Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Dark of the Moon|Legacy of War Challenge
1 2 3
Okay so I'm doing this. You are now Free to Post!

I'm not huge into Exalting Dragons. I will be Exalting for this challenge however. If you want to 'Save' one of the Dragons cut out of the running for continuing the challenge, you're free to take one. Just let me know which one you want, and be aware that they will come with a tiny bit of lore (from their battle for Heir and the loss), you can even use them for your own Legacy of War Challenge if you want. :3

However I'll only keep them a Week (7 Days) at most. Day 8, if I don't have a note about someone wanting the Dragons for themselves, then the Dragons will be joining Shadowbinder.
Okay so I'm doing this. You are now Free to Post!

I'm not huge into Exalting Dragons. I will be Exalting for this challenge however. If you want to 'Save' one of the Dragons cut out of the running for continuing the challenge, you're free to take one. Just let me know which one you want, and be aware that they will come with a tiny bit of lore (from their battle for Heir and the loss), you can even use them for your own Legacy of War Challenge if you want. :3

However I'll only keep them a Week (7 Days) at most. Day 8, if I don't have a note about someone wanting the Dragons for themselves, then the Dragons will be joining Shadowbinder.
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Personal Quest/Challenge Post
Wishlist
FR Time +3
jL05xXK.pngEIw1Jyf.pngW5laU7r.pngMvzKp2Q.png2zNIzzC.pngUgBZCaa.png76ghDnx.pngk4ybm3R.pngimage.png
The Legacy of War, far as I understand it, was started by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950/1]Dreamnorn[/url], and it sounded so cool when i checked out their second Legacy of War, with Lore added in :o so... Here I am! Let's start with the Rules. I'm just going to copy-pasta the rules from Dreamnorn, cause it's a lot of text, ok? Ok. [quote=The Base Rules]1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt or less! [LIST] [*]The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling! [/LIST] 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon![/quote] [quote=Heir Selection (2+ Eggs)]Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama. --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur... [center]~[/center] [center][b]2 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]3 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]4 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round! 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]5 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first. 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: [LIST] [*]For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [*]For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [/LIST] 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.[/quote]
The Legacy of War, far as I understand it, was started by Dreamnorn, and it sounded so cool when i checked out their second Legacy of War, with Lore added in :o so... Here I am! Let's start with the Rules. I'm just going to copy-pasta the rules from Dreamnorn, cause it's a lot of text, ok? Ok.
The Base Rules wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt or less!
  • The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!

Heir Selection (2+ Eggs) wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...
~
2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:
  • For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.
  • For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
jL05xXK.pngEIw1Jyf.pngW5laU7r.pngMvzKp2Q.png2zNIzzC.pngUgBZCaa.png76ghDnx.pngk4ybm3R.pngimage.png
[center][b]Introductions[/b] [i]- To Tie in with my Clan Lore[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37298457] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/372985/37298457_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]Centauri is my Founder for the Legacy of War. Shadow/Cornflower/Twilight Basic Genes.[quote=Centauri]Hailing from the Southern Icefield, this cold-hearted male learned the hard way that life isn't easy. He gave up on love a long time ago, and now his only interest lay in continuing his lineage. His original Clan was war-based, giving him the name Centauri for his beast-like battle skills. When it came time to be promoted and take a lady to stand by his side, he was passed over by another, giving space in his heart to entertain the idea of breeding only for strong warrior children. During his travels he met Cerciae, a Spiral Female who shared his views somewhat. They have entered an agreement of convenience, to breed strong children, and raise the children to never be spurned by the false ideology called 'love'...[/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37298943] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/372990/37298943_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]Cerciae is my Founder's Mate. Black Tiger/Cornflower Daub/Cream Underbelly[quote=Cerciae]Cerciae was unwelcome in her Birth Clan. For whatever reasons, soon after her birth she was quickly put out on her own. With no love from her family, she was doomed to a lack of love as an adult as well. No creature drew warmth from her heart, no art or song could move her heart to bloom. Upon her travels, she came across the Ice Lord, Centauri. Learning his fate in love was much the same as her own, they entered into a contract of convenience, deciding that they would breed young warriors, destined never to feel the sting of love not-to-be.[/quote] ----- Centauri didn't remember how, but somehow he'd ended up in the Tangled Woods. He'd heard rumors about how notorious the Tangled Woods could be to those not accustomed to it's harshness. He could attest to it first hand. He'd been found by the acting-leader of the Night Nest, another Guardian, one that went by the name of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=348691&tab=dragon&did=36582263]Tisima[/url]. Being brought to the lair she inhabited showed a wealth of tiny Fae of multiple colors, a pair of smaller Guardians, a clawful of random others coming and going but none matching his or Tisima's size. It made him weary, all these tiny dragons running about between his legs, getting in his way. To their credit, they were used to dodging larger creatures, he watched as Tisima glided across the lair's floor without so much as looking as her talons, the tiny fae swift to flutter out of her way without so much as interrupting their own squeaking tiny conversations. Tisima has explained that the lair was called Night Nest for the colors of those passing through tended to lean towards blues, blacks and greys. She was the leader, and the 'Flock', as Tisima called it, was still finding it's footing in the world. For now they were just helping those who needed it, like himself. As she showed him to the space he could call his own for the time being, another fae came squeaking into the lair. He looked towards it, charcoal grey and sunset orange. Close behind the mouthy fae (who quickly went to Tisima for a comically unbalanced nuzzle), was a Spiral Female with green eyes and colors not too far from his own. "Oh?" Tisima said, looking from the Fae, now seated on one of her great horns, to the Spiral female. "Well then. Welcome to Night Nest, Circiae. You'r'e the second one today. Come, make yourself comfortable, and I'll tell you what you need to know." the Guardian leader said, motioning for the Spiral to join them. Centauri looked over the female as she came to the small gathering of leader and stranger; he saw the hard light in her eyes, He saw the same hard light in his own every time he bent his head to drink from rivers and streams. A plan began to form in his mind right then, but he kept quiet, turning his attention to the useless information he'd already heard about the lair. This lair was already dug out of the Tangled Woods, he could learn to live with it's dangers. He could take over this clan. He just needed some help to do so. [center]~~~[/center] As Centauri spent time in Night Nest, he focused in on Circiae, inviting her to join him on his 'helping' for the clan, seeing as they were letting him stay with them. it didn't take him long to worm his way into her confidences. "So you were wronged as well, Circae? What a pity." Centauri said, shaking his great head a bit. "Here's an idea though... what if we... took charge?" He asked, eyeing her carefully to gauge her interest. "Took charge?" Circiae asked, quirking a brow back at him. "How do you mean?" "I mean, this...'flock'... has no direction, no real leader. You've seen Tisima when something comes up, she doesn't want to be leader, but no one else here wants the job either. We could take over, this would become our Clan, we could write the rules instead of be at the whims of others." Centauri explained, grinning a little as he appealed to Circiae's more selfish side. "What do you think?" Circiae was quiet, just for a moment, while she considered his offer, but soon enough she locked eyes with him and gave her answer. "You mean We would be mates, and our children would be the ones to rule over this clan? I think that would be the better idea. After all, you still have to get past Tisima, her family, her loyal ones." Not only was Circiae as dark-hearted as he was, but she had a keen mind to do with that black heart. "Oh, don't worry about that, Circiae. I have a plan. For now, however..." He nudged her shoulder with one paw, a sly smile lingering on his muzzle. "We should set certain things into motion, if we want this clan to get stronger." ----- Soon after his meeting with Cerciae and back in the Lair, Centauri overheard Tisima speaking to one of the only other Guardians in the clan, a very pale young male called [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=348691&tab=dragon&did=37169890]Lunar[/url]. "Are you sure you want to start training? Being leader isn't easy, Lunar." Tisima said, looking worriedly at the young male as he stood before her, his ichor nymph glaring at the Night Nest Leader from behind Lunar's horns. "I'm sure. I want to learn at least. I could help more. Please, Tisima." Lunar said, nearly begging. it made Centauri want to gag, Leaders shouldn't need to beg for their roles, it should be earned. "Alright..." Tisima replied reluctantly, frowning a bit. "We'll start your training tomorrow. Now, go get ready, tomorrow will be a long day for you." Centauri knew what this meant. He would have a challenger for the role of Leader of the Night Nest. For now, dealing with Lunar would have to wait, he had more important matters to tend to. Circiae had been acting strange for days already, and he had a guess as to what the cause could be. Only one thing could confirm it for him, and there was no point rushing that.
Introductions - To Tie in with my Clan Lore
Centauri is my Founder for the Legacy of War. Shadow/Cornflower/Twilight Basic Genes.
Centauri wrote:
Hailing from the Southern Icefield, this cold-hearted male learned the hard way that life isn't easy. He gave up on love a long time ago, and now his only interest lay in continuing his lineage.

