors is the Imperial encyclopedia page and now today's insight. which is probably all there is. just wondering.
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
Has anyone noticed the necromancy pun - "Raising a family"?
Has anyone noticed the necromancy pun - "Raising a family"?
tumblr_oegee1AJ4e1v6xa1do1_500.png
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but with all the sneaky sneaky going on and trying to set up flights to fight each other, with an emperor on the loose - the one thing that can bring out the dieties to fight the thing - I see some misunderstandings leading to a war or three or eleven.

Yes? Or is that just me?
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but with all the sneaky sneaky going on and trying to set up flights to fight each other, with an emperor on the loose - the one thing that can bring out the dieties to fight the thing - I see some misunderstandings leading to a war or three or eleven.

Yes? Or is that just me?
TyYgOYZ.png
[quote name="Diznits" date="2018-03-15 10:59:23" ] I guess this three-headed emperor is an outlier... or maybe staff forgot about the “any less than four heads and it doesn’t really have enough juice to become a mega-monster” Also my clan is in the Hewn City and imperials greatly outnumber any single breed in my clan, as they make up... actually I think it’s exactly half of my clan’s population! Thankfully one of my ridgebois Tybalt wrote up a little disclaimer saying “THE EMPEROR WASN’T US WE CHECKED” [/quote] i'm actually wondering about that. less than four heads might not have enough juice normally, on its own... but what if Mysterious Shady Organization that's potentially behind some of the other troubles in other flights is behind this as well? could they have magically supercharged some Imperial remains somehow in order to sort of artificially hasten the process/make it possible for a three-headed Emperor to persist?
Diznits wrote on 2018-03-15 10:59:23:
I guess this three-headed emperor is an outlier... or maybe staff forgot about the “any less than four heads and it doesn’t really have enough juice to become a mega-monster”
Also my clan is in the Hewn City and imperials greatly outnumber any single breed in my clan, as they make up... actually I think it’s exactly half of my clan’s population! Thankfully one of my ridgebois Tybalt wrote up a little disclaimer saying “THE EMPEROR WASN’T US WE CHECKED”
i'm actually wondering about that. less than four heads might not have enough juice normally, on its own... but what if Mysterious Shady Organization that's potentially behind some of the other troubles in other flights is behind this as well? could they have magically supercharged some Imperial remains somehow in order to sort of artificially hasten the process/make it possible for a three-headed Emperor to persist?
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
[quote name="After" date="2018-03-15 14:40:17" ] [quote name="Diznits" date="2018-03-15 10:59:23" ] I guess this three-headed emperor is an outlier... or maybe staff forgot about the “any less than four heads and it doesn’t really have enough juice to become a mega-monster” Also my clan is in the Hewn City and imperials greatly outnumber any single breed in my clan, as they make up... actually I think it’s exactly half of my clan’s population! Thankfully one of my ridgebois Tybalt wrote up a little disclaimer saying “THE EMPEROR WASN’T US WE CHECKED” [/quote] i'm actually wondering about that. less than four heads might not have enough juice normally, on its own... but what if Mysterious Shady Organization that's potentially behind some of the other troubles in other flights is behind it? could they have magically supercharged some Imperial remains somehow in order to sort of artificially hasten the process/make it possible for a three-headed Emperor to persist? [/quote] I think the explanation might be simpler. Bounty of the Elements. The magic is brimming in the air, meaning a three headed monstrosity would be more viable!
After wrote on 2018-03-15 14:40:17:
Diznits wrote on 2018-03-15 10:59:23:
I guess this three-headed emperor is an outlier... or maybe staff forgot about the “any less than four heads and it doesn’t really have enough juice to become a mega-monster”
Also my clan is in the Hewn City and imperials greatly outnumber any single breed in my clan, as they make up... actually I think it’s exactly half of my clan’s population! Thankfully one of my ridgebois Tybalt wrote up a little disclaimer saying “THE EMPEROR WASN’T US WE CHECKED”
i'm actually wondering about that. less than four heads might not have enough juice normally, on its own... but what if Mysterious Shady Organization that's potentially behind some of the other troubles in other flights is behind it? could they have magically supercharged some Imperial remains somehow in order to sort of artificially hasten the process/make it possible for a three-headed Emperor to persist?

I think the explanation might be simpler. Bounty of the Elements. The magic is brimming in the air, meaning a three headed monstrosity would be more viable!
TyYgOYZ.png
I have questions.

Why have they been dead so long? The encyclopedia makes it sound like emperors form relatively soon after they die in battle. Have there been any great battles with imperials lately? Why were they not buried properly and separated to prevent this?
It sounded like the narrator head had gone looking for the others, how could that happen if they're all three dead? Who were the others it was looking for?

Also were those dragons or beastclans they were killing? It very well could have been dragons, but Gleam didn't give any indication either way she seemed to indicate that the emperor was in a mainly open field area.
I have questions.

Why have they been dead so long? The encyclopedia makes it sound like emperors form relatively soon after they die in battle. Have there been any great battles with imperials lately? Why were they not buried properly and separated to prevent this?
It sounded like the narrator head had gone looking for the others, how could that happen if they're all three dead? Who were the others it was looking for?

