Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 165 166
I don't have as much to say this time. Just a dynamic I've had in my head for a while. These two have an absolute disaster of a relationship I guess I would best describe as siblings who constantly argue? They're not related at all, but their origins are tightly tied together, and well... they drive each other crazy. It's messy. Unrelated fact, but I listened to the [i]entire[/i] new Love Live Nijigasaki album while working on this (although I did get distracted a bunch of times). It's really good! Eieisa is still my #1 favorite, followed by Yada!, Turn It Up!, and Toy Doll (although not in that exact order, probably), but I've found that I even really liked the songs I was a little iffy on before. Featured characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68639096]Aldebaran[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37494424]Asteria[/url] ----- [center][quote=October 15 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Giving up again? That's so like you."[/size][/quote][/center] Aldebaran smirks at Asteria. Even as she's trying to look calm and confident, he can pick up on the smallest trembling and the forced expression. He's known the Skydancer far too long to not notice, after all. If he didn't know every in and out of her actions, he'd be worried he was losing his edge. "Aw, come on~," he whines. "You're already giving up? Before I've even had the chance to say anything?" Her expression hardens. "I just don't want anything to do with you right now." "You won't even hear me out?" "I don't care, Aldebaran." Asteria spreads her star-speckled wings, and shoots into the sky. As insanely fast as she is, she'll never be a match for Aldebaran. He's smaller, but faster all the same. The benefit of being younger than her, perhaps. "Come on~, don't be such a coward." His voice nearly trails off in the wind. She just glares at him, and dives. It's only a brief escape for her before he catches up again. "Just listen to me, okay?" "How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not interested." "I think I've found a way to get our powers back though!" Asteria nearly freezes mid-flight. "See? I knew you'd want to hear it~!" "And does this method not involve hurting anyone?" She's masking a quiver of fear with a growl. Aldebaran laughs, playfully circling Asteria. "Who cares, Asteria? We'll be [i]gods[/i]. What's a little loss of life in the process?" "It's a lot, Aldebaran. I'm not killing anyone, no matter what comes out of it. Get your powers back if you want, but don't involve me in the horrible mess that comes out of it." She stops simply gliding, taking off away from him. The night sky quickly cloaks her, even masking the magical signal she normally gives off, just enough that Aldebaran can no longer track her. [i]For now.[/i] He'll always find her again.
I don't have as much to say this time. Just a dynamic I've had in my head for a while. These two have an absolute disaster of a relationship I guess I would best describe as siblings who constantly argue? They're not related at all, but their origins are tightly tied together, and well... they drive each other crazy. It's messy.

Unrelated fact, but I listened to the entire new Love Live Nijigasaki album while working on this (although I did get distracted a bunch of times). It's really good! Eieisa is still my #1 favorite, followed by Yada!, Turn It Up!, and Toy Doll (although not in that exact order, probably), but I've found that I even really liked the songs I was a little iffy on before.

Featured characters: Aldebaran, Asteria

October 15 2021 wrote:
"Giving up again? That's so like you."

Aldebaran smirks at Asteria. Even as she's trying to look calm and confident, he can pick up on the smallest trembling and the forced expression.

He's known the Skydancer far too long to not notice, after all. If he didn't know every in and out of her actions, he'd be worried he was losing his edge.

"Aw, come on~," he whines. "You're already giving up? Before I've even had the chance to say anything?"

Her expression hardens. "I just don't want anything to do with you right now."

"You won't even hear me out?"

"I don't care, Aldebaran."

Asteria spreads her star-speckled wings, and shoots into the sky. As insanely fast as she is, she'll never be a match for Aldebaran. He's smaller, but faster all the same. The benefit of being younger than her, perhaps.

"Come on~, don't be such a coward." His voice nearly trails off in the wind.

She just glares at him, and dives. It's only a brief escape for her before he catches up again.

"Just listen to me, okay?"

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not interested."

"I think I've found a way to get our powers back though!"

Asteria nearly freezes mid-flight.

"See? I knew you'd want to hear it~!"

"And does this method not involve hurting anyone?" She's masking a quiver of fear with a growl.

Aldebaran laughs, playfully circling Asteria. "Who cares, Asteria? We'll be gods. What's a little loss of life in the process?"

"It's a lot, Aldebaran. I'm not killing anyone, no matter what comes out of it. Get your powers back if you want, but don't involve me in the horrible mess that comes out of it."

She stops simply gliding, taking off away from him. The night sky quickly cloaks her, even masking the magical signal she normally gives off, just enough that Aldebaran can no longer track her. For now.

He'll always find her again.
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
TW: death Decided to take a short break from writing for college apps/school and try writing for this again! Loving the new prompts! Spoilers for Mo Dao Zu Shi / The Untamed below. Set in that awkward period of time when Wei Wuxian (Wei Ying) is dead but Lan Wangji is very much in denial since no one could find the body. [center][quote=October 14 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Ghosts hide where the flowers die.[/size][/quote][/center] Crystals of white frost covered brittle brown leaves and drooping chrysanthemum petals, their soft edges frayed like crushed paper. Shards of frozen grass cracked as he stepped on them. This seemed as good a place as any. Lan Wangji carefully set down his guqin down next to the dead flowers and began to play, the soft notes of "Inquiry" filled the air, summoning the spirits around him. Shimmering masses of blue rose like smoke out of the ground and swirled, painting the entire clearing with azure light. He kept playing, asking the same desperate question he had asked every time he called to the spirits. [i]Have you seen Wei Wuxian?[/i] For years, he had been searching through the land, questioning the dead and the living alike. Some looked perplexed at why the famous Hanguang-Jun was searching for an evil man who had died years ago, torn apart by his own dark creations. Others had looked on with pity and understanding. And even though his brother and his uncle and the world all insisted that he was dead, Lan Wangji refused to stop searching. There was no way the clever Wei Ying had died at the Burial Mounds. Lan Wangji had been there himself and found nothing but the corpses of the Wen clan that Wei Ying had tried so desperately to protect. There had been no Wei Ying, dead or alive. Besides, if Wei Ying was really dead, he would have responded to Lan Wangji's "Inquiry," wouldn't he? He lifted his hands away from the strings, giving the spirits a chance to reply. A single wisp lowered onto the instrument and plucked it, just once. The note lingered. Every time, no matter who he asked, the answer was the same. [i]No.[/i] The spirits sank back into the ground, leaving only a patch of dead flowers.
TW: death

Decided to take a short break from writing for college apps/school and try writing for this again! Loving the new prompts!