His original Clan was war-based, giving him the name Centauri for his beast-like battle skills. When it came time to be promoted and take a lady to stand by his side, he was passed over by another, giving space in his heart to entertain the idea of breeding only for strong warrior children.

During his travels he met Cerciae, a Spiral Female who shared his views somewhat. They have entered an agreement of convenience, to breed strong children, and raise the children to never be spurned by the false ideology called 'love'...

Cerciae is my Founder's Mate. Black Tiger/Cornflower Daub/Cream Underbelly
Cerciae wrote:
Cerciae was unwelcome in her Birth Clan. For whatever reasons, soon after her birth she was quickly put out on her own. With no love from her family, she was doomed to a lack of love as an adult as well. No creature drew warmth from her heart, no art or song could move her heart to bloom.

Upon her travels, she came across the Ice Lord, Centauri. Learning his fate in love was much the same as her own, they entered into a contract of convenience, deciding that they would breed young warriors, destined never to feel the sting of love not-to-be.

Centauri didn't remember how, but somehow he'd ended up in the Tangled Woods. He'd heard rumors about how notorious the Tangled Woods could be to those not accustomed to it's harshness. He could attest to it first hand. He'd been found by the acting-leader of the Night Nest, another Guardian, one that went by the name of Tisima.

Being brought to the lair she inhabited showed a wealth of tiny Fae of multiple colors, a pair of smaller Guardians, a clawful of random others coming and going but none matching his or Tisima's size. It made him weary, all these tiny dragons running about between his legs, getting in his way. To their credit, they were used to dodging larger creatures, he watched as Tisima glided across the lair's floor without so much as looking as her talons, the tiny fae swift to flutter out of her way without so much as interrupting their own squeaking tiny conversations.

Tisima has explained that the lair was called Night Nest for the colors of those passing through tended to lean towards blues, blacks and greys. She was the leader, and the 'Flock', as Tisima called it, was still finding it's footing in the world. For now they were just helping those who needed it, like himself.

As she showed him to the space he could call his own for the time being, another fae came squeaking into the lair. He looked towards it, charcoal grey and sunset orange. Close behind the mouthy fae (who quickly went to Tisima for a comically unbalanced nuzzle), was a Spiral Female with green eyes and colors not too far from his own.

"Oh?" Tisima said, looking from the Fae, now seated on one of her great horns, to the Spiral female. "Well then. Welcome to Night Nest, Circiae. You'r'e the second one today. Come, make yourself comfortable, and I'll tell you what you need to know." the Guardian leader said, motioning for the Spiral to join them.

Centauri looked over the female as she came to the small gathering of leader and stranger; he saw the hard light in her eyes, He saw the same hard light in his own every time he bent his head to drink from rivers and streams. A plan began to form in his mind right then, but he kept quiet, turning his attention to the useless information he'd already heard about the lair.

