Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore we learned from Raising A Family
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
First I thought it would be a story about a family and their hatchlings that ended up being caught in the middle of the chaos that is unfolding in the world right now.

I continued reading and thought, oh, a family reunion of old siblings + wow, it's amazing that they're describing in such graphic detail how playful and ruthless dragons can be when they attack + eat members of the Beastclans... .

Then I reached the end of the story and realized that they were an Emperor that was viciously attacking other dragons. D: Not only that, one of the Emperor's heads is sort-of aware of its own existence! That's amazing and so cool! The lore possibilities, the lore!

Goodness, the lore in some of these updates have been absolutely brutal and I love it!!! ;D I love gore, so these new Encyclopedia updates are great!
First I thought it would be a story about a family and their hatchlings that ended up being caught in the middle of the chaos that is unfolding in the world right now.

I continued reading and thought, oh, a family reunion of old siblings + wow, it's amazing that they're describing in such graphic detail how playful and ruthless dragons can be when they attack + eat members of the Beastclans... .

Then I reached the end of the story and realized that they were an Emperor that was viciously attacking other dragons. D: Not only that, one of the Emperor's heads is sort-of aware of its own existence! That's amazing and so cool! The lore possibilities, the lore!

Goodness, the lore in some of these updates have been absolutely brutal and I love it!!! ;D I love gore, so these new Encyclopedia updates are great!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
[center][color=purple]@catgame21234 Well, from what I've interpreted and thanks to Drakenhart's input, I imagine Emperors can be anywhere from completely mindless, as the Encyclopedia originally had us believe, to having a skewed conscious like we see here in "Raising A Family". The head we get the perspective of sees the other bodies as their family, their brother and sister, and they try to remember their past with them. Whether or not they ever knew each other before dying and becoming the Emperor they are now might be debatable, as it simply could be something they've imagined as reality after being brought back to undeath. As for the other two heads, they're different. I've read theories from other players, and it definitely seems like the sister is more decayed, she's barely "aware" of their shared form and what's going on. She might not have much motor control left, explaining why she's clumsy and bumps into the first's neck. The brother however has plenty of motor control, but is "impatient" and possibly violent. [quote]My older brother had always had a penchant for play-fighting, and snapped his head forward, his fractured canines gleaming in the setting sun.[/quote] [color=purple]So in conclusion, some Emperors may very well be mindless as it states in the original entry simply due to their minds rotting away, since we're seeing three different states from the one in the story. Meanwhile, this does show that they can have some kind of conscious. It's really interesting to see them as a bit more than giant murder mountains of zombie flesh.
@catgame21234
Well, from what I've interpreted and thanks to Drakenhart's input, I imagine Emperors can be anywhere from completely mindless, as the Encyclopedia originally had us believe, to having a skewed conscious like we see here in "Raising A Family". The head we get the perspective of sees the other bodies as their family, their brother and sister, and they try to remember their past with them. Whether or not they ever knew each other before dying and becoming the Emperor they are now might be debatable, as it simply could be something they've imagined as reality after being brought back to undeath.

As for the other two heads, they're different. I've read theories from other players, and it definitely seems like the sister is more decayed, she's barely "aware" of their shared form and what's going on. She might not have much motor control left, explaining why she's clumsy and bumps into the first's neck. The brother however has plenty of motor control, but is "impatient" and possibly violent.
Quote:
My older brother had always had a penchant for play-fighting, and snapped his head forward, his fractured canines gleaming in the setting sun.

So in conclusion, some Emperors may very well be mindless as it states in the original entry simply due to their minds rotting away, since we're seeing three different states from the one in the story. Meanwhile, this does show that they can have some kind of conscious. It's really interesting to see them as a bit more than giant murder mountains of zombie flesh.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
"Lore we learned from Raising A Family" Besides OMG EMPEROR, nothing. Literally nothing. [quote name="Elisse" date="2018-03-15 09:14:59" ] but at the same time, other than the emperor, theres no new canon or anything. its short too. very short.[/quote] THIS. It's sooo short! They had plenty of room and could have very easily written something about normal daily life in the Ruins, la di da, all good, oh wait? What's that on the horizon? *cue switch to Emperor* While getting to read an Emperor's thought process was cool and all, all we got to see of Light Flight was us being torn to pieces and [i]eaten[/i]. I'm very disappointed and not impressed.
"Lore we learned from Raising A Family"

Besides OMG EMPEROR, nothing.
Literally nothing.
Elisse wrote on 2018-03-15 09:14:59:
but at the same time, other than the emperor, theres no new canon or anything. its short too. very short.