Spoilers for Mo Dao Zu Shi / The Untamed below.

Set in that awkward period of time when Wei Wuxian (Wei Ying) is dead but Lan Wangji is very much in denial since no one could find the body.
October 14 2021 wrote:
Ghosts hide where the flowers die.

Crystals of white frost covered brittle brown leaves and drooping chrysanthemum petals, their soft edges frayed like crushed paper. Shards of frozen grass cracked as he stepped on them. This seemed as good a place as any.

Lan Wangji carefully set down his guqin down next to the dead flowers and began to play, the soft notes of "Inquiry" filled the air, summoning the spirits around him. Shimmering masses of blue rose like smoke out of the ground and swirled, painting the entire clearing with azure light. He kept playing, asking the same desperate question he had asked every time he called to the spirits.

Have you seen Wei Wuxian?

For years, he had been searching through the land, questioning the dead and the living alike. Some looked perplexed at why the famous Hanguang-Jun was searching for an evil man who had died years ago, torn apart by his own dark creations. Others had looked on with pity and understanding. And even though his brother and his uncle and the world all insisted that he was dead, Lan Wangji refused to stop searching. There was no way the clever Wei Ying had died at the Burial Mounds. Lan Wangji had been there himself and found nothing but the corpses of the Wen clan that Wei Ying had tried so desperately to protect. There had been no Wei Ying, dead or alive.

Besides, if Wei Ying was really dead, he would have responded to Lan Wangji's "Inquiry," wouldn't he?

He lifted his hands away from the strings, giving the spirits a chance to reply. A single wisp lowered onto the instrument and plucked it, just once. The note lingered. Every time, no matter who he asked, the answer was the same.

No.

The spirits sank back into the ground, leaving only a patch of dead flowers.
Hello! I love birds and music. And also science. zuKl4tj.png HQsa6bD.png
[quote] What do you say to someone who's seen it all?[/quote] Warning: Death Gemstone stood on the cliff. He heard crumbling from beneath his talons, he will soon fall. But it was just a scary dream, he will wake up in his bed, in his room, with his tail wrapped around his pearl. Soon he will be laughing at the dream, it is just a nightmare, after all. His deep blue eyes which looked like swirls looked at the cliff edge. There were sharp rocks beneath his feet, he shuddered as he thought, “What if I fell in?” Soon, the cliff edge tumbled into the rocky water. He hit a rock, and bled out into the icy water. He tried to fly, but his wings wouldn’t move. He drifted deeper and deeper and deeper. He felt his consciousness slip away. Finally, he’s going to wake up and laugh away his fears. [i]drip drip[/i] He did wake up in his room, but he couldn’t move. He felt [i]really really[/i] cold. He shivered. Then, he realized. “I’m just in sleep paralysis! How could I not have seen that one coming! Soon, I will be able to move and continue my day!” Gemstone thought to himself. Then, a voice echoed around the room, and in the pearlcatcher’s mind. [i]Gemstone, choose your new name.[/i] Gemstone whispered. “Mrisha.” Then everything went black. When he woke up, his vision was fuzzy, and he stood up. Mrisha looked in the mirror. Something was wrong. He felt dead-cold, and his eyes were..swirly white? He went to feel his pulse, when a dragon’s heart acts sort of weird, they’re known to sometimes changing element. He felt nothing. He looked at his wings. They were covered in stars, and his body looked shiny. There were some flowers growing on his back, also starry in color. His tail, mane, fur-tufts, and talons were covered in stars, and on his pearl was a crack. Around the crack there was a black stain, and out of the crack grew the same purple flowers that decorated his back. He put on paw to his heart; a tradition amongst pearlcatchers when their pearls cracked. “Your heart still beats, that’s what matters.” The clan leader would say. Then Mrisha noticed something strange. [i]There was no beat[/i]. Then, he realized. [i]He was dead[/i]. [quote] "Giving up again? That's so like you."[/quote] One with a new OC! Opal stood in front of the brick wall. “I can’t do it!” She admitted. “I just can’t!” “Come on, Opal!” Her friend, Diamond cheered her on. “You can do it, and if you can’t, then I will help you!” Opal sighed. “Are you even sure we can do this?” “Of course.” Diamond said. “Just..Only one of us can go there, the god place, I mean.” “Then you should go.” Opal sighed. “Fine. Here goes nothing..” She closed her eyes, and summoned a flame. That was a portal, a portal to the other side of the wall, where the portal to the land of the gods was. The portal worked. “You can open your eyes now.” Diamond breathed, staring at the portal her friend just made. They walked through, and there it was, the portal. “Listen, I think you should go.” Opal said to Diamond. “No, you should go.” “[b]Please[/b].” Opal insisted with tears in her eyes. “Just go.” Then, she watched as her friend walked into the portal and vanished. “Giving up again? That’s sooo like you.” A voice said behind her. “How much have you seen?” Opal asked, furious. Before her stood her school bully. “Nothing at all.” The girl shrugged. “I don’t even care. You believe that you’re a chosen one, that the gods gave you powers, but you don’t have powers.” “SHUT UP!” Opal yelled, all the light from the street quickly going dim. “SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!” “Geez, it’s nothing personal, just you suck.” [i]We’ll see who sucks. We’ll see who’s garbage. We’ll see who has no powers![/i] Opal thought to herself, smiling. She breathed in. A flame lit up in her hand. [i]Time to reveal my true form, even if I can’t hold it forever..[/i] She then became a cat-like person. The girl rolled her eyes. “This is just some stupid kind of role-play.” “We’ll see about that.” Opal grinned, and quickly lit a small flame on her enemie’s boots. Then, she walked away. She walked away to try to make a new friend. Now that her first ever friend is with the gods, she’ll try to find another friend. As she was thinking about that, the portal exploded. “WHAT?!” Opal screamed, her eyes wide. Then, Diamond ran to her. “It didn’t work.” She said simply. “I-I don’t know how to react.” “Did that kid try to beat you up?” Diamond asked. Opal looked at her with a How-did-you-guess look on her face. “Again?” Diamond said. “That kid just doesn’t know her limits! Why does she even think she can throw two teenagers with powers out the window and [i]win[/i]?” “Well, I don’t know!” Opal laughed. “I set her boots on fire, nothing much. She’s gonna be fine.” “Yeah, that the least you can do.”
Quote:
What do you say to someone who's seen it all?

