Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Nyktos Lore Workshop [OPEN]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][br][indent][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49208221][img]https://i.ibb.co/QkxFTZ6/dragon-age-1-body-31-bodygene-7-breed-7-element-1-eyetype-2-gender-0-tert-134-tertgene-11-winggene-14-wings-152-auth-daf104a091e7aed47e19e1e896a2f7d3698ff1fe-dummyext-prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=5][font=consolas][color=#46483A][b]NYKTOS[/b] [size=3] lore writing workshop[/size][/color][/font][/size][/columns] [/center] [indent][size=4][font=calibri][color=#60634c] [i]The building is rustic. Set back from the dusty road and on the edge of a large field, one might mistake it for a farm. Its white paint is peeling in places to reveal oak wood darkened by the cycle of rain and sun. It is with some disappointment that you look upon it. You don't know why, but you had been expecting something a little more magical. You take a look back at the address, and then the rusted steel letters of the house number. This was it. Nervously, you step towards the door, about to knock when you see a set of blue letters appear on the old wood surface. [b]DO COME IN.[/b] You take a moment, before turning the brass knob and opening a portal. You aren't sure it actually is a portal, considering you're not sure if those truly exist. However, the chaos of the inside provides such a stark contrast to the peaceful field and quaint old appearance of the house you think it must be. Pages seem perpetually suspended in the air. You can taste ink. Flashes of various colors flash from room to room. Curious, you take a step inward. The floor beneath you creaks, but you hardly notice. There is simply too much going on around you. Finally, a green spiral dragon approaches you, though it appears more interested in the manuscript in its hands than in you. [b]"Right, so, what are you looking for? Someone to write your story? A poem to woo a lover? A resume?"[/b] Before you can respond, the dragon flicks its tail and turns around, walking deeper into the workshop, [b]"Doesn't matter, you want something or you wouldn't be here. Follow me."[/b][/i]

dragon-age-1-body-31-bodygene-7-breed-7-element-1-eyetype-2-gender-0-tert-134-tertgene-11-winggene-14-wings-152-auth-daf104a091e7aed47e19e1e896a2f7d3698ff1fe-dummyext-prev.png NYKTOS
lore writing workshop
The building is rustic. Set back from the dusty road and on the edge of a large field, one might mistake it for a farm. Its white paint is peeling in places to reveal oak wood darkened by the cycle of rain and sun. It is with some disappointment that you look upon it. You don't know why, but you had been expecting something a little more magical. You take a look back at the address, and then the rusted steel letters of the house number. This was it.

Nervously, you step towards the door, about to knock when you see a set of blue letters appear on the old wood surface. DO COME IN. You take a moment, before turning the brass knob and opening a portal.

You aren't sure it actually is a portal, considering you're not sure if those truly exist. However, the chaos of the inside provides such a stark contrast to the peaceful field and quaint old appearance of the house you think it must be. Pages seem perpetually suspended in the air. You can taste ink. Flashes of various colors flash from room to room. Curious, you take a step inward. The floor beneath you creaks, but you hardly notice. There is simply too much going on around you.