This lair was already dug out of the Tangled Woods, he could learn to live with it's dangers. He could take over this clan. He just needed some help to do so.

~~~

As Centauri spent time in Night Nest, he focused in on Circiae, inviting her to join him on his 'helping' for the clan, seeing as they were letting him stay with them. it didn't take him long to worm his way into her confidences.

"So you were wronged as well, Circae? What a pity." Centauri said, shaking his great head a bit. "Here's an idea though... what if we... took charge?" He asked, eyeing her carefully to gauge her interest.

"Took charge?" Circiae asked, quirking a brow back at him. "How do you mean?"

"I mean, this...'flock'... has no direction, no real leader. You've seen Tisima when something comes up, she doesn't want to be leader, but no one else here wants the job either. We could take over, this would become our Clan, we could write the rules instead of be at the whims of others." Centauri explained, grinning a little as he appealed to Circiae's more selfish side. "What do you think?"

Circiae was quiet, just for a moment, while she considered his offer, but soon enough she locked eyes with him and gave her answer. "You mean We would be mates, and our children would be the ones to rule over this clan? I think that would be the better idea. After all, you still have to get past Tisima, her family, her loyal ones."

Not only was Circiae as dark-hearted as he was, but she had a keen mind to do with that black heart. "Oh, don't worry about that, Circiae. I have a plan. For now, however..." He nudged her shoulder with one paw, a sly smile lingering on his muzzle. "We should set certain things into motion, if we want this clan to get stronger."

Soon after his meeting with Cerciae and back in the Lair, Centauri overheard Tisima speaking to one of the only other Guardians in the clan, a very pale young male called Lunar.

"Are you sure you want to start training? Being leader isn't easy, Lunar." Tisima said, looking worriedly at the young male as he stood before her, his ichor nymph glaring at the Night Nest Leader from behind Lunar's horns.

"I'm sure. I want to learn at least. I could help more. Please, Tisima." Lunar said, nearly begging. it made Centauri want to gag, Leaders shouldn't need to beg for their roles, it should be earned.

"Alright..." Tisima replied reluctantly, frowning a bit. "We'll start your training tomorrow. Now, go get ready, tomorrow will be a long day for you."

Centauri knew what this meant. He would have a challenger for the role of Leader of the Night Nest. For now, dealing with Lunar would have to wait, he had more important matters to tend to. Circiae had been acting strange for days already, and he had a guess as to what the cause could be. Only one thing could confirm it for him, and there was no point rushing that.
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
I'll be keeping track of which Heir continues on in this post, through Lore-story! See the post Below for where the challenge is currently at if you don't like reading whole stories. [columns]Book One:[nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/xlXR3LV.png[/img][/columns] [LIST] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915#post_30727525]Prologue - The Night Nest[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915#post_30756464]Chapter One - Sun is Setting...[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915/1#post_30827943]Chapter Two - Dusk Arrives[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915#post_30887378]Chapter Three - Dark of the Night[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915#post_31029456]Chapter Four - The Heir is Chosen[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915#post_31029509]Chapter Five - A New Generation of Hate[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915/2#post_31079036]Chapter Six - My Legacy is Strong[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915/2#post_31154862]Chapter Seven - Even the Stars are Hiding[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915/2#post_31438323]Chapter Eight - Embers of the Future[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915/2#post_31601028]Chapter Nine - A Change in the Tide[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915/2#post_31728661]Chapter Ten - Meanwhile...[/url] [/LIST] Book Two: [list] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2332915/2#post_31931930]Chapter One - Lady Frost[/url] [/list] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1840461/1][img]http://i.imgur.com/Mz9FfKs.png[/img][/center][/url] [center]Many thanks to the Wonderful Artists over at [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1840461/1]The Library[/url] for the Beautiful Books.[/center]
I'll be keeping track of which Heir continues on in this post, through Lore-story! See the post Below for where the challenge is currently at if you don't like reading whole stories.

Book One: xlXR3LV.png

Book Two:
Mz9FfKs.png
Many thanks to the Wonderful Artists over at The Library for the Beautiful Books.
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
This post is for Keeping Track of the 'Cast' for the Legacy of War. See the post above for the Story. Beware, this post is full of Spoilers for the Story. Each picture is clickable if you want to see more of the Dragon. [quote=Legacy Members] [center][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37298457] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/372985/37298457.png[/img] [/url] Centauri - Founder [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37298943] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/372990/37298943.png[/img] [/url] Cerciae - Mate [/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/1vaYv5K.png?1.png[/img][/center] [b]Generation One[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909885] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/379099/37909885.png[/img] [/url] Kash [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36629905] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/366300/36629905.png[/img] [/url] Alaric - Mate [/columns] [b]Generation Two[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38446964] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/384470/38446964.png[/img] [/url] Undertow [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38452120] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/384522/38452120.png[/img] [/url] Adilina - Mate [/columns] [b]Generation Three[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39006260] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390063/39006260.png[/img] [/url] Rastor [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39071792] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390718/39071792.png[/img] [/url] Serenity - Mate [/columns] [b]Generation Four[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39617084] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/396171/39617084.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Kahlai[/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33444955] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/334450/33444955.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Glasur - Mate[/size] [/columns] [b]Generation Five[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40062681] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/400627/40062681.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Hirseria[/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39931306] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/399314/39931306.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Karobi - Mate[/size] [/columns] [b]Generation Six[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40621658] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/406217/40621658.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Frostfire[/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40464660] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/404647/40464660.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Keion - Mate[/size] [/columns] [b]Generation Seven[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41258840] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/412589/41258840.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Emberfrost[/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40971576] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/409716/40971576.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Sabori - Mate[/size] [/columns] [b]Generation Eight[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890167] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/418902/41890167.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Sombra[/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41498422] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/414985/41498422.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Solaris - Mate[/size] [/columns] [b]Generation Nine[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42766732] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/427668/42766732.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Etrage[/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42432993] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/424330/42432993.