Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN]What On Earth Is Going On Discussio
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 43 44
[quote name="@MagykalWagykal" date="2019-04-07 12:03:58" ] Skydancer10: I... hmm. Slight scumlean, but not... really. It's super close to neutral, because I appreciate her willingness to help, put in the time, and recognize good ideas, although I do find her playstyle a little weird. -snip-[/quote] I believe someone else has said this as well, and I'll concede that I do have a weird playstyle. Namely because this is my first time so I'm kind of inconsistent, sorry about that. ^
@MagykalWagykal wrote on 2019-04-07 12:03:58:
Skydancer10: I... hmm. Slight scumlean, but not... really. It's super close to neutral, because I appreciate her willingness to help, put in the time, and recognize good ideas, although I do find her playstyle a little weird.
-snip-

I believe someone else has said this as well, and I'll concede that I do have a weird playstyle. Namely because this is my first time so I'm kind of inconsistent, sorry about that. ^
P3QILmB.gif ___

she/her - writer - FR+0
but who prays for lucifer?
who in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?

-- Mark Twain
____ P3kLLBM.png ___
I thought of this at around 2:30am and thought it would be a good idea to type this out. Okay so our more talkative players Morri, Comba, Nerasis, and Cognitive while I’m still wary of, have pretty much put into the all clear. However, I’m more suspicious of our more quiet players, myself included. By talking less the person is less likely to be listed as suspicious due to the fact they can keep themselves from saying something that will definitely list you as mafia. It’s just quietly flying under the radar, however this will bring more suspicion to the person late game.

Say what you will, and lynch me if you must. I trust your decisions.
I thought of this at around 2:30am and thought it would be a good idea to type this out. Okay so our more talkative players Morri, Comba, Nerasis, and Cognitive while I’m still wary of, have pretty much put into the all clear. However, I’m more suspicious of our more quiet players, myself included. By talking less the person is less likely to be listed as suspicious due to the fact they can keep themselves from saying something that will definitely list you as mafia. It’s just quietly flying under the radar, however this will bring more suspicion to the person late game.

AwS14z9.png
"The enormity of the universe filled him with a strange sweet woe."
—Cormac McCarthy, Suttree
@MagykalWagykal what do you mean take credit for something? Please, give me an example of me taking credit for some action or something, and then how this makes me suspicious.
@MagykalWagykal what do you mean take credit for something? Please, give me an example of me taking credit for some action or something, and then how this makes me suspicious.
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
[quote name="Solcie" date="2019-04-07 12:26:02" ] I thought of this at around 2:30am and thought it would be a good idea to type this out. [B]Okay so our more talkative players Morri, Comba, Nerasis, and Cognitive while I’m still wary of, have pretty much put into the all clear.[/b] However, I’m more suspicious of our more quiet players, myself included. By talking less the person is less likely to be listed as suspicious due to the fact they can keep themselves from saying something that will definitely list you as mafia. It’s just quietly flying under the radar, however this will bring more suspicion to the person late game. Say what you will, and lynch me if you must. I trust your decisions. [/quote] What do you mean by put into the all clear? Are you saying they're not at risk of lynching? Because all of these players are sussed by at least one or two people, as far as I can tell. Am I misinterpreting this?
Solcie wrote on 2019-04-07 12:26:02:

What do you mean by put into the all clear? Are you saying they're not at risk of lynching? Because all of these players are sussed by at least one or two people, as far as I can tell. Am I misinterpreting this?
P3QILmB.gif ___

she/her - writer - FR+0
that needed it most?

