Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Legacy Challenge [Updated 12/04/23!]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 239 240
[center][size=5][color=ce000f][b]Updated for 2023! I've incorporated some of @SparrowStrider's updates from when they [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2663502/1]updated the challenge[/url] in my hiatus.[/b][/color][/size] [size=2]updated 12/04/23[/size][/center] I [url=http://jasperdragons.tumblr.com/tagged/flight_rising_legacy_challenge]posted this on tumblr[/url], I thought the FR boards might be interested too. This idea is inspired by the legacy challenges found for the game The Sims. In brief, it is a 10 generation breeding challenge where the aim is to go from an ungened starter to an attractive triple-gened dragon. There are rules and limitations in place to make that more of a challenge. If you're on tumblr and would like to blog about it/see others doing it, tag your posts [b][i]#flight rising legacy challenge[/i][/b]. [center][size=5][b][u]START[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]Obtain an unhatched egg to hatch [*]Or obtain an ungened, unbred G1 dragon (cheapest on the AH) [*][b]EDIT:[/b] If on a tight budget, an unbred, ungened plentiful dragon (use a random selection method such as a random number generator or a dice to choose between your options, or buy the cheapest ungened plentiful on the AH) [*]This dragon is your founder [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]FIRST GENERATION[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]Find a mate for this dragon [*]The mate must be the same flight as your founder (doesn’t matter if not the same flight you’re in) [*]You cannot pay more than 10,000t for this dragon [*]This dragon must not have bred before [*]When they’re ready, breed them [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]SECOND GENERATION[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]When the eggs hatch, the first egg that hatches is the heir [*][b]Alternative option:[/b] number the hatchlings and let a random number generator decide your heir [*]You can keep, exalt or sell the founder & mate and any other hatchlings; whatever you do, they are now excluded from the challenge [*]You must now find a mate for your heir [*]This mate must be the same flight as the founder was [*]You cannot pay more than 20,000t for them [*]When they’re ready, breed them [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]THIRD TO NINTH GENERATION[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]The rules for each subsequent generation are the same [*]The mate treasure cap rises by 10,000 each generation (e.g. 3rd gen = 30, 4th gen = 40k) [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]TENTH GENERATION[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]The first hatchling to be born for this generation is your final dragon [*]If you’ve been keeping score, tally your total and see how you did compared to others doing the challenge [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]RULES[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]No scrolling: no breed change, no scatter, no gening, no removing genes, no maturity scrolls [*]Renaming scrolls are an exception to this rule [*]You cannot use dragons you’ve won, been given, or bred from another pair as a mate for one of your heirs, you must purchase them [*]Points for hatchlings can only be counted for the clutch the heir was in - you can’t breed your first pair again and count their offspring as points towards your legacy score (though of course you can breed them as much as you want outside of the challenge) [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]SCORING MONEY[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]2 points for every 10k under budget you came when buying mates for your heirs (round prices up) [*]Example: in your 5th generation with a limit of 50k you only spent 18k - round up to 20k, leaving you 30k under budget = 6 points [*][b]Advanced optional scoring:[/b] 2 points for every 10k made from selling/exalting legacy dragons (old founder/mates or non-heir hatchlings) [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]SCORING HATCHLINGS[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]1 point for a plentiful breed (tundra, guardian, mirror, fae) [*]2 points for commons (pearlcatcher, ridgeback, snapper, spiral) [*]3 points for uncommons (skydancer, bogsneak, obelisk) [*]4 points for limited (imperial, nocturne) [*]5 points for rare (wildclaw, coatl) [*][color=red][b]NEW![/b][/color] 2 points for uncommon eyes, 4 for unusual, 5 for rare, 6 for faceted, 8 for multigaze, 10 for primal [*]1 point if 5 egg nest [*]3 point per treasure gene [*]4 points for crafted gene (baldwin, swipp) [*]5 points per gem gene [*]3 points for double colours (xxy, xyx, yxx) [*]5 points for triple colours (xxx) [*]Heir multiplier: your heir scores double [*]Example: a basic/seraph (3)/basic snapper (2) would score 5 - doubled to 10 if it was your heir dragon [/LIST] [b]Ful Scoring Example:[/b] 1st gen - hatching of founder, buy mate - no scoring possible. 