Finally, a green spiral dragon approaches you, though it appears more interested in the manuscript in its hands than in you. "Right, so, what are you looking for? Someone to write your story? A poem to woo a lover? A resume?" Before you can respond, the dragon flicks its tail and turns around, walking deeper into the workshop, "Doesn't matter, you want something or you wouldn't be here. Follow me."
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
[center][br][indent][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49208221][img]https://i.ibb.co/QkxFTZ6/dragon-age-1-body-31-bodygene-7-breed-7-element-1-eyetype-2-gender-0-tert-134-tertgene-11-winggene-14-wings-152-auth-daf104a091e7aed47e19e1e896a2f7d3698ff1fe-dummyext-prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=5][font=consolas][color=#46483A][b]NYKTOS[/b] [size=3] rules of the shop[/size][/color][/font][/size][/columns] [/center] [indent][size=4][font=calibri][color=#60634c] [LIST] [*] [b]All Flight Rising Rules Apply[/b] [i]I don't think I should have to say this one, but here I am saying it anyway.[/i] [*] [b]You May Commission Two Pieces of Work at Once[/b] [i]If you are commissioning a piece larger than 1000 words, please only commission one.[/i] [*] [b]I Will Write OCs and Clan Lore[/b] [i]I am not limited to writing about dragons, and will gladly accept OC commissions as well. Actually, I'll write just about anything.[/i] [*] [b]Specify Length Initially[/b] [i]I will write to your specified length, and if I happen to go over because I get really into it, I'll give you the extra words for free.[/i] [*] [b]Save Your Writing[/b] [i]I will be creating a google doc folder for these commissions, but there's always a chance the writing will get deleted. Once the work is completed, it is up to you to save it.[/i] [*] [b]Half Payment in Advance[/b] [i]I will take a half payment deposit for my writing in advance. This will be non-refundable unless something comes up where I can no longer complete the work. [b]I charge a 1/2 MINIMUM deposit on stories, but will charge up to the maximum word count on your order. [/b]This means for a short story, your deposit may be 15kt/g, but you may pay up to 50kt/g.[/i] [*] [b]Mixed Payments are Allowed[/b] [i]Allowed, but not preferred. I use 1kt/g ratio. In addition, if you do not have the treasure or gems to pay me, I will discuss payment through other means (dragons, apparel, specialty items).[/i] [*] [b]I Will Revise[/b] [i]I will do revisions on any of my work. This is your product, be vocal about what you want changed and I will change it. I will revise up to three times for free.[/i] [/LIST]