THIS. It's sooo short! They had plenty of room and could have very easily written something about normal daily life in the Ruins, la di da, all good, oh wait? What's that on the horizon? *cue switch to Emperor*
While getting to read an Emperor's thought process was cool and all, all we got to see of Light Flight was us being torn to pieces and eaten.
I'm very disappointed and not impressed.
oooo 7ez44FQ.gif
tumblr_inline_nwr25xDZuy1sgemal_250.png

Stella || she/her
FR+3
badges || dom shop || legacy of war

tumblr_inline_nwr25xDZuy1sgemal_250.png
olightb1.png
[quote name="@ catgame21234" date="2018-03-15 09:09:06" ] [quote name="@ Drakenhart" date="2018-03-15 08:55:48" ] i think I've seen far too many posts in other threads claiming that "the entry is wrong" and "look they aren't mindless".... etc etc ect... ^.^ [/quote] can i hear your full thoughts on this issue? may you please go into more detail? [/quote] In some of the other threads, people seem to be taking the Narrator/Emperor's behavior as strict cannon without considering that there may be MORE to it then previously specified. Just because the middle head held SOME conscious thought, doesn't mean it wasn't partly "mindless". It was still driven by basic needs rather then functional, rational thought. [i]Hunger. [/i] It also [i]didn't recognize[/i] the other creatures as anything outside of prey. The Emperor didn't see them as "thinking beings" or "something like itself". This beings me back to an old RPG I played (GURPS) when I got to play an "hatchling" dragon (because the others were playing as mech piolts, and super powerful psyonists). A pivotal scene that really freaked the group out was the dragons' mentality of "if it's not my species it's food... except you guys... your mine." In this case, the freak out was justified as a Sentient being was OK with eating Other Sentient Beings. In the Emperor's case - it doesn't recognize that the others are sentient beings at all.. just food items. Even though it recognized the ruins and "architecture" - it didn't settle inside the Emperor's mind that these prey items were from a civilization. :)
@ catgame21234 wrote on 2018-03-15 09:09:06:
@ Drakenhart wrote on 2018-03-15 08:55:48:

i think I've seen far too many posts in other threads claiming that "the entry is wrong" and "look they aren't mindless".... etc etc ect... ^.^

can i hear your full thoughts on this issue? may you please go into more detail?

In some of the other threads, people seem to be taking the Narrator/Emperor's behavior as strict cannon without considering that there may be MORE to it then previously specified. Just because the middle head held SOME conscious thought, doesn't mean it wasn't partly "mindless".

It was still driven by basic needs rather then functional, rational thought. Hunger.

It also didn't recognize the other creatures as anything outside of prey. The Emperor didn't see them as "thinking beings" or "something like itself".

This beings me back to an old RPG I played (GURPS) when I got to play an "hatchling" dragon (because the others were playing as mech piolts, and super powerful psyonists). A pivotal scene that really freaked the group out was the dragons' mentality of "if it's not my species it's food... except you guys... your mine."

In this case, the freak out was justified as a Sentient being was OK with eating Other Sentient Beings.

In the Emperor's case - it doesn't recognize that the others are sentient beings at all.. just food items.

Even though it recognized the ruins and "architecture" - it didn't settle inside the Emperor's mind that these prey items were from a civilization.

:)
I'm so hyped for whatever's coming next
I'm so hyped for whatever's coming next
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
I wonder if the magic that brings a Emperor just makes them reverts them back to a hatchling like mind frame. Lets face it, an Emperor would not be that scary if it ripped itself to shreds as the heads fought each other to re-death(?). Most would just need to sit back out of the area and wait for it to rip itself to shreds. Most adults have found memories of their childhood, thus why this giant beast goes back to its nest days. It thinks the other heads are siblings, even though they might not be.

