Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 165 166
[center]today's prompt is a submission from @/Illusia! feel free to pm me prompts, but be aware that there's a bit of a backlog as of rn so it will likely be a while before it's utilized.[quote=October 25 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]When you're making something by hand, you need to leave some of it imperfect. Otherwise it has no personality, no soul.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Gonna respond first, and then I'll get to a new story (finally). [quote]ooh, i'm instantly enraptured by her narrative voice. very sorrowful and sympathetic, in a sense? hmm, idk words to describe, but it's very beautiful. the setting is cool as well, with K being the leader of a band and all—are they all dragons in your piece here, or humans? :P[/quote] Dragon people, just like my lore in general! If I have a fandragon and write stuff here for them, assume that's always the case. :3 Kanade is just one of my favorite characters to write, honestly, her speaking style is surprisingly distinct for a character who is actually rather quiet. (The 25ji main story being primarily from her perspective probably helps though, especially combined with her being one of my favorites in general.) [quote]for aldebran and asteria's sibling... conflict (idk what to call it), their relationship is really interesting. aldebran definitely seems to be the more boisterous of the two, also a bit pushy. the fact that they used to be 'gods' is interesting, what sort of powers would you need loss of life to get back?[/quote] They're this thing I created that I ended up calling celestial spirits! Me and my friends jokingly call them baby gods sometimes, but they're more like magical protectors of solar systems... when they're fully grown. Normally, they're dropped onto some planet with a well-established society and left to not only develop their powers, but grow a general sense of understanding of life and how to care for it. They initially appear as the primary species of the society on their planet, but turn into the start of their real forms when they're partially through childhood. Once in their fully grown protector form, they [i]are[/i] essentially gods. They're immortal as long as the star is alive, and they can influence how life can develop on any of the planets under their care. But while they're growing, they still have some powers that are fairly impressive. Flight, enhanced strength, accelerated healing (in the adulthood of their disguise species, it reaches a point where they are essentially invulnerable to physical harm), emotional perception (and sometimes influence), and a wide variety of various other random abilities that may either be enhanced versions of ones that their disguise species has, or pretty much anything else that may develop to help them in their current world. Aldebaran and Asteria were ripped away from their original planet in a disaster (along with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40856412]Iolanthe[/url], who is just a normal person from their world, but she's Asteria's closest friend), and in the shift, both were stripped of their powers as well. Aldebaran wants his powers back, even if it means finding a method of draining them from others. Asteria doesn't really care, she's content to enjoy life as a normal person. Would she complain if her powers were restored? Not at all! But she doesn't want to take it by force like Aldebaran does. They kind of act like siblings though because they're the only two celestial spirits on their planet at the time, and coincidentally crossed paths enough times to realize they were the same thing. They ended up forming a sort of rivalry out of that, mainly in a clash of ideals, but then they sometimes also just act like siblings. Aldebaran is the younger one, by a few years, and while in some regards, he is more powerful overall, he's a lot more reckless, so Asteria is still more than capable of handling him. ------ And now, onto the new writing. More stuff with 25ji, but that's because I felt like [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71283321]Ena[/url] feels right to use here. Having to replace her usually foul language with FR rule compliant language is a little annoying, but it's whatever. I'd rather not risk anything by partially censoring the swearing, so she just gets her overall speaking style slightly adjusted. Hopefully you'll still get the impression that she's got a tendency for pretty harsh language. Usernames again, Ena's is Enanan, Mizuki's is Amia, Kanade's is K, and Mafuyu's is Yuki. Any time they're meeting over a call, they'll always use these names when directly speaking to each other, but expect everyone to still think of the others by their real names internally. ----- [center][quote=October 25 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]When you're making something by hand, you need to leave some of it imperfect. Otherwise it has no personality, no soul.[/size][/quote][/center] Ena groans again, glaring at the canvas in front of her. She's started over and over, and she still can't figure out what she's doing wrong. It's always this way. She can't even take a break and take some cute photos to post, or she'll just get a million questions asking why she's doing it in the middle of the night. But to her dismay, a playful voice responds to her groans. "Hey Enanan~, you forgot to mute yourself again." "Shut up, Amia," Ena growls back. Mizuki laughs back. "If you've got that much of a problem with it, then don't forget next time~. I'm guessing you're stuck again?" "What else would it be." "Do you need to take a break, Enanan...?" Kanade adds in. "We can stop for now..." "I can keep going, K." Ena mutes herself, and turns back to her canvas. The other two go quiet, too. She knows what she needs to convey, but it just isn't coming out as she draws. She can't even get through the sketch. If she were any less careful with her art supplies, she happily would've ripped it up right here and now. But she spent way too much money on this to waste it, and it would probably wake up her brother anyway. Instead she just stands up and stretches. Her wings spread, only for one to smack directly into her lamp. She swears under her breath, but continues to stretch anyway. As soon as she pulls her wings back in, she sits back down. She turns on the demo Kanade sent the group, and lets the feeling wash over her. It's just like always... sad, but warm. Hopeful. She needs to capture this feeling on a canvas. She gives up on the pencil sketching, grabbing her paints and letting the lingering feelings guide her. The vibe is broken suddenly by someone speaking. "Good evening." Ena's finger slips, and her claw punctures the canvas, and she swears again. She unmutes herself, only to snap, "What the hell, Yuki?" "I was simply greeting everyone." "You could've done it more quietly!" "I do not see anything wrong with how I entered." "Enanan~, calm down. Yuki~, don't provoke her." And there's Mizuki, of course. Kanade doesn't respond to greet Mafuyu like she usually would, but Ena wouldn't be surprised if she's completely silenced the call to focus on music. "She just made me rip a hole in my canvas! I think I'm allowed to be angry, Amia." "Can't you just patch it..." "I was in the zone, you stupid bat. You ruined it." "...Sorry." Ena huffs, and mutes herself again before she actually starts shouting and wakes Akito for sure. Looking back up at the canvas, though... the hole, the dark of her room (only illuminated by a single lamp this late at night) piercing through it... maybe she can work with this. Her father would hate it. He hates her unconventional art takes in general. He'd call it imperfect, ruined by the puncture of her claw (or the many more she adds along the way). But she knows her friends will like it. Their music isn't meant to be perfect, anyway, but instead a spill of their feelings and struggles, to help others feel less alone. The holes add to the charm, anyway. It feels more genuine this way.
Gonna respond first, and then I'll get to a new story (finally).
Quote:
ooh, i'm instantly enraptured by her narrative voice. very sorrowful and sympathetic, in a sense? hmm, idk words to describe, but it's very beautiful. the setting is cool as well, with K being the leader of a band and all—are they all dragons in your piece here, or humans? :P

