Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 165 166
Here’s a random little thing that I wrote! I would say I had nothing else to do...but I could be writing the actual story XP Maybe later. [s]And yes, I’m aware that one of the paragraphs is just one sentence.[/s] [quote=August 28 2021]They wanted to be like that someday—fierce, strong, frightening.[/quote] Umi could remember watching her sister fight during the war. As a miko, she only needed to tend to the wounded and pray for the dead; but Seiko… Seiko was so [i]strong[/i]. There was only a two years’ difference between the two, but Seiko always gave others the impression of being at least five years older—someone who fought in the army before the war, who had battle experience and a mind for tactics. She admired her sister. Seiko would stop at nothing to protect Umi, just as Umi would be constantly sending up prayers for Seiko. Umi found solace in that small fact—even if there were times when Seiko couldn’t protect her. There was a day after Seiko was injured—a recent battle had left her with limited use of her left arm and leg, and while the latter was able to recover somewhat, she had to learn how to write and fight with her right hand—where Umi had wandered to the training ground in search of her when she saw Asahi, the fellow soldier who was helping Seiko, train by himself. “Do you know—“ Umi began, only to be hushed by the young man. “Seiko’s asleep,” Asahi replied. He gestured to the person in question, who was underneath one of the trees. “The recovery is tiring—if only because she makes it.” “She seems to mourn General Hiroki,” Umi mused. “They were close. I can imagine Sonoru is on her mind, as well.” Asahi looked away at the mention of the traitor’s name. “She’d better forget about him. We were all friends, but Sonoru’s the reason why she’s like this. Even if he showed up five years from now, I’ll still want to kill him; Seiko’s just stuck on the reasons.” “To be fair,” Umi began, wandering a few paces away and sitting down on the grass, “Seiko is used to loyal friends, and she barely knows what it’s like to be betrayed—only two people have hurt and left her so far. I would imagine that the name ‘Masaaki Sonoru’ will fade in meaning, just as ‘biological father’ has.” “It’s fascinating how someone so mature could have such a weakness,” Asahi mused. “Seiko has good sense to avoid the untrustworthy before she speaks with them, but after she’s befriended them, it’s nigh impossible to get her to suspect them for anything.” He sighed, and carried on with a more admiring tone. “At least she’s not beating herself up over it. She’s very strong, all things considered—a beast on the battlefield, that’s for sure. She’ll make a good general once she recovers.” He offered a little smile to Umi. “You should be proud to have Seiko as a sister.” “You should be proud, too,” Umi replied with her own smile, “To call such a person your friend and general.” “Let us both strive to be worthy of our close relations,” Asahi concluded. “So Seiko can be as proud in us as we are in her.” Umi smiled at the goal, even if she didn’t believe she could ever wish it.
Here’s a random little thing that I wrote! I would say I had nothing else to do...but I could be writing the actual story XP Maybe later. And yes, I’m aware that one of the paragraphs is just one sentence.
August 28 2021 wrote:
They wanted to be like that someday—fierce, strong, frightening.
Umi could remember watching her sister fight during the war. As a miko, she only needed to tend to the wounded and pray for the dead; but Seiko… Seiko was so strong. There was only a two years’ difference between the two, but Seiko always gave others the impression of being at least five years older—someone who fought in the army before the war, who had battle experience and a mind for tactics.

She admired her sister. Seiko would stop at nothing to protect Umi, just as Umi would be constantly sending up prayers for Seiko. Umi found solace in that small fact—even if there were times when Seiko couldn’t protect her.

There was a day after Seiko was injured—a recent battle had left her with limited use of her left arm and leg, and while the latter was able to recover somewhat, she had to learn how to write and fight with her right hand—where Umi had wandered to the training ground in search of her when she saw Asahi, the fellow soldier who was helping Seiko, train by himself.

“Do you know—“ Umi began, only to be hushed by the young man.

“Seiko’s asleep,” Asahi replied. He gestured to the person in question, who was underneath one of the trees. “The recovery is tiring—if only because she makes it.”

“She seems to mourn General Hiroki,” Umi mused. “They were close. I can imagine Sonoru is on her mind, as well.”