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Aretha - Mate[/size] [/columns] [b]Generation Ten[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43786251] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/437863/43786251_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]Geare[/size] [/columns] [/quote] [quote=Possible Heirs] waiting... [/quote] [quote=Gone] Generation 1 [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909886] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/379099/37909886.png[/img] [/url] [s]Hatarin[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909887] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/379099/37909887.png[/img] [/url] [s]Shaderun[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909888] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/379099/37909888.png[/img] [/url] [s]Belladonna[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909889] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/379099/37909889.png[/img] [/url] [s]Casta[/s][/columns] Genetation 2 [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38446963] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/384470/38446963.png[/img] [/url] [s]Sootwing[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38446965] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/384470/38446965.png[/img] [/url] [s]Epiphany[/s][/columns] Generation 3 [Columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39006261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390063/39006261.png[/img] [/url] [s]Sulir[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39006262] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390063/39006262.png[/img] [/url] [s]Ashir[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39006263] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390063/39006263.png[/img] [/url] [s]Camilla[/s] [/columns] Generation 4 [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39617082] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/396171/39617082.png[/img] [/url][s]Torien[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39617083] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/396171/39617083.png[/img] [/url] [s]Azirir[/s] [/columns] Generation 5 [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40062682] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/400627/40062682.png[/img] [/url] [s]Geodia[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40062683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/400627/40062683.png[/img] [/url] [s]Thorne[/s] [/columns] Generation 6 [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40621659] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/406217/40621659.png[/img] [/url] [s]Rosechai[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40621660] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/406217/40621660.png[/img] [/url] [s]Jathatia[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40621661] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/406217/40621661.png[/img] [/url] [s]Teafrost[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40621662] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/406217/40621662.png[/img] [/url] [s]Diaya[/s] [/columns] Generation 7 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41258841] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/412589/41258841.png[/img] [/url] [size=2][s]Featherfreeze[/s][/size] Generation 8 [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890165] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/418902/41890165.png[/img] [/url] [size=2][s]Borealis[/s][/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890166] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/418902/41890166.png[/img] [/url] [size=2][s]Flaire[/s][/size] [/columns] Generation 9 [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42766731] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/427668/42766731.png[/img] [/url] [size=2][s]Runjo[/s][/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42766733] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/427668/42766733.png[/img] [/url] [size=2][s]Batura[/s][/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42766734] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/427668/42766734.png[/img] [/url] [size=2][s]Rosa[/s][/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42766735] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/427668/42766735.png[/img] [/url] [size=2][s]Citrus[/s][/size] [/columns] Generation 10 [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43786249] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/437863/43786249.png[/img] [/url] [s]Arege[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43786250] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/437863/43786250.png[/img] [/url] [s]Ettha[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43786252] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/437863/43786252.png[/img] [/url] [s]Ratha[/s] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43786253] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/437863/43786253.png[/img] [/url] [s]Thagre[/s] [/columns] [/quote] [quote=Others] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36582263] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/365823/36582263.png[/img] [/url] Tisima [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37169890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/371699/37169890.png[/img] [/url] Lunar [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38124748] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/381248/38124748.png[/img] [/url] Staria[/columns] [/quote] [quote=Size Charts][img]https://i.imgur.com/b8Cz5SZ.png?1.png[/img] Left to Right: Kash, Belladonna, Hatarin, Casta & Shaderun [img]https://i.imgur.com/mjMTuru.png?1.png[/img] Lunar added to the Quintuplets [img]https://i.imgur.com/PBnGMcn.png?1.png[/img] Kash has a growth spurt, his new mate Alaric the Spiral is that tiny thing, and Lunar for Comparison [img]https://i.imgur.com/gX0TLCI.png?1.png[/img] Left to Right: Sootwing, Epiphany, & Undertow [img]https://i.imgur.com/xcZJlYX.png?1.png[/img] Lunar added to the Triplets for Size Comparison[/quote]
This post is for Keeping Track of the 'Cast' for the Legacy of War. See the post above for the Story. Beware, this post is full of Spoilers for the Story. Each picture is clickable if you want to see more of the Dragon.

Legacy Members wrote:

37298457.png

Centauri - Founder

37298943.png

Cerciae - Mate
1vaYv5K.png?1.png
Generation One

37909885.png

Kash

36629905.png

Alaric - Mate

Generation Two

38446964.png

Undertow

38452120.png

Adilina - Mate

Generation Three

39006260.png

Rastor

39071792.png

Serenity - Mate

Generation Four

39617084.png

Kahlai

33444955.png

Glasur - Mate

Generation Five

40062681.png

Hirseria

39931306.png

Karobi - Mate

Generation Six

40621658.png

Frostfire

40464660.png

Keion - Mate

Generation Seven

41258840.png

Emberfrost

40971576.png

Sabori - Mate

Generation Eight

41890167.png

Sombra

41498422.png

Solaris - Mate
Generation Nine

42766732.png

Etrage

42432993.png

Aretha - Mate
Generation Ten

43786251_350.png

Geare

Possible Heirs wrote:
waiting...

Gone wrote:
Generation 1

37909886.png

Hatarin

37909887.png

Shaderun

37909888.png

Belladonna

37909889.png

Casta
Genetation 2

38446963.png

Sootwing

38446965.png

Epiphany
Generation 3

39006261.png

Sulir

39006262.png

Ashir

39006263.png

Camilla
Generation 4

39617082.png
Torien

39617083.png

Azirir
Generation 5

40062682.png

Geodia

40062683.png

Thorne
Generation 6

40621659.png

Rosechai

40621660.png

Jathatia

40621661.png

Teafrost

40621662.png

Diaya
Generation 7

41258841.png

Featherfreeze
Generation 8

41890165.png

Borealis

41890166.png

Flaire
Generation 9

42766731.png

Runjo

42766733.png

Batura

42766734.png

Rosa

42766735.png

Citrus
Generation 10

43786249.png

Arege

43786250.png

Ettha

43786252.png

Ratha

43786253.png

Thagre

Others wrote:

36582263.png

Tisima

37169890.png

Lunar

38124748.png

Staria

Size Charts wrote:
b8Cz5SZ.png?1.png
Left to Right: Kash, Belladonna, Hatarin, Casta & Shaderun

mjMTuru.png?1.png
Lunar added to the Quintuplets

PBnGMcn.png?1.png
Kash has a growth spurt, his new mate Alaric the Spiral is that tiny thing, and Lunar for Comparison

gX0TLCI.png?1.png
Left to Right: Sootwing, Epiphany, & Undertow

xcZJlYX.png?1.png
Lunar added to the Triplets for Size Comparison
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