2nd gen and beyond - founder or heir/mate's first clutch - 3 eggs. score each of these hatchlings based on the rates outlined above, and double the score of your heir hatchling. Mates you buy do not get scored, only whether they came in under-budget. Example: a clutch of 3 basic plentifuls would get you 4 points (1 point per plentiful and double for your heir) [center][size=5][b][u]VARIATIONS[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*] [b]Triple Challenge:[/b] -1 point for hatchlings that aren't doubles/triples [*] [b][breed] Only:[/b] -1 point for hatchlings that aren't the chosen breed, mates restricted to the chosen breed [*] [b]Matriarchy/Patriarchy:[/b] Your heir is the first dragon of the chosen sex. If a clutch has none of the right sex, the whole clutch is void (no points for their birth or any profit you make from them). -1 point for non-chosen sex hatchlings. [*] [b]Curse of the Crackle:[/b] If your heir does not have crackle as a tertiary gene, your mate for them must (if they have crackle, the mate doesn't have to). Any non-heir hatchlings born with crackle don't score points for their birth (but still score for profit making). [*] [b]Uglacy Variant:[/b] your goal is to breed a supremely ‘ugly’ dragon in 10 generations [*][b]Ancient Breeds Only:[/b] Exactly what it says on the tin. Scoring rules apply for treasure and gem genes, eyes, etc. You may use a dragon with no offspring but from your flight from the AH for your first heir since at the moment they can only be obtained through breed change scrolls. [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]EXTRAS[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]You can theme your legacy for extra fun, e.g. a naming scheme [*]Perhaps have a piece of apparel that gets passed from heir to heir [*]You can set yourself extra goals: e.g. to get a xxy or a triple in 10 generations, to get a specific colour or colour combo in 10 generations [*]You can play without scoring if you like [*]If you’re into RPing, get to it! [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS[/u][/b][/size] Ping me if you have more questions![/center] [i]Can I use a stud for my heir?[/i] No [i]Can I use an unhatched egg I already have/an unbred dragon I hatched from an egg?[/i] Yes [i]First born?[/i] The first dragon in the hatchling line up when they hatch. [i]For the 'advanced scoring' can I level dragons?[/i] Yes, as long as they are eligible (heir, mate or non-heir dragons from the heir's clutch). [i]Can I make up extra rules/restrictions for myself?[/i] Absolutely! [i]Do I keep score as I go or count up at the end?[/i] It's easier to keep some kind of document with a score tally as you go. [i]Can I change/ignore ___ rule?[/i] If you want. There's no prize for completing this challenge, so nobody is going to police which rules you follow. It's more fun if you stick to the challenge though ;) [center][size=5][b][u]SCOREBOARD[/u][/b][/size] [i][color=red]12/04/23 note: this document has disappeared in my hiatus, I will make another scoreboard if there is interest![/color][/i] [center][size=5][b][u]RESOURCES[/u][/b][/size][/center] [LIST][*][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bGDJeG8e-GPO2JSPrkJPYKPd5uc-uNiOO9e4-y7wg6Q/edit?usp=sharing]Scoresheet with automatic tracking[/url] by @RisingSparrow (go to file > make a copy) [/LIST] [center][size=5][b][u]LINK BACK[/u][/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dfnML0K.gif[/img] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1021864][img]https://i.imgur.com/dfnML0K.gif[/img][/url][/code] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JATli27.png[/IMG] [code][url=http://jasperrising.tumblr.com/post/72269019921/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JATli27.png[/IMG][/url][/code] [size=5][b][u]AFFILIATES & SPIN OFF CHALLENGES[/u][/b][/size][/center] PM/ping me if you have spin-off challenges, tumblr etc! Also if you have a different challenge or page you'll like to swap affiliate links for. [center][size=6][b]Good luck with your challenge![/b][/size][/center]
Updated for 2023! I've incorporated some of @SparrowStrider's updates from when they updated the challenge in my hiatus.
updated 12/04/23