Asahi looked away at the mention of the traitor’s name. “She’d better forget about him. We were all friends, but Sonoru’s the reason why she’s like this. Even if he showed up five years from now, I’ll still want to kill him; Seiko’s just stuck on the reasons.”

“To be fair,” Umi began, wandering a few paces away and sitting down on the grass, “Seiko is used to loyal friends, and she barely knows what it’s like to be betrayed—only two people have hurt and left her so far. I would imagine that the name ‘Masaaki Sonoru’ will fade in meaning, just as ‘biological father’ has.”

“It’s fascinating how someone so mature could have such a weakness,” Asahi mused. “Seiko has good sense to avoid the untrustworthy before she speaks with them, but after she’s befriended them, it’s nigh impossible to get her to suspect them for anything.” He sighed, and carried on with a more admiring tone. “At least she’s not beating herself up over it. She’s very strong, all things considered—a beast on the battlefield, that’s for sure. She’ll make a good general once she recovers.” He offered a little smile to Umi. “You should be proud to have Seiko as a sister.”

“You should be proud, too,” Umi replied with her own smile, “To call such a person your friend and general.”

“Let us both strive to be worthy of our close relations,” Asahi concluded. “So Seiko can be as proud in us as we are in her.”

Umi smiled at the goal, even if she didn’t believe she could ever wish it.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
@fyi
I meant the again in the sentence you brought up, but let's maybe let it pass lol And distasted might not be used too often, but for me, it has a bit different meaning than dislike. It's like a mix of dislike with also being disgusted by something. But I will try to keep it in mind and use it less/write it with different words. And thank you for all the rest feedback on this one 'story'. I'm happy you also notice the possibility of that premise, tho I doubt I will ever continue it. After all, it was just a late-night write, to which I kinda don't want to go back again. How it was written and all the mistakes make me kinda embarrassed as I know I can do better.

Now to the other one. XDD I know, eggplant doesn't sound too well, but I was so unsure what to change it with. Violet sounded cool but I was worried it would seem like a different color, and I totally forgot about indigo. I think indigo was that one word I was searching for in the depths of my brain, but didn't in the end.

And Elise, well, she surely doesn't kick around the bush. And it might seem like dragons wouldn't like her much, but she is under the 'protection' of Isaac, who is the king of Featherwing Village (Main City) so no one dares to actually do anything against her. Plus most of the dragons, at least those who lived there for a few years, know that she never does it with malicious intent. It's just how she is.
And you got a very good point. Let's be honest, something like changing fate shouldn't be possible, right? So if someone does it, they break the rules of the world. You would probably expect now, to hear about a punishment that awaits Elise, but nothing of this sort!

Nothing ever happened and will never happen to her, because she isn't the only dragon fighting with fate (tho she doesn't know that). But I will not say anything more, as first, I didn't work much on this part of the lore, second - Won't it be fun to leave you without an answer, wondering? (as most of the serials do with their cliffhangers?)

Ah, sorry for once again the long write-back but I'm really thankful for your feedback! I'm really happy seeing how someone read (and maybe even enjoyed?) what I wrote! <3 Thank you.
@fyi
I meant the again in the sentence you brought up, but let's maybe let it pass lol And distasted might not be used too often, but for me, it has a bit different meaning than dislike. It's like a mix of dislike with also being disgusted by something. But I will try to keep it in mind and use it less/write it with different words. And thank you for all the rest feedback on this one 'story'. I'm happy you also notice the possibility of that premise, tho I doubt I will ever continue it. After all, it was just a late-night write, to which I kinda don't want to go back again. How it was written and all the mistakes make me kinda embarrassed as I know I can do better.

Now to the other one. XDD I know, eggplant doesn't sound too well, but I was so unsure what to change it with. Violet sounded cool but I was worried it would seem like a different color, and I totally forgot about indigo. I think indigo was that one word I was searching for in the depths of my brain, but didn't in the end.

And Elise, well, she surely doesn't kick around the bush. And it might seem like dragons wouldn't like her much, but she is under the 'protection' of Isaac, who is the king of Featherwing Village (Main City) so no one dares to actually do anything against her. Plus most of the dragons, at least those who lived there for a few years, know that she never does it with malicious intent. It's just how she is.
And you got a very good point. Let's be honest, something like changing fate shouldn't be possible, right? So if someone does it, they break the rules of the world. You would probably expect now, to hear about a punishment that awaits Elise, but nothing of this sort!