Though there is a also much bigger factor: who brought these imps together?! Light flight should know better on what can happen with dead Imperials, so I don't think this was an accident, especially since they are from different flights (light, fire and wind). Out of all the flights, Light would be t he least likely to have one since it was figured out where these Emperors are coming from.
I wonder if the magic that brings a Emperor just makes them reverts them back to a hatchling like mind frame. Lets face it, an Emperor would not be that scary if it ripped itself to shreds as the heads fought each other to re-death(?). Most would just need to sit back out of the area and wait for it to rip itself to shreds. Most adults have found memories of their childhood, thus why this giant beast goes back to its nest days. It thinks the other heads are siblings, even though they might not be.

Though there is a also much bigger factor: who brought these imps together?! Light flight should know better on what can happen with dead Imperials, so I don't think this was an accident, especially since they are from different flights (light, fire and wind). Out of all the flights, Light would be t he least likely to have one since it was figured out where these Emperors are coming from.
dlJsEIj.png
[quote name="@fridjitzu" date="2018-03-15 09:14:50" ] Narrator Head refers to a "mother" and "siblings", but no father. This, combined with the fact that the heads are all from different flights, it could be that "mother" is glittermom, and the "siblings" are all other imperials. The fact Narrator Head thinks it could be possible to "reunite" with the Lightweaver the way they're reunited with their two siblings is pretty horrifying... but it would also explain why Imperials are "conspicuously absent" around the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. D8 [/quote] [size=7] O.O[/size] Oh My Bosh.. I hadn't even considered THAT aspect of it!!! That's just horrifying....
@fridjitzu wrote on 2018-03-15 09:14:50:
Narrator Head refers to a "mother" and "siblings", but no father. This, combined with the fact that the heads are all from different flights, it could be that "mother" is glittermom, and the "siblings" are all other imperials.

The fact Narrator Head thinks it could be possible to "reunite" with the Lightweaver the way they're reunited with their two siblings is pretty horrifying... but it would also explain why Imperials are "conspicuously absent" around the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. D8

O.O

Oh My Bosh.. I hadn't even considered THAT aspect of it!!! That's just horrifying....
EMPEROR O____O

So this was sooo coool to see inside the mind of the Emperor and to see Shadow and Light dragons from Shadow's lore back in action, but GEEZE THERE'S AN EMPEROR ON THE LOOSE?! Really?! I hope this means a site-wide event :o Like, some art or something, more world changes, more stories coming down the pipes, SOMETHING to explain all of this
EMPEROR O____O

So this was sooo coool to see inside the mind of the Emperor and to see Shadow and Light dragons from Shadow's lore back in action, but GEEZE THERE'S AN EMPEROR ON THE LOOSE?! Really?! I hope this means a site-wide event :o Like, some art or something, more world changes, more stories coming down the pipes, SOMETHING to explain all of this
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Personal Quest/Challenge Post
Wishlist
FR Time +3
jL05xXK.pngEIw1Jyf.pngW5laU7r.pngMvzKp2Q.png2zNIzzC.pngUgBZCaa.png76ghDnx.pngk4ybm3R.pngimage.png
[quote name="Xalkile" date="2018-03-15 09:30:27" ] I wonder if the magic that brings a Emperor just makes them reverts them back to a hatchling like mind frame. Lets face it, an Emperor would not be that scary if it ripped itself to shreds as the heads fought each other to re-death(?). Most would just need to sit back out of the area and wait for it to rip itself to shreds. Most adults have found memories of their childhood, thus why this giant beast goes back to its nest days. It thinks the other heads are siblings, even though they might not be. Though there is a also much bigger factor: who brought these imps together?! Light flight should know better on what can happen with dead Imperials, so I don't think this was an accident, especially since they are from different flights (light, fire and wind). Out of all the flights, Light would be t he least likely to have one since it was figured out where these Emperors are coming from. [/quote] @Xalkile there was an imperial skeleton in those tunnels from Earth's lorebook, and that imperial sponsor who was so interested in their finds, wanted to see them so badly or buy them for himself, seemed kinda shady.
Xalkile wrote on 2018-03-15 09:30:27:

@Xalkile there was an imperial skeleton in those tunnels from Earth's lorebook, and that imperial sponsor who was so interested in their finds, wanted to see them so badly or buy them for himself, seemed kinda shady.
[img][/img]2po5f6h.gif
[quote name="Drakenhart" date="2018-03-15 09:29:08" ] [quote name="@ catgame21234" date="2018-03-15 09:09:06" ] [quote name="@ Drakenhart" date="2018-03-15 08:55:48" ] i think I've seen far too many posts in other threads claiming that "the entry is wrong" and "look they aren't mindless".... etc etc ect... ^.^ [/quote] can i hear your full thoughts on this issue? may you please go into more detail? [/quote] In some of the other threads, people seem to be taking the Narrator/Emperor's behavior as strict cannon without considering that there may be MORE to it then previously specified. Just because the middle head held SOME conscious thought, doesn't mean it wasn't partly "mindless". It was still driven by basic needs rather then functional, rational thought. [i]Hunger. [/i] It also [i]didn't recognize[/i] the other creatures as anything outside of prey. The Emperor didn't see them as "thinking beings" or "something like itself". This beings me back to an old RPG I played (GURPS) when I got to play an "hatchling" dragon (because the others were playing as mech piolts, and super powerful psyonists). A pivotal scene that really freaked the group out was the dragons' mentality of "if it's not my species it's food... except you guys... your mine." In this case, the freak out was justified as a Sentient being was OK with eating Other Sentient Beings. In the Emperor's case - it doesn't recognize that the others are sentient beings at all.. just food items. Even though it recognized the ruins and "architecture" - it didn't settle inside the Emperor's mind that these prey items were from a civilization. :) [/quote] this actualy dives into a video i watched done by isaac arthur and a video he did about aliens … granted he did a lot about aliens …i think it was "Crazy aliens" but I could be wrong. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g?&ab_channel=IsaacArthur highly recomend his channel to anyone who likes space, but his videos are very long. anyway, he commented on if aliens ever do see earth we can not assume that they know that we biult our cities. We could very well be just beings that live in that area. He proposes that we have to show them our mathematics to show that we have an understanding of how things work. so yeah that mindset is 500% plasabol to have. and shows a true deturiation of a imperials congative thought prossess when they transform.
Drakenhart wrote on 2018-03-15 09:29:08:
@ catgame21234 wrote on 2018-03-15 09:09:06:
@ Drakenhart wrote on 2018-03-15 08:55:48:

i think I've seen far too many posts in other threads claiming that "the entry is wrong" and "look they aren't mindless".... etc etc ect... ^.^

can i hear your full thoughts on this issue? may you please go into more detail?

In some of the other threads, people seem to be taking the Narrator/Emperor's behavior as strict cannon without considering that there may be MORE to it then previously specified. Just because the middle head held SOME conscious thought, doesn't mean it wasn't partly "mindless".

It was still driven by basic needs rather then functional, rational thought. Hunger.

It also didn't recognize the other creatures as anything outside of prey. The Emperor didn't see them as "thinking beings" or "something like itself".

This beings me back to an old RPG I played (GURPS) when I got to play an "hatchling" dragon (because the others were playing as mech piolts, and super powerful psyonists). A pivotal scene that really freaked the group out was the dragons' mentality of "if it's not my species it's food... except you guys... your mine."

In this case, the freak out was justified as a Sentient being was OK with eating Other Sentient Beings.

In the Emperor's case - it doesn't recognize that the others are sentient beings at all.. just food items.

Even though it recognized the ruins and "architecture" - it didn't settle inside the Emperor's mind that these prey items were from a civilization.

:)
this actualy dives into a video i watched done by isaac arthur and a video he did about aliens

granted he did a lot about aliens …i think it was "Crazy aliens" but I could be wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g?&ab_channel=IsaacArthur

highly recomend his channel to anyone who likes space, but his videos are very long.

anyway, he commented on if aliens ever do see earth we can not assume that they know that we biult our cities. We could very well be just beings that live in that area.
He proposes that we have to show them our mathematics to show that we have an understanding of how things work.

so yeah that mindset is 500% plasabol to have.
and shows a true deturiation of a imperials congative thought prossess when they transform.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10