Warning: Death

Gemstone stood on the cliff. He heard crumbling from beneath his talons, he will soon fall. But it was just a scary dream, he will wake up in his bed, in his room, with his tail wrapped around his pearl. Soon he will be laughing at the dream, it is just a nightmare, after all.

His deep blue eyes which looked like swirls looked at the cliff edge. There were sharp rocks beneath his feet, he shuddered as he thought, “What if I fell in?”

Soon, the cliff edge tumbled into the rocky water.

He hit a rock, and bled out into the icy water. He tried to fly, but his wings wouldn’t move. He drifted deeper and deeper and deeper.

He felt his consciousness slip away. Finally, he’s going to wake up and laugh away his fears.

drip drip

He did wake up in his room, but he couldn’t move. He felt really really cold. He shivered.

Then, he realized. “I’m just in sleep paralysis! How could I not have seen that one coming! Soon, I will be able to move and continue my day!” Gemstone thought to himself.

Then, a voice echoed around the room, and in the pearlcatcher’s mind. Gemstone, choose your new name.

Gemstone whispered. “Mrisha.” Then everything went black.

When he woke up, his vision was fuzzy, and he stood up.

Mrisha looked in the mirror. Something was wrong. He felt dead-cold, and his eyes were..swirly white?

He went to feel his pulse, when a dragon’s heart acts sort of weird, they’re known to sometimes changing element. He felt nothing.

He looked at his wings. They were covered in stars, and his body looked shiny. There were some flowers growing on his back, also starry in color. His tail, mane, fur-tufts, and talons were covered in stars, and on his pearl was a crack.

Around the crack there was a black stain, and out of the crack grew the same purple flowers that decorated his back.

He put on paw to his heart; a tradition amongst pearlcatchers when their pearls cracked. “Your heart still beats, that’s what matters.” The clan leader would say.

Then Mrisha noticed something strange. There was no beat.

Then, he realized. He was dead.
Quote:
"Giving up again? That's so like you."

One with a new OC!

Opal stood in front of the brick wall. “I can’t do it!” She admitted. “I just can’t!”

“Come on, Opal!” Her friend, Diamond cheered her on. “You can do it, and if you can’t, then I will help you!”

Opal sighed. “Are you even sure we can do this?”

“Of course.” Diamond said.

“Just..Only one of us can go there, the god place, I mean.”

“Then you should go.”

Opal sighed. “Fine. Here goes nothing..” She closed her eyes, and summoned a flame. That was a portal, a portal to the other side of the wall, where the portal to the land of the gods was.

The portal worked.

“You can open your eyes now.” Diamond breathed, staring at the portal her friend just made.

They walked through, and there it was, the portal.

“Listen, I think you should go.” Opal said to Diamond.

“No, you should go.”

Please.” Opal insisted with tears in her eyes. “Just go.”

Then, she watched as her friend walked into the portal and vanished.

“Giving up again? That’s sooo like you.” A voice said behind her.

“How much have you seen?” Opal asked, furious. Before her stood her school bully.

“Nothing at all.” The girl shrugged. “I don’t even care. You believe that you’re a chosen one, that the gods gave you powers, but you don’t have powers.”

“SHUT UP!” Opal yelled, all the light from the street quickly going dim. “SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!”

“Geez, it’s nothing personal, just you suck.”

We’ll see who sucks. We’ll see who’s garbage. We’ll see who has no powers! Opal thought to herself, smiling.

She breathed in. A flame lit up in her hand.

Time to reveal my true form, even if I can’t hold it forever..

She then became a cat-like person.

The girl rolled her eyes. “This is just some stupid kind of role-play.”

“We’ll see about that.” Opal grinned, and quickly lit a small flame on her enemie’s boots.

Then, she walked away. She walked away to try to make a new friend. Now that her first ever friend is with the gods, she’ll try to find another friend.

As she was thinking about that, the portal exploded.

“WHAT?!” Opal screamed, her eyes wide.

Then, Diamond ran to her. “It didn’t work.” She said simply.

“I-I don’t know how to react.”

“Did that kid try to beat you up?” Diamond asked.

Opal looked at her with a How-did-you-guess look on her face.

“Again?” Diamond said. “That kid just doesn’t know her limits! Why does she even think she can throw two teenagers with powers out the window and win?”

“Well, I don’t know!” Opal laughed. “I set her boots on fire, nothing much. She’s gonna be fine.”

