Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 63
@Kaial

Congratulations!!!!!
@Kaial

Congratulations!!!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Greyscale

Pox walked ahead of them, though not by far.

Ciron still didn’t know what to make of her behaviour, or even why she was there at all. Geron and Valsig obviously knew the way to whatever ruin they were headed to - even correcting the silent skydancer whenever they felt she was veering the wrong way.

It was rare for either of the massive dragons to acknowledge him at all, aside from a few sideways glances.

The sky was as dark and unreadable as when they left, but he was certain they’d been walking for hours through the ash and lifeless scrub. Hunger had begun to gnaw at him, but the young pearlcatcher thought it better to wait for his colossal retainers to make the call to stop. He wasn’t particularly eager to eat more dried seaweed anyhow.

There was more distant rumbling, and the ground beneath his feet subtly shifted with it. Pox staggered, more from alarm than actual loss of balance, and Valsig pressed his long thumbclaw against her back to urge her along.

“Keep going, girl. No shelter here.”

Geron snorted in amusement as the skydancer stumbled forward, thrown off balance by the ridgeback’s nudge. She caught herself quickly and resumed walking, this time at a more hurried pace.

“How much further now?” Ciron finally asked, if only to get their attention off of her. “I don’t see any sign of ruins to the north.”

“I can see ‘em now,” Valsig replied, nodding toward what looked like nothing more than a subtle hill far on the horizon.

Ciron squinted, trying to make out any more detail - but the sky was so murky that it blended near seamlessly with the ground.

“It’s a cave?” he finally asked.

“Nah,” the ridgeback laughed in a quick, unpleasant bark. He paused, and then added in a more thoughtful tone: “…Well, it basically is now. The ashfall’s really covered all the rubble up. And we’ll be looking for buried caches - ”

“I already told you there’s nothing there!” Pox snapped, exasperation clear in her tone.

“And why in Sornie would we believe you?” Geron replied, his deep, rumbling voice sounding bored. “Your clan was well-established, and any clan that lasts for so long has stores of food, medicines…”

“Probably some nice stashes of treasure, too,” Valsig chimed in.

Pox stayed turned away from them all, hiding her expression, though Ciron saw her wing feathers ruffle in the same way Saerun’s did when she was holding something back.

The great mound of ash loomed ahead, with Ciron gradually starting to make out hints of ruined buildings poking out toward its edges. Similarly, he noticed that the skeletons of trees dotting the area were set in unnatural patterns, as if they’d been carefully planted there.

Valsig took the lead for the first time since they’d left, spreading his wings and fanning them to dislodge what ash he could.

Ciron could only blink in surprise as the sheer vastness of the destroyed village became evident; even the uncovered portion dwarfed any other settlement he’d seen. He stepped forward to get a better look, only realizing he’d come shoulder to shoulder with Pox when he heard the skydancer let out something between a cough and sob.

He carefully glanced sideways, inspecting the look on her face. The grief she wore was plain to see, at least until she noticed him and it changed to stoicism - mixed with some anger at him being so close to her.

There was an awful scraping and shifting that took both their attention, and Ciron saw with some surprise that Valsig and Geron had lifted a massive segment of fallen wall and were in the process of bracing it against one of the few support pillars left standing in the ruined town.

A few more minutes of them hauling rubble and the colossal lean-to seemed to be secured, not shifting at all when Valsig gave it a strong shove. Still, Ciron eyed it warily: it would easily crush several dragons his size should it collapse.

“That’ll do,” Valsig stated, sharing a quick, pleased nod with Geron. His smile remained, but darkened as he turned to the two smaller dragons. “Come over, highness, girl. We’ll take a quick lunch, and then it’s time for some digging.”

HEYYY GUYSSSS
You know how I said I thought I might have more time with my son sleeping through the night? I was wrong. So very wrong. Also I forgot about Sleep Regressions.
I've been desperate to write for... so long. Well. Finally got a chapter out. I wrote it entirely on my phone while soothing little man's grumpy, teethy, sleepy self. That might just be how it is for a good while ahahaaa.

Thank you all so much for the well-wishes. Things with baby have been good. Otherwise uh, not so good. Many illnesses and deaths in the family. It's been a rough time. What can we do but keep going, right? Right.

I want to write more, and clean up older chapters. We'll see what can be done.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye
Greyscale

Pox walked ahead of them, though not by far.

Ciron still didn’t know what to make of her behaviour, or even why she was there at all. Geron and Valsig obviously knew the way to whatever ruin they were headed to - even correcting the silent skydancer whenever they felt she was veering the wrong way.

It was rare for either of the massive dragons to acknowledge him at all, aside from a few sideways glances.

The sky was as dark and unreadable as when they left, but he was certain they’d been walking for hours through the ash and lifeless scrub. Hunger had begun to gnaw at him, but the young pearlcatcher thought it better to wait for his colossal retainers to make the call to stop. He wasn’t particularly eager to eat more dried seaweed anyhow.

There was more distant rumbling, and the ground beneath his feet subtly shifted with it. Pox staggered, more from alarm than actual loss of balance, and Valsig pressed his long thumbclaw against her back to urge her along.

“Keep going, girl. No shelter here.”

Geron snorted in amusement as the skydancer stumbled forward, thrown off balance by the ridgeback’s nudge. She caught herself quickly and resumed walking, this time at a more hurried pace.

“How much further now?” Ciron finally asked, if only to get their attention off of her. “I don’t see any sign of ruins to the north.”