Dragon people, just like my lore in general! If I have a fandragon and write stuff here for them, assume that's always the case. :3 Kanade is just one of my favorite characters to write, honestly, her speaking style is surprisingly distinct for a character who is actually rather quiet. (The 25ji main story being primarily from her perspective probably helps though, especially combined with her being one of my favorites in general.)

Quote:
for aldebran and asteria's sibling... conflict (idk what to call it), their relationship is really interesting. aldebran definitely seems to be the more boisterous of the two, also a bit pushy. the fact that they used to be 'gods' is interesting, what sort of powers would you need loss of life to get back?

They're this thing I created that I ended up calling celestial spirits! Me and my friends jokingly call them baby gods sometimes, but they're more like magical protectors of solar systems... when they're fully grown. Normally, they're dropped onto some planet with a well-established society and left to not only develop their powers, but grow a general sense of understanding of life and how to care for it. They initially appear as the primary species of the society on their planet, but turn into the start of their real forms when they're partially through childhood.

Once in their fully grown protector form, they are essentially gods. They're immortal as long as the star is alive, and they can influence how life can develop on any of the planets under their care. But while they're growing, they still have some powers that are fairly impressive. Flight, enhanced strength, accelerated healing (in the adulthood of their disguise species, it reaches a point where they are essentially invulnerable to physical harm), emotional perception (and sometimes influence), and a wide variety of various other random abilities that may either be enhanced versions of ones that their disguise species has, or pretty much anything else that may develop to help them in their current world.

Aldebaran and Asteria were ripped away from their original planet in a disaster (along with Iolanthe, who is just a normal person from their world, but she's Asteria's closest friend), and in the shift, both were stripped of their powers as well. Aldebaran wants his powers back, even if it means finding a method of draining them from others. Asteria doesn't really care, she's content to enjoy life as a normal person. Would she complain if her powers were restored? Not at all! But she doesn't want to take it by force like Aldebaran does.

They kind of act like siblings though because they're the only two celestial spirits on their planet at the time, and coincidentally crossed paths enough times to realize they were the same thing. They ended up forming a sort of rivalry out of that, mainly in a clash of ideals, but then they sometimes also just act like siblings. Aldebaran is the younger one, by a few years, and while in some regards, he is more powerful overall, he's a lot more reckless, so Asteria is still more than capable of handling him.

And now, onto the new writing. More stuff with 25ji, but that's because I felt like Ena feels right to use here. Having to replace her usually foul language with FR rule compliant language is a little annoying, but it's whatever. I'd rather not risk anything by partially censoring the swearing, so she just gets her overall speaking style slightly adjusted. Hopefully you'll still get the impression that she's got a tendency for pretty harsh language.

Usernames again, Ena's is Enanan, Mizuki's is Amia, Kanade's is K, and Mafuyu's is Yuki. Any time they're meeting over a call, they'll always use these names when directly speaking to each other, but expect everyone to still think of the others by their real names internally.

October 25 2021 wrote:
When you're making something by hand, you need to leave some of it imperfect. Otherwise it has no personality, no soul.

Ena groans again, glaring at the canvas in front of her. She's started over and over, and she still can't figure out what she's doing wrong. It's always this way.

She can't even take a break and take some cute photos to post, or she'll just get a million questions asking why she's doing it in the middle of the night.

But to her dismay, a playful voice responds to her groans. "Hey Enanan~, you forgot to mute yourself again."

"Shut up, Amia," Ena growls back.