Nothing ever happened and will never happen to her, because she isn't the only dragon fighting with fate (tho she doesn't know that). But I will not say anything more, as first, I didn't work much on this part of the lore, second - Won't it be fun to leave you without an answer, wondering? (as most of the serials do with their cliffhangers?)

Ah, sorry for once again the long write-back but I'm really thankful for your feedback! I'm really happy seeing how someone read (and maybe even enjoyed?) what I wrote! <3 Thank you.
1YGrk6M.pngQB9Oxim.png
1zc6qYY.png
t9rE1A9.png
tsLqd7p.png4lx1JN4.png JvT6zxD.png
[center]today's prompt is a submission from @/AlterZero! feel free to pm me prompts, but be aware that there's a bit of a backlog as of rn so it will likely be a while before it's utilized.[quote=October 23 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]One might wish for eternity, but all they will get is their life wasting away in a flash. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@fyi I do in fact have a dragon for Mrisha! (Bio credit to my friend, she wrote it!) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64933197][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/649332/64933197_350.png[/img][/url]
@fyi

I do in fact have a dragon for Mrisha!

(Bio credit to my friend, she wrote it!)
64933197_350.png
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
[center][quote=October 22 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Their eyes widened. "I understand now." [/size][/quote][/center] "GradGradGradGrad[i]GradGradGrad[b]GradGradGRAD!![/b][/i]" Grum contemplated not looking up from his herbs, but Trundle's unusually verbal excitement gave way to a tail-thud so strong it rattled a shelf. He frowned at the shelf. that would need securing. A lot of things had. His little burrow hadn't been made for a child, much less a snapper one. "I was waiting for the 42nd one. You know, that's a special number." "Purring!" Grum's frown deepened. He barely remembered that word, not because he was a tundra, but because it was one he hadn't heard in decades and decades. It had something to do with beastclans, didn't it? It must be one of those words Trundle had picked up at the carer's last festival. "Y' stay away from purring - and me too, stoppit, y'trundler!" It turned out that trundlers...snappers...were great at herding if called for. The excited snapper child was shoving Grum with her snout toward the door. She led just outside, and to the left. That was where her special spot was. Snappers weren’t much for having spots or collecting, but Trundle had still worked hard to dig out and create a spot for herself. It included her souvenirs from the two festivals. She now pointed at her stack of glittery star stones carved in some artist’s rendition of a dragon constellation. The rocks had crumbled into a heap of fallen glitter rocks, and were gently lifting in a breathing motion. And, yes, they made a purring sond, “Some kinda weird infestation.” Grum muttered. “No.” That lovely sound that was like…it was like rest and happiness all bundled up. She glared at the weapons Grum had brought. Something that happy didn’t need weapons. “Purr-Rocks!” A long sighing cchhuuuurrrr came from the rocks. Then up popped a head. Trundle pranced in place. Her constellation was a real dragon! Grum frowned. This creature had a deity’s blessing on it, too. He hesitated a moment, then snarled, “Get off our property, and yer gonna pay for breakin’ the statue.” The contented look immediately switched to shock. The sparkling rocks - which had been softening into a blue and pink dragon - harden to fallen rocks again, then reformed into the statue Trundle had brought back with her. Trundle shrieked - surprise, glee, dismay, confusion all wrapped together. She looked up to Grum for how to react. The tundra's eyes widened. "I understand now. This is one of Earthshaker's obelisks." "My---" [i]"No.[/i] She'll stay 'til the festival, then she can find some clan to stay with. Someone who knows what to do with 'em." "Hope's guardians." Trundle said. "Ain't no such thing has hope. Y'jus'keep on moving, be strong yerself." "Good." Trundle snorted. In the word was all the declaration of war a child could have against their parent. He could say hope didn't exist and wasn't welcome here. She was going to believe in it, and figure out how to keep it's guardian right here. It wasn't plague, but it belonged! [morphology=2016084] Unnamed as of yet - Hatched 3 days ago. I think she's a lair keeper, but not sure if she'll remain in this story line. I've been wanting to do an obelisk intro for ages and ages. And now pondering how to introduce the plague festival. I always seem to miss the actual day!
October 22 2021 wrote:
Their eyes widened. "I understand now."