[center][size=7]Chapter 1 - Sun is Setting...[/size][/center] The time had finally come. Their plans were already in motion as the sun set on this day, and Cerciae had been irritable and moody for some time, but it had been worth it. the First step in taking over this Clan, this 'Night Nest', had finally arrived. 5 eggs would be providing the next step in the plan. Cerciae eyed each one suspiciously, trying to guess which would be the lucky one to grow strong enough one day. Tisima had visited many times, the Guardian Leader of the Clan (for the time being at least), seemed to make a point to do so, making sure the rookery portion of the lair was sufficient enough for it's need. For the moment, Cerciae was the only dragoness in need of the rookery, which was fine by her. Centauri visited once a day, as the sun was setting. He'd been hunting for her, but now that the Eggs were laid, that would end. He'd also been spying. Cerciae had heard of the smaller guardian male who wished to be leader, his training with Tisima. From what Centauri told however, the boy's lessons had hardly begun even now. Tisima was only Acting Leader, and the job took much of the guardian female's time away from teaching Lunar how to be a leader. The rest of the Clan wouldn't be an issue. The Fae were plentiful but tiny, the younger Guardian female, Tisima's Daughter, was more intent on playing pranks on others with her Fae Twin. All she and Centauri had to do, was find a way to get rid of Tisima and Lunar. Tisima could easily be controlled, her Fae Children would make sure of that. Lunar however had no family ties within the clan. He would be a bit more difficult. Centauri and Cerciae couldn't speak too loudly of their plans however. It wouldn't do to raise suspicions around them. Cerciae took her ques from Centauri on when it was safe to speak or not. He often requested no visitors after sundown, which gave them both some privacy on the matter. So she waited. Sundown came, and she could hear the echo of Centauri arriving, asking for no more visits to his mate. A few minuets later, he'd arrived, and settled down beside her, eyeing the newly laid eggs she guarded with her long form. "At last." Centauri murmured, leaning over to inspect each egg in turn. Five of them, but only one could inherit the plants of it's parents. "Now we wait. It won't be long before these hatch, and show what kind of warriors are to be." He said, resting his head on the ground in a way he could gaze at the Eggs of his legacy. Once they hatched, they would grow, and one Prince or Princess would take over. One child, would be raised within Centauri's and Cerciae's plans. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/0gf6K8Q.png[/img][/center] ----- And so the pair waited. The Eggs were strange to both of them, Centauri was from the Icefields, Cerciae was from the Labyrinth. Their eggs however, looked nothing like either expected. They were raising their eggs in the Tangled Woods after all, Shadowbinder's magic was ever-present, altering the eggs even from afar. As the Eggs incubated, Centauri and Cerciae took great care not to lose a single hatchling. Their efforts were rewarded when one night, The first of the Eggs began to crack open. One by one small chirping calls began to sound from each of the eggs, and eventually the five eggs were all shipping away, the shells falling off all together. One by one their children poked their heads out of their shells and started flairing their small wings. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909885] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ej65hay.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][size=3]the first to knock the eggshell remains off was a little boy, the same blue wings as his parents, Tiger striped and with an underbelly stripe. They named him [b]Kash[/b].[/size][/columns] [columns][size=3]the next was also a boy, slightly more green and missing the tiger stripes of his elder brother. This one's name became [b]Hatarin[/b].[/size][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909886] [img]https://i.imgur.com/utF7tes.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909887] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DXE8DCy.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][size=3]The third-hatched was yet another boy, and Centauri was proud of such chances that his heir would be such a warrior. This one was more purple-colored, with daubed wings and an underbelly stripe. This one's name was chosen as [b]Shaderun[/b][/size][/columns] Three eggs hatched, and Centauri was proud to call these three his Sons. Of course, only one child would carry on his legacy to greatness, but with three sons already, he felt sure his legacy was secure. Turning his attention to the last two eggs, he watched as they broke free of their shells with as much energy as their elder brothers did. [columns][size=3] Next came the first little girl, with a purple-ish coloring much like one of her brothers, she had tiger stripes, and an underbelly stripe. her name was [b]Belladonna[/b].[/size][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909888] [img]https://i.imgur.com/XypusvZ.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909889] [img]https://i.imgur.com/OMFl9S7.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][size=3]the final egg was another girl, and the only one with three patterns on her scales. Tiger stripes, daubed wings, and an underbelly stripe. her name was chosen as [b]Casta[/b].[/size][/columns] Cerciae was quite proud of the two little girls, but knew they would have to fight much harder to beat out their three elder brothers for a chance to be heir to Centauri's legacy. What Centauri failed to recognize however was this was not just His legacy, it was also her own. She would give her daughters extra training in the future, to ensure they had an even chance of becoming the heir both parents needed for their plans. Having four other siblings of course, would provide plenty of play-fighting, and occasionally real fighting, to ensure all five children grew up strong. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/mohQGiV.png?1.png[/img][/center]
Chapter 1 - Sun is Setting...

The time had finally come. Their plans were already in motion as the sun set on this day, and Cerciae had been irritable and moody for some time, but it had been worth it. the First step in taking over this Clan, this 'Night Nest', had finally arrived. 5 eggs would be providing the next step in the plan. Cerciae eyed each one suspiciously, trying to guess which would be the lucky one to grow strong enough one day. Tisima had visited many times, the Guardian Leader of the Clan (for the time being at least), seemed to make a point to do so, making sure the rookery portion of the lair was sufficient enough for it's need. For the moment, Cerciae was the only dragoness in need of the rookery, which was fine by her.

Centauri visited once a day, as the sun was setting. He'd been hunting for her, but now that the Eggs were laid, that would end. He'd also been spying. Cerciae had heard of the smaller guardian male who wished to be leader, his training with Tisima.

From what Centauri told however, the boy's lessons had hardly begun even now. Tisima was only Acting Leader, and the job took much of the guardian female's time away from teaching Lunar how to be a leader. The rest of the Clan wouldn't be an issue. The Fae were plentiful but tiny, the younger Guardian female, Tisima's Daughter, was more intent on playing pranks on others with her Fae Twin.

All she and Centauri had to do, was find a way to get rid of Tisima and Lunar. Tisima could easily be controlled, her Fae Children would make sure of that. Lunar however had no family ties within the clan. He would be a bit more difficult.

Centauri and Cerciae couldn't speak too loudly of their plans however. It wouldn't do to raise suspicions around them. Cerciae took her ques from Centauri on when it was safe to speak or not. He often requested no visitors after sundown, which gave them both some privacy on the matter.

So she waited. Sundown came, and she could hear the echo of Centauri arriving, asking for no more visits to his mate. A few minuets later, he'd arrived, and settled down beside her, eyeing the newly laid eggs she guarded with her long form.

"At last." Centauri murmured, leaning over to inspect each egg in turn. Five of them, but only one could inherit the plants of it's parents. "Now we wait. It won't be long before these hatch, and show what kind of warriors are to be." He said, resting his head on the ground in a way he could gaze at the Eggs of his legacy. Once they hatched, they would grow, and one Prince or Princess would take over.

One child, would be raised within Centauri's and Cerciae's plans.
0gf6K8Q.png

And so the pair waited. The Eggs were strange to both of them, Centauri was from the Icefields, Cerciae was from the Labyrinth. Their eggs however, looked nothing like either expected. They were raising their eggs in the Tangled Woods after all, Shadowbinder's magic was ever-present, altering the eggs even from afar.

As the Eggs incubated, Centauri and Cerciae took great care not to lose a single hatchling. Their efforts were rewarded when one night, The first of the Eggs began to crack open. One by one small chirping calls began to sound from each of the eggs, and eventually the five eggs were all shipping away, the shells falling off all together. One by one their children poked their heads out of their shells and started flairing their small wings.

Ej65hay.png
the first to knock the eggshell remains off was a little boy, the same blue wings as his parents, Tiger striped and with an underbelly stripe. They named him Kash.
the next was also a boy, slightly more green and missing the tiger stripes of his elder brother. This one's name became Hatarin.
utF7tes.png

DXE8DCy.png
The third-hatched was yet another boy, and Centauri was proud of such chances that his heir would be such a warrior. This one was more purple-colored, with daubed wings and an underbelly stripe. This one's name was chosen as Shaderun