Mizuki laughs back. "If you've got that much of a problem with it, then don't forget next time~. I'm guessing you're stuck again?"

"What else would it be."

"Do you need to take a break, Enanan...?" Kanade adds in. "We can stop for now..."

"I can keep going, K."

Ena mutes herself, and turns back to her canvas. The other two go quiet, too.

She knows what she needs to convey, but it just isn't coming out as she draws. She can't even get through the sketch.

If she were any less careful with her art supplies, she happily would've ripped it up right here and now. But she spent way too much money on this to waste it, and it would probably wake up her brother anyway.

Instead she just stands up and stretches. Her wings spread, only for one to smack directly into her lamp. She swears under her breath, but continues to stretch anyway. As soon as she pulls her wings back in, she sits back down.

She turns on the demo Kanade sent the group, and lets the feeling wash over her. It's just like always... sad, but warm. Hopeful. She needs to capture this feeling on a canvas.

She gives up on the pencil sketching, grabbing her paints and letting the lingering feelings guide her.

The vibe is broken suddenly by someone speaking. "Good evening."

Ena's finger slips, and her claw punctures the canvas, and she swears again. She unmutes herself, only to snap, "What the hell, Yuki?"

"I was simply greeting everyone."

"You could've done it more quietly!"

"I do not see anything wrong with how I entered."

"Enanan~, calm down. Yuki~, don't provoke her." And there's Mizuki, of course.

Kanade doesn't respond to greet Mafuyu like she usually would, but Ena wouldn't be surprised if she's completely silenced the call to focus on music.

"She just made me rip a hole in my canvas! I think I'm allowed to be angry, Amia."

"Can't you just patch it..."

"I was in the zone, you stupid bat. You ruined it."

"...Sorry."

Ena huffs, and mutes herself again before she actually starts shouting and wakes Akito for sure.

Looking back up at the canvas, though... the hole, the dark of her room (only illuminated by a single lamp this late at night) piercing through it... maybe she can work with this.

Her father would hate it. He hates her unconventional art takes in general. He'd call it imperfect, ruined by the puncture of her claw (or the many more she adds along the way).

But she knows her friends will like it. Their music isn't meant to be perfect, anyway, but instead a spill of their feelings and struggles, to help others feel less alone.

The holes add to the charm, anyway. It feels more genuine this way.
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
Hehehe... I'm back and I'm here to do some hecking [i]writing[/i] Aiming for a couple actually shorter pieces this time, since keeping things short is... challenging, to say the least. I have so many words and ideas in the brain and I want to present all of them- anyway let's get to it, shall we? ----- Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/13134417]Litleaf[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72393834]Horehound[/url] (who I [i]didn't[/i] have a dragon for but then had to go get one pretty much immediately afterwards, oops.) [quote=October 24 2021][center][size=6][font=high tower text]"Hunt them down for me, will you?"[/quote] Litleaf felt Horehound press against their side, whimpering softly. They glanced at the small dragon with a gentle smile. "What's wrong, little one?" "I-I think I just smelled a... a wartoad", their apprentice said quietly. "And ashes, and something burnt." "Right you are." Litleaf nodded, then wrapped their wing around Horehound comfortingly. He was still going through the process of transforming into a pearlcatcher, and having recently lost the secondary eyes he'd previously had as a mirror, he was now quite jumpy. But he was still determined to carry on with his training, so Litleaf would take him with them on their hunting trips. "Specifically, you just smelled a molten wartoad. Painfully hot to my paws, but you're a fire dragon, so it should be no problem for you. And besides, this gives you a good chance to really practice tracking something by scent!" Litleaf exclaimed cheerfully, nudging Horehound to encourage him to move. He gave them a suspicious glance, but took a couple of steps forward, lowering his head to examine the scents on the ground. "...That way", he soon muttered, nodding his head northward. Litleaf smiled. "Well done! Now, hunt them down for me, will you? I'll take the lead once we get close enough to fight." Horehound made a face at the mention of a fight, but did start walking after the scent. Litleaf followed in his tracks, words of encouragement at the ready. ----- [quote=October 20 2021][center][size=6][font=high tower text]When will you stop searching?[/quote] Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64284619]Ode[/url] It was a question he'd heard many times by now, and he never had a good answer to give. Hell, he didn't even know what he was searching for. Or if he was searching for anything, really. Ode sighed, turning Catharsis in his claws. The sword had lost its shine a long while ago and was darkened from battles with creatures that bled shade instead of blood, but he kept its edge sharp dutifully. It served him well, and so it was only right of him to do the same in return. He put down the whetstone he'd been using, drying the blade off with his cape before sheathing the sword. The sun had set by now, and his bonfire was struggling to stay lit in the thick fog that had started to rise. "Oh, whatever", he huffed, kicking dirt over the fire to put it out of its misery. He quickly gathered his things, throwing his hood up and wrapping the cloak around him. He was feeling restless anyway, and sleeping without a fire this close to the Icefield was asking for trouble. He'd just walk a while and see where he ended up. Maybe he'd find a village or something. Maybe he'd walk until he couldn't stay on his feet anymore. As long as he didn't just sit still with his thoughts, he didn't really care where he'd end up. And so, he walked into the fog, claws drumming the pommel of Catharsis. ----- [quote=October 16 2021][center][size=6][font=high tower text]The stars are out. They feel like one of them.[/quote] Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63732347]Cosmos[/url] Cosmos spreads its wings, catching a rising current. It has been flying for a long while now, and the short respite is a welcome one, especially since it has no plans of stopping yet. Tonight is [i]important.[/i] Cosmos is up here for a [i]reason.[/i] And it needs to get as high up as possible because of that. The current ends way too soon, but Cosmos has no time to worry about that. Beating its wings again, it's finally reached the clouds that have been covering the night sky. Determined, it speeds up, even though its body is aching and its wings are growing heavier. It's so close, the sky is within a claw's reach, it just has to go a little further- The clouds seem to fall below Cosmos when it bursts out of them, having built up a tremendous amount of speed during the last bit of its ascent. It finally slows down its wingbeats, panting from the exertion but its eyes full of delight nonetheless. The firmament above is so full tonight. The stars are out. It feels like one of them. And then the stars fall, and it falls with them. Cosmos twirls to close the distance to one of the meteors hurling towards the sea, wings folding down the instant its claws grasp onto the surface of it. It flattens down against the rough stone, shimmering pink aura surrounding both it and the meteor as it mutters something under its breath. The falling meteors around them are leaving blazing trails in the sky, but this one is drawing a bright, glittering tail behind it. Cosmos shrieks in delight, eyes squinted against the wind. The impact into the sea would've hurt bad, but now it simply dispels the pink aura. Cosmos kicks at the water, front claws still grasping the meteor as it spreads its wings to swim to the surface. Gathering samples for the scientists in Havina's lab is the [i]best.[/i]
Hehehe... I'm back and I'm here to do some hecking writing

