Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore we learned from Raising A Family
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Skogur" date="2018-03-15 07:49:37" ][b]perhaps they simply don't know that they're dead, or even an emperor even.[/b][/quote] That is exaclty what I thought when I read the lore And looks like they aren't even aware of the whole thing they are just doing. The Emperor's POV makes me think they are just enjoying the [s]after[/s]life and having fun and peace with their siblings. ... ... It's kinda sad, tbh
Skogur wrote on 2018-03-15 07:49:37:
perhaps they simply don't know that they're dead, or even an emperor even.
That is exaclty what I thought when I read the lore

And looks like they aren't even aware of the whole thing they are just doing. The Emperor's POV makes me think they are just enjoying the afterlife and having fun and peace with their siblings.

It's kinda sad, tbh
wind.gif
he • they
fr+16
pt-br • en

tumblr_oswd8ljZCm1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtumblr_oswd8ljZCm1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
awawawawawawawawawawawawa ROyFQqy.png
Emperors are apex predators that don't recognize what dragons are. I'm possibly too excited to learn they can think and feel, rather than being absolutely mindless like the Imperial Encyclopedia entry stated. At least, this one particular Emperor has at least one semi-working mind in it. They seem to recognize the other two parts of them as 'siblings'. Though I have to wonder if they're possibly confused on even that part? Their memories of their own past are a bit foggy, can't really blame them though, being undead and all.
Emperors are apex predators that don't recognize what dragons are. I'm possibly too excited to learn they can think and feel, rather than being absolutely mindless like the Imperial Encyclopedia entry stated. At least, this one particular Emperor has at least one semi-working mind in it. They seem to recognize the other two parts of them as 'siblings'. Though I have to wonder if they're possibly confused on even that part? Their memories of their own past are a bit foggy, can't really blame them though, being undead and all.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
[quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-03-15 07:47:44" ] Well this gave us insight into the mind of an emperor which is pretty interesting tbh [/quote] Yeah, apparently emperors still HAVE minds, which is interesting [s]oh god the emperor in my Pinkerlocke that contained an old friend of the dragons it was fighting[/s]
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-03-15 07:47:44:
Well this gave us insight into the mind of an emperor which is pretty interesting tbh
Yeah, apparently emperors still HAVE minds, which is interesting oh god the emperor in my Pinkerlocke that contained an old friend of the dragons it was fighting
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Who was that person, who dared to put a pun in title? >_>
Who was that person, who dared to put a pun in title? >_>
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
[quote name="Pandacow" date="2018-03-15 07:55:13" ] Huh, so Emperors *do* have a consciousness.. it’s just very simple. Most of the memory has been wiped (they described buildings as “pathetic stone structures”), besides the memory of each other. They seem to refer a lot to their hatchling days.. I wonder if the middle head has the most intelligence. It kinda seemed that way, considering the other heads were so.. clumsy, and just cared about food. Lesson of the story? Emperors are actually gigantic apocalypse hatchlings. [/quote] Yeah. You know, I wonder if they weren’t actually siblings and them thinking they’re siblings was a byproduct of their memories being wiped? I mean, the end seems to indicate that they’re in three different flights.
Pandacow wrote on 2018-03-15 07:55:13:
Huh, so Emperors *do* have a consciousness.. it’s just very simple. Most of the memory has been wiped (they described buildings as “pathetic stone structures”), besides the memory of each other. They seem to refer a lot to their hatchling days..

I wonder if the middle head has the most intelligence. It kinda seemed that way, considering the other heads were so.. clumsy, and just cared about food.

Lesson of the story? Emperors are actually gigantic apocalypse hatchlings.
Yeah. You know, I wonder if they weren’t actually siblings and them thinking they’re siblings was a byproduct of their memories being wiped? I mean, the end seems to indicate that they’re in three different flights.
- order
I really loved this story. Knowing Emperors have a mind -- even if it's just a shadow of what the dragon used to be -- makes them even scarier. It means they can think (some of) their actions through, somehow.

It looks like they don't realize what's happening, so I imagine they're detached from reality as if they were dreaming. From their perspective, things look different. I doubt they even realize the horrors they are committing...
I really loved this story. Knowing Emperors have a mind -- even if it's just a shadow of what the dragon used to be -- makes them even scarier. It means they can think (some of) their actions through, somehow.

It looks like they don't realize what's happening, so I imagine they're detached from reality as if they were dreaming. From their perspective, things look different. I doubt they even realize the horrors they are committing...
11501862_EwWdTdj8nqB6gLK.gif
ow
ow
DF0mFPF.gifppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Bee/Toa
She/Her
FR+3
vzbvikX.png
Has Tomo asked questions about Emperors before?
Because I got a question about which dragons have multiple heads at the table today.
Has Tomo asked questions about Emperors before?
Because I got a question about which dragons have multiple heads at the table today.
[quote name="Demesne" date="2018-03-15 08:03:18" ] Emperors are apex predators that don't recognize what dragons are. I'm possibly too excited to learn they can think and feel, rather than being absolutely mindless like the Imperial Encyclopedia entry stated. At least, this one particular Emperor has at least one semi-working mind in it. They seem to recognize the other two parts of them as 'siblings'. Though I have to wonder if they're possibly confused on even that part? Their memories of their own past are a bit foggy, can't really blame them though, being undead and all. [/quote] Also remember that the entry could be from the perspective of dragons. I know that it's more meta-data-y then that, but... even though the Emperor had a "mind" it was a simple mind (likely from a brain that was damaged/rotting). It could be that each head perceives the world very differently too, from the reactions the middle head suggested the other two were acting out. One was more angry, the other kinda of... just... zombie like. Nom nom, flop-around.
Demesne wrote on 2018-03-15 08:03:18:

Also remember that the entry could be from the perspective of dragons. I know that it's more meta-data-y then that, but... even though the Emperor had a "mind" it was a simple mind (likely from a brain that was damaged/rotting).

It could be that each head perceives the world very differently too, from the reactions the middle head suggested the other two were acting out. One was more angry, the other kinda of... just... zombie like. Nom nom, flop-around.
Unless the parents had a clutch in one flight, traveled to another flight, had another clutch, traveled to a third, had a clutch there and all three of these hatchlings came together to die suddenly at their "family reunion", these dragons probably aren't actually related.

I don't even know if hatchlings from different clutches would even consider themselves full siblings rather than half-siblings or second-siblings or clutch-siblings. Not to mention how messy it could be if they didn't all come from the same pair.
Unless the parents had a clutch in one flight, traveled to another flight, had another clutch, traveled to a third, had a clutch there and all three of these hatchlings came together to die suddenly at their "family reunion", these dragons probably aren't actually related.

I don't even know if hatchlings from different clutches would even consider themselves full siblings rather than half-siblings or second-siblings or clutch-siblings. Not to mention how messy it could be if they didn't all come from the same pair.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10