Three eggs hatched, and Centauri was proud to call these three his Sons. Of course, only one child would carry on his legacy to greatness, but with three sons already, he felt sure his legacy was secure. Turning his attention to the last two eggs, he watched as they broke free of their shells with as much energy as their elder brothers did.
Next came the first little girl, with a purple-ish coloring much like one of her brothers, she had tiger stripes, and an underbelly stripe. her name was Belladonna.
XypusvZ.png

OMFl9S7.png
the final egg was another girl, and the only one with three patterns on her scales. Tiger stripes, daubed wings, and an underbelly stripe. her name was chosen as Casta.

Cerciae was quite proud of the two little girls, but knew they would have to fight much harder to beat out their three elder brothers for a chance to be heir to Centauri's legacy. What Centauri failed to recognize however was this was not just His legacy, it was also her own. She would give her daughters extra training in the future, to ensure they had an even chance of becoming the heir both parents needed for their plans. Having four other siblings of course, would provide plenty of play-fighting, and occasionally real fighting, to ensure all five children grew up strong.

mohQGiV.png?1.png
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
[center][size=7]Chapter 2 - Dusk Arrives[/center] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ej65hay.png[/img] [nextcol][size=4] As time went on, the hatchlings learned fast. Centauri took the boys out for hunting and fighting pratice, Cerciae took the girls off to do something else. Life was Good. Kash was the eldest, and he learned fast what his Father wanted him to learn. He bullied his brothers relentlessly, biting and clawing, not that he did much damage at first, being so small. His needle-like claws slid right off his brother's hard scales more often then not. He learned to lie and trick, tempting his younger brothers with false promises of a shared meal or toy. If Hatarin or Shaderun fell for it, their surprise was often painful. A tackle, a bite, a kick. Kash was ruthless, making sure he earned every tiger stripe his scales sported. [/size][/columns] As he grew, he soon learned that his sisters were not a threat to be dismissed so easily. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909888]Belladonna[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909889]Casta[/url] were each Ruthless in their own ways. He knew all his Brother's tricks, they'd all been taught the same - to use force whenever necessary, strength is the way of the world and is the only thing that will secure the next head of the family. His Sisters however, when they were reunited, were slender and graceful, the way they spoke often left him confused and uncomfortable, like a thorn under his hide, they never engaged in the roughhousing of Kash and his brothers, but their words could still hurt, and he couldn't figure out how they did it. The only time Kash worked together with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909886]Hatarin[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909887]Shaderun[/url] was to try and figure out the newest comment their sisters had dropped on one of them, was it true, or an insult? Was it a threat, or just idle gossip? They could never quite figure it out. Casta seemed to be the leader for the girls, some days. Other days Belladonna was in charge as far as young Kash could tell. Things didn't change for a long time, even when He and his Brothers began to grow their glorious beards, his Sisters Comments left him just as confused and uncomfortable as when they were still small. Soon however, the time would come. Centauri told them about the outside threat to their family almost every night. Telling the young hatchlings about this giant pale male Guardian, or talking with their mother while the siblings pretended to be asleep. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37169890]Lunar[/url], the white Guardian, was already full grown, and had been training for much longer. Centauri told them this guardian threat would take away their birthright, that he was planning to overthrow the clan before one of them could step up. Kash would not let that happen. Kash spoke with his siblings many nights after their parents had gone to sleep, trying to figure out what to do about the white male. The idea they agreed on, was to drive him out before he ever had a chance. Soon they would be grown enough, and if they worked together, 5 on 1 would be odds in their favor. Once Lunar was dealt with, they could squabble over who would lead all they liked. The plan was set, now all they had to do was train, and wait for an opportunity.
Chapter 2 - Dusk Arrives
Ej65hay.png
As time went on, the hatchlings learned fast. Centauri took the boys out for hunting and fighting pratice, Cerciae took the girls off to do something else. Life was Good.

Kash was the eldest, and he learned fast what his Father wanted him to learn. He bullied his brothers relentlessly, biting and clawing, not that he did much damage at first, being so small. His needle-like claws slid right off his brother's hard scales more often then not.

He learned to lie and trick, tempting his younger brothers with false promises of a shared meal or toy. If Hatarin or Shaderun fell for it, their surprise was often painful. A tackle, a bite, a kick. Kash was ruthless, making sure he earned every tiger stripe his scales sported.

As he grew, he soon learned that his sisters were not a threat to be dismissed so easily. Belladonna and Casta were each Ruthless in their own ways. He knew all his Brother's tricks, they'd all been taught the same - to use force whenever necessary, strength is the way of the world and is the only thing that will secure the next head of the family.

His Sisters however, when they were reunited, were slender and graceful, the way they spoke often left him confused and uncomfortable, like a thorn under his hide, they never engaged in the roughhousing of Kash and his brothers, but their words could still hurt, and he couldn't figure out how they did it. The only time Kash worked together with Hatarin and Shaderun was to try and figure out the newest comment their sisters had dropped on one of them, was it true, or an insult? Was it a threat, or just idle gossip? They could never quite figure it out.

Casta seemed to be the leader for the girls, some days. Other days Belladonna was in charge as far as young Kash could tell. Things didn't change for a long time, even when He and his Brothers began to grow their glorious beards, his Sisters Comments left him just as confused and uncomfortable as when they were still small.

Soon however, the time would come. Centauri told them about the outside threat to their family almost every night. Telling the young hatchlings about this giant pale male Guardian, or talking with their mother while the siblings pretended to be asleep. Lunar, the white Guardian, was already full grown, and had been training for much longer. Centauri told them this guardian threat would take away their birthright, that he was planning to overthrow the clan before one of them could step up. Kash would not let that happen.

Kash spoke with his siblings many nights after their parents had gone to sleep, trying to figure out what to do about the white male. The idea they agreed on, was to drive him out before he ever had a chance. Soon they would be grown enough, and if they worked together, 5 on 1 would be odds in their favor. Once Lunar was dealt with, they could squabble over who would lead all they liked. The plan was set, now all they had to do was train, and wait for an opportunity.
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
[i][/i][center][size=7]Chapter 3 - Dark of the Night[/size][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37169890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/371699/37169890_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] [size=4]Lunar was excited for this day to arrive, even if his Ichor Nymph Isabella wasn't. Tisima had agreed to let him try his hand at leading the Flock while she went back to the Obscured Cresent to ask if they could move to the Wispwillow Grove, where the lairs could be bigger, and their families could grow. Tisima already had a few grandchildren but she was hoping for more, for one of her lineage to be born a natural leader so she could pass on the job to them. Lunar had been training though, to become a leader. He wanted a test of his skills and Tisima had agreed to leave the care of the clan in his claws until she returned. He checked in on the Fae of the [b]Song Flock[/b] - Tisima's family, for the most part. He checked in on the [b]Aerie of Sunlight[/b] - her Son Eclipse's Flock, which composed currently of Eclipse, his mate Cloudsinger and their single Daughter Dusklight. [/size][/columns] Next, Lunar checked on the [b]Study of Stars[/b] Flock, which despite his bright coloring, included himself and a few other dragons of blues, grays and blacks. The Last Flock had a single member, the [b]Hoard of Darkness[/b] was supposed to be for those of the Study with colors too dark to really fit in, and it was headed by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=348691&tab=dragon&did=37146399]Crow[/url], Tisima's Grandson, a dark little Fae. Once every one of the Flocks had been checked on, Lunar went to check on the Night Nest's guests, Centauri, Cerciae, and their 5 children. Lunar hadn't had time to hang out with the Guardian children much, but he was glad to have Guardian friends around, and the two girls - Belladonna and Casta, had grown quite lovely. As he left the Lair to look for the family, he spotted two of the brothers - Hatarin and Shaderun. They were quite far out, no doubt practicing their new skills as adult dragons. Hatarin was smaller than Shaderun, but it didn't seem to be stopping him from practicing. [b]"Hey Hatarin, Shaderun!"