Aiming for a couple actually shorter pieces this time, since keeping things short is... challenging, to say the least. I have so many words and ideas in the brain and I want to present all of them- anyway let's get to it, shall we?

Characters: Litleaf, Horehound (who I didn't have a dragon for but then had to go get one pretty much immediately afterwards, oops.)
October 24 2021 wrote:
"Hunt them down for me, will you?"

Litleaf felt Horehound press against their side, whimpering softly. They glanced at the small dragon with a gentle smile. "What's wrong, little one?"

"I-I think I just smelled a... a wartoad", their apprentice said quietly. "And ashes, and something burnt."

"Right you are." Litleaf nodded, then wrapped their wing around Horehound comfortingly. He was still going through the process of transforming into a pearlcatcher, and having recently lost the secondary eyes he'd previously had as a mirror, he was now quite jumpy. But he was still determined to carry on with his training, so Litleaf would take him with them on their hunting trips.

"Specifically, you just smelled a molten wartoad. Painfully hot to my paws, but you're a fire dragon, so it should be no problem for you. And besides, this gives you a good chance to really practice tracking something by scent!" Litleaf exclaimed cheerfully, nudging Horehound to encourage him to move. He gave them a suspicious glance, but took a couple of steps forward, lowering his head to examine the scents on the ground.

"...That way", he soon muttered, nodding his head northward. Litleaf smiled.

"Well done! Now, hunt them down for me, will you? I'll take the lead once we get close enough to fight."

Horehound made a face at the mention of a fight, but did start walking after the scent. Litleaf followed in his tracks, words of encouragement at the ready.

October 20 2021 wrote:
When will you stop searching?

Characters: Ode

It was a question he'd heard many times by now, and he never had a good answer to give. Hell, he didn't even know what he was searching for. Or if he was searching for anything, really.

Ode sighed, turning Catharsis in his claws. The sword had lost its shine a long while ago and was darkened from battles with creatures that bled shade instead of blood, but he kept its edge sharp dutifully. It served him well, and so it was only right of him to do the same in return. He put down the whetstone he'd been using, drying the blade off with his cape before sheathing the sword. The sun had set by now, and his bonfire was struggling to stay lit in the thick fog that had started to rise.

"Oh, whatever", he huffed, kicking dirt over the fire to put it out of its misery. He quickly gathered his things, throwing his hood up and wrapping the cloak around him. He was feeling restless anyway, and sleeping without a fire this close to the Icefield was asking for trouble. He'd just walk a while and see where he ended up. Maybe he'd find a village or something. Maybe he'd walk until he couldn't stay on his feet anymore. As long as he didn't just sit still with his thoughts, he didn't really care where he'd end up. And so, he walked into the fog, claws drumming the pommel of Catharsis.

October 16 2021 wrote:
The stars are out. They feel like one of them.

Characters: Cosmos

Cosmos spreads its wings, catching a rising current. It has been flying for a long while now, and the short respite is a welcome one, especially since it has no plans of stopping yet. Tonight is important. Cosmos is up here for a reason. And it needs to get as high up as possible because of that. The current ends way too soon, but Cosmos has no time to worry about that. Beating its wings again, it's finally reached the clouds that have been covering the night sky. Determined, it speeds up, even though its body is aching and its wings are growing heavier. It's so close, the sky is within a claw's reach, it just has to go a little further-

The clouds seem to fall below Cosmos when it bursts out of them, having built up a tremendous amount of speed during the last bit of its ascent. It finally slows down its wingbeats, panting from the exertion but its eyes full of delight nonetheless. The firmament above is so full tonight. The stars are out. It feels like one of them.