"GradGradGradGradGradGradGradGradGradGRAD!!"

Grum contemplated not looking up from his herbs, but Trundle's unusually verbal excitement gave way to a tail-thud so strong it rattled a shelf. He frowned at the shelf. that would need securing. A lot of things had. His little burrow hadn't been made for a child, much less a snapper one. "I was waiting for the 42nd one. You know, that's a special number."

"Purring!"

Grum's frown deepened. He barely remembered that word, not because he was a tundra, but because it was one he hadn't heard in decades and decades. It had something to do with beastclans, didn't it? It must be one of those words Trundle had picked up at the carer's last festival. "Y' stay away from purring - and me too, stoppit, y'trundler!"

It turned out that trundlers...snappers...were great at herding if called for. The excited snapper child was shoving Grum with her snout toward the door. She led just outside, and to the left. That was where her special spot was. Snappers weren’t much for having spots or collecting, but Trundle had still worked hard to dig out and create a spot for herself. It included her souvenirs from the two festivals. She now pointed at her stack of glittery star stones carved in some artist’s rendition of a dragon constellation.

The rocks had crumbled into a heap of fallen glitter rocks, and were gently lifting in a breathing motion. And, yes, they made a purring sond, “Some kinda weird infestation.” Grum muttered.

“No.” That lovely sound that was like…it was like rest and happiness all bundled up. She glared at the weapons Grum had brought. Something that happy didn’t need weapons. “Purr-Rocks!”

A long sighing cchhuuuurrrr came from the rocks. Then up popped a head. Trundle pranced in place. Her constellation was a real dragon!

Grum frowned. This creature had a deity’s blessing on it, too. He hesitated a moment, then snarled, “Get off our property, and yer gonna pay for breakin’ the statue.”

The contented look immediately switched to shock. The sparkling rocks - which had been softening into a blue and pink dragon - harden to fallen rocks again, then reformed into the statue Trundle had brought back with her.

Trundle shrieked - surprise, glee, dismay, confusion all wrapped together. She looked up to Grum for how to react.

The tundra's eyes widened. "I understand now. This is one of Earthshaker's obelisks."

"My---"

"No. She'll stay 'til the festival, then she can find some clan to stay with. Someone who knows what to do with 'em."

"Hope's guardians." Trundle said.

"Ain't no such thing has hope. Y'jus'keep on moving, be strong yerself."

"Good." Trundle snorted.

In the word was all the declaration of war a child could have against their parent. He could say hope didn't exist and wasn't welcome here. She was going to believe in it, and figure out how to keep it's guardian right here. It wasn't plague, but it belonged!

