Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 280 281
not sure how much i'll be able to get done today, and i had to skip out the last time due to just really not knowing how to find words for a dragon i picked, so i think i'll have to get back to that one some other day. i'm trying to get bios done for dragons that are dressed up and have awakened familiars, so they are more or less completed and could be denned for a little more lair space. (my impulse purchases... how do people have just a few dragons? i so wish i could stop myself, especially because for some i just have. no ideas whatsoever) i'm hoping to get a lore blurb for my girl Fletcher done today, at least, since that's all he's missing.

Do your dragons have any unique festivals, holidays, or similar traditions? How did they come about?

hmm, the way my lore is set up, the amount of dragons in this one village is supposed to be somewhat low, and dragons need to be as preferring to be on their own / interact with just a few others, as possible. so they're not the most tight-knit community per se, don't have much history going on, and kind of lack some sort of developed culture.

so unless something worth a celebration happens, or it's someone's birthday, the only actual days something happens are usually dates picked out by the council members as celebrations / holidays to honour the spirits and/or deities connected to this specific territory.

How are they celebrated? Are there special customs involved? What about food and/or clothes?

if there is any sort of celebration going on, it usually involves everyone bringing something "to the table" food-wise, as offerings to the spirit(s) or a deity, and then a separate feast from all the food gathered by the hunters. there's usually some light decorating going on, mostly with flowers, draperies, and maybe small decorative trinkets and such, but usually nothing too fancy. and also some entertainment, usually in form of singing and dancing performed by a local songstress, to which others can join in if they want, off the stage.

Are there any taboos, insults, etc regarding these customs? Any specific ways to convey something negative?

not sure. i don't think so. dragons who don't contribute much / don't participate / have different beliefs may be frowned upon / singled out, especially by the council if they're aware of it, but otherwise nothing really comes to mind.

How often does the event take place?

i'd say there's probably something at least once a month.

Are there designated planners/etc? Is it volunteer-based, tradition-/lineage-based, lots drawn, etc?
it's mostly volunteer-based, as there's dragons who are good at this or that and can help out with setting up and preparations. Anides is a very leader-like figure and helps running everything. Jade is the right hand of one of the council members / flight reps, but he and the rep are the only ones who actually interact with and help the villagers, so he'd probably help out / contribute too. Zera handles planning and behind-the-scene chores often, Eden is a gardener and provides the flowers for decorating, Diantha is the one usually doing the actual performing. Liprica may help with some magical effects to add some flare.

Who are the ones usually celebrating? Who are the ones avoiding it?

hmm, it'd probably be easier to list those who would avoid it, wouldn't care about it, or anything of the sort. none of the oddballs would be joining because they're not really part of the village, Chara and Cadmael are usually busy bees preferring to just stay at their place and get things done, Hickory is regarded by almost everyone else as weird due to the fact that he never talks, and xe doesn't really like noise and crowds either, Annalee is usually at the graves / on the outskirts and more of a loner too, Fletcher comes sometimes but on a rare occasion and mostly for a night off and some drinks.

Can anyone join in, or is participation limited to a specific group?

anyone living in the village can join in, there are usually no limitations on it.

Who blasts fireworks when everyone else is trying to sleep?

Runar would potentially be a dummy who'd set off some.
not sure how much i'll be able to get done today, and i had to skip out the last time due to just really not knowing how to find words for a dragon i picked, so i think i'll have to get back to that one some other day. i'm trying to get bios done for dragons that are dressed up and have awakened familiars, so they are more or less completed and could be denned for a little more lair space. (my impulse purchases... how do people have just a few dragons? i so wish i could stop myself, especially because for some i just have. no ideas whatsoever) i'm hoping to get a lore blurb for my girl Fletcher done today, at least, since that's all he's missing.

Do your dragons have any unique festivals, holidays, or similar traditions? How did they come about?

hmm, the way my lore is set up, the amount of dragons in this one village is supposed to be somewhat low, and dragons need to be as preferring to be on their own / interact with just a few others, as possible. so they're not the most tight-knit community per se, don't have much history going on, and kind of lack some sort of developed culture.

so unless something worth a celebration happens, or it's someone's birthday, the only actual days something happens are usually dates picked out by the council members as celebrations / holidays to honour the spirits and/or deities connected to this specific territory.