dragon-age-1-body-31-bodygene-7-breed-7-element-1-eyetype-2-gender-0-tert-134-tertgene-11-winggene-14-wings-152-auth-daf104a091e7aed47e19e1e896a2f7d3698ff1fe-dummyext-prev.png NYKTOS
rules of the shop
  • All Flight Rising Rules Apply I don't think I should have to say this one, but here I am saying it anyway.
  • You May Commission Two Pieces of Work at Once If you are commissioning a piece larger than 1000 words, please only commission one.
  • I Will Write OCs and Clan Lore I am not limited to writing about dragons, and will gladly accept OC commissions as well. Actually, I'll write just about anything.
  • Specify Length Initially I will write to your specified length, and if I happen to go over because I get really into it, I'll give you the extra words for free.
  • Save Your Writing I will be creating a google doc folder for these commissions, but there's always a chance the writing will get deleted. Once the work is completed, it is up to you to save it.
  • Half Payment in Advance I will take a half payment deposit for my writing in advance. This will be non-refundable unless something comes up where I can no longer complete the work. I charge a 1/2 MINIMUM deposit on stories, but will charge up to the maximum word count on your order. This means for a short story, your deposit may be 15kt/g, but you may pay up to 50kt/g.
  • Mixed Payments are Allowed Allowed, but not preferred. I use 1kt/g ratio. In addition, if you do not have the treasure or gems to pay me, I will discuss payment through other means (dragons, apparel, specialty items).
  • I Will Revise I will do revisions on any of my work. This is your product, be vocal about what you want changed and I will change it. I will revise up to three times for free.
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- intp capricorn
[center][br][indent][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49208221][img]https://i.ibb.co/QkxFTZ6/dragon-age-1-body-31-bodygene-7-breed-7-element-1-eyetype-2-gender-0-tert-134-tertgene-11-winggene-14-wings-152-auth-daf104a091e7aed47e19e1e896a2f7d3698ff1fe-dummyext-prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=5][font=consolas][color=#46483A][b]NYKTOS[/b] [size=3] commissions currently open[/size][/color][/font][/size][/columns] [/center] [indent][size=4][font=calibri][color=#60634c] [i]If you have decided you are interested in my work, I should think to let you know that most of my prices are [b]negotiable.[/b] As I stated above in the rules, if you're running low on treasure and gems, I am open to accepting other forms of payment that I [b]pre-approve.[/b] That being said, here are my standard prices: [LIST] [*] [b]One Small Bio (100-200 words)[/b] [i]10kt/g[/i] [*] [b]One Medium Bio (200-300 words)[/b] [i]20kt/g[/i] [*] [b]One Long Bio (300-500 words)[/b] [i]30kt/g[/i] [*] [b]One Small Story (<500 words)[/b] [i]30-50kt/g (10kt/g per 100 words)[/i] [*] [b]One Medium Story (500-1000 words)[/b] [i]50-100kt/g (10kt/g per 100 words)[/i] [*] [b]One Long Story (1000+ words)[/b] [i]100kt/g + 7kt/g per additional 100 words after 1000[/i] [*] [b]One Poem [/b] [i]10kt/g[/i] [*] [b]Additional Revisions (after three free)[/b] [i]3kt/g per 100 words[/i][/i] [/LIST] [size=4][font=calibri][color=#60634c][i]I cap my commission slots at five (5) because I do not wish to get overwhelmed. I will provide a [b]full refund[/b] if your commission is not completed within a [b]week[/b] (or two for stories over 1000 words) of your order date (not including any requested revisions). [/i] Commission Slots: [indent][size=4][font=calibri][color=#60634c]1. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2631580/6#post_37827531]Girahi[/url] 2. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2631580/8#post_37941822]Wolfkai[/url] 3. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2631580/8#post_37942338]MahuruRaji[/url] 4. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2631580/8#post_37947315]Mizs101[/url] 5. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2631580/9#post_37970213]SharpClawz[/url][/indent] [size=4][font=calibri][color=#60634c]Completed Works: [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qifePUpKDTcBXHhGVL9-YjVSn9jMkq3kc_IFIY0q4so/edit?usp=sharing]ToonTown x2[/url] || [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QTrK7wKgFDKQ3SOsjxYTL1xf8hKAlJPNqUT0cKsUjr8/edit?usp=sharing]Happyasaclam[/url] || [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mrBmkHIWtvFGxVPO_zdOYNU35rkV23aZMwbpTOqnLD0/edit?usp=sharing]JazzyLeia[/url] || [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CSdqyi_zh2a0uGtsKxTNNEYhG4J2ruljmuGht4n3HTU/edit]AquariusStudios[/url] || [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lGEN3zvFFg5EbglM98YJPAfRpEZKSZ0MhLUdcbsEo1Y/edit]remnio[/url] [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qkWoSIayximlSGpETahySprhcgKp93PiGfFIfXKqNY4/edit]xSourGrapesx[/url] [i]Please fill out the following form if you are interested in obtaining lore: [/indent][b]For a Character:[/b] [code=]Dragon/OC Name: Image of Character: Character Traits: (Defining personality traits, interests, things they might like) Short Synopsis of Story: (I need to know events you'd like included in the story. This doesn't need to be long, a sentence or list will do.) Length/Style of Writing: (ex: 300 word bio) [/code] [b]For Clan Lore:[/b] [code=]Clan Name: Description of the Area: Defining Traits: (Is it mythology based? Powers? General alignment? Does the Clan have a higher purpose?) Short Synopsis of Story: (I need to know events you'd like included in the story. This doesn't need to be long, a sentence or list will do.) Length/Style of Writing: (ex: 300 word bio) [/code] [indent][size=4][font=calibri][color=#60634c][i]Once you have completed this, I will let you know if I need any more information and if I accepted your order. After I accept your order, please send [b]half payment[/b] and then I will begin.[/i]

commissions currently open
If you have decided you are interested in my work, I should think to let you know that most of my prices are negotiable. As I stated above in the rules, if you're running low on treasure and gems, I am open to accepting other forms of payment that I pre-approve. That being said, here are my standard prices:
  • One Small Bio (100-200 words) 10kt/g
  • One Medium Bio (200-300 words) 20kt/g
  • One Long Bio (300-500 words) 30kt/g
  • One Small Story (<500 words) 30-50kt/g (10kt/g per 100 words)
  • One Medium Story (500-1000 words) 50-100kt/g (10kt/g per 100 words)
  • One Long Story (1000+ words) 100kt/g + 7kt/g per additional 100 words after 1000
  • One Poem 10kt/g
  • Additional Revisions (after three free) 3kt/g per 100 words
I cap my commission slots at five (5) because I do not wish to get overwhelmed. I will provide a full refund if your commission is not completed within a week (or two for stories over 1000 words) of your order date (not including any requested revisions).