-- Mark Twain
____ P3kLLBM.png ___
@SkyDancer
I apologize, I tend to be a bit vague without meaning to. What I meant is that I personally think they aren't mafia but I'm still a little suspicious of them.
@SkyDancer
I apologize, I tend to be a bit vague without meaning to. What I meant is that I personally think they aren't mafia but I'm still a little suspicious of them.
AwS14z9.png
[quote name="@Solcie" date="2019-04-07 12:26:02" ] I thought of this at around 2:30am and thought it would be a good idea to type this out. Okay so our more talkative players Morri, Comba, Nerasis, and Cognitive while I’m still wary of, have pretty much put into the all clear. [B]However, I’m more suspicious of our more quiet players, myself included.[/b] By talking less the person is less likely to be listed as suspicious due to the fact they can keep themselves from saying something that will definitely list you as mafia. It’s just quietly flying under the radar, however this will bring more suspicion to the person late game. [B]Say what you will, and lynch me if you must. I trust your decisions.[/b] [/quote] Also, I'm sorry, but what??? Are you asking to be lynched? No one has even voted for you, you're a bit sussed, but for the most part that seems to be based in the fact that you haven't posted much. This just seems like really strange timing.
@Solcie wrote on 2019-04-07 12:26:02:

Also, I'm sorry, but what??? Are you asking to be lynched? No one has even voted for you, you're a bit sussed, but for the most part that seems to be based in the fact that you haven't posted much. This just seems like really strange timing.
P3QILmB.gif ___

she/her - writer - FR+0
that needed it most?

-- Mark Twain
____ P3kLLBM.png ___
@Solcie
(Sorry for the double ping ><)
Okay thank you for clearing that up.
@Solcie
(Sorry for the double ping ><)
Okay thank you for clearing that up.
P3QILmB.gif ___

she/her - writer - FR+0
that needed it most?

-- Mark Twain
____ P3kLLBM.png ___
@SkyDancer10
Don't worry about the double ping.
I'm just saying that if it comes down to the wire, and I'm put into the hot seat I would accept my fate without any complaint.
@SkyDancer10
Don't worry about the double ping.
I'm just saying that if it comes down to the wire, and I'm put into the hot seat I would accept my fate without any complaint.
AwS14z9.png
[quote name="@SkyDancer10" date="2019-04-07 12:08:44" ] [quote name="MagykalWagykal" date="2019-04-07 11:51:11" ] -snip- [quote name="@/Comba" date="2019-04-06 14:56:05" ] [quote name="MagykalWagykal" date="2019-04-05 06:19:48" ] [quote name="Comba" date="2019-04-05 05:08:04" ] So here's my way: Sorry @/MagykalWagykal , but it does require a claim I RB'd you. Do you accept or deny this? [/quote] I accept it. :) Storm simply said, 'Your action has been noted', and [b]I didn't get to see the results.[/b] So I guess you're conftown now, unless the Mafia has a roleblocker, which, ehhh. I'm pretty sure you're town now, especially with Shimmerwing's death. [/quote] [b]OwO what's this? your action gives results? some type of investigator mayhaps? New question : Do you accept or deny the above observation? :p[/b] - Final snippers- [/quote] -snip- [B]Why don't you say that a little[i] louder[/i] so all the Mafia players can hear I'm the investigator conventiently in time to kill me?[/b] Honestly, I'm a little annoyed with this, Comba. The rest is kind of meh, [b]but you're just going to go revealing my role all over the place without my permission or anything?[/b] 'HEY, MAFIA, WE'VE GOT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE GAME RIGHT OVER HERE, COME AND GET IT!' There's a reason why roleclaiming is bad, and that's because the Mafia knows the most important people to target. Protectors can't protect everyone at once. I guess I'd better do all my scumhunting now, because I'll be dead tomorrow. Splendid. [/quote] Um?? Comba didn't reveal your role, you just did. There is more than one possible role that receives results. Comba questioned whether or not you were the investigator (not that that was a good decision, I won't get into that) but you're the one who outed yourself. And very dramatically, I might add. You could have just as easily ignored or denied the claim (not that that would make it go away, but if the mafia are newer players or weren't paying attention, it could have slipped under the radar) but you made it very obvious that you're (supposedly) the investigator. I don't like that at all. [/quote] She asked me to accept or deny the claim. I don't lie directly in Mafia games- it's a moral handicap I put on myself since Pencil Shavings, to never directly lie, even if that truth is just a half-truth. Because of this, I could not deny the claim. To avoid more 'she dodged the question'-ing and save myself pain later, there was only one thing to do and that thing was to accept the claim. For the record, I agree. I don't like having my role out in the open so early, either.
@SkyDancer10 wrote on 2019-04-07 12:08:44:
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2019-04-07 11:51:11:
-snip-
@/Comba wrote on 2019-04-06 14:56:05:
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2019-04-05 06:19:48:
Comba wrote on 2019-04-05 05:08:04:
So here's my way:
Sorry @/MagykalWagykal , but it does require a claim

I RB'd you.