How are they celebrated? Are there special customs involved? What about food and/or clothes?

if there is any sort of celebration going on, it usually involves everyone bringing something "to the table" food-wise, as offerings to the spirit(s) or a deity, and then a separate feast from all the food gathered by the hunters. there's usually some light decorating going on, mostly with flowers, draperies, and maybe small decorative trinkets and such, but usually nothing too fancy. and also some entertainment, usually in form of singing and dancing performed by a local songstress, to which others can join in if they want, off the stage.

Are there any taboos, insults, etc regarding these customs? Any specific ways to convey something negative?

not sure. i don't think so. dragons who don't contribute much / don't participate / have different beliefs may be frowned upon / singled out, especially by the council if they're aware of it, but otherwise nothing really comes to mind.

i'd say there's probably something at least once a month.

Are there designated planners/etc? Is it volunteer-based, tradition-/lineage-based, lots drawn, etc?
it's mostly volunteer-based, as there's dragons who are good at this or that and can help out with setting up and preparations. Anides is a very leader-like figure and helps running everything. Jade is the right hand of one of the council members / flight reps, but he and the rep are the only ones who actually interact with and help the villagers, so he'd probably help out / contribute too. Zera handles planning and behind-the-scene chores often, Eden is a gardener and provides the flowers for decorating, Diantha is the one usually doing the actual performing. Liprica may help with some magical effects to add some flare.

hmm, it'd probably be easier to list those who would avoid it, wouldn't care about it, or anything of the sort. none of the oddballs would be joining because they're not really part of the village, Chara and Cadmael are usually busy bees preferring to just stay at their place and get things done, Hickory is regarded by almost everyone else as weird due to the fact that he never talks, and xe doesn't really like noise and crowds either, Annalee is usually at the graves / on the outskirts and more of a loner too, Fletcher comes sometimes but on a rare occasion and mostly for a night off and some drinks.

anyone living in the village can join in, there are usually no limitations on it.

Runar would potentially be a dummy who'd set off some.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png
- bek
- they / ae; 25
- FRT +10

• Do your dragons have any unique festivals, holidays, or similar traditions? How did they come about?

Not at the moment, but I might add some later! Currently don’t have much of a developed culture in terms of lore.
  • How are they celebrated? Are there special customs involved? What about food and/or clothes?

There would probably be gatherings, though it would probably be by choice - don’t go if you don’t want to for example.
  • Are there any taboos, insults, etc regarding these customs? Any specific ways to convey something negative?

Not that I can think of right now.
  • How often does the event take place?

I’m thinking possibly every autumn/winter, maybe?
  • Are there designated planners/etc? Is it volunteer-based, tradition-/lineage-based, lots drawn, etc?

Hummm…probably volunteer based.
  • Who are the ones usually celebrating? Who are the ones avoiding it?

Locke would most certainly be the main one to avoid any type of celebration. Or any type of celebration that involves lots of noise, anyway.

As to who’d enjoy it…probably Fane or any of the other pirates (if they’re around at the time). Avalon most likely would as well.
  • Can anyone join in, or is participation limited to a specific group?

Anyone would be able to join in.
  • Who blasts fireworks when everyone else is trying to sleep?

Chai

Really not sure who I’ll work on this afternoon! Might just pick any random dragon and see if they inspire me.

• Do your dragons have any unique festivals, holidays, or similar traditions? How did they come about?

Not at the moment, but I might add some later! Currently don’t have much of a developed culture in terms of lore.
  • How are they celebrated? Are there special customs involved? What about food and/or clothes?

There would probably be gatherings, though it would probably be by choice - don’t go if you don’t want to for example.
  • Are there any taboos, insults, etc regarding these customs? Any specific ways to convey something negative?

Not that I can think of right now.