Commission Slots:

Completed Works:
ToonTown x2 || Happyasaclam || JazzyLeia || AquariusStudios || remnio xSourGrapesx

Please fill out the following form if you are interested in obtaining lore:
For a Character:
Code:
Dragon/OC Name: Image of Character: Character Traits: (Defining personality traits, interests, things they might like) Short Synopsis of Story: (I need to know events you'd like included in the story. This doesn't need to be long, a sentence or list will do.) Length/Style of Writing: (ex: 300 word bio)

For Clan Lore:
Code:
Clan Name: Description of the Area: Defining Traits: (Is it mythology based? Powers? General alignment? Does the Clan have a higher purpose?) Short Synopsis of Story: (I need to know events you'd like included in the story. This doesn't need to be long, a sentence or list will do.) Length/Style of Writing: (ex: 300 word bio)

Once you have completed this, I will let you know if I need any more information and if I accepted your order. After I accept your order, please send half payment and then I will begin.
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- intp capricorn
[center][br][indent][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49208221][img]https://i.ibb.co/QkxFTZ6/dragon-age-1-body-31-bodygene-7-breed-7-element-1-eyetype-2-gender-0-tert-134-tertgene-11-winggene-14-wings-152-auth-daf104a091e7aed47e19e1e896a2f7d3698ff1fe-dummyext-prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=5][font=consolas][color=#46483A][b]NYKTOS[/b] [size=3] examples of my work[/size][/color][/font][/size][/columns] [/center] [indent][quote name="Hati"][size=3][font=calibri][color=#60634c]Ever since he was young, Hati loved the night sky and the moon. He would spend hours trying to fly and "catch" it, so much so that he often got lost. Hati is often tired during the day, but if you dare him or challenge him to a competition, he'll always accept. [i]Daring, curious, night-owl, competitive, bold, arrogant.[/i][/quote] [br][br] [quote name="Winter"][size=3][font=calibri][color=#60634c]" There is something comforting about Winter, its crisp cold biting at your neck, sending shivers down your spine, forcing you into a delicate shudder. It is harsh and unrelenting, but its consistency provides a sense of tradition. And Snow? Why, what less could it be than a blessing, proof that when nights stretch longer than days, Beauty is still within reach. Come, watch the Stars with me ~ ” [/quote] [br][br] [quote name="Untitled"][size=3][font=calibri][color=#60634c]The golden rays of warmth arise, Twinkling amber, rose white, Upon a new lovely flower illuminates, Petals a pale and milky blue. A soft droplet of dew wanes from sinew, Slipping, drooping, tumbling, A single blessed tear for dawning life.?[/quote] [br][br] [quote name="Shattered"][size=3][font=calibri][color=#60634c]I put up my walls, My stones lay solid in their place. I built a fortress to keep away pain. And while I would watch from the height of the tower, You promised to guard, another pawn to my power. And as the days went by and colder I grew, You stayed by my side, warmth and smiles accrued. I did not, could not, see who you were, But I showed you my glass heart, unaware it was yours. You took it and for so long, held it delicately so, But one day it shattered while I sat on the throne. It began with a snap, it withered and crumbled, My heart so long yours, and you had been so humble. I could feel it within, the long jagged shards, Each cutting through my chest, the sword of my guard. And the walls did crumble, the world did shake, Every part of my body erupting with ache. While I quaked and soon collapsed down to my knees, My crown fell to the floor, no longer a queen. I was broken and battered, Suddenly alone, Not an outsider had killed me, but one of my own. [/quote] [br][br] [quote name="Morrigan"][size=3][font=calibri][color=#60634c]“My love,” Mother spoke in her soft, caring tone. It was not often that her voice rose. “I know you are sleepy, but let us take flight. I wish to show you something.” “Where will we fly?” The young dragon responded, her curiosity outweighing her fatigue. “Hush now, and follow me.” The pair flew together in the night, their bodies shimmering like shooting stars across the sky. A meadow was their destination, wide open and naked to the night sky. Long grasses waved their welcome in the gentle breeze. Mother landed in the center and welcomed her child to her side. “Mother–“ But the hatchling was cut off with a swoop of Mother’s wing. “Quiet a moment, my dear. Do not speak. Listen.” The hatchling tucked her head back down and leaned against Mother’s side, drawing in deep breaths of the cool night air. She could feel the breeze gently rippling off of her body and the grass tickling at her underbelly. The earth was soft beneath her. After a few moments of silence, the bugs of the night began their soft chirping once more. A few brave lightning bugs rose to the tops of the stalks of grass to take flight once more, their bodies becoming tiny lanterns in the night. Soon, the Earth became a symphony, the sky a light show. The hatchling felt a slight fear come over her. If she moved, would the lanterns’ fire dwindle? If she spoke, would the music go silent? Her whole body stiffened. Only her head would move from time to time, swiveling in an attempt to see the entire meadow at once. She did not know how much time had passed when she felt her mother stir at her side. “Look up to the sky, dear, beyond