“Yeah, that the least you can do.”
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
[center][quote=October 16 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]The stars are out. They feel like one of them.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68165041]Aquitania[/url] Feedback is welcome as always! (The flower meanings come from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2662548/1]this lovely thread[/url]!) [quote=October 14 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Ghosts hide where the flowers die.[/size][/quote] Normally, Aquitania doesn't particularly like gardening, and even now she's trying very hard not to let too much dirt under her claws. But this, she's decided, is a worthy cause: she's planting a memorial garden for an old friend. First, in the center of the garden, she places a tall flowering cactus. Her friend had loved cactus flowers, she recalls, and this one has blossoms that match her piercing teal eyes - eyes Aquitania still remembers so clearly, even though nearly three years have passed. The cactus itself is a lot like her old friend too: like her, it has a prickly exterior hiding a soft, lonely heart. Around the base of the cactus is a ring of always-autumns. According to the floriography guide she borrowed from Edelweiss, these symbolize hatred, and Aquitania is using them to further represent her old friend's anger toward the world and even her own family. Then come the marigolds, symbolizing death and mourning despite their vibrant orange petals. The book says they can also be used to represent jealousy, and Aquitania's friend had definitely been jealous of one of her sisters. Along the low stone wall around her small garden plot, Aquitania plants three rose bushes: one with red flowers, one with blossoms the color of red wine, and one with soft yellow petals. The yellow symbolizes friendship as well as jealousy; the wine represents unconscious beauty, because Aquitania's friend had been so insecure and yet so gorgeous. The red roses symbolize love, and Aquitania's heart aches when she plants them. Once again, she mentally kicks herself for not confessing her feelings sooner. She wishes she could plant a speckled fire lily to symbolize separation and loss, but they don't grow well in the Sunbeam Ruins and especially not so close to the sea. So she substitutes forget-me-nots instead, planting them in a neat little heart-shaped patch bordered by the same small, shiny rocks she's been using to cordon off the other plants as well. On the opposite side of the cactus, she makes another heart-shaped bed and fills this one with violets, representing her love for her friend. Then she plants a row of tulip bulbs along the garden wall beside the roses. These will blossom into black tulips, which represent fame and royalty. She thinks this is fitting, considering how desperately her friend had wanted to be remembered. She mixes lace lantanas with royal ones, representing a hope that her friend, wherever she is now, can finally reconcile with the sister she hated so much. Then she plants several maiden's blush plants, representing the way she'd met her friend in the first place: a chance meeting backstage at a pageant, where her friend had gone to hide away from the insecurity she felt while looking at the beauty queens on the stage. Aquitania remembers that first meeting as clear as day. She'd left the stage to make way for the next contestant, and after changing her outfit she'd taken the opportunity to explore a bit, because this was a new venue and she hadn't quite gotten used to the layout yet. That was when she'd encountered a young skydancer around her age, crying softly in a storage room, and she'd tried her best to comfort the stranger, even though she hadn't yet learned what was wrong. She remembers how after the pageant they'd met up again, and both of them had learned that the other would be in the area for another day before heading home. They'd spent the next day together, talking for hours, and each of them realized just how lonely they had been. Then they'd become pen pals - Aquitania still has the letters her friend sent her - and then they'd met up again the next time Aquitania went to the Shifting Expanse. She sighs at the memory, and tears well up in her eyes. A deep sense of melancholy settles over her, forcing her to sit back for a moment while she waits for it to pass. Above her, a cloud passes in front of the sun, and when it moves away she forces herself to get back to work. The final plants are carnaval tulips, because the book says they can be used to compliment a recipient's eyes and Aquitania still wants to see that piercing teal-blue stare again. Once she plants these, she sits back on her haunches and looks up at the sky, allowing tears to run freely down her face. Instinctively, she reaches for her pearl, held safely in its pouch against her chest, and then she jerks her talons away, remembering that her claws are covered in dirt. Instead, she takes to the sky, soaring over the village and then down over the side of the cliffs, alighting on the docks below. There's nobody here, and so she cries while washing her talons off in the sea. Once she's rid herself of all the dirt, Aquitania returns to her home, takes a moment to hold her pearl close to her chest in order to soothe herself a bit, and then she retrieves a small sign she's made for her garden. She brings the sign outside and sticks it into the ground in front of the cactus, and then she steps back to look at it all. The earth is churned up where the tulip bulbs are buried, but everything else looks neat and tidy, from the roses to the violets. The always-autumns look almost like a little fence, guarding the cactus, which stands tall and proud in the center of everything. At its base is the little sign, inscribed with elegantly-painted letters: [i]For my darling, Britannic[/i].
Characters: Aquitania
Feedback is welcome as always!
(The flower meanings come from this lovely thread!)
October 14 2021 wrote:
Ghosts hide where the flowers die.

Normally, Aquitania doesn't particularly like gardening, and even now she's trying very hard not to let too much dirt under her claws. But this, she's decided, is a worthy cause: she's planting a memorial garden for an old friend.

First, in the center of the garden, she places a tall flowering cactus. Her friend had loved cactus flowers, she recalls, and this one has blossoms that match her piercing teal eyes - eyes Aquitania still remembers so clearly, even though nearly three years have passed. The cactus itself is a lot like her old friend too: like her, it has a prickly exterior hiding a soft, lonely heart.

Around the base of the cactus is a ring of always-autumns. According to the floriography guide she borrowed from Edelweiss, these symbolize hatred, and Aquitania is using them to further represent her old friend's anger toward the world and even her own family. Then come the marigolds, symbolizing death and mourning despite their vibrant orange petals. The book says they can also be used to represent jealousy, and Aquitania's friend had definitely been jealous of one of her sisters.

Along the low stone wall around her small garden plot, Aquitania plants three rose bushes: one with red flowers, one with blossoms the color of red wine, and one with soft yellow petals. The yellow symbolizes friendship as well as jealousy; the wine represents unconscious beauty, because Aquitania's friend had been so insecure and yet so gorgeous. The red roses symbolize love, and Aquitania's heart aches when she plants them. Once again, she mentally kicks herself for not confessing her feelings sooner.