StarSight

Unnamed as of yet - Hatched 3 days ago. I think she's a lair keeper, but not sure if she'll remain in this story line. I've been wanting to do an obelisk intro for ages and ages. And now pondering how to introduce the plague festival. I always seem to miss the actual day!
...signature loading....
could i be added to the pinglist? i really like a lot of these :)
could i be added to the pinglist? i really like a lot of these :)
she/her/feather
Sorry for the double post back to back.... I was actually trying to get a plague festival post open, used three different prompts, but out popped this one and I had to go in search of it. Hope you enjoy! [center][quote=October 14 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Ghosts hide where the flowers die.[/size][/quote][/center] Unlike the other festivals, Grum had had time to dedicate the entire month to sorting out his wares. This was thanks to Glory. In gesture of appreciation, he'd permitted her into the storage to take what she would. She'd frozen in a very unmirrorlike fashion at the sheer size of the storage. It burrowed deep underground, and was easily larger than all the other shelters on the land put together. "You stubborn old beast." She muttered. "Stubborn---stubborn old beast." She repeated the phrase a few times as she walked further and further in. She froze again in front of a small mountain of flowers. Unlike the rest of his wares, grown by the plague blessed tundra and imbued with a magic other dragons sensed but could never quite describe, these ones really weren't worth very much. Not even good kindling nor, dried out as they were, could they be good compost. To her nature eyes, they were pitifully anemic and lackluster. To what they symbolized though.... "How did Plaguebringer's land grow these?" Grum shrugged. "Imported potted soil, think you taught me that." She had, but importing the soil would have cost him a small fortune. For sure, this...this...warehouse... symbolized how many long years Grum had sat his hind end down on this land and refused to leave it. Until now, she'd assumed he'd never even traded in or out but lived entirely self-sufficiently. Closed off. "You won't let me take these." "No." She suddenly turned on him with a fury that she sometimes held and he refused to understand, "Do you remember what they mean?" Her voice was softer than the bristling of her body. Grum shrugged. "I keep my ghosts here. When they start to wake, i shake it all off here." Glory made a sound of sheer disgust, "Trust a tundra to [i]want[/i] to keep things locked away! More awful than the Icewarden!" She stomped off, snatched up as many wares as she could---and, when she thought Grum wouldn't know, a few dried flowers to hide among the spices. She was, of course, foolish for assuming Grum wouldn't smell them anyway. But he pretended not to. Glory had ghosts floating all about her all the time, and her presence had made the ghosts leave their little dried flower graveyard to taunt and haunt him most days. She could take a few with her. "Right, ready." His own bags had almost more than he could carry. This journey across the plaguelands to the festival was never easy. But at least this time he'd had time to rely on instinct to properly sort the wares for Plague. He was confident they would sell better. To what purpose? Oh, hope and purpose were lost on him long ago. But mostly it was for Trundle. The snapper child seemed to grow on all the knowledge she could gather from these festivals. Unlike potting soil, that couldn't be imported. And he was not looking to make a dried up hull out of her. When she left, and that was inevitable, he wanted her flower grave to be happy haunts.
Sorry for the double post back to back.... I was actually trying to get a plague festival post open, used three different prompts, but out popped this one and I had to go in search of it. Hope you enjoy!
October 14 2021 wrote:
Ghosts hide where the flowers die.

Unlike the other festivals, Grum had had time to dedicate the entire month to sorting out his wares. This was thanks to Glory. In gesture of appreciation, he'd permitted her into the storage to take what she would. She'd frozen in a very unmirrorlike fashion at the sheer size of the storage. It burrowed deep underground, and was easily larger than all the other shelters on the land put together.

"You stubborn old beast." She muttered. "Stubborn---stubborn old beast." She repeated the phrase a few times as she walked further and further in. She froze again in front of a small mountain of flowers. Unlike the rest of his wares, grown by the plague blessed tundra and imbued with a magic other dragons sensed but could never quite describe, these ones really weren't worth very much. Not even good kindling nor, dried out as they were, could they be good compost. To her nature eyes, they were pitifully anemic and lackluster. To what they symbolized though.... "How did Plaguebringer's land grow these?"

Grum shrugged. "Imported potted soil, think you taught me that."

She had, but importing the soil would have cost him a small fortune. For sure, this...this...warehouse... symbolized how many long years Grum had sat his hind end down on this land and refused to leave it. Until now, she'd assumed he'd never even traded in or out but lived entirely self-sufficiently. Closed off.

"You won't let me take these."

"No."

She suddenly turned on him with a fury that she sometimes held and he refused to understand, "Do you remember what they mean?" Her voice was softer than the bristling of her body.

Grum shrugged. "I keep my ghosts here. When they start to wake, i shake it all off here."

Glory made a sound of sheer disgust, "Trust a tundra to want to keep things locked away! More awful than the Icewarden!" She stomped off, snatched up as many wares as she could---and, when she thought Grum wouldn't know, a few dried flowers to hide among the spices.

She was, of course, foolish for assuming Grum wouldn't smell them anyway. But he pretended not to. Glory had ghosts floating all about her all the time, and her presence had made the ghosts leave their little dried flower graveyard to taunt and haunt him most days. She could take a few with her.

"Right, ready." His own bags had almost more than he could carry. This journey across the plaguelands to the festival was never easy. But at least this time he'd had time to rely on instinct to properly sort the wares for Plague. He was confident they would sell better.

To what purpose? Oh, hope and purpose were lost on him long ago. But mostly it was for Trundle. The snapper child seemed to grow on all the knowledge she could gather from these festivals. Unlike potting soil, that couldn't be imported. And he was not looking to make a dried up hull out of her.