I’m thinking possibly every autumn/winter, maybe?
  • Are there designated planners/etc? Is it volunteer-based, tradition-/lineage-based, lots drawn, etc?

Hummm…probably volunteer based.

Locke would most certainly be the main one to avoid any type of celebration. Or any type of celebration that involves lots of noise, anyway.

As to who’d enjoy it…probably Fane or any of the other pirates (if they’re around at the time). Avalon most likely would as well.

Anyone would be able to join in.
  • Who blasts fireworks when everyone else is trying to sleep?

Chai

Really not sure who I’ll work on this afternoon! Might just pick any random dragon and see if they inspire me.
Do your dragons have any unique festivals, holidays, or similar traditions?
besides the elemental holidays, the only days really celebrated are the peaks of each season. certain magics are strongest at those times, and while it's usually hard to tell when the peak will be several dragons in the clan are uncannily good at sensing it ^.^

depending on the season, there's certain foods/clothing/offerings. these can vary from clan-wide banquets (pretty rare, considering how big the clan is) and smaller meals that several dragons make to share with the whole clan.

not entirely sure! probably specific foods/offerings, i might fill this in a little more if i remember to

each different one takes place once a year, and they're all generally 4 months apart.

the dragons who can tell exactly when the peak will be are obviously key parts of the whole thing, bit other than that it's volunteer-based!

almost everyone celebrates it, except xelqua, angel, and all of the babies (that isn't what they're called but i can't think of a good way to refer to them all)

anyone except outsiders who have been in the clan for less than two months.

definitely lucius, that *****
Do your dragons have any unique festivals, holidays, or similar traditions?
besides the elemental holidays, the only days really celebrated are the peaks of each season. certain magics are strongest at those times, and while it's usually hard to tell when the peak will be several dragons in the clan are uncannily good at sensing it ^.^

depending on the season, there's certain foods/clothing/offerings. these can vary from clan-wide banquets (pretty rare, considering how big the clan is) and smaller meals that several dragons make to share with the whole clan.

not entirely sure! probably specific foods/offerings, i might fill this in a little more if i remember to

each different one takes place once a year, and they're all generally 4 months apart.

the dragons who can tell exactly when the peak will be are obviously key parts of the whole thing, bit other than that it's volunteer-based!

almost everyone celebrates it, except xelqua, angel, and all of the babies (that isn't what they're called but i can't think of a good way to refer to them all)

anyone except outsiders who have been in the clan for less than two months.

definitely lucius, that *****
Celebration is a fitting topic for today, but I’ve had my idea for today planned ahead of time (plus I have no clue on the celebration thing yet), so I won’t be doing the prompts, sorry!

Today I’ll probably make my first “lore chapter”, and maybe add some nice stuff to the main character’s bios.
also potentially make a lore thread, but that’s unlikely today
Celebration is a fitting topic for today, but I’ve had my idea for today planned ahead of time (plus I have no clue on the celebration thing yet), so I won’t be doing the prompts, sorry!

Today I’ll probably make my first “lore chapter”, and maybe add some nice stuff to the main character’s bios.
also potentially make a lore thread, but that’s unlikely today
Await
they/them