And then the stars fall, and it falls with them.

Cosmos twirls to close the distance to one of the meteors hurling towards the sea, wings folding down the instant its claws grasp onto the surface of it. It flattens down against the rough stone, shimmering pink aura surrounding both it and the meteor as it mutters something under its breath. The falling meteors around them are leaving blazing trails in the sky, but this one is drawing a bright, glittering tail behind it. Cosmos shrieks in delight, eyes squinted against the wind.

The impact into the sea would've hurt bad, but now it simply dispels the pink aura. Cosmos kicks at the water, front claws still grasping the meteor as it spreads its wings to swim to the surface. Gathering samples for the scientists in Havina's lab is the best.
[center][quote=October 26 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"You're not dreaming, you know." "I don't care. I want to wake up."[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[center]today's prompt is a submission from @/Inkwyrm! feel free to pm me prompts, but be aware that there's a bit of a backlog as of rn so it will likely be a while before it's utilized.[quote=October 27 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Their heart is made of glass, so be careful with it."[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote]"Their heart is made of glass, so be careful with it."[/quote] the two dragons involved are [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62764040]Whale[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62285247]Grewing[/url] "Greywing, I've got something to show you! I've got an idea that I think could be better than half the rest of my inventions combined!" The lovely grey coatl, with his latest concoction in hand, softly replied "ok, just give me a moment to change my clothes. I wouldn't want to accidentally make one of your creations malfunction, Whale." Whale's scales shimmered all colours of the ocean at this interruption, but it was fine, she adored Greywing, it was just that she was [i]so[/i] exited to show off her new invention. A few minutes later, Greywing reappeared, in the exact same clothes as before, just without all the stains. "Alright, I'm ready to go see whatever it is you've made." The pair walked- well, [i]fast-walked[/i], in Whale's case- along the narrow corridor that led to Whale's area, and Greywing gazed around the room, somehow Whale's creations always seemed to amaze him, no matter how many times he'd seen them. Whale trotted over to one in particular, which looked sort of like a metal coatl, without the feathers... "I call this a [i]robot[/i], its designed to help me with things, so that I can do my work faster. I should warn you though, its heart is made of glass, so be careful with it."
Quote:
"Their heart is made of glass, so be careful with it."

the two dragons involved are Whale and Grewing

"Greywing, I've got something to show you! I've got an idea that I think could be better than half the rest of my inventions combined!"
The lovely grey coatl, with his latest concoction in hand, softly replied "ok, just give me a moment to change my clothes. I wouldn't want to accidentally make one of your creations malfunction, Whale."
Whale's scales shimmered all colours of the ocean at this interruption, but it was fine, she adored Greywing, it was just that she was so exited to show off her new invention.

A few minutes later, Greywing reappeared, in the exact same clothes as before, just without all the stains. "Alright, I'm ready to go see whatever it is you've made."
The pair walked- well, fast-walked, in Whale's case- along the narrow corridor that led to Whale's area, and Greywing gazed around the room, somehow Whale's creations always seemed to amaze him, no matter how many times he'd seen them. Whale trotted over to one in particular, which looked sort of like a metal coatl, without the feathers...
"I call this a robot, its designed to help me with things, so that I can do my work faster. I should warn you though, its heart is made of glass, so be careful with it."
she/her/feather
OOOHH THIS IS AWESOME, could I be added to the pinglist please??

defo gonna use and post omg
OOOHH THIS IS AWESOME, could I be added to the pinglist please??