the flecks of golden light, to the moon and the stars. Do you see how they glow so proudly?” Mother’s voice was a soft whisper. It was the first time the hatchling had heard Mother sound so in awe, “You, my beautiful child, are a daughter of the night and of the sky. Your wings hold the night, your body the stars, and around you the lanterns dance. Your flight creates the gentle breeze. Your voice is the symphony. Your heart is the life you feel thrumming around you. The beauty that you see tonight is your beauty. It is gazing upon a looking glass.” Mother trailed off for a few moments, letting her silence be filled with the soft chirping of the insects that still sang merrily away. “One day I will be gone, but the stars I wear will twinkle in the night. The black of my wings will hold you tight in the dark. My light will join the lanterns, flickering softly in and out. I will be gone, but always with you.” The hatchling looked up towards Mother, her head tilting to one side. She did not understand the thin chord of pain in Mother’s voice, or the reason Mother suddenly held her so close. She did not question, only nuzzled closer. It was a beautiful night.             Many years later, when the hatchling had grown and Mother did pass away, the young dragon returned to the meadow to sit in silence: listening to the insects chirp around her, hearing Mother's voice– watching the lanterns light up the sky, seeing Mother's eyes– gazing upon the night sky, seeing the stars of Mother's body shining brightly above her. Gone, but always with her. [/quote] [br][br] [quote name="Loptr"][size=3][font=calibri][color=#60634c]The fall winds always blew cold. In the air, Loptr could taste the oncoming storm. The moisture was already beginning to freeze into delicate crystals. This winter, it seemed, would come early and hard. The dragon glanced around the desolate lands. The ground beneath him was hard, not with frost but with stone. Trees grew interspersedly, but landmarks were almost always jagged boulders ticking up from the mossy grounds like claws of a giant hatchling trying to break free of its egg. This land–the few lives it contained hardened like ice–was not always his home. He was a prince. As the youngest of his siblings, he lived a carefree life. If he died, it was no matter. He was not heir. He was not even next in line should his eldest brother die. No one paid him much mind as he roamed free into the beautiful lands of his childhood. Golden meadows stretched to the horizon, bordered only by ancient forests blossoming with life. Peace was so much a part of his life he did not know the word. In the royal family, all dragons were born neutral and only found their element upon eating a white flower that bloomed at night and glowed like the moon. It was tradition to eat one upon reaching adulthood. Loptr’s elder brothers had both been claimed by Light, his sisters Arcane and Nature. They were granted powers accordingly. His brothers became Paladins and guardians of the peace, his eldest sister a Sorceress with an affinity for giving life, his other sister a Druid and guardian of the wilds. When Loptr took that fateful flower and swallowed it, he was claimed by something far more wretched. Plague. Loptr’s father, the King, ceased speaking to him. His siblings became wary. His mother, the Queen, was the only one who remained by his side. Like any dragon with new powers, Loptr found himself struggling to control it. He spread disease, death, chaos. Most of his deeds were reversible. His brothers would cut down any summoned beasts, his sisters restore beings and nature alike. Loptr’s frustrations grew, and with it did his powers. He was fueled off of his anger, his pain, his confusion at his father’s sudden hatred for him. His only solace was in his mother’s presence when she calmed him and got him to focus. Plague, she said, was as important as light. It balanced the universe. There was no life without death, no light without shadow, no health without plague. The Queen aided Loptr in his training, but it seemed he was destined for Chaos. It was not until one fateful morning when his mother stepped into the room that he was not tolerated. The air had been brisk that morning, not unlike the late fall air. Light snow had begun to twinkle down, sparkling in the partial sunlight. It was beautiful. Loptr had lost himself in the sight, glancing out the window, thrumming with energy in his delight. His mother placed a paw upon his back to get his attention. He had no control of it, the energy that surged from his body into hers. He had no control of the plague he needed to survive but was poison to all others. He whipped around, called for his sisters, but it was already much too late. His energy had been too much. Loptr did not wait for the wrath of his father, but ran. Not for fear, but for the guilt that grasped his heart. He had killed the only one who cared for him.             The storm would arrive soon. It had been many years since he had left home and found himself in the desolate, frozen lands he claimed. He called himself King. King of the ice, the broken, and of the dead. God of Chaos. Was that not what he had become? He knew his power true. Oh, and it had always thrummed so much harder than his siblings. It fed off of his pain, off of his loneliness, anger, and self-loathing. It fed and it fed until Loptr felt them no longer. He was a frozen beast walking. King and God and numb and entirely alone. [/quote]

