Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore we learned from Raising A Family
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
From what the last line of the story said tells me they aren't related:

Behind them, death screamed, releasing wind, light, and flame skyward.

Also:
My brother lowered his head and let loose glorious streams of fire from his mouth. The flames curled and crackled, burning intricate patterns into the dry grasses around us.
From what the last line of the story said tells me they aren't related:

Behind them, death screamed, releasing wind, light, and flame skyward.

Also:
My brother lowered his head and let loose glorious streams of fire from his mouth. The flames curled and crackled, burning intricate patterns into the dry grasses around us.
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
[quote name="@Dragonkitty" date="2018-03-15 07:50:12" ] Dear lords read itttt [/quote] [quote name="@Skogur" date="2018-03-15 07:49:37" ] it was so short that you just gave up. me too. [/quote] no i didn't give up, I did read it, but i didn't get it. but everyone's inside is so helpful on this situation. So thank you everyone reading this
@Dragonkitty wrote on 2018-03-15 07:50:12:
Dear lords read itttt
@Skogur wrote on 2018-03-15 07:49:37:
it was so short that you just gave up. me too.
no i didn't give up, I did read it, but i didn't get it.
but everyone's inside is so helpful on this situation. So thank you everyone reading this
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
[quote name="EclipseDragon" date="2018-03-15 08:16:24" ] Unless the parents had a clutch in one flight, traveled to another flight, had another clutch, traveled to a third, had a clutch there and all three of these hatchlings came together to die suddenly at their "family reunion", these dragons probably aren't actually related. [/quote] Indeed what i was thinking. It could be, there are nomadic dragons but since the narrator doesnt remember anything about them as hatchlings....they are probably not siblings
EclipseDragon wrote on 2018-03-15 08:16:24:
Unless the parents had a clutch in one flight, traveled to another flight, had another clutch, traveled to a third, had a clutch there and all three of these hatchlings came together to die suddenly at their "family reunion", these dragons probably aren't actually related.
Indeed what i was thinking. It could be, there are nomadic dragons but since the narrator doesnt remember anything about them as hatchlings....they are probably not siblings
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
[quote=]She almost released the claw of her wheezing companion. Behind her, the Ridgeback youth resumed his litany of complaints.[/quote] This sounds like she was holding Umbrann's claw/arm/hand/WHATEVER with her back [i]appendage[/i] like a mother would hold her child's hand to lead them around. I wonder if she was flying slower so he could keep up with his littler wings. Adorable. But Gleam was a guardian, wasn't she? Holding something with their back legs seems like it would be awkward for guardians. Also, we know the 'brother' was the flame-aligned head. I think the sentient/aware one was the light-aligned head, because he was so focused on the sunshine, sunrise(set?) and light in general. The 'sister' must be wind.
wrote:
She almost released the claw of her wheezing companion. Behind her, the Ridgeback youth resumed his litany of complaints.
This sounds like she was holding Umbrann's claw/arm/hand/WHATEVER with her back appendage like a mother would hold her child's hand to lead them around.

I wonder if she was flying slower so he could keep up with his littler wings. Adorable.

But Gleam was a guardian, wasn't she? Holding something with their back legs seems like it would be awkward for guardians.

Also, we know the 'brother' was the flame-aligned head. I think the sentient/aware one was the light-aligned head, because he was so focused on the sunshine, sunrise(set?) and light in general. The 'sister' must be wind.
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
I think this may have been mentioned already, but this is kinda big: Narrator mentions that the sister had been asleep much longer than they had, and so they took a longer time to wake. Either this could mean that it takes some time for an imperial to form, and they don't have to all die at the same time to form. Or, it also mentions it being a shame that their mother and siblings weren't there to join them, and the Luminax bloodline having been seperated, but now reunited never to be apart again. Sooo maybe an imperial can grow once it finds other dead imperials to "reunite" with? Maybe they are going to look for "Mother" and their other siblings, so they can be a big happy family again.
I think this may have been mentioned already, but this is kinda big: Narrator mentions that the sister had been asleep much longer than they had, and so they took a longer time to wake. Either this could mean that it takes some time for an imperial to form, and they don't have to all die at the same time to form. Or, it also mentions it being a shame that their mother and siblings weren't there to join them, and the Luminax bloodline having been seperated, but now reunited never to be apart again. Sooo maybe an imperial can grow once it finds other dead imperials to "reunite" with? Maybe they are going to look for "Mother" and their other siblings, so they can be a big happy family again.
[img][/img]2po5f6h.gif
@Drakenhart (hope you don't mind the ping)
The entry is very much from the perspective of one head, at least until it switches to third-person on Gleam and Umbrann. Each head could very well be at different stages in the uh, mind-rotting process. I don't think the one we got the perspective of was too simple, since they were able to at the very least imagine a sibling connection (hard to say if those dragons really were siblings, since they're different elements), and attempted to recall memories.

But the other two could fit into the theory of rotted brains, if the brother is all anger and hunger, while the sister is barely there, flopping and groaning. Either way, as someone who really likes Emperor lore, this has me very excited.
@Drakenhart (hope you don't mind the ping)
The entry is very much from the perspective of one head, at least until it switches to third-person on Gleam and Umbrann. Each head could very well be at different stages in the uh, mind-rotting process. I don't think the one we got the perspective of was too simple, since they were able to at the very least imagine a sibling connection (hard to say if those dragons really were siblings, since they're different elements), and attempted to recall memories.

But the other two could fit into the theory of rotted brains, if the brother is all anger and hunger, while the sister is barely there, flopping and groaning. Either way, as someone who really likes Emperor lore, this has me very excited.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
everyone talking and it makes me so happy thank you ; U;
everyone talking and it makes me so happy thank you ; U;
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
Maybe this is what happens when their dead are left too close to each other.
Maybe this is what happens when their dead are left too close to each other.
x0CMhAc.png rkylBBV.pngzyvrj7C.png
[quote name="Hinumi" date="2018-03-15 08:19:56" ] [quote name="EclipseDragon" date="2018-03-15 08:16:24" ] Unless the parents had a clutch in one flight, traveled to another flight, had another clutch, traveled to a third, had a clutch there and all three of these hatchlings came together to die suddenly at their "family reunion", these dragons probably aren't actually related. [/quote] Indeed what i was thinking. It could be, there are nomadic dragons but since the narrator doesnt remember anything about them as hatchlings....they are probably not siblings [/quote] I agree that the whole "siblings thing" may not be an actual blood relation. Just an imagined "understanding" of the "relationship" between the heads. The fact that parts of the body were not accessible to the middle head also suggests that the other heads may control those aspects instead. Which is kind of trippy. :)
Hinumi wrote on 2018-03-15 08:19:56:
EclipseDragon wrote on 2018-03-15 08:16:24:
Unless the parents had a clutch in one flight, traveled to another flight, had another clutch, traveled to a third, had a clutch there and all three of these hatchlings came together to die suddenly at their "family reunion", these dragons probably aren't actually related.
Indeed what i was thinking. It could be, there are nomadic dragons but since the narrator doesnt remember anything about them as hatchlings....they are probably not siblings
I agree that the whole "siblings thing" may not be an actual blood relation. Just an imagined "understanding" of the "relationship" between the heads. The fact that parts of the body were not accessible to the middle head also suggests that the other heads may control those aspects instead.

Which is kind of trippy. :)

From the Encyclopedia entry: [quote]...these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield[/quote] O.O
From the Encyclopedia entry:
Quote:
...these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield
O.O
MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10