defo gonna use and post omg
0vKbO0g.png ... ..jsdqWwF.png ... ...23f9f17750ec9255a270f24d9cfdf550ba2ef9cf.gif
[quote] "Hunt them down for me, will you?"[/quote] Warning: Animal death, hunting, blood The two spirals ran down the mountain side, chasing after a goat. “Magpie, let’s separate.” The red eyed spiral said. “We can trick the animal into running to me in a panic, while you shoot arrows from behind while cornering it.” “Sounds good.” Magpie huffed, her paws closing around her bow. “When I give you the signal, throw the spear.” Then, Magpie quickly ran to the other side of the mountain, chasing after the beast. The goat fell into their trap, running towards Night. “NOW!!” Magpie shouted, releasing the first arrow. Night nodded, ready to throw the spear at the animal. ~ “We’re home!” Shouted Magpie, dropping her quiver to the floor. “Oh, Dammit.” She glanced at her paws, splattered with blood. “What did you get?” Magpie’s sister, Koi, asked. “We got a goat.” Night interrupted. Night’s brother, Day, clapped his paws. “Oh, lovely!” He exclaimed. “That‘ll be enough to feed us for two days!” Two days later, they ran out of food. “Magpie, Night!” Koi said. “Could you bring us some fresh meat?” Magpie nodded. “Night, hunt them down for us, will ya?” [quote] When you're making something by hand, you need to leave some of it imperfect. Otherwise it has no personality, no soul.[/quote] Fruitcake was a toy maker. She took great pride in her work, and wanted to get an apprentice. Her choice was a skydancer named Obsidian, and he wanted everything perfect. You see, Fruitcake made the toys by hand, and she didn’t want it to be perfect, every toy she made, it was unique. Obsidian learned, and soon, he bought some suppilies. “What are those for, Obsidian?” Fruitcake asked, her many eyes blinking. “Machines.” The skydancer said. “When I was making the toys by hand, there were flaws. The stuffing coming out a bit in the gaps, the coloring fading, one being slightly smaller than the other, ya know.” Fruitcake shook her head. Obsidian wasn’t a good apprentice, he wouldn’t let Fruitcake work on her own things, he adjusted them, made them “Perfect”.” One day, Fruitcake had enough. She would show Obsidian the magic of handmade things. She worked in the basement, sewing the red and yellow cloth together, adding the orange buttons for eyes, filled it with stuffing, and added glitter. It wasn’t perfect, just the way Fruitcakes liked it. The next day, she asked Obsidian to come to her basement. She turned on the light, and Obsidian shuddered. “The stuffing’s coming out of some of the seams! The colors don’t match!” Buttons for eyes, what were you thinking?!” Fruitcake smiled. “When you’re making something by hand, you need to leave some of it imperfect. Otherwise, it has no personality, no soul.” Obsidian finally understood the beauty of imperfect. What he didn’t notice, however, was how the plushies slightly stretched their wings and yawned.. [quote] "Their heart is made of glass, so be careful with it."[/quote] “Didn’t you hear?” One dragon asked. “A coatl is moving in, her feathers as are pale as ice!” “I heard that she was cursed by her previous love, and is now heartbroken.” Another dragon muttered. At that moment, a small coatl walked into the park. “Hello.” She said, waving her short front paws. “Do you know where Obsidian Road is? That’s where my new house is.” She smiled softly. “Oh, hello there!” One of the dragons said, a tundra named Chara. “Obsidian Road is just around the corner! What’s your name, my name is Chara!” The coatl’s smile widened. “My name is Misfortune, don’t worry, I just have a mutation, I’m not actually sick.” The other dragon, a guardian named Sweetie, smiled. “My name is Sweetie-“ He said, before stopping short. “I-I think your my charge!” He exclaimed. Misfortune beamed. “I wasn’t expecting such a warm welcome, and being special to someone, already!” “Guess what?” Sweetie asked. “I also live on Obsidian Road! Have a good day!” The coatl smiled. “You two!” And then she walked off. “Her heart is made of glass, be careful with it.” Chara warned. “Her previous mate left her for some idiot imperial.” Sweetie smiled. “I promise.”
Quote:
"Hunt them down for me, will you?"

Warning: Animal death, hunting, blood

The two spirals ran down the mountain side, chasing after a goat.

“Magpie, let’s separate.” The red eyed spiral said. “We can trick the animal into running to me in a panic, while you shoot arrows from behind while cornering it.”

“Sounds good.” Magpie huffed, her paws closing around her bow. “When I give you the signal, throw the spear.”

Then, Magpie quickly ran to the other side of the mountain, chasing after the beast. The goat fell into their trap, running towards Night.

“NOW!!” Magpie shouted, releasing the first arrow.

Night nodded, ready to throw the spear at the animal.

~

“We’re home!” Shouted Magpie, dropping her quiver to the floor. “Oh, Dammit.” She glanced at her paws, splattered with blood.

“What did you get?” Magpie’s sister, Koi, asked.

“We got a goat.” Night interrupted.

Night’s brother, Day, clapped his paws. “Oh, lovely!” He exclaimed. “That‘ll be enough to feed us for two days!”

Two days later, they ran out of food.

“Magpie, Night!” Koi said. “Could you bring us some fresh meat?”

Magpie nodded. “Night, hunt them down for us, will ya?”
Quote:
When you're making something by hand, you need to leave some of it imperfect. Otherwise it has no personality, no soul.

Fruitcake was a toy maker. She took great pride in her work, and wanted to get an apprentice.

Her choice was a skydancer named Obsidian, and he wanted everything perfect.

You see, Fruitcake made the toys by hand, and she didn’t want it to be perfect, every toy she made, it was unique.

Obsidian learned, and soon, he bought some suppilies.

“What are those for, Obsidian?” Fruitcake asked, her many eyes blinking.

“Machines.” The skydancer said. “When I was making the toys by hand, there were flaws. The stuffing coming out a bit in the gaps, the coloring fading, one being slightly smaller than the other, ya know.”

Fruitcake shook her head. Obsidian wasn’t a good apprentice, he wouldn’t let Fruitcake work on her own things, he adjusted them, made them “Perfect”.”

One day, Fruitcake had enough. She would show Obsidian the magic of handmade things.

She worked in the basement, sewing the red and yellow cloth together, adding the orange buttons for eyes, filled it with stuffing, and added glitter. It wasn’t perfect, just the way Fruitcakes liked it.