I posted this on tumblr, I thought the FR boards might be interested too.

This idea is inspired by the legacy challenges found for the game The Sims. In brief, it is a 10 generation breeding challenge where the aim is to go from an ungened starter to an attractive triple-gened dragon. There are rules and limitations in place to make that more of a challenge.

If you're on tumblr and would like to blog about it/see others doing it, tag your posts #flight rising legacy challenge.
START
  • Obtain an unhatched egg to hatch
  • Or obtain an ungened, unbred G1 dragon (cheapest on the AH)
  • EDIT: If on a tight budget, an unbred, ungened plentiful dragon (use a random selection method such as a random number generator or a dice to choose between your options, or buy the cheapest ungened plentiful on the AH)
  • This dragon is your founder
FIRST GENERATION
  • Find a mate for this dragon
  • The mate must be the same flight as your founder (doesn’t matter if not the same flight you’re in)
  • You cannot pay more than 10,000t for this dragon
  • This dragon must not have bred before
  • When they’re ready, breed them
SECOND GENERATION
  • When the eggs hatch, the first egg that hatches is the heir
  • Alternative option: number the hatchlings and let a random number generator decide your heir
  • You can keep, exalt or sell the founder & mate and any other hatchlings; whatever you do, they are now excluded from the challenge
  • You must now find a mate for your heir
  • This mate must be the same flight as the founder was
  • You cannot pay more than 20,000t for them
  • When they’re ready, breed them
THIRD TO NINTH GENERATION
  • The rules for each subsequent generation are the same
  • The mate treasure cap rises by 10,000 each generation (e.g. 3rd gen = 30, 4th gen = 40k)
TENTH GENERATION
  • The first hatchling to be born for this generation is your final dragon
  • If you’ve been keeping score, tally your total and see how you did compared to others doing the challenge
RULES
  • No scrolling: no breed change, no scatter, no gening, no removing genes, no maturity scrolls
  • Renaming scrolls are an exception to this rule
  • You cannot use dragons you’ve won, been given, or bred from another pair as a mate for one of your heirs, you must purchase them
  • Points for hatchlings can only be counted for the clutch the heir was in - you can’t breed your first pair again and count their offspring as points towards your legacy score (though of course you can breed them as much as you want outside of the challenge)
SCORING MONEY
  • 2 points for every 10k under budget you came when buying mates for your heirs (round prices up)
  • Example: in your 5th generation with a limit of 50k you only spent 18k - round up to 20k, leaving you 30k under budget = 6 points
  • Advanced optional scoring: 2 points for every 10k made from selling/exalting legacy dragons (old founder/mates or non-heir hatchlings)
SCORING HATCHLINGS
  • 1 point for a plentiful breed (tundra, guardian, mirror, fae)
  • 2 points for commons (pearlcatcher, ridgeback, snapper, spiral)
  • 3 points for uncommons (skydancer, bogsneak, obelisk)
  • 4 points for limited (imperial, nocturne)
  • 5 points for rare (wildclaw, coatl)
  • NEW! 2 points for uncommon eyes, 4 for unusual, 5 for rare, 6 for faceted, 8 for multigaze, 10 for primal
  • 1 point if 5 egg nest
  • 3 point per treasure gene
  • 4 points for crafted gene (baldwin, swipp)
  • 5 points per gem gene
  • 3 points for double colours (xxy, xyx, yxx)
  • 5 points for triple colours (xxx)
  • Heir multiplier: your heir scores double
  • Example: a basic/seraph (3)/basic snapper (2) would score 5 - doubled to 10 if it was your heir dragon

Ful Scoring Example:

1st gen - hatching of founder, buy mate - no scoring possible.

2nd gen and beyond - founder or heir/mate's first clutch - 3 eggs. score each of these hatchlings based on the rates outlined above, and double the score of your heir hatchling. Mates you buy do not get scored, only whether they came in under-budget.

Example: a clutch of 3 basic plentifuls would get you 4 points (1 point per plentiful and double for your heir)
VARIATIONS
  • Triple Challenge: -1 point for hatchlings that aren't doubles/triples
  • [breed] Only: -1 point for hatchlings that aren't the chosen breed, mates restricted to the chosen breed
  • Matriarchy/Patriarchy: Your heir is the first dragon of the chosen sex. If a clutch has none of the right sex, the whole clutch is void (no points for their birth or any profit you make from them). -1 point for non-chosen sex hatchlings.
  • Curse of the Crackle: If your heir does not have crackle as a tertiary gene, your mate for them must (if they have crackle, the mate doesn't have to). Any non-heir hatchlings born with crackle don't score points for their birth (but still score for profit making).
  • Uglacy Variant: your goal is to breed a supremely ‘ugly’ dragon in 10 generations
  • Ancient Breeds Only: Exactly what it says on the tin. Scoring rules apply for treasure and gem genes, eyes, etc. You may use a dragon with no offspring but from your flight from the AH for your first heir since at the moment they can only be obtained through breed change scrolls.
EXTRAS
  • You can theme your legacy for extra fun, e.g. a naming scheme
  • Perhaps have a piece of apparel that gets passed from heir to heir
  • You can set yourself extra goals: e.g. to get a xxy or a triple in 10 generations, to get a specific colour or colour combo in 10 generations
  • You can play without scoring if you like
  • If you’re into RPing, get to it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ping me if you have more questions!