When she left, and that was inevitable, he wanted her flower grave to be happy haunts.
...signature loading....
[quote] They slash at the water, their reflection scattering into a cascade of ripples.[/quote] The [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72187946]wildclaw[/url] scrambled into the basement, using his long, sharp claw to cling onto the ladder. When Leaf reached the bottom, he turned on the light. It flickered on, then off, and finally back on again. He sighed, settling onto the blanket on the floor. He was supposed to clean the basement of his father’s mansion, but he’d much rather read instead. As Leaf searched among the shelves for something interesting, he dropped a scroll onto the floor. He ignored it, and propped a ladder on the shelf. He soon was four meters into the air, and began to tremble. “I still haven’t learned how to fly.” He said to himself, but that made him feel worse. He climbed another foot, but his wings tipped a few heavy books out of balance, and he jumped. Leaf tried to stay in the air, frantically flapping his wings and grabbing at the wooden shelves. A scroll whooshed past his face, and he read it. He didn’t mean to, he read everything given to him. Even a scrap of paper that was not meant for his eyes, his mind would read it. As soon as he read the first word, it glowed furiously. [i]Noc—[/i] His mind went blank. [i]turne—[/i] He tumbled down, the wind whistling in his ears. He closed his eyes, he couldn’t think. [i]—scroll[/i] [b]thunk.[/b] He hit the ground, unconscious. He awoke many days later. “A-Arcanist?” Leaf asked, his eyes couldn’t see a thing, other than a soft glow coming from the air. He turned on the light, by now he knew where it was, he’s been here many times before. There it was. Scorched paper fell to the floor, before burning up entirely. “Could I have accidentally primaled myself? Or did I change my genes?” Leaf thought to himself. Footsteps could be heard coming downstairs, Leaf looked up. The door opened, and his father came in. “Leaf?!” He yelled in fury. “What did you do? I told you to clean up.” Then, a smaller wildclaw walked in. “Brother?” She asked. “What happened to you?” “N-nothing.” Leaf said. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to change my genes.” “Your genes are the same.” Father said sternly. “You ruined our pure Wildclaw bloodline.” Something felt off. Leaf felt smaller, his large foot-claws seemed to be clipped off, he suddenly wanted to hide in a dark corner to himself only. “Look in the mirror.” His sister said. Leaf looked in the mirror, his eyes filled with horror. [i]he was a nocturne.[/i] “Be gone from our home.” His father said. He wasn’t wanted. “Be gone from our home.” Leaf mimicked, before slipping out the front door. He ran to the woods, and tripped over a log. Before him, was a pond. Leaf was filled with anger. He slashed at the water, his reflection seeming to scream [i]listen, please.[/i] “Well, that was creepy.” He said, shaking it off as a trick of the light. [quote] Their eyes widened. "I understand now."[/quote] The [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72947062]Tundra[/url] took off with tears welling up in her eyes. Recently that day, she was sorting through the scrolls, and ripped one apart, like her parents told her to. To her shock, she passed out. She then woke up, smells overwhelming her nose. She was using a scented candle, and it smelled far better than before. Pumpkin recalled a snippet of information she was once told the past week. [i]Tundras have an acute sense of smell, however their memory isn’t the best. [/i] She quickly realized that she ripped apart a breed change scroll, and was now a tundra. She always recorded everything she was told, taught, or seen in a notebook. Soon, she had a stack of notebooks collecting dust until she needed them. Her parents wouldn’t be happy to see her like this, so she grabbed her notebooks, some treasure and gems, some food, and shoved them into her bag that made everything light and took off through the window. Her eyes welled up with tears. She didn’t want to leave home. She then bought some candles, and took off from cinderslag to the Magma Sactrum. Pumpkin had heard rumors that there lived a clan that would help anyone in need, and uncover the truth about their past. But that was just a rumor, so she probably wouldn’t find help there. She flew for days, only stopping to rest, drink, and eat. Most of the nights she would spend in the air, until she saw a faint glow from beneath her. She was there. She landed inside of the wall, knowing the risk that she would die doing that. Pumpkin [i]needed[/i] to find the clan leaders. Soon, she saw an old tundra. “Do you need help?” The tundra asked. “I could with your problems, just ask.” “Y-yes.” Pumpkin stuttered. “With what, child of Flamecaller?” The tundra looked into Pumpkin’s bright orange eyes that seemed to have sparks. Before she knew it, Pumpkin’s story spilled out to the kind stranger. “My name is Maru.” The tundra nodded. “I think I can help teach you ways of our kind-tundras I mean.” [quote] One might wish for eternity, but all they will get is their life wasting away in a flash. [/quote] Warning: Death [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73020726]Darkness[/url] was an odd skydancer, to say the least. Most days, her edges would seem to be dripping, smoking, or fading away. Everywhere she would go, trouble would follow. She wished to be immortal, but her days came to an end very soon. Hundreds of years later, her bones blackened, her eyes became like black pits. She would never talk, but always kill. The shade spoke to her, her cheeks were kissed by it. Some days, she could be heard whispering, always the same words. [i]The shade spreads. The shade consumes. The shade controls. The shade rules. The shade spreads. The shade consumes. The shade controls. The shade rules.[/i]
Quote:
They slash at the water, their reflection scattering into a cascade of ripples.