She wishes she could plant a speckled fire lily to symbolize separation and loss, but they don't grow well in the Sunbeam Ruins and especially not so close to the sea. So she substitutes forget-me-nots instead, planting them in a neat little heart-shaped patch bordered by the same small, shiny rocks she's been using to cordon off the other plants as well.

On the opposite side of the cactus, she makes another heart-shaped bed and fills this one with violets, representing her love for her friend. Then she plants a row of tulip bulbs along the garden wall beside the roses. These will blossom into black tulips, which represent fame and royalty. She thinks this is fitting, considering how desperately her friend had wanted to be remembered.

She mixes lace lantanas with royal ones, representing a hope that her friend, wherever she is now, can finally reconcile with the sister she hated so much. Then she plants several maiden's blush plants, representing the way she'd met her friend in the first place: a chance meeting backstage at a pageant, where her friend had gone to hide away from the insecurity she felt while looking at the beauty queens on the stage.

Aquitania remembers that first meeting as clear as day. She'd left the stage to make way for the next contestant, and after changing her outfit she'd taken the opportunity to explore a bit, because this was a new venue and she hadn't quite gotten used to the layout yet. That was when she'd encountered a young skydancer around her age, crying softly in a storage room, and she'd tried her best to comfort the stranger, even though she hadn't yet learned what was wrong.

She remembers how after the pageant they'd met up again, and both of them had learned that the other would be in the area for another day before heading home. They'd spent the next day together, talking for hours, and each of them realized just how lonely they had been. Then they'd become pen pals - Aquitania still has the letters her friend sent her - and then they'd met up again the next time Aquitania went to the Shifting Expanse.

She sighs at the memory, and tears well up in her eyes. A deep sense of melancholy settles over her, forcing her to sit back for a moment while she waits for it to pass. Above her, a cloud passes in front of the sun, and when it moves away she forces herself to get back to work.

The final plants are carnaval tulips, because the book says they can be used to compliment a recipient's eyes and Aquitania still wants to see that piercing teal-blue stare again. Once she plants these, she sits back on her haunches and looks up at the sky, allowing tears to run freely down her face. Instinctively, she reaches for her pearl, held safely in its pouch against her chest, and then she jerks her talons away, remembering that her claws are covered in dirt. Instead, she takes to the sky, soaring over the village and then down over the side of the cliffs, alighting on the docks below. There's nobody here, and so she cries while washing her talons off in the sea.

Once she's rid herself of all the dirt, Aquitania returns to her home, takes a moment to hold her pearl close to her chest in order to soothe herself a bit, and then she retrieves a small sign she's made for her garden. She brings the sign outside and sticks it into the ground in front of the cactus, and then she steps back to look at it all.

The earth is churned up where the tulip bulbs are buried, but everything else looks neat and tidy, from the roses to the violets. The always-autumns look almost like a little fence, guarding the cactus, which stands tall and proud in the center of everything. At its base is the little sign, inscribed with elegantly-painted letters:

For my darling, Britannic.
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
This one is [i]so hard[/i]. So I had to try. [center][quote=October 10 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]If their wings are scale or feather, then what of their heart?[/size][/quote][/center] Everything is wrong. [i]Not everything can be wrong.[/i] [b]Everything[/b] is wrong. [i]You and your hubris. The proud go to foolish heights, and drop themselves to the lowest depths. Not everything is wrong, and not everyone is against you. Nor yours. Crawl out of yourself, Grum.[/i] Grum did not answer himself, or whatever voice it was from the past that spoke to him and his spiraling thoughts. It wasn't worth answering, because his advice was as stubborn as he was, and it wouldn't stop calling him out for being a prideful old dragon who was looking at the world through gloomy lens. Trundle was talking. He'd heard a lot of her talk recently, because after the Arcane Festival, and events that led him to get kicked out, he struggled to sleep. Usually her voice made him tired. Somehow, she always spoke to the beat of her feet, but there just wasn't any rest. "---dragons fly. So I tried. I tried and fell. Survivors get up, but I don't want to. Flying is the worst. Touch the ground. Feel the life. Air hasn't life. Like fae words hasn't life. Maybe 'cause they fly always." Trundle's voice broke, and Grum knew she was crying. He'd learned that she knew how to cry without waking him, but he also knew this was a new skill. Before Arcane, Trundle could speak goodness into an emperor. Everything in the world delighted her, and Glory'd had the time of her life crowing about Grum allowing Trundle to grow spitting poison plants and thorny vine snatchers because she'd delighted in those. Then she'd marched in and lectured Trundle for hours about ecosystems and habitats. The plague snapper had been delighted to get lectured and begged Glory to come with them to the festival, and was torn two ways between that and wanting to stay and watch how she pruned their plants back. Grum was almost asleep as his mind wandered to those memories, but Trundle began to speak again. "Will fly." Her voice was terrified. Grum sat up in bed, "Eh, plenty 'nough t'do in t'world without flyin'. 'sides, snappers don't fly, not really. Ask Sedaria when she returns." "Must fly." Trundle looked at Grum with a mixture of hope trying to fight away terror and...well, that was the face she gave Grum when he made her do things like bathe and gag down medicines worse than moldy milk. Grum remained silent as she controlled her breath, ears forward and eyes not leaving hers. "Don't want Plague blessing. Take back." "Is that all?" Grum sighed and stood. He walked around Trundle, taking the briefest moment when she wasn't able to see his face to glance fearfully at the window and ground. She hadn't said that into the land, had she? But it was a moment, and he'd composed himself to look as if he was considering new scratches and gentle childhood scares. He snuffed all about her. "Hmm." "Grow legs." Trundle continued to explain, "And fly." Ah.... aaah! Not all of Trundle's reasoning clicked, but the parts that mattered at the moment did. Grum snuffed at her backside, and then at her wings, and then pretended to examine all around her wings before moving to her front legs and looking all around there, too. He paused for a great long while with an ear rested on her chest. Instead of backing away and losing patience for standing still, as she normally would have, Trundle rested her head on top of Grum's, and wrapped an arm around his neck. She played with his lengthening autumn fur. [i]Everything is wrong.[/i] His own thoughts felt intrusive and unwanted. Grum felt the weight of the matter, the fear of saying the wrong thing thumped almost louder in his ears than Trundle's heartbeat. How did he prevent her from whispering dangerous thoughts into the Plaguebringer's own lands? [i]So this is the great and grand Grum? Brought so low. By a....[/i] Those words were memories, and the sentence ended a different way. He remembered the sad smell. Everything really was wrong. "Well, Trundle, 'grats. Yo're made'a'flesh. Scaly hide 'n' scaly wings, nerve endings 'nd heartbeats. You were born onto Plague, so Plague ya are." [i]~Nono, I'm a fire nocturne! Fire!~[/i] Grum shoved the thought away. "Ya weren't hatched perfect. I'm sorry, 'at's notta blessing. But y' were hatched determined to outlast odds, 'nd determined to see the beauty in everything. That's plague, 'nd the content of y'r heart. You're connected to the land, 'nd that's the snapper in ya." [i]~Hah, I'm gonna be a mirror! A fire mirror!~ ~For [b]her[/b]? What about me?~[/i] "Plaguebringer's blessing is that y' speak into 'er land, 'nd m'be more. Some can hear it, but I can't. Y' must be careful what ya say. Some survive by harming, 'nd ya learned that at the festival." He pulled away so he could look at her eyes, and so that he could shove away the ghostly memories floating in his mind. "My fault." "No, mine. I'm gonna stop tryin' to beg 'n' plead for a wheely thing like y're not living already, like someone's goin' to come and take ya just 'cause y're different. We're gonna start surviving, 'cause if even y'r weird plants 'nd rocks 'nd critters are amazing 'nd beautiful like you say, then y're more so. We just hafta find the way that's right for us." "Not think fail me? Not sell lifelong?" Oh. And that was the full of it, was it? She wasn't upset at herself, entirely. She was upset with how it affected him. She'd really absorbed the fight, the price, and his concerns, huh? "Nah, 'n next month is t'Plague Peace Festival. Won't say ol' Grum can't go to his own, will they? You'll see some real survivors then. Bet they got thoughts." The way Grum's eyes glinted as he actually looked forward to the thought was the final healing balm to everything for Trundle. It was immediately apparent in how she backed away, and she didn't try to put on any sort of show. He finally didn't look burdened by sadness. She twirled on one foot and started to march to the door. That had been far too much time standing still. With her back turned, Grum's posture slumped again. He turned to his bed to try to get some kind of rest. [i]That's it? You just sold a lifelong fellow out like that? Awh, don't think like that. Awh, that's right. Not lightning, but fire. Not nocturne, but mirror. Shoulda known better, if you'd break with your deity and family, you'd be willing to break y'friends too. Grum, you're not even trying to understand! By Plaguebringer's breath, Vera, if she comes back this way, I will show her exactly why she should believe what she does about the Plague Lands. Either change her beliefs, or watch the consequences of that. I thought you'd be happy for me. Yeah, and I thought I could trust you. May the roads look badly on you both.[/i] He remembered that when Vera flew off, the lightning sparks on his wings had looked like feathers. He wondered what kind of heart really laid inside a dragon who so easily took on the appearance of something else.
This one is so hard. So I had to try.
October 10 2021 wrote:
If their wings are scale or feather, then what of their heart?

Everything is wrong.

Not everything can be wrong.

Everything is wrong.

You and your hubris. The proud go to foolish heights, and drop themselves to the lowest depths. Not everything is wrong, and not everyone is against you. Nor yours. Crawl out of yourself, Grum.

Grum did not answer himself, or whatever voice it was from the past that spoke to him and his spiraling thoughts. It wasn't worth answering, because his advice was as stubborn as he was, and it wouldn't stop calling him out for being a prideful old dragon who was looking at the world through gloomy lens.

Trundle was talking. He'd heard a lot of her talk recently, because after the Arcane Festival, and events that led him to get kicked out, he struggled to sleep. Usually her voice made him tired. Somehow, she always spoke to the beat of her feet, but there just wasn't any rest.

"---dragons fly. So I tried. I tried and fell. Survivors get up, but I don't want to. Flying is the worst. Touch the ground. Feel the life. Air hasn't life. Like fae words hasn't life. Maybe 'cause they fly always."

Trundle's voice broke, and Grum knew she was crying. He'd learned that she knew how to cry without waking him, but he also knew this was a new skill. Before Arcane, Trundle could speak goodness into an emperor. Everything in the world delighted her, and Glory'd had the time of her life crowing about Grum allowing Trundle to grow spitting poison plants and thorny vine snatchers because she'd delighted in those. Then she'd marched in and lectured Trundle for hours about ecosystems and habitats. The plague snapper had been delighted to get lectured and begged Glory to come with them to the festival, and was torn two ways between that and wanting to stay and watch how she pruned their plants back.

Grum was almost asleep as his mind wandered to those memories, but Trundle began to speak again.

"Will fly." Her voice was terrified.

Grum sat up in bed, "Eh, plenty 'nough t'do in t'world without flyin'. 'sides, snappers don't fly, not really. Ask Sedaria when she returns."

"Must fly." Trundle looked at Grum with a mixture of hope trying to fight away terror and...well, that was the face she gave Grum when he made her do things like bathe and gag down medicines worse than moldy milk. Grum remained silent as she controlled her breath, ears forward and eyes not leaving hers. "Don't want Plague blessing. Take back."

