Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
@Kaial Gambatte
@Kaial Gambatte
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Negotiations

Ciron stared across the tent in quiet apprehension. His gaze was met by eyes bright with fear and ferocity in equal measure.

His intended mate was pressed against the opposite canvas wall, covered in dirt, bruises, and scuffs. The many layers of silk she wore were in similar repair, torn and caked in dried mud. She hadn't moved an inch since seeing him - save for baring her teeth in a vicious snarl.

He hadn't moved either, not since the tent flaps closed behind him.

They were alone, and if there was anyone outside, he hadn't heard a single sound from them. Was anyone listening? Was this some kind of test?
Ciron swallowed, and then, as slowly as possible, took a step forward.

"STAY AWAY!" the mirror shrieked, recoiling and pressing against the tent wall.

Ciron froze, not wanting to provoke her even more. He slowly craned his neck forward as far as he could, then whispered: "can you hear me?"

No response.

He tried again, a bit louder this time.
"Listen, I don't want to hurt you. I don't want anyone to hear me. My name is - "

"I know your name," the mirror interrupted harshly - but quietly as well.

"Uh, right - listen, I'm not like my - I'm not like them," he stammered, nodding back toward the tent flap. He took another step forward, keeping as quiet as possible. "I'm trying to help everyone... get out of here. Everyone who wants to anyway."

"Hey, don't - " the mirror's voice peaked and she paused, then continued, matching his whisper. "Stay away from me. Why should I trust you?"

"I..." Ciron sighed. "I mean, I wouldn't either. But I don't think you don't have any better options here."

The mirror briefly looked downward, focusing on her talons before glaring back at him.

"If you just stick near me, everyone else will leave you alone," Ciron said. "And in time, I can try to get you home."

"How?" she asked, still in a terse whisper.

"It depends on how things go," he evaded. "We just have to wait for the right opportunity. "What's your name?"

"It's Peony," she replied. She seemed to slump somewhat upon saying it.

"Okay, Peony, will you come with me for now?" he asked. "I'll introduce you to Pox and the hatchlings."

"You have kids?" she asked flatly, slowly stepping toward him.

"They're, uh, adopted," Ciron said before turning and nodding toward the tent flaps. "Okay, just follow me."

Onward

Edan looked through each packed bag, checking for food, waterskins, bandages, and everything else each and every one of his group would need.

Reika had already gone over all their equipment several times, repeating her confidence in her craftsmanship all the while.
It was easy for him to see her worry through the bravado, but there was no point in mentioning it. He was scared, as well.

His clan was splitting roughly in half for the journey; with the bulk of the most skilled warriors coming with him, and the others staying back to look after the homestead. He'd made it clear that nobody had to join him, but there was no shortage of volunteers regardless.
Unsurprising when so many of his clan members had grown up alongside Ciron, and knowing the things his birthclan was capable of.

The mirror grit his teeth, buckling the last of the satchels shut and setting them by the door.

They were as ready as they could be. They'd leave tomorrow.

MMMM shortest update EVER.

I've uhh been going through a lot recently but no excuses. The nuzlocke is almost over. I am going to finish it. I won't get into what's gone on irl for me but I suddenly have a funny little window of time I didn't think I was going to sooo that'll be for finishing this damn nuzlocke.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678, @wolfbutterfly42
Negotiations

Ciron stared across the tent in quiet apprehension. His gaze was met by eyes bright with fear and ferocity in equal measure.

His intended mate was pressed against the opposite canvas wall, covered in dirt, bruises, and scuffs. The many layers of silk she wore were in similar repair, torn and caked in dried mud. She hadn't moved an inch since seeing him - save for baring her teeth in a vicious snarl.

He hadn't moved either, not since the tent flaps closed behind him.

They were alone, and if there was anyone outside, he hadn't heard a single sound from them. Was anyone listening? Was this some kind of test?
Ciron swallowed, and then, as slowly as possible, took a step forward.

"STAY AWAY!" the mirror shrieked, recoiling and pressing against the tent wall.

Ciron froze, not wanting to provoke her even more. He slowly craned his neck forward as far as he could, then whispered: "can you hear me?"

No response.

He tried again, a bit louder this time.
"Listen, I don't want to hurt you. I don't want anyone to hear me. My name is - "

"I know your name," the mirror interrupted harshly - but quietly as well.

"Uh, right - listen, I'm not like my - I'm not like them," he stammered, nodding back toward the tent flap. He took another step forward, keeping as quiet as possible. "I'm trying to help everyone... get out of here. Everyone who wants to anyway."

"Hey, don't - " the mirror's voice peaked and she paused, then continued, matching his whisper. "Stay away from me. Why should I trust you?"

"I..." Ciron sighed. "I mean, I wouldn't either. But I don't think you don't have any better options here."

The mirror briefly looked downward, focusing on her talons before glaring back at him.

"If you just stick near me, everyone else will leave you alone," Ciron said. "And in time, I can try to get you home."

"How?" she asked, still in a terse whisper.

"It depends on how things go," he evaded. "We just have to wait for the right opportunity. "What's your name?"

"It's Peony," she replied. She seemed to slump somewhat upon saying it.

"Okay, Peony, will you come with me for now?" he asked. "I'll introduce you to Pox and the hatchlings."

"You have kids?" she asked flatly, slowly stepping toward him.

"They're, uh, adopted," Ciron said before turning and nodding toward the tent flaps. "Okay, just follow me."

Onward

Edan looked through each packed bag, checking for food, waterskins, bandages, and everything else each and every one of his group would need.