examples of my work
Hati wrote:
Ever since he was young, Hati loved the night sky and the moon. He would spend hours trying to fly and "catch" it, so much so that he often got lost. Hati is often tired during the day, but if you dare him or challenge him to a competition, he'll always accept.

Daring, curious, night-owl, competitive, bold, arrogant.

Winter wrote:
" There is something comforting about Winter,
its crisp cold biting at your neck,
sending shivers down your spine,
forcing you into a delicate shudder.
It is harsh and unrelenting,
but its consistency provides a sense of tradition.

And Snow?
Why, what less could it be than a blessing,
proof that when nights stretch longer than days,
Beauty is still within reach.

Come, watch the Stars with me ~ ”

Untitled wrote:
The golden rays of warmth arise,
Twinkling amber, rose white,
Upon a new lovely flower illuminates,
Petals a pale and milky blue.
A soft droplet of dew wanes from sinew,
Slipping, drooping, tumbling,
A single blessed tear for dawning life.?

Shattered wrote:
I put up my walls,
My stones lay solid in their place.
I built a fortress to keep away pain.

And while I would watch from the height of the tower,
You promised to guard, another pawn to my power.
And as the days went by and colder I grew,
You stayed by my side, warmth and smiles accrued.
I did not, could not, see who you were,
But I showed you my glass heart, unaware it was yours.
You took it and for so long, held it delicately so,
But one day it shattered while I sat on the throne.

It began with a snap, it withered and crumbled,
My heart so long yours, and you had been so humble.
I could feel it within, the long jagged shards,
Each cutting through my chest, the sword of my guard.
And the walls did crumble, the world did shake,
Every part of my body erupting with ache.
While I quaked and soon collapsed down to my knees,
My crown fell to the floor, no longer a queen.

I was broken and battered,
Suddenly alone,
Not an outsider had killed me, but one of my own.

Morrigan wrote:
“My love,” Mother spoke in her soft, caring tone. It was not often that her voice rose. “I know you are sleepy, but let us take flight. I wish to show you something.”

“Where will we fly?” The young dragon responded, her curiosity outweighing her fatigue.

“Hush now, and follow me.”

The pair flew together in the night, their bodies shimmering like shooting stars across the sky. A meadow was their destination, wide open and naked to the night sky. Long grasses waved their welcome in the gentle breeze. Mother landed in the center and welcomed her child to her side.

“Mother–“ But the hatchling was cut off with a swoop of Mother’s wing.

“Quiet a moment, my dear. Do not speak. Listen.”

The hatchling tucked her head back down and leaned against Mother’s side, drawing in deep breaths of the cool night air. She could feel the breeze gently rippling off of her body and the grass tickling at her underbelly. The earth was soft beneath her. After a few moments of silence, the bugs of the night began their soft chirping once more. A few brave lightning bugs rose to the tops of the stalks of grass to take flight once more, their bodies becoming tiny lanterns in the night. Soon, the Earth became a symphony, the sky a light show.

The hatchling felt a slight fear come over her. If she moved, would the lanterns’ fire dwindle? If she spoke, would the music go silent? Her whole body stiffened. Only her head would move from time to time, swiveling in an attempt to see the entire meadow at once. She did not know how much time had passed when she felt her mother stir at her side.