Do you accept or deny this?

I accept it. :) Storm simply said, 'Your action has been noted', and I didn't get to see the results. So I guess you're conftown now, unless the Mafia has a roleblocker, which, ehhh. I'm pretty sure you're town now, especially with Shimmerwing's death.
OwO what's this? your action gives results? some type of investigator mayhaps?
New question : Do you accept or deny the above observation? :p

- Final snippers-

-snip-

Why don't you say that a little louder so all the Mafia players can hear I'm the investigator conventiently in time to kill me?

Honestly, I'm a little annoyed with this, Comba. The rest is kind of meh, but you're just going to go revealing my role all over the place without my permission or anything?

'HEY, MAFIA, WE'VE GOT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE GAME RIGHT OVER HERE, COME AND GET IT!'

There's a reason why roleclaiming is bad, and that's because the Mafia knows the most important people to target. Protectors can't protect everyone at once.

I guess I'd better do all my scumhunting now, because I'll be dead tomorrow. Splendid.

Um?? Comba didn't reveal your role, you just did. There is more than one possible role that receives results. Comba questioned whether or not you were the investigator (not that that was a good decision, I won't get into that) but you're the one who outed yourself. And very dramatically, I might add.

You could have just as easily ignored or denied the claim (not that that would make it go away, but if the mafia are newer players or weren't paying attention, it could have slipped under the radar) but you made it very obvious that you're (supposedly) the investigator. I don't like that at all.

She asked me to accept or deny the claim. I don't lie directly in Mafia games- it's a moral handicap I put on myself since Pencil Shavings, to never directly lie, even if that truth is just a half-truth.

Because of this, I could not deny the claim. To avoid more 'she dodged the question'-ing and save myself pain later, there was only one thing to do and that thing was to accept the claim.

For the record, I agree. I don't like having my role out in the open so early, either.
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="@MorRioghan" date="2019-04-07 09:08:23" ] [quote name="Comba" date="2019-04-07 08:55:56" ] [b]god if i had been up still we could have maybe avoided this[/b] gotten v88 to vote for nera instead of shadow and switched my vote though, to be fair, hindsight is 20/20 and nera could easily be town too on another note, I'm going on an 8 hour road trip today so i'll only have maybe one post other than this [/quote] @/comba [b]I feel the same. I wish I would've been up so that we could have avoided this altogether.[/b] Alas, I had already been up past midnight EST and really needed to get some sleep. I waited until the last possible moment (for me) before casting my vote... Also, have fun on your road trip! [/quote] It's not really 'taking credit for' (bad wording on my part) but this was the thing I was squinting at. 'If I had been here to tell everyone what to do...' I don't know. It just felt a little... off, is all.
@MorRioghan wrote on 2019-04-07 09:08:23:
Comba wrote on 2019-04-07 08:55:56:
god if i had been up still we could have maybe avoided this
gotten v88 to vote for nera instead of shadow and switched my vote
though, to be fair, hindsight is 20/20 and nera could easily be town too

on another note, I'm going on an 8 hour road trip today so i'll only have maybe one post other than this
@/comba
I feel the same. I wish I would've been up so that we could have avoided this altogether. Alas, I had already been up past midnight EST and really needed to get some sleep. I waited until the last possible moment (for me) before casting my vote...

Also, have fun on your road trip!

It's not really 'taking credit for' (bad wording on my part) but this was the thing I was squinting at. 'If I had been here to tell everyone what to do...'

I don't know. It just felt a little... off, is all.
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 43 44