"Is that all?" Grum sighed and stood. He walked around Trundle, taking the briefest moment when she wasn't able to see his face to glance fearfully at the window and ground. She hadn't said that into the land, had she? But it was a moment, and he'd composed himself to look as if he was considering new scratches and gentle childhood scares. He snuffed all about her. "Hmm."

"Grow legs." Trundle continued to explain, "And fly."

Ah.... aaah! Not all of Trundle's reasoning clicked, but the parts that mattered at the moment did. Grum snuffed at her backside, and then at her wings, and then pretended to examine all around her wings before moving to her front legs and looking all around there, too. He paused for a great long while with an ear rested on her chest.

Instead of backing away and losing patience for standing still, as she normally would have, Trundle rested her head on top of Grum's, and wrapped an arm around his neck. She played with his lengthening autumn fur.

Everything is wrong. His own thoughts felt intrusive and unwanted.

Grum felt the weight of the matter, the fear of saying the wrong thing thumped almost louder in his ears than Trundle's heartbeat. How did he prevent her from whispering dangerous thoughts into the Plaguebringer's own lands?

So this is the great and grand Grum? Brought so low. By a.... Those words were memories, and the sentence ended a different way.

He remembered the sad smell. Everything really was wrong.

"Well, Trundle, 'grats. Yo're made'a'flesh. Scaly hide 'n' scaly wings, nerve endings 'nd heartbeats. You were born onto Plague, so Plague ya are."

~Nono, I'm a fire nocturne! Fire!~

Grum shoved the thought away. "Ya weren't hatched perfect. I'm sorry, 'at's notta blessing. But y' were hatched determined to outlast odds, 'nd determined to see the beauty in everything. That's plague, 'nd the content of y'r heart. You're connected to the land, 'nd that's the snapper in ya."

~Hah, I'm gonna be a mirror! A fire mirror!~
~For her? What about me?~

"Plaguebringer's blessing is that y' speak into 'er land, 'nd m'be more. Some can hear it, but I can't. Y' must be careful what ya say. Some survive by harming, 'nd ya learned that at the festival." He pulled away so he could look at her eyes, and so that he could shove away the ghostly memories floating in his mind.

"My fault."

"No, mine. I'm gonna stop tryin' to beg 'n' plead for a wheely thing like y're not living already, like someone's goin' to come and take ya just 'cause y're different. We're gonna start surviving, 'cause if even y'r weird plants 'nd rocks 'nd critters are amazing 'nd beautiful like you say, then y're more so. We just hafta find the way that's right for us."

"Not think fail me? Not sell lifelong?"

Oh. And that was the full of it, was it? She wasn't upset at herself, entirely. She was upset with how it affected him. She'd really absorbed the fight, the price, and his concerns, huh?

"Nah, 'n next month is t'Plague Peace Festival. Won't say ol' Grum can't go to his own, will they? You'll see some real survivors then. Bet they got thoughts."

The way Grum's eyes glinted as he actually looked forward to the thought was the final healing balm to everything for Trundle. It was immediately apparent in how she backed away, and she didn't try to put on any sort of show. He finally didn't look burdened by sadness. She twirled on one foot and started to march to the door. That had been far too much time standing still.

With her back turned, Grum's posture slumped again. He turned to his bed to try to get some kind of rest.

That's it? You just sold a lifelong fellow out like that?
Awh, don't think like that.
Awh, that's right. Not lightning, but fire. Not nocturne, but mirror. Shoulda known better, if you'd break with your deity and family, you'd be willing to break y'friends too.
Grum, you're not even trying to understand!
By Plaguebringer's breath, Vera, if she comes back this way, I will show her exactly why she should believe what she does about the Plague Lands. Either change her beliefs, or watch the consequences of that.
I thought you'd be happy for me.
Yeah, and I thought I could trust you. May the roads look badly on you both.

He remembered that when Vera flew off, the lightning sparks on his wings had looked like feathers. He wondered what kind of heart really laid inside a dragon who so easily took on the appearance of something else.
...signature loading....
[center]today's prompt is a submission from @/Illusia! feel free to pm me prompts, but be aware that there's a bit of a backlog as of rn so it will likely be a while before it's utilized.[quote=October 17 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Revenge leaves you empty," they say. As if it's a bad thing.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Hello peoples! I’m just here to like have what all the dragons names mean in my stories! I get all of them from Latin words, or variations of Latin words, so they all sound kind of strange haha. Also breeds and stuff.

Errare means Wander, and shes a Skydancer
Viator means Traveler, and shes also a Skydancer too
Spes means Hope, and shes a Imperial (slightly small one though)
Conatus means Tried (like trying), and hes a Skydancer as well

I am working on my next story for todays prompt! I dont know if ill be done today or tomorrow but one of those two!
Hello peoples! I’m just here to like have what all the dragons names mean in my stories! I get all of them from Latin words, or variations of Latin words, so they all sound kind of strange haha. Also breeds and stuff.