The next day, she asked Obsidian to come to her basement.

She turned on the light, and Obsidian shuddered. “The stuffing’s coming out of some of the seams! The colors don’t match!” Buttons for eyes, what were you thinking?!”

Fruitcake smiled. “When you’re making something by hand, you need to leave some of it imperfect. Otherwise, it has no personality, no soul.”

Obsidian finally understood the beauty of imperfect. What he didn’t notice, however, was how the plushies slightly stretched their wings and yawned..
Quote:
"Their heart is made of glass, so be careful with it."

“Didn’t you hear?” One dragon asked. “A coatl is moving in, her feathers as are pale as ice!”

“I heard that she was cursed by her previous love, and is now heartbroken.” Another dragon muttered.

At that moment, a small coatl walked into the park. “Hello.” She said, waving her short front paws. “Do you know where Obsidian Road is? That’s where my new house is.” She smiled softly.

“Oh, hello there!” One of the dragons said, a tundra named Chara. “Obsidian Road is just around the corner! What’s your name, my name is Chara!”

The coatl’s smile widened. “My name is Misfortune, don’t worry, I just have a mutation, I’m not actually sick.”

The other dragon, a guardian named Sweetie, smiled. “My name is Sweetie-“ He said, before stopping short. “I-I think your my charge!” He exclaimed.

Misfortune beamed. “I wasn’t expecting such a warm welcome, and being special to someone, already!”

“Guess what?” Sweetie asked. “I also live on Obsidian Road! Have a good day!”

The coatl smiled. “You two!” And then she walked off.

“Her heart is made of glass, be careful with it.” Chara warned. “Her previous mate left her for some idiot imperial.”

Sweetie smiled. “I promise.”

jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
This one’s a bit of a stretch, but it’s fluff so it’s okay :P [s]It’s probably technically spoilers for the actual story but ehhh I’ve posted spoiler-y story bits before. Like the last one...[/s] But a quick, definitely spoiler-y note! [spoiler]’Ani’ is the big Rei from most of my other story bits! Yukiko is his daughter. The other Rei and Takato are the younger counterparts to big Rei and Takato. That probably doesn’t make much sense, so I can always attempt to explain if anyone asks![/spoiler] [quote=October 22 2021]Their eyes widened. "I understand now."[/quote] Rei never liked training with foreign weapons. With most traditional weapons—a katana, for example—one’s dominant hand didn’t matter; or it favored one’s left hand. Swords from outside of Gin and Kuro—like a simple weapon with a straight, sharp blade—seemed to be made just to annoy him. He couldn’t grasp right-handed fighting, and of course he was the only left-handed member of the family that was always there. Hence the reason why he was waiting for the other left-handed person to come; the man more than a decade and a half older than himself, whom Rei called ‘Ani’ to avoid sounding like he was talking in third person. Rei was raised to see Ani as a big brother—which was how he got the nickname—despite Ani technically being a ward of Fujita Lennon, Rei’s uncle on Father’s side. He treated Ani with a bit more respect than he treated Takato (the dynamic of which he learned from the Fujita family, where everyone but Father respected their elders and endlessly teased their juniors), and overall the two got along. When Rei heard the babbling of a six-year-old, he knew that Ani was coming. Greeting his niece-of-sorts with a small nod, he then looked at Ani. “How’s everything going, Ani?” “Good,” Ani replied. “Myra’s doing well, at least—and Yuki’s as cheerful as ever.” Yukiko, pretending that she was prompted to do so, declared, “Imma find Elly and Eliza!” Ani just smiled and chuckled as Yukiko ran off to find the other girls. Rei turned back to Ani. “Do you have time to help me before you check in with Mother?” “Sword techniques again?” Ani guessed. Rei only needed to nod before the elder gestured for him to follow. “Come on; Yuki would get to Kyoumi long before I do, anyway. Is your brother there already?” Two interesting things about Ani; he always called Mother and Father by name, and he rarely—if ever—actually said ‘Takato.’ Nonetheless, Rei said, “He may be; he was when I left, at least.” Afterwards, he followed his older brother to the small training section of the courtyard. It, along with the accompanying building, was a remnant of when the palace was considered a castle—a place for soldiers to train, way back when the capital was the military headquarters. Now, it was a mere training ground for the guards and the royalty (Father liked maintaining his skills while Uncle Kozue acted like he had some and Mother retired her blade, with Rei and Takato learning from whoever was willing to teach just to be prepared). Rei was accurate with his guess, as Takato was, in fact, there. He waved to them both. “Ani! Brother! Perfect timing; I was just—” “I need help first,” Rei said, cutting him off. “You can get seriously anyone else to help you, but Ani’s the only one that can help me.” “Uncle Lennon is left-handed too,” Takato pointed out. “He just writes with his left to show off,” Rei replied dismissively. He walked over to the practice swords as Takato took a spot under one of the trees lining the area. “Uncle Lennon fights with his right, assuming he ever wields a finicky sword.” Takato looked prepared to continue (something that he picked up from the Fujita family), but Ani stopped him by accepting one of the training swords. The instruction began. “How do you usually hold a sword?” “Like this.” “Ah; that’s where it’s wrong. This is just my own self-taught trick, but if you hold it like this… Can you feel the difference?” Rei smiled, eyes widening at the…rightness of it, perhaps. “Yes; and I think I understand now.” “Just to make sure,” Ani said, “We can continue doing some practice before Yuki comes to find me? Or until dinner is ready.” “Please,” Rei replied thankfully. “I need all the help I can get with this—then I can stop Takato if he does something stupid.” “Hey!” Takato immediately said in defense. Ani smiled—a kind of distant, sad smile. “Be nice,” he teased. “You only have one twin brother.” While neither of the boys murmured any sort of acknowledgement to the fact, they did quiet down. Rei eagerly learned from Ani’s swordplay.
This one’s a bit of a stretch, but it’s fluff so it’s okay :P It’s probably technically spoilers for the actual story but ehhh I’ve posted spoiler-y story bits before. Like the last one...
But a quick, definitely spoiler-y note! ’Ani’ is the big Rei from most of my other story bits! Yukiko is his daughter. The other Rei and Takato are the younger counterparts to big Rei and Takato. That probably doesn’t make much sense, so I can always attempt to explain if anyone asks!
October 22 2021 wrote:
Their eyes widened. "I understand now."
Rei never liked training with foreign weapons. With most traditional weapons—a katana, for example—one’s dominant hand didn’t matter; or it favored one’s left hand. Swords from outside of Gin and Kuro—like a simple weapon with a straight, sharp blade—seemed to be made just to annoy him. He couldn’t grasp right-handed fighting, and of course he was the only left-handed member of the family that was always there.