“I can see ‘em now,” Valsig replied, nodding toward what looked like nothing more than a subtle hill far on the horizon.

Ciron squinted, trying to make out any more detail - but the sky was so murky that it blended near seamlessly with the ground.

“It’s a cave?” he finally asked.

“Nah,” the ridgeback laughed in a quick, unpleasant bark. He paused, and then added in a more thoughtful tone: “…Well, it basically is now. The ashfall’s really covered all the rubble up. And we’ll be looking for buried caches - ”

“I already told you there’s nothing there!” Pox snapped, exasperation clear in her tone.

“And why in Sornie would we believe you?” Geron replied, his deep, rumbling voice sounding bored. “Your clan was well-established, and any clan that lasts for so long has stores of food, medicines…”

“Probably some nice stashes of treasure, too,” Valsig chimed in.

Pox stayed turned away from them all, hiding her expression, though Ciron saw her wing feathers ruffle in the same way Saerun’s did when she was holding something back.

The great mound of ash loomed ahead, with Ciron gradually starting to make out hints of ruined buildings poking out toward its edges. Similarly, he noticed that the skeletons of trees dotting the area were set in unnatural patterns, as if they’d been carefully planted there.

Valsig took the lead for the first time since they’d left, spreading his wings and fanning them to dislodge what ash he could.

Ciron could only blink in surprise as the sheer vastness of the destroyed village became evident; even the uncovered portion dwarfed any other settlement he’d seen. He stepped forward to get a better look, only realizing he’d come shoulder to shoulder with Pox when he heard the skydancer let out something between a cough and sob.

He carefully glanced sideways, inspecting the look on her face. The grief she wore was plain to see, at least until she noticed him and it changed to stoicism - mixed with some anger at him being so close to her.

There was an awful scraping and shifting that took both their attention, and Ciron saw with some surprise that Valsig and Geron had lifted a massive segment of fallen wall and were in the process of bracing it against one of the few support pillars left standing in the ruined town.

A few more minutes of them hauling rubble and the colossal lean-to seemed to be secured, not shifting at all when Valsig gave it a strong shove. Still, Ciron eyed it warily: it would easily crush several dragons his size should it collapse.

“That’ll do,” Valsig stated, sharing a quick, pleased nod with Geron. His smile remained, but darkened as he turned to the two smaller dragons. “Come over, highness, girl. We’ll take a quick lunch, and then it’s time for some digging.”

HEYYY GUYSSSS
You know how I said I thought I might have more time with my son sleeping through the night? I was wrong. So very wrong. Also I forgot about Sleep Regressions.
I've been desperate to write for... so long. Well. Finally got a chapter out. I wrote it entirely on my phone while soothing little man's grumpy, teethy, sleepy self. That might just be how it is for a good while ahahaaa.

Thank you all so much for the well-wishes. Things with baby have been good. Otherwise uh, not so good. Many illnesses and deaths in the family. It's been a rough time. What can we do but keep going, right? Right.

I want to write more, and clean up older chapters. We'll see what can be done.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial oh man I wasn't reading the updates that turned up occasionally until now, and I felt like maybe I should get back to reading this! So I just reread the whole thing, since I'd basically forgotten everything anyway.

Still super good tho C: excited to see where it's going to go from here :3333

It's good to know that you've been doing well, and I hope to read more soon
@Kaial oh man I wasn't reading the updates that turned up occasionally until now, and I felt like maybe I should get back to reading this! So I just reread the whole thing, since I'd basically forgotten everything anyway.

Still super good tho C: excited to see where it's going to go from here :3333

It's good to know that you've been doing well, and I hope to read more soon
Professional Grump

I live for memes
i'm absolutely going to be reading this from beginning to end, your writing is mesmerizing.
i'm absolutely going to be reading this from beginning to end, your writing is mesmerizing.
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

@ArgenteaMoon

It felt really good to write again - also miraculous that I managed lol. I'm hoping to make a proper habit out of it. I absolutely 100% miss being able to make use of my creative side, and though drawing is just impossible right now, thank goodness I can write on my phone and get on my laptop later on.

@naranciag
Mesmerizing? What an incredibly sweet thing to say, it means a ton after such a long hiatus. Thank you so much.
@ArgenteaMoon

It felt really good to write again - also miraculous that I managed lol. I'm hoping to make a proper habit out of it. I absolutely 100% miss being able to make use of my creative side, and though drawing is just impossible right now, thank goodness I can write on my phone and get on my laptop later on.

@naranciag
Mesmerizing? What an incredibly sweet thing to say, it means a ton after such a long hiatus. Thank you so much.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Hello again! I'm sorry to hear that you and your family have been having a rough time, I'm wishing you all the strength and peace that you need.

This was another great chapter!
Hello again! I'm sorry to hear that you and your family have been having a rough time, I'm wishing you all the strength and peace that you need.

This was another great chapter!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Thanks so much <3
@Petall

Thanks so much <3
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial yeah i mean it!!! it's amazing!!!
@Kaial yeah i mean it!!! it's amazing!!!
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

One of my favorite things about coming back to fr was these stories! Very excited that an update happened so soon after returning to the game :)
One of my favorite things about coming back to fr was these stories! Very excited that an update happened so soon after returning to the game :)
opzM5wG.gifHW4lpxl.pngegg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gif0wMky.gif2Pe6z.gif
@Kyaritty

Oh! That honestly makes me so happy, thank you!
@Kyaritty

Oh! That honestly makes me so happy, thank you!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 63