Can I use a stud for my heir?
No

Can I use an unhatched egg I already have/an unbred dragon I hatched from an egg?
Yes

First born?
The first dragon in the hatchling line up when they hatch.

For the 'advanced scoring' can I level dragons?
Yes, as long as they are eligible (heir, mate or non-heir dragons from the heir's clutch).

Can I make up extra rules/restrictions for myself?
Absolutely!

Do I keep score as I go or count up at the end?
It's easier to keep some kind of document with a score tally as you go.

Can I change/ignore ___ rule?
If you want. There's no prize for completing this challenge, so nobody is going to police which rules you follow. It's more fun if you stick to the challenge though ;)
SCOREBOARD

12/04/23 note: this document has disappeared in my hiatus, I will make another scoreboard if there is interest!
RESOURCES
LINK BACK

dfnML0K.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1021864][img]https://i.imgur.com/dfnML0K.gif[/img][/url]

JATli27.png
Code:
[url=http://jasperrising.tumblr.com/post/72269019921/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JATli27.png[/IMG][/url]

AFFILIATES & SPIN OFF CHALLENGES

PM/ping me if you have spin-off challenges, tumblr etc! Also if you have a different challenge or page you'll like to swap affiliate links for.
Good luck with your challenge!
IfoEUbz.png
and it's peaceful in the deep
cathedral where you cannot breathe
no need to pray, no need to speak

{wishlist} {legacy challenge} {hatchery} {clan lore}
This looks fun. I might attempt it sometime when my nests are less full.

Would you be allowed to ask for a stud when doing this? I'm guessing not, but...
This looks fun. I might attempt it sometime when my nests are less full.

Would you be allowed to ask for a stud when doing this? I'm guessing not, but...
6pUNHAC.gif
Totally jumped on this since I loved failing at legacies in the sims. (This requires way less effort, which is all the more a win for me!) Here's my founder, a lightning boy named Beryl: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1886872] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/18869/1886872_350.png[/img] [/url] And his mate, Summer: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1885073] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/18851/1885073_350.png[/img] [/url] Tried to at least get one step up in gene or rarity for my heir. We'll see how that goes in a few weeks!
Totally jumped on this since I loved failing at legacies in the sims. (This requires way less effort, which is all the more a win for me!)

Here's my founder, a lightning boy named Beryl:

1886872_350.png

And his mate, Summer:

1885073_350.png

Tried to at least get one step up in gene or rarity for my heir. We'll see how that goes in a few weeks!
@Drav No, that kind of defeats the restrictions in place :)
@Drav No, that kind of defeats the restrictions in place :)
IfoEUbz.png

Ooh, this sounds like fun! I needed a new breeding project.

@justjasper can you use a dragon that you've already hatched but haven't bred?
Ooh, this sounds like fun! I needed a new breeding project.

@justjasper can you use a dragon that you've already hatched but haven't bred?
eswSnrS.png
MUYNhfy.png
kCHWEjf.png
mlSrRbK.png
JHkKimP.png
8B7LZd5.png
I am three hours ahead of FR, ping if you need me.
@Katarra Good luck!

@Shadowkat Yeah no harm, as long as it's a basic/basic/basic plentiful.
@Katarra Good luck!

@Shadowkat Yeah no harm, as long as it's a basic/basic/basic plentiful.
IfoEUbz.png

Q: If you have a nest of, say, three eggs, are you allowed to pick which of the three is your heir, or is it supposed to be the first on in the line of the three?
Q: If you have a nest of, say, three eggs, are you allowed to pick which of the three is your heir, or is it supposed to be the first on in the line of the three?
2u8j5dz.jpg
@Raikdow - the first one in the line of three, counting that as the 'first born'.
@Raikdow - the first one in the line of three, counting that as the 'first born'.
IfoEUbz.png

Oh... this sounds like fun! I might take this up.
Oh... this sounds like fun! I might take this up.
TqnrXGL.png o hatchery
o spotlight
o BTV Veils
o subspecies
o kennel club
o lore: clan saga
@justjasper- this is a brilliant idea! I'm actually really excited to give this a shot. Will come back with updates when I decide on an egg and mate. c=
@justjasper- this is a brilliant idea! I'm actually really excited to give this a shot. Will come back with updates when I decide on an egg and mate. c=
2u8j5dz.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 239 240