“Look up to the sky, dear, beyond the flecks of golden light, to the moon and the stars. Do you see how they glow so proudly?” Mother’s voice was a soft whisper. It was the first time the hatchling had heard Mother sound so in awe, “You, my beautiful child, are a daughter of the night and of the sky. Your wings hold the night, your body the stars, and around you the lanterns dance. Your flight creates the gentle breeze. Your voice is the symphony. Your heart is the life you feel thrumming around you. The beauty that you see tonight is your beauty. It is gazing upon a looking glass.” Mother trailed off for a few moments, letting her silence be filled with the soft chirping of the insects that still sang merrily away. “One day I will be gone, but the stars I wear will twinkle in the night. The black of my wings will hold you tight in the dark. My light will join the lanterns, flickering softly in and out. I will be gone, but always with you.”

The hatchling looked up towards Mother, her head tilting to one side. She did not understand the thin chord of pain in Mother’s voice, or the reason Mother suddenly held her so close. She did not question, only nuzzled closer.

It was a beautiful night.
           
Many years later, when the hatchling had grown and Mother did pass away, the young dragon returned to the meadow to sit in silence: listening to the insects chirp around her, hearing Mother's voice– watching the lanterns light up the sky, seeing Mother's eyes– gazing upon the night sky, seeing the stars of Mother's body shining brightly above her.

Gone, but always with her.

Loptr wrote:
The fall winds always blew cold. In the air, Loptr could taste the oncoming storm. The moisture was already beginning to freeze into delicate crystals. This winter, it seemed, would come early and hard. The dragon glanced around the desolate lands. The ground beneath him was hard, not with frost but with stone. Trees grew interspersedly, but landmarks were almost always jagged boulders ticking up from the mossy grounds like claws of a giant hatchling trying to break free of its egg. This land–the few lives it contained hardened like ice–was not always his home.

He was a prince. As the youngest of his siblings, he lived a carefree life. If he died, it was no matter. He was not heir. He was not even next in line should his eldest brother die. No one paid him much mind as he roamed free into the beautiful lands of his childhood. Golden meadows stretched to the horizon, bordered only by ancient forests blossoming with life. Peace was so much a part of his life he did not know the word.

In the royal family, all dragons were born neutral and only found their element upon eating a white flower that bloomed at night and glowed like the moon. It was tradition to eat one upon reaching adulthood. Loptr’s elder brothers had both been claimed by Light, his sisters Arcane and Nature. They were granted powers accordingly. His brothers became Paladins and guardians of the peace, his eldest sister a Sorceress with an affinity for giving life, his other sister a Druid and guardian of the wilds. When Loptr took that fateful flower and swallowed it, he was claimed by something far more wretched.

Plague.

Loptr’s father, the King, ceased speaking to him. His siblings became wary. His mother, the Queen, was the only one who remained by his side. Like any dragon with new powers, Loptr found himself struggling to control it. He spread disease, death, chaos. Most of his deeds were reversible. His brothers would cut down any summoned beasts, his sisters restore beings and nature alike. Loptr’s frustrations grew, and with it did his powers. He was fueled off of his anger, his pain, his confusion at his father’s sudden hatred for him. His only solace was in his mother’s presence when she calmed him and got him to focus. Plague, she said, was as important as light. It balanced the universe. There was no life without death, no light without shadow, no health without plague.

The Queen aided Loptr in his training, but it seemed he was destined for Chaos. It was not until one fateful morning when his mother stepped into the room that he was not tolerated. The air had been brisk that morning, not unlike the late fall air. Light snow had begun to twinkle down, sparkling in the partial sunlight. It was beautiful. Loptr had lost himself in the sight, glancing out the window, thrumming with energy in his delight. His mother placed a paw upon his back to get his attention. He had no control of it, the energy that surged from his body into hers. He had no control of the plague he needed to survive but was poison to all others. He whipped around, called for his sisters, but it was already much too late. His energy had been too much.

Loptr did not wait for the wrath of his father, but ran. Not for fear, but for the guilt that grasped his heart. He had killed the only one who cared for him.
           
The storm would arrive soon. It had been many years since he had left home and found himself in the desolate, frozen lands he claimed. He called himself King. King of the ice, the broken, and of the dead. God of Chaos. Was that not what he had become? He knew his power true. Oh, and it had always thrummed so much harder than his siblings. It fed off of his pain, off of his loneliness, anger, and self-loathing. It fed and it fed until Loptr felt them no longer. He was a frozen beast walking.

King and God and numb and entirely alone.
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- intp capricorn
res
res
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- intp capricorn