Errare means Wander, and shes a Skydancer
Viator means Traveler, and shes also a Skydancer too
Spes means Hope, and shes a Imperial (slightly small one though)
Conatus means Tried (like trying), and hes a Skydancer as well

I am working on my next story for todays prompt! I dont know if ill be done today or tomorrow but one of those two!
“With great power comes great need to take a nap.”-Nico Di Angelo, The Last Olympian
[center][quote=October 18 2021][font=century gothic][size=5][i]Come home soon,[/i] they wrote in delicate clawscript. [i]Wish you were here.[/i][/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote] The stars are out. They feel like one of them.[/quote] Druden stretched his long, copper body. It was time for him to start guarding the wall, the sun was going down. He opened his glowing green eyes, casting an eerie glow on his face in the dark room. He slithered off his bed, as he does most evenings. He walked down the cobbled pathways, towards the edge of the clan. There, he climbed the old wooden ladder. He was about half way up, when adrenaline shot through his body. “This ladder has been here for hundreds of years, it’s not going to collapse now.” He comforted himself. Then he climbed faster, and soon he was on the wall. Time passes quickly when you’re excited for sometimes, mainly because you keep thinking about it. That’s the same for Druden, and soon nightfall came. He gazed down, looking for dragons coming in, or coming out. “Gotta look out for Vulture coming through there,” Opal said gruffly to him the other day. “She might slink away during the night, like the vermin that she is.” And so, Druden sat on the wall, each night the same. This was his life. [i]Some dragons may ask him how does he not get bored. But they just don’t understand.. ..During the night, the stars are out, and Druden likes knowing that his family is still there[/i]. [quote] "Revenge leaves you empty," they say. As if it's a bad thing.[/quote] [b]Day 31, Monday[/b] “My name is Vulture.” I said, getting no response from the dragons that the gods wanted no longer. “My name is Vulture.” I repeat, this time more firmly. There were mutters and whispers and hisses. Scarred feet and tails shift into more comfortable positions. I wait, starting to get uneasy. “This will all be worth it in the end.” I tell myself. “And?” A coatl asks from the corner. “How should I know that you are worthy of my time?” The coatl was but a child, but it was clear that her lightning magic was stronger than a powerful lightning mage’s. “I need revenge.” I said. “Revenge leaves you empty.” They say. As if it’s a bad thing. The hatchling has joined me, she seems to understand, but every time I bring up the word revenge, she seems close to tears. I haven’t the slightest idea why. [quote] Come home soon, they wrote in delicate clawscript. Wish you were here.[/quote] The small blue coatl closed her pale cyan eyes and flopped into bed. Then, she began writing. [center][i]Dear Sea, I miss you so much. I think about you every day, every night. Remember the time when I gave you a flower? Remember when we collected buttons together? Remember..remember when I left? It feels so long ago, but it has only been a few weeks. My siblings thought that only dragons who fell in love feel like this, and say “I love you” but, I don’t think that’s true anymore. I don’t like what I do now, but the Stormcatcher didn’t want me anymore because I didn’t work hard enough. I did. I worked hard to make you happy. If I don’t see you again, please remember all the tea parties we used to have. Please remember the times when we would bring all the pillows and blankets and plushies and cups to my tree house. -With love, Bolt[/i] [/center] Then she put it under her pillow, and with a snap of her talons, the light went dim. Then, she whispered. “I’ll send it out in the morning.” What she didn’t know was that a fae, far, far away wrote a letter. [center][i]Dear Bolt, I miss you.[/i][/center] The letter was short, but if Bolt was there to see it, it would mean the world to her. [i]Come home soon,[/i] He wrote in delicate clawscript. [i]Wish you were here.[/i]
Quote:
The stars are out. They feel like one of them.

Druden stretched his long, copper body. It was time for him to start guarding the wall, the sun was going down. He opened his glowing green eyes, casting an eerie glow on his face in the dark room. He slithered off his bed, as he does most evenings. He walked down the cobbled pathways, towards the edge of the clan. There, he climbed the old wooden ladder.

He was about half way up, when adrenaline shot through his body.

“This ladder has been here for hundreds of years, it’s not going to collapse now.” He comforted himself. Then he climbed faster, and soon he was on the wall.

Time passes quickly when you’re excited for sometimes, mainly because you keep thinking about it. That’s the same for Druden, and soon nightfall came.

He gazed down, looking for dragons coming in, or coming out.

“Gotta look out for Vulture coming through there,” Opal said gruffly to him the other day. “She might slink away during the night, like the vermin that she is.”

And so, Druden sat on the wall, each night the same. This was his life.

Some dragons may ask him how does he not get bored. But they just don’t understand..

..During the night, the stars are out,
and Druden likes knowing that his family is still there
Quote:
"Revenge leaves you empty," they say. As if it's a bad thing.

Day 31, Monday
“My name is Vulture.” I said, getting no response from the dragons that the gods wanted no longer. “My name is Vulture.” I repeat, this time more firmly.

There were mutters and whispers and hisses. Scarred feet and tails shift into more comfortable positions.

I wait, starting to get uneasy. “This will all be worth it in the end.” I tell myself.

“And?” A coatl asks from the corner. “How should I know that you are worthy of my time?”

The coatl was but a child, but it was clear that her lightning magic was stronger than a powerful lightning mage’s.

“I need revenge.” I said.

“Revenge leaves you empty.” They say. As if it’s a bad thing.

The hatchling has joined me, she seems to understand, but every time I bring up the word revenge, she seems close to tears. I haven’t the slightest idea why.
Quote:
Come home soon, they wrote in delicate clawscript. Wish you were here.

The small blue coatl closed her pale cyan eyes and flopped into bed. Then, she began writing.
Dear Sea, I miss you so much. I think about you every day, every night.

Remember the time when I gave you a flower? Remember when we collected buttons together? Remember..remember when I left?

It feels so long ago, but it has only been a few weeks.

My siblings thought that only dragons who fell in love feel like this, and say “I love you” but, I don’t think that’s true anymore.

I don’t like what I do now, but the Stormcatcher didn’t want me anymore because I didn’t work hard enough. I did. I worked hard to make you happy.

If I don’t see you again, please remember all the tea parties we used to have. Please remember the times when we would bring all the pillows and blankets and plushies and cups to my tree house.

-With love, Bolt

Then she put it under her pillow, and with a snap of her talons, the light went dim.

Then, she whispered. “I’ll send it out in the morning.”

What she didn’t know was that a fae, far, far away wrote a letter.
Dear Bolt, I miss you.
The letter was short, but if Bolt was there to see it, it would mean the world to her.

Come home soon, He wrote in delicate clawscript. Wish you were here.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png