[/b] Lunar called as he approached. All of the 5 siblings were much smaller then Lunar, but Lunar had grown up around the tiny Fae of his foster family, so he was used to being gentle with smaller dragons. Isabella clung to his horns tightly, "Something's odd about that family." She murmured in nymph-speak. "Their eyes are always so cold. If they weren't touched by Shadowbinder's presence I would swear they belonged to the Icewarden himself." The smaller Guardians both looked up at Lunar's call, and as Isabella spoke, they both ran off further out of sight. Lunar just chuckled at Isabella's weariness, something he'd grown up with since the day he was hatched. [b]"You worry too much, 'Bella."[/b] Lunar replied, lengthening his stride to catch up with the younger Guardian boys. [b]"They're Shadow Guardians, you know what that means!"[/b] Isabella sighed, and continued to hang on tightly as Lunar's steps began long strides. Soon as the two other Guardians boys came into sight they were off again, and Lunar followed. Soon enough he was winging his was over the land searching for wherever the pair had vanished to. He knew the land well, but he wouldn't be surprised if the quintuplets had dug themselves their own little hiding holes. What he hadn't expected was for Isabella to scream practically in his ear to dive, jolting his flight path from the suddenness of her scream. Close second to that, was three pairs of claws slapping into his body and shoving him out of the sky amid loud shrieks and screams, some of which were his own pained ones and Isabella's fearful ones, the rest were rage-filled. As he tried to adjust the angle of his fall he glanced back and saw Belladonna, Casta, and Kash as the attackers. Above them, hovering in flight, was another Guardian, and a spiral twisting in the air beside them, but they were too far away for him to make out. Lunar crashed into the unforgiving earth of the Tangled Wood, scales being scraped by thorns and brambles, creatures making a run for it through the foliage to avoid the crash-landing of a total of 4 Guardians. The Impact shook 3 of the 5 children off, and Lunar got up quickly, looking for Isabella. [b]"Bella?!"[/b] The Ichor Nymph had landed not far off, but she was injured and having trouble flying to him. Lunar lunged to collect her before she could get hurt any further. Kash, Belladonna and Casta were getting up by now, Kash already coming after him. Lunar scooped one great horn behind Isabella's knees and cupped her on his horns where she could hang on. He spun to face Kash and the rest of the Quintuplets with a snarl, Isabella might not be his charge, but he didn't take kindly to anyone doing her any harm. The group met in battle, Lunar was outmatched by these smaller guardian young, but the one though running through his mind was why they were doing this. Had some magic gripped their minds? Was some evil being controlling them like a puppet master from afar? Hit for hit, Lunar was forced back towards one of the rivers running through the woods, the Quintuplets coming at him from every angle, He was larger, but he was still only One Dragon. He didn't want to really hurt any of them, he just wanted them to back off. They drove him to the edge of the river, and then someone's bolt of magic caught him on the head. The last thing he saw was the world tilting strangely, Isabella's small form floating just in front of his line of sight with a stream of small bubbles rising up from her mouth, and darkness creeping in from the edges of his vision... [b][i](To be continued. This isn't the last time we'll be seeing Lunar, but it won't be for a long while yet!)[/i][/b]
Chapter 3 - Dark of the Night

37169890_350.png
Lunar was excited for this day to arrive, even if his Ichor Nymph Isabella wasn't. Tisima had agreed to let him try his hand at leading the Flock while she went back to the Obscured Cresent to ask if they could move to the Wispwillow Grove, where the lairs could be bigger, and their families could grow. Tisima already had a few grandchildren but she was hoping for more, for one of her lineage to be born a natural leader so she could pass on the job to them.

Lunar had been training though, to become a leader. He wanted a test of his skills and Tisima had agreed to leave the care of the clan in his claws until she returned. He checked in on the Fae of the Song Flock - Tisima's family, for the most part. He checked in on the Aerie of Sunlight - her Son Eclipse's Flock, which composed currently of Eclipse, his mate Cloudsinger and their single Daughter Dusklight.

Next, Lunar checked on the Study of Stars Flock, which despite his bright coloring, included himself and a few other dragons of blues, grays and blacks. The Last Flock had a single member, the Hoard of Darkness was supposed to be for those of the Study with colors too dark to really fit in, and it was headed by Crow, Tisima's Grandson, a dark little Fae.

Once every one of the Flocks had been checked on, Lunar went to check on the Night Nest's guests, Centauri, Cerciae, and their 5 children. Lunar hadn't had time to hang out with the Guardian children much, but he was glad to have Guardian friends around, and the two girls - Belladonna and Casta, had grown quite lovely. As he left the Lair to look for the family, he spotted two of the brothers - Hatarin and Shaderun. They were quite far out, no doubt practicing their new skills as adult dragons. Hatarin was smaller than Shaderun, but it didn't seem to be stopping him from practicing.

"Hey Hatarin, Shaderun!" Lunar called as he approached. All of the 5 siblings were much smaller then Lunar, but Lunar had grown up around the tiny Fae of his foster family, so he was used to being gentle with smaller dragons.

Isabella clung to his horns tightly, "Something's odd about that family." She murmured in nymph-speak. "Their eyes are always so cold. If they weren't touched by Shadowbinder's presence I would swear they belonged to the Icewarden himself."

The smaller Guardians both looked up at Lunar's call, and as Isabella spoke, they both ran off further out of sight. Lunar just chuckled at Isabella's weariness, something he'd grown up with since the day he was hatched.

"You worry too much, 'Bella." Lunar replied, lengthening his stride to catch up with the younger Guardian boys. "They're Shadow Guardians, you know what that means!"

Isabella sighed, and continued to hang on tightly as Lunar's steps began long strides. Soon as the two other Guardians boys came into sight they were off again, and Lunar followed. Soon enough he was winging his was over the land searching for wherever the pair had vanished to. He knew the land well, but he wouldn't be surprised if the quintuplets had dug themselves their own little hiding holes.

What he hadn't expected was for Isabella to scream practically in his ear to dive, jolting his flight path from the suddenness of her scream. Close second to that, was three pairs of claws slapping into his body and shoving him out of the sky amid loud shrieks and screams, some of which were his own pained ones and Isabella's fearful ones, the rest were rage-filled. As he tried to adjust the angle of his fall he glanced back and saw Belladonna, Casta, and Kash as the attackers. Above them, hovering in flight, was another Guardian, and a spiral twisting in the air beside them, but they were too far away for him to make out.

Lunar crashed into the unforgiving earth of the Tangled Wood, scales being scraped by thorns and brambles, creatures making a run for it through the foliage to avoid the crash-landing of a total of 4 Guardians. The Impact shook 3 of the 5 children off, and Lunar got up quickly, looking for Isabella. "Bella?!"

The Ichor Nymph had landed not far off, but she was injured and having trouble flying to him. Lunar lunged to collect her before she could get hurt any further. Kash, Belladonna and Casta were getting up by now, Kash already coming after him. Lunar scooped one great horn behind Isabella's knees and cupped her on his horns where she could hang on. He spun to face Kash and the rest of the Quintuplets with a snarl, Isabella might not be his charge, but he didn't take kindly to anyone doing her any harm.

The group met in battle, Lunar was outmatched by these smaller guardian young, but the one though running through his mind was why they were doing this. Had some magic gripped their minds? Was some evil being controlling them like a puppet master from afar?

Hit for hit, Lunar was forced back towards one of the rivers running through the woods, the Quintuplets coming at him from every angle, He was larger, but he was still only One Dragon. He didn't want to really hurt any of them, he just wanted them to back off. They drove him to the edge of the river, and then someone's bolt of magic caught him on the head.