Also were those dragons or beastclans they were killing? It very well could have been dragons, but Gleam didn't give any indication either way she seemed to indicate that the emperor was in a mainly open field area.
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
[quote]I looked to my older brother. His crinkled, sun-bleached face was worn with his advanced years, and his wizened head snapped around to regard me with a snarl. [b]He was anxious to continue, and pushed my unsteady body forward with a lurch in his haste to advance.[/b] I tried to recall if he’d always been this impatient, but it had been an age since we’d last seen each other.[/quote] As soon as I read this I got the feeling something was... off. I love how innocuous everything seems at first so the horror sets in gradually. [quote]The great Luminax bloodline was together once more, and we would never be separated again![/quote] I don't think the imps are in any way related. The Luminax bloodline is probably referring to how Imperials were created using the Lightweaver's own essence, thereby making them siblings. The essence probably wants to be back with its source so its doing that by any means possible: making itself a body and corrupting the minds to its purpose of bringing the Luminax bloodline back together. (Bringing all the lost bits of the Lightweavers essence scattered across the world back to her) After all, it doesn't really make sense for a rotting-brained imp to be thinking about reuniting a bloodline because it fused with two other unrelated imps and some childhood memories got mixed up and degraded. Unless [i]something else[/i] was driving those thoughts. Also I think this particular Emperor might be because of the Water's hurricane. It most likely killed a lot of dragons along the shores and any imperials wouldn't be able to be properly moved away from each other if they were suddenly killed by the storm.
Quote:
I looked to my older brother. His crinkled, sun-bleached face was worn with his advanced years, and his wizened head snapped around to regard me with a snarl. He was anxious to continue, and pushed my unsteady body forward with a lurch in his haste to advance. I tried to recall if he’d always been this impatient, but it had been an age since we’d last seen each other.

As soon as I read this I got the feeling something was... off.
I love how innocuous everything seems at first so the horror sets in gradually.
Quote:
The great Luminax bloodline was together once more, and we would never be separated again!
I don't think the imps are in any way related. The Luminax bloodline is probably referring to how Imperials were created using the Lightweaver's own essence, thereby making them siblings.

The essence probably wants to be back with its source so its doing that by any means possible: making itself a body and corrupting the minds to its purpose of bringing the Luminax bloodline back together. (Bringing all the lost bits of the Lightweavers essence scattered across the world back to her) After all, it doesn't really make sense for a rotting-brained imp to be thinking about reuniting a bloodline because it fused with two other unrelated imps and some childhood memories got mixed up and degraded.
Unless something else was driving those thoughts.

Also I think this particular Emperor might be because of the Water's hurricane. It most likely killed a lot of dragons along the shores and any imperials wouldn't be able to be properly moved away from each other if they were suddenly killed by the storm.
NcSflKP.png
My bones are made of feathers, and my heart beats with the breeze.
D91RBvR.pnglHdQ8WC.gifOY3P2op.png
NQaOZu9.png
stW7qZC.png
IbGi8gf.png
[quote]Quote: While giving them a chance to regain circulation So this indicates that they're still somewhat "alive" but this makes me wonder if Emperors could have like multiple hearts or organs in general.[/quote] Or it could just be that they don't realize they're dead and have no feeling in their legs. They assume it's because the circulation's been lost from laying so long because that's what a living being would assume. [quote]Narrator Head refers to a "mother" and "siblings", but no father. This, combined with the fact that the heads are all from different flights, it could be that "mother" is glittermom, and the "siblings" are all other imperials.[/quote] That's quite possible I think. Assuming these imperials are ancient, Luminax may have been the family name of one of the first imperials from which most others are descended. @Diznits I'm curious, was it stated somewhere that an emperor requires at least 4?
Quote:
Quote:
While giving them a chance to regain circulation

So this indicates that they're still somewhat "alive" but this makes me wonder if Emperors could have like multiple hearts or organs in general.

Or it could just be that they don't realize they're dead and have no feeling in their legs. They assume it's because the circulation's been lost from laying so long because that's what a living being would assume.
Quote:
Narrator Head refers to a "mother" and "siblings", but no father. This, combined with the fact that the heads are all from different flights, it could be that "mother" is glittermom, and the "siblings" are all other imperials.

That's quite possible I think. Assuming these imperials are ancient, Luminax may have been the family name of one of the first imperials from which most others are descended.

@Diznits I'm curious, was it stated somewhere that an emperor requires at least 4?
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
Oh man oh man I really hope there's something that brings all of this to a conclusion. FR you can't just leave us with the world falling apart and under siege by the monster to end all monsters. Tell us morrrrrrre
Oh man oh man I really hope there's something that brings all of this to a conclusion. FR you can't just leave us with the world falling apart and under siege by the monster to end all monsters. Tell us morrrrrrre
@qwigoqwaga
yup! Let me get the ask... Here! http://undel.tumblr.com/post/90651058102/headcanon-time
@qwigoqwaga
yup! Let me get the ask... Here! http://undel.tumblr.com/post/90651058102/headcanon-time
aueklrj_by_diznits-d9phclb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10