Hello! You can call me Await, Rayne, or Mysty, whichever you prefer.
FR +3
woohoo, writing time again! last time i didn't really get much done besides conceptualizing things in my head a bit clearer, so i'll do my best to flesh out things a bit more here.
    they do! since my lore consists of many conjoined groups of dragons (~9 i believe) there's multiple festivals/holidays celebrated. they each came about in different ways, although they mostly originate from ancient and outdated worship traditions used to appease different gods.
    they're celebrated in lots of ways! there's a wide variety of holidays that vastly differ from one another, but for the most part there's a continuity of bright lights, themed merchandise, dressing up in traditional clothing, and walking around decorated areas. in some cases, worship of gods is involved as well.
    there are! typically, wearing or showing off the inverted/opposite colors that match a festival are signs that you're against it, don't want people to interact with you during it, etc.
    i'd say events are fairly frequent! there's probably about two or three per month for each nation. one day i'll actually get a table together that has all fest dates, names, and what nations celebrate them :pensive:
    there is a board of festivity management in most nations, and the members of those boards are typically the ones responsible for organizing the larger and more important individual events. other than that, commonfolk are the ones who make decor, clothing, food, games, and anything else.
    pretty much everyone celebrates their own holidays, but it's not normally required. most nations, however, choose to ignore regular flight fests because they find celebrating them to be disrespectful to their own gods.
    anyone who wants to join in can!
  • Who blasts fireworks while everyone else is trying to sleep?
    femur. even better, he would do it after the designated firework shows and times where others shoot off their own fireworks. :)
woohoo, writing time again! last time i didn't really get much done besides conceptualizing things in my head a bit clearer, so i'll do my best to flesh out things a bit more here.
    they do! since my lore consists of many conjoined groups of dragons (~9 i believe) there's multiple festivals/holidays celebrated. they each came about in different ways, although they mostly originate from ancient and outdated worship traditions used to appease different gods.
    they're celebrated in lots of ways! there's a wide variety of holidays that vastly differ from one another, but for the most part there's a continuity of bright lights, themed merchandise, dressing up in traditional clothing, and walking around decorated areas. in some cases, worship of gods is involved as well.
    there are! typically, wearing or showing off the inverted/opposite colors that match a festival are signs that you're against it, don't want people to interact with you during it, etc.
    i'd say events are fairly frequent! there's probably about two or three per month for each nation. one day i'll actually get a table together that has all fest dates, names, and what nations celebrate them :pensive:
    there is a board of festivity management in most nations, and the members of those boards are typically the ones responsible for organizing the larger and more important individual events. other than that, commonfolk are the ones who make decor, clothing, food, games, and anything else.
    pretty much everyone celebrates their own holidays, but it's not normally required. most nations, however, choose to ignore regular flight fests because they find celebrating them to be disrespectful to their own gods.
    anyone who wants to join in can!
  • Who blasts fireworks while everyone else is trying to sleep?
    femur. even better, he would do it after the designated firework shows and times where others shoot off their own fireworks. :)
CStGtqv.png
chaos makes the muse.
› zae(yrn) | any prns
about me
icon dragon
Yesssss, yesssssssss! I was real busy the last few lore days, but today i have some free time!

I'm hoping to format Pagan's profile and finish 2 WIP profiles that are over halfway done today. Let's see how far along I get today!
Yesssss, yesssssssss! I was real busy the last few lore days, but today i have some free time!

I'm hoping to format Pagan's profile and finish 2 WIP profiles that are over halfway done today. Let's see how far along I get today!
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
I might work on my fandragons, or some of my ocs. They've all got lore because I said so.

...Or maybe I won't write at all, Plaguemother's sickness has gotten to me irl and as much as i am surviving it is tiring lmao.
I might work on my fandragons, or some of my ocs. They've all got lore because I said so.

...Or maybe I won't write at all, Plaguemother's sickness has gotten to me irl and as much as i am surviving it is tiring lmao.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
Today, I'd like to try to write in someone's bio I've already formatted. Failing that, I'd like to just format some more bios.
Today, I'd like to try to write in someone's bio I've already formatted. Failing that, I'd like to just format some more bios.
fMy4Ig7.png
Excellent questions! For now, the answer is... no. I have two lore clans (the Clan of the Songs and my HIVE) and the Clan are currently on the run from the HIVE, so big attention-grabbing celebrations are out. It's something to remember though: one day, if/when they settle down, a clan foundation celebration (The Day of the Songs?) is totally something they'd do.

That said:

Who blasts fireworks while everyone else is trying to sleep? That would be WithoutASpark, by accident, the day before the celebrations are due to begin.

I've just moved flights (today!) and there's... quite a lot to do. I have not even introduced myself on the Shadow forums yet. Luckily, today is a good day to write: I'm home recovering from a sinus infection, husband is out with his parents, so I have the place to myself, and we did the chores yesterday so no adulting necessary. I have time, no distractions, and just enough concentration. Wooohoo!