The last thing he saw was the world tilting strangely, Isabella's small form floating just in front of his line of sight with a stream of small bubbles rising up from her mouth, and darkness creeping in from the edges of his vision...

(To be continued. This isn't the last time we'll be seeing Lunar, but it won't be for a long while yet!)
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
[center][size=7]Chapter 4 - The Heir is Chosen[/size][/center] With the only true possible leader out of the way, Training continued for the five siblings. Until one Day, it was time to make the final choice. The Brothers went first. The Battles within the Arena were difficult. Hatarin fell first, and was left to sneak away with his broken pride. Kash and Shaderun dind't even stop to see if his injuries would make it impossible to leave. it was down to just Kash and Shaderun now. For a long time the two were evenly matched, but one wrong guess, one second too late on misjudging a feint, and Shaderun fell. Just like they'd done to Hatarin, Kash went on to rejoin his Father, Shaderun was left to fend for himself. Next up were the girls, Belladonna and Casta refused a third party member. For them, it didn't take quite as long to see who would come back as the only daughter. Casta injured her side, and Belladonna left her behind. When Belladonna returned to her Parents, Centauri said that there would be One More Test. Only one child could remain, and now it was between Kash, and Belladonna. Already cut up an beaten, the two re-entered the Arena for their final battle; blow for blow they went at eachother, struggling for the title, the right to be stay part of the family. Belladonna fell, and Kash left her behind, just as he'd done his Brothers, just as Belladonna had done to Casta. kash returned victorious, and Centauri smiled with something that was almost Pride. "We need to find you a suitable mate now, My Son," Centauri said, "You need to continue our family legacy, for you are the True Heir to our clan, and I'm sure you will lead us to many great things." As a reward for being a sucessful Heir, Kash was given a small pet to help him in his future endevors, a wicked little Black Iron Creeper. Noone would remove this family from their seat of power over the Night Nest. ----- [center][size=5]The Victor and Heir: Lord Kash[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37909885] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379099/37909885_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Chapter 4 - The Heir is Chosen

With the only true possible leader out of the way, Training continued for the five siblings. Until one Day, it was time to make the final choice.

The Brothers went first. The Battles within the Arena were difficult. Hatarin fell first, and was left to sneak away with his broken pride. Kash and Shaderun dind't even stop to see if his injuries would make it impossible to leave.

it was down to just Kash and Shaderun now. For a long time the two were evenly matched, but one wrong guess, one second too late on misjudging a feint, and Shaderun fell. Just like they'd done to Hatarin, Kash went on to rejoin his Father, Shaderun was left to fend for himself.

Next up were the girls, Belladonna and Casta refused a third party member. For them, it didn't take quite as long to see who would come back as the only daughter. Casta injured her side, and Belladonna left her behind.

When Belladonna returned to her Parents, Centauri said that there would be One More Test. Only one child could remain, and now it was between Kash, and Belladonna. Already cut up an beaten, the two re-entered the Arena for their final battle; blow for blow they went at eachother, struggling for the title, the right to be stay part of the family.

Belladonna fell, and Kash left her behind, just as he'd done his Brothers, just as Belladonna had done to Casta. kash returned victorious, and Centauri smiled with something that was almost Pride.

"We need to find you a suitable mate now, My Son," Centauri said, "You need to continue our family legacy, for you are the True Heir to our clan, and I'm sure you will lead us to many great things."

As a reward for being a sucessful Heir, Kash was given a small pet to help him in his future endevors, a wicked little Black Iron Creeper. Noone would remove this family from their seat of power over the Night Nest.

The Victor and Heir: Lord Kash

37909885_350.png
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
[center][size=7]Chapter 5 - A New Generation of Hate[/size][/center] Centauri held good to his word. Kash was growing into a stronger Adult; getting taller and stronger. It wasn't long before Centauri knew his son would start eyeing the females around him, but Centauri did not want his Son fooling around with some soft-hearted member of the Night Nest. His Legacy had to remain strong. So he set out to the nearby lands, looking for a suitable mate for his son. for a long time Centauri didn't see anyone suitable, and he started bringing Kash on his trips to find a mate. The two Guardians soon found a tiny Spiral Female, near the edges of Plague lands. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36629905] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/366300/36629905_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [size=4]The little Spiral was training on her own, small but strong for her size. Kash was immedietly taken by her training display. He flew down and the pair talked for a bit, while Centauri stayed back, letting his son secure the prize. Kash appealed to the Plague nature of all Plague-elementals; to spread their influance and ways, like a venom in a wound. Alaric jumped at the chance to take Plague ideals into new lands in the Tangled Woods, and returned to Night nest with Kash and Centauri as her escourts. Kash and alaric wasted no time in fulfilling their agreement, Alaric laid a nest of Three Eggs, securing the Lord's Legacy for another Generation. [/size][/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/WRzqUKD.png[/img][/center] ----- Not only was Kash's Legacy secure, many, many new Eggs found their way into the Night Nest. The first Egg was found lodged in a tree branch, and brought in without Kash and Centauri's knowing. Tisima Guarded it until it hatched, and out popped a tiny Nocturne, with lovely blue eyes. [columns][size=4]The Hatchling was given the name Staria, and though she was brought in without permission, Kash allowed her to stay. She was the first of many Nocturnes to come. Apperently many Nocturnes had lost their eggs, and the eggs had somehow found their way to Night Nest territory. Every time someone went out to Gather up food or other supplies, it seemed they brought back Another Nocturne Egg. Kash allowed the hatchlings to remain, figuring one of his own Sons or Daughters, once they'd gone through the same training and selection he had, would find one of the grown Nocturnes a useful mate.[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/56Uee81.png[/img][/columns]
Chapter 5 - A New Generation of Hate

Centauri held good to his word. Kash was growing into a stronger Adult; getting taller and stronger. It wasn't long before Centauri knew his son would start eyeing the females around him, but Centauri did not want his Son fooling around with some soft-hearted member of the Night Nest. His Legacy had to remain strong. So he set out to the nearby lands, looking for a suitable mate for his son.

for a long time Centauri didn't see anyone suitable, and he started bringing Kash on his trips to find a mate. The two Guardians soon found a tiny Spiral Female, near the edges of Plague lands.

36629905_350.png
The little Spiral was training on her own, small but strong for her size. Kash was immedietly taken by her training display. He flew down and the pair talked for a bit, while Centauri stayed back, letting his son secure the prize.

Kash appealed to the Plague nature of all Plague-elementals; to spread their influance and ways, like a venom in a wound. Alaric jumped at the chance to take Plague ideals into new lands in the Tangled Woods, and returned to Night nest with Kash and Centauri as her escourts.

Kash and alaric wasted no time in fulfilling their agreement, Alaric laid a nest of Three Eggs, securing the Lord's Legacy for another Generation.

WRzqUKD.png

Not only was Kash's Legacy secure, many, many new Eggs found their way into the Night Nest. The first Egg was found lodged in a tree branch, and brought in without Kash and Centauri's knowing. Tisima Guarded it until it hatched, and out popped a tiny Nocturne, with lovely blue eyes.

The Hatchling was given the name Staria, and though she was brought in without permission, Kash allowed her to stay. She was the first of many Nocturnes to come.

Apperently many Nocturnes had lost their eggs, and the eggs had somehow found their way to Night Nest territory. Every time someone went out to Gather up food or other supplies,
it seemed they brought back Another Nocturne Egg.

Kash allowed the hatchlings to remain, figuring one of his own Sons or Daughters, once they'd gone through the same training and selection he had,
would find one of the grown Nocturnes a useful mate.
56Uee81.png
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Wishlist
FR Time +3
1 2 3