The wildclaw scrambled into the basement, using his long, sharp claw to cling onto the ladder.

When Leaf reached the bottom, he turned on the light. It flickered on, then off, and finally back on again.

He sighed, settling onto the blanket on the floor. He was supposed to clean the basement of his father’s mansion, but he’d much rather read instead.

As Leaf searched among the shelves for something interesting, he dropped a scroll onto the floor.

He ignored it, and propped a ladder on the shelf. He soon was four meters into the air, and began to tremble.

“I still haven’t learned how to fly.” He said to himself, but that made him feel worse.

He climbed another foot, but his wings tipped a few heavy books out of balance, and he jumped.

Leaf tried to stay in the air, frantically flapping his wings and grabbing at the wooden shelves.

A scroll whooshed past his face, and he read it.

He didn’t mean to, he read everything given to him. Even a scrap of paper that was not meant for his eyes, his mind would read it.

As soon as he read the first word, it glowed furiously.

Noc—

His mind went blank.

turne—

He tumbled down, the wind whistling in his ears. He closed his eyes, he couldn’t think.

—scroll

thunk. He hit the ground, unconscious.

He awoke many days later.

“A-Arcanist?” Leaf asked, his eyes couldn’t see a thing, other than a soft glow coming from the air.

He turned on the light, by now he knew where it was, he’s been here many times before.

There it was. Scorched paper fell to the floor, before burning up entirely.

“Could I have accidentally primaled myself? Or did I change my genes?” Leaf thought to himself.

Footsteps could be heard coming downstairs, Leaf looked up.

The door opened, and his father came in.

“Leaf?!” He yelled in fury. “What did you do? I told you to clean up.”

Then, a smaller wildclaw walked in. “Brother?” She asked. “What happened to you?”

“N-nothing.” Leaf said. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to change my genes.”

“Your genes are the same.” Father said sternly. “You ruined our pure Wildclaw bloodline.”

Something felt off. Leaf felt smaller, his large foot-claws seemed to be clipped off, he suddenly wanted to hide in a dark corner to himself only.

“Look in the mirror.” His sister said.

Leaf looked in the mirror, his eyes filled with horror.

he was a nocturne.

“Be gone from our home.” His father said. He wasn’t wanted.

“Be gone from our home.” Leaf mimicked, before slipping out the front door.

He ran to the woods, and tripped over a log. Before him, was a pond.

Leaf was filled with anger. He slashed at the water, his reflection seeming to scream listen, please.

“Well, that was creepy.” He said, shaking it off as a trick of the light.
Quote:
Their eyes widened. "I understand now."

The Tundra took off with tears welling up in her eyes.

Recently that day, she was sorting through the scrolls, and ripped one apart, like her parents told her to.

To her shock, she passed out.

She then woke up, smells overwhelming her nose. She was using a scented candle, and it smelled far better than before.

Pumpkin recalled a snippet of information she was once told the past week.

Tundras have an acute sense of smell, however their memory isn’t the best.

She quickly realized that she ripped apart a breed change scroll, and was now a tundra. She always recorded everything she was told, taught, or seen in a notebook. Soon, she had a stack of notebooks collecting dust until she needed them.

Her parents wouldn’t be happy to see her like this, so she grabbed her notebooks, some treasure and gems, some food, and shoved them into her bag that made everything light and took off through the window.

Her eyes welled up with tears. She didn’t want to leave home.