Hence the reason why he was waiting for the other left-handed person to come; the man more than a decade and a half older than himself, whom Rei called ‘Ani’ to avoid sounding like he was talking in third person. Rei was raised to see Ani as a big brother—which was how he got the nickname—despite Ani technically being a ward of Fujita Lennon, Rei’s uncle on Father’s side. He treated Ani with a bit more respect than he treated Takato (the dynamic of which he learned from the Fujita family, where everyone but Father respected their elders and endlessly teased their juniors), and overall the two got along.

When Rei heard the babbling of a six-year-old, he knew that Ani was coming. Greeting his niece-of-sorts with a small nod, he then looked at Ani. “How’s everything going, Ani?”

“Good,” Ani replied. “Myra’s doing well, at least—and Yuki’s as cheerful as ever.”

Yukiko, pretending that she was prompted to do so, declared, “Imma find Elly and Eliza!” Ani just smiled and chuckled as Yukiko ran off to find the other girls.
Rei turned back to Ani. “Do you have time to help me before you check in with Mother?”

“Sword techniques again?” Ani guessed. Rei only needed to nod before the elder gestured for him to follow. “Come on; Yuki would get to Kyoumi long before I do, anyway. Is your brother there already?”

Two interesting things about Ani; he always called Mother and Father by name, and he rarely—if ever—actually said ‘Takato.’ Nonetheless, Rei said, “He may be; he was when I left, at least.” Afterwards, he followed his older brother to the small training section of the courtyard. It, along with the accompanying building, was a remnant of when the palace was considered a castle—a place for soldiers to train, way back when the capital was the military headquarters. Now, it was a mere training ground for the guards and the royalty (Father liked maintaining his skills while Uncle Kozue acted like he had some and Mother retired her blade, with Rei and Takato learning from whoever was willing to teach just to be prepared).

Rei was accurate with his guess, as Takato was, in fact, there. He waved to them both. “Ani! Brother! Perfect timing; I was just—”

“I need help first,” Rei said, cutting him off. “You can get seriously anyone else to help you, but Ani’s the only one that can help me.”

“Uncle Lennon is left-handed too,” Takato pointed out.

“He just writes with his left to show off,” Rei replied dismissively. He walked over to the practice swords as Takato took a spot under one of the trees lining the area. “Uncle Lennon fights with his right, assuming he ever wields a finicky sword.”
Takato looked prepared to continue (something that he picked up from the Fujita family), but Ani stopped him by accepting one of the training swords. The instruction began.

“How do you usually hold a sword?”

“Like this.”

“Ah; that’s where it’s wrong. This is just my own self-taught trick, but if you hold it like this… Can you feel the difference?”

Rei smiled, eyes widening at the…rightness of it, perhaps. “Yes; and I think I understand now.”

“Just to make sure,” Ani said, “We can continue doing some practice before Yuki comes to find me? Or until dinner is ready.”

“Please,” Rei replied thankfully. “I need all the help I can get with this—then I can stop Takato if he does something stupid.”

“Hey!” Takato immediately said in defense.

Ani smiled—a kind of distant, sad smile. “Be nice,” he teased. “You only have one twin brother.”

While neither of the boys murmured any sort of acknowledgement to the fact, they did quiet down. Rei eagerly learned from Ani’s swordplay.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
[center][quote=October 28 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]They felt it, faint and foreboding, on the very edge of their awareness.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 165 166