Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore we learned from Raising A Family
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So, emperors can be sentient, or at the very least possess some semblance of sentience. And, if the other theories in this thread are correct, they slowly become more mindless as their brains rot, until they are little more than a zombie.
What if emperors start out fully self aware, knowing exactly who they were and what they have become?
They may try to ignore the steadily growing hunger, or the desire to cause harm, but their resolve fades and it overpowers their reason.
They kill and eat other dragons, unable to help themselves, and are fully aware of it.
As time goes on they may become delusional, thinking of the other heads as "family", or perhaps that happens naturally as their brains start to rot.
So, emperors can be sentient, or at the very least possess some semblance of sentience. And, if the other theories in this thread are correct, they slowly become more mindless as their brains rot, until they are little more than a zombie.
What if emperors start out fully self aware, knowing exactly who they were and what they have become?
They may try to ignore the steadily growing hunger, or the desire to cause harm, but their resolve fades and it overpowers their reason.
They kill and eat other dragons, unable to help themselves, and are fully aware of it.
As time goes on they may become delusional, thinking of the other heads as "family", or perhaps that happens naturally as their brains start to rot.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[quote name="snowpuppers" date="2018-03-15 08:44:50" ] [quote name="Raising a family" ] Prey flushed to the sky when they saw their doom. I shook my wings, torn and twisted; I couldn’t pursue. No matter. There was still plenty of prey frozen in place, too afraid to even move. My sister’s low hung head snapped up a meal, greedily swallowing the morsel before rooting for more. Small forms fled into unimpressive structures built for their diminutive size. I easily knocked over the flimsy architecture, and sifted through the rubble with my snout until I found my quarry, warmth filling my mouth as I bit down with a sigh. [/quote] When you realize these are dragons they are eating ... [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/AdOUXGWhR5aCs/giphy.gif[/img] [/quote] [i]Jesus Christ, how horrifying[/i] This story really messed me up
snowpuppers wrote on 2018-03-15 08:44:50:
Raising a family wrote:
Prey flushed to the sky when they saw their doom. I shook my wings, torn and twisted; I couldn’t pursue. No matter. There was still plenty of prey frozen in place, too afraid to even move. My sister’s low hung head snapped up a meal, greedily swallowing the morsel before rooting for more. Small forms fled into unimpressive structures built for their diminutive size. I easily knocked over the flimsy architecture, and sifted through the rubble with my snout until I found my quarry, warmth filling my mouth as I bit down with a sigh.
When you realize these are dragons they are eating ...
giphy.gif

Jesus Christ, how horrifying

This story really messed me up
I guess this three-headed emperor is an outlier... or maybe staff forgot about the “any less than four heads and it doesn’t really have enough juice to become a mega-monster”
Also my clan is in the Hewn City and imperials greatly outnumber any single breed in my clan, as they make up... actually I think it’s exactly half of my clan’s population! Thankfully one of my ridgebois Tybalt wrote up a little disclaimer saying “THE EMPEROR WASN’T US WE CHECKED”
I guess this three-headed emperor is an outlier... or maybe staff forgot about the “any less than four heads and it doesn’t really have enough juice to become a mega-monster”
Also my clan is in the Hewn City and imperials greatly outnumber any single breed in my clan, as they make up... actually I think it’s exactly half of my clan’s population! Thankfully one of my ridgebois Tybalt wrote up a little disclaimer saying “THE EMPEROR WASN’T US WE CHECKED”
aueklrj_by_diznits-d9phclb.png
WOW BEST "Lore we learned" YET! XD
WOW BEST "Lore we learned" YET! XD
look_at_dem_Leggs_bg.gif 2PgeVQK.png AXgbdLB.gif look_at_dem_Leggs_bg_alt.gif
also we learned that emperors are not mindless beings O_O
also we learned that emperors are not mindless beings O_O
look_at_dem_Leggs_bg.gif 2PgeVQK.png AXgbdLB.gif look_at_dem_Leggs_bg_alt.gif
raising a family from the dead
raising a family from the dead
So like....does that mean Emperors instinctively want 11 heads and to attempt to "reunite" with the Lightweaver? Will it seek out dead Imperials to absorb or do they only form from proximity and then that's it? Assuming 11 heads is a definite god-level threat.
So like....does that mean Emperors instinctively want 11 heads and to attempt to "reunite" with the Lightweaver? Will it seek out dead Imperials to absorb or do they only form from proximity and then that's it? Assuming 11 heads is a definite god-level threat.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[quote name="Diznits" date="2018-03-15 10:59:23" ] I guess this three-headed emperor is an outlier... or maybe staff forgot about the “any less than four heads and it doesn’t really have enough juice to become a mega-monster” Also my clan is in the Hewn City and imperials greatly outnumber any single breed in my clan, as they make up... actually I think it’s exactly half of my clan’s population! Thankfully one of my ridgebois Tybalt wrote up a little disclaimer saying “THE EMPEROR WASN’T US WE CHECKED” [/quote] Maybe that's why the mentality of the Emporer seems so docile. It isn't an active, totally mindless and viscious killer... [i]Yet[/i]. Maybe the mention of mother and siblings in the story is the emporer seeking another head, or multiple heads. It's obviously large, as it is three imperials combined, buuut, it also may not be maximum size. The rotting process may not be complete until it gains four heads and becomes a true emporer? Maybe if it kills enough imperial draons by chance one of them may also join in as a new head for the Emporer? It's just a thing to think about I guess.
Diznits wrote on 2018-03-15 10:59:23:

Maybe that's why the mentality of the Emporer seems so docile. It isn't an active, totally mindless and viscious killer... Yet. Maybe the mention of mother and siblings in the story is the emporer seeking another head, or multiple heads. It's obviously large, as it is three imperials combined, buuut, it also may not be maximum size. The rotting process may not be complete until it gains four heads and becomes a true emporer? Maybe if it kills enough imperial draons by chance one of them may also join in as a new head for the Emporer? It's just a thing to think about I guess.
rage.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2572601][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/25727/2572601_350.png[/img][/url] The Luminax line? Fire-breathing?
2572601_350.png
The Luminax line? Fire-breathing?
LxbWmll.png
I'm kind of thinking about the body plan of the emperor we just saw- what would it look like? We know it has 2 sets of wings, both tattered, and 3 heads. [quote]The air was warm, but there was still a bone-chilling cold gripping my left flank.[/quote] their left side of their body is likely missing. [quote]He was anxious to continue, and pushed my unsteady body forward with a lurch in his haste to advance.[/quote] [quote] my impatient brother driving our pace as we searched for sustenance.[/quote] The older brother is likely the most forward and biggest dragon of this emperor, so perhaps his head is at the front? [quote]My sister’s low hung head snapped up a meal,[/quote] the sister's head is lower than the others, maybe attached at the ribcage or belly. [quote]Reacting clumsily, my sister rocked her head out of the way, colliding with the base of my neck.[/quote] if her head is attached lower than the other two, it makes sense for her head to hit the base of anothers neck. [quote]My brother urged us forward again before my sister had fully recovered, and she lazily flopped and lagged behind as we advanced. [/quote] its likely that the older brother has control of both hind limbs and forelimbs, and if the little sister has any, they're probably smaller and weak. [img]https://i.imgur.com/w5DgrdG.png[/img] here's my quick sketch of what i think it might look like. 2 pairs of limbs, one tail, 3 heads. i imagine that an 11 head imperial might have limbs coming out of all sorts of places...
I'm kind of thinking about the body plan of the emperor we just saw- what would it look like?

We know it has 2 sets of wings, both tattered, and 3 heads.
Quote:
The air was warm, but there was still a bone-chilling cold gripping my left flank.
their left side of their body is likely missing.

Quote:
He was anxious to continue, and pushed my unsteady body forward with a lurch in his haste to advance.
Quote:
my impatient brother driving our pace as we searched for sustenance.

The older brother is likely the most forward and biggest dragon of this emperor, so perhaps his head is at the front?
Quote:
My sister’s low hung head snapped up a meal,
the sister's head is lower than the others, maybe attached at the ribcage or belly.
Quote:
Reacting clumsily, my sister rocked her head out of the way, colliding with the base of my neck.
if her head is attached lower than the other two, it makes sense for her head to hit the base of anothers neck.
Quote:
My brother urged us forward again before my sister had fully recovered, and she lazily flopped and lagged behind as we advanced.

its likely that the older brother has control of both hind limbs and forelimbs, and if the little sister has any, they're probably smaller and weak.

w5DgrdG.png
here's my quick sketch of what i think it might look like. 2 pairs of limbs, one tail, 3 heads. i imagine that an 11 head imperial might have limbs coming out of all sorts of places...
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
Twitter
24 | they/them
LmPbhqi.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10