She then bought some candles, and took off from cinderslag to the Magma Sactrum.

Pumpkin had heard rumors that there lived a clan that would help anyone in need, and uncover the truth about their past. But that was just a rumor, so she probably wouldn’t find help there.

She flew for days, only stopping to rest, drink, and eat. Most of the nights she would spend in the air, until she saw a faint glow from beneath her. She was there.

She landed inside of the wall, knowing the risk that she would die doing that.

Pumpkin needed to find the clan leaders. Soon, she saw an old tundra.

“Do you need help?” The tundra asked. “I could with your problems, just ask.”

“Y-yes.” Pumpkin stuttered.

“With what, child of Flamecaller?” The tundra looked into Pumpkin’s bright orange eyes that seemed to have sparks.

Before she knew it, Pumpkin’s story spilled out to the kind stranger.

“My name is Maru.” The tundra nodded. “I think I can help teach you ways of our kind-tundras I mean.”
Quote:
One might wish for eternity, but all they will get is their life wasting away in a flash.

Warning: Death

Darkness was an odd skydancer, to say the least.

Most days, her edges would seem to be dripping, smoking, or fading away. Everywhere she would go, trouble would follow.

She wished to be immortal, but her days came to an end very soon.

Hundreds of years later, her bones blackened, her eyes became like black pits.

She would never talk, but always kill.

The shade spoke to her, her cheeks were kissed by it.

Some days, she could be heard whispering, always the same words.

The shade spreads. The shade consumes. The shade controls. The shade rules. The shade spreads. The shade consumes. The shade controls. The shade rules.

jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
[center]happy ror![quote=October 24 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Hunt them down for me, will you?"[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote]One might wish for eternity, but all they will get is their life wasting away in a flash.[/quote] it was the end, wasn't it? at least hers would be a quick death. she wrote the final moments in a book because uploading would take too long. [i]goodbye, my love.[/i] [i]i hope to see you again.[/i] [i]i won't.[/i] she was going to write more, maybe, on the irony of the situation she never wanted to be the last. she was she was dead. a light flickered on, then another. she was alive. she was alive and she was looking at her body and she was not in it. she had new scales now, old memories how to move? she'd figure it out she had to she bent her neck down. she stared at her claws and they were wrong. she stared at her claws that were not her own, that used to be her own and now were only for the worms and the rot. she tore her coat off of herself and put it on, the almost-familiar feeling almost bringing her to tears she wiped them away but they were not there she had no tears now, no limitations now that she was dead and gone and back. it was only ever a failsafe, a morbid experiment. wasn't it? before everything, when she wanted only the best when she still made [i]them[/i] [i]they[/i] were still there, silent, weren't they? she flapped her strange wings and took off from the perch her new body was sitting on she flew to the shoulder of the mistake she hit a switch the error awakened it was so loud she was so loud she remembered why she'd turned her off wooooo no clue where this was going but i lost the thread of inspiration so take this unfinshed mess
Quote:
One might wish for eternity, but all they will get is their life wasting away in a flash.

it was the end, wasn't it?
at least hers would be a quick death.
she wrote the final moments in a book because uploading would take too long.
goodbye, my love.
i hope to see you again.
i won't.
she was going to write more, maybe, on the irony of the situation
she never wanted to be the last.
she was
she was dead.

a light flickered on, then another.
she was alive.
she was alive and she was looking at her body and she was not in it.
she had new scales now, old memories
how to move?
she'd figure it out
she had to
she bent her neck down.
she stared at her claws and they were wrong.
she stared at her claws that were not her own,
that used to be her own and now were only for the worms and the rot.
she tore her coat off of herself and put it on, the almost-familiar feeling almost bringing her to tears
she wiped them away but they were not there
she had no tears now, no limitations now that she was dead and gone and back.
it was only ever a failsafe, a morbid experiment. wasn't it?
before everything, when she wanted only the best
when she still made them
they were still there, silent, weren't they?
she flapped her strange wings and took off from the perch her new body was sitting on
she flew to the shoulder of the mistake
she hit a switch
the error awakened
it was so loud
she was so loud
she remembered why she'd turned her off

wooooo no clue where this was going but i lost the thread of inspiration so take this unfinshed mess
YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 165 166