My general clan lore is updated. I have three Clan dragons (so far) and one HIVE dragon with "updating" lore that changes as the clan's story moves on: I have updated the first Clan dragon already today. Quite proud of that as I'm starting to fill the empty posts on my lore thread!

I would really like to get started on the next phase of my clan lore: I need to move my HIVE INFILTRATOR over to the Clan of the Songs. She's one of those with "updating" lore and her lore will tie in to at least one other dragon's lore, so that is kind of two lore projects in one!

I also have a bunch of near-complete project dragons to introduce to the Clan, but that should be easier as I can do "one-liner" bios for them to start with.

I think probably getting my existing lore updated will be enough for today, but I'll see what happens - I may at least be able to introduce a couple of the "project" dragons.

Phew! Hope everyone has an equally good day, lore-wise or otherwise!
Excellent questions! For now, the answer is... no. I have two lore clans (the Clan of the Songs and my HIVE) and the Clan are currently on the run from the HIVE, so big attention-grabbing celebrations are out. It's something to remember though: one day, if/when they settle down, a clan foundation celebration (The Day of the Songs?) is totally something they'd do.

That said:

Who blasts fireworks while everyone else is trying to sleep? That would be WithoutASpark, by accident, the day before the celebrations are due to begin.

I've just moved flights (today!) and there's... quite a lot to do. I have not even introduced myself on the Shadow forums yet. Luckily, today is a good day to write: I'm home recovering from a sinus infection, husband is out with his parents, so I have the place to myself, and we did the chores yesterday so no adulting necessary. I have time, no distractions, and just enough concentration. Wooohoo!

My general clan lore is updated. I have three Clan dragons (so far) and one HIVE dragon with "updating" lore that changes as the clan's story moves on: I have updated the first Clan dragon already today. Quite proud of that as I'm starting to fill the empty posts on my lore thread!

I would really like to get started on the next phase of my clan lore: I need to move my HIVE INFILTRATOR over to the Clan of the Songs. She's one of those with "updating" lore and her lore will tie in to at least one other dragon's lore, so that is kind of two lore projects in one!

I also have a bunch of near-complete project dragons to introduce to the Clan, but that should be easier as I can do "one-liner" bios for them to start with.

I think probably getting my existing lore updated will be enough for today, but I'll see what happens - I may at least be able to introduce a couple of the "project" dragons.

Phew! Hope everyone has an equally good day, lore-wise or otherwise!
FR time +8 hours Lore Thread
just outlined a short story for my lore, now its time to rework everything so that it fits with my new canon orz edit: i wanna set a more specific goal, so for today i'm working on [b]P.D. R&D[/b] today [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8671295][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/86713/8671295.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8671296][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/86713/8671296.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62712417][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/627125/62712417.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39782715][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/397828/39782715.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44881776][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/448818/44881776.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47224069][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/472241/47224069.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48254314][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/482544/48254314.png[/img][/url][/center] [LIST] [*][s]rework diode through beta_v.2's lore to fit with the new canon[/s] done! [*][s]check if atesh's lore still works + rework if necessary[/s] done! [*][s]check if thicket's lore still works + rework if necessary[/s] done! [*][s]write down rough outlines for everyone else's lore[/s] done, and boy is it rough! [*][s]begin everyone else's lore, if able[/s] cancelled! not enough spoons ¯\_([emoji=coatl tongue size=1])_/¯ [/LIST]
just outlined a short story for my lore, now its time to rework everything so that it fits with my new canon orz

edit: i wanna set a more specific goal, so for today i'm working on P.D. R&D today
8671295.png8671296.png62712417.png39782715.png44881776.png47224069.png48254314.png
  • rework diode through beta_v.2's lore to fit with the new canon done!
  • check if atesh's lore still works + rework if necessary done!
  • check if thicket's lore still works + rework if necessary done!
  • write down rough outlines for everyone else's lore done, and boy is it rough!
  • begin everyone else's lore, if able cancelled! not enough spoons ¯\_()_/¯
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 280 281