Reika had already gone over all their equipment several times, repeating her confidence in her craftsmanship all the while.
It was easy for him to see her worry through the bravado, but there was no point in mentioning it. He was scared, as well.

His clan was splitting roughly in half for the journey; with the bulk of the most skilled warriors coming with him, and the others staying back to look after the homestead. He'd made it clear that nobody had to join him, but there was no shortage of volunteers regardless.
Unsurprising when so many of his clan members had grown up alongside Ciron, and knowing the things his birthclan was capable of.

The mirror grit his teeth, buckling the last of the satchels shut and setting them by the door.

They were as ready as they could be. They'd leave tomorrow.

MMMM shortest update EVER.

I've uhh been going through a lot recently but no excuses. The nuzlocke is almost over. I am going to finish it. I won't get into what's gone on irl for me but I suddenly have a funny little window of time I didn't think I was going to sooo that'll be for finishing this damn nuzlocke.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678, @wolfbutterfly42
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Mini-Update: Grey

Ciron and Peony's time together had evolved from being full of animosity to simply tense and awkward. The mirror kept to herself for the mostpart, though she would occasionally share a quiet conversation with Pox.
Thankfully, her supposed union to him offered her plenty of protection; the rest of the clan left her completely alone now, she was able to walk freely through the campsite, and was given her choice of food immediately after him.
He still knew little about her, but that wasn't surprising. They didn't need to bond, he just needed to focus on getting her out.

For that reason, he had begun to spend more time alongside Valsig and Geron. The two guards - brutish though they were - were somehow more approachable than the others. More talkative, certainly. He had a feeling that having them more on his side would be helpful. He'd learned bits and pieces about them that he never would have guessed otherwise, but the most important was that they didn't particularly enjoy being there either.

He wasn't foolish enough to tell them about his plans. Not yet, at least.
Mini-Update: Grey

Ciron and Peony's time together had evolved from being full of animosity to simply tense and awkward. The mirror kept to herself for the mostpart, though she would occasionally share a quiet conversation with Pox.
Thankfully, her supposed union to him offered her plenty of protection; the rest of the clan left her completely alone now, she was able to walk freely through the campsite, and was given her choice of food immediately after him.
He still knew little about her, but that wasn't surprising. They didn't need to bond, he just needed to focus on getting her out.

For that reason, he had begun to spend more time alongside Valsig and Geron. The two guards - brutish though they were - were somehow more approachable than the others. More talkative, certainly. He had a feeling that having them more on his side would be helpful. He'd learned bits and pieces about them that he never would have guessed otherwise, but the most important was that they didn't particularly enjoy being there either.

He wasn't foolish enough to tell them about his plans. Not yet, at least.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Fault

"But why are you here, then?" the little banescale asked, her tiny flock all looking up with wide, curious eyes.

"I didn't choose to be here," Peony stated, her patience clearly wearing thin. "I was brought here."

"But why?" Mitzi pressed, cocking her head to the side.

"That's enough," Pox interrupted, waving the banescale fledglings away. "Go play."

"But - " Nara began, only to wilt and turn tail as the skydancer once more shooed her away.

The three eventually busied themselves with a game of tug-of-war just outside the tent, and the two adult females breathed a collective sigh of relief.

"Do you get sick of looking after his kids for him?" Peony asked. She shifted and lay down on the carpet, resting her head on her crossed forearms.

"Hmm... not really," Pox replied. "And besides, they're basically my kids too. We found them together."

"...Weird," Peony remarked, raising a brow.

Pox made a dismissive noise and waved a hand idly.

"What are you two, anyway?" the mirror asked, that quizzical expression still on her face.

"Nothing," Pox responded quickly. "Maybe... allies? I suppose. I don't want to be here either."

Another few minutes of silence.

"Who were you before all this, anyway?" Pox asked cautiously.

"What do you mean?"

"Ciron is a prince. There must be a reason they picked you, specifically."

"Ugh," Peony rubbed her forehead. "I'm a clan leader's daughter. That's it."

"Was it an important clan?"

"I mean... not really. Average, I think. I don't know....
What about you, Pox?"

"...We were jewelers," the skydancer replied quietly. "Techniques passed down through the generations. We were actually well-known for it, so I guess it's not surprising that..."

She trailed off, and it was quiet once more.

"You must miss it terribly."

"I do."

The mirror sat up. "Well, I hope we can both get home soon."

"I can't," Pox replied. "I've been there since. There's nothing left."

"Oh," the mirror blurted. "They really let you go back?"

"They took me there to scavenge. Find old hoards. There's nothing left, nobody," Pox shook her head, then paused. She looked over at Peony, and then carefully pulled her small pendant from its hiding place in her silks. "...Except this, from my own hoard. My and my mother's project."

"It's beautiful," Peony began. "Wait, how on earth did you get to keep that?"

"Nobody else knows about it - aside from Ciron, anyway," Pox replied, quickly hiding it once more. "It's my piece of home. Keeps me sane, really."

"Maybe... when all this is over, you could come with me," Peony offered. "My clan is intact, I-I'm sure of it. We might have to work out custody of your kids, though."

Pox chuckled, trying not to show her doubt.
"I'd like that. Thank you."

There is also a mini-update just above this.
An extra note, please don't see either of these ladies as Ciron's love interest. Given the dynamic that is just. Icky icky. Lol.

In Shadow Of The Gods Pinglist:

Fault

"But why are you here, then?" the little banescale asked, her tiny flock all looking up with wide, curious eyes.

"I didn't choose to be here," Peony stated, her patience clearly wearing thin. "I was brought here."

"But why?" Mitzi pressed, cocking her head to the side.

"That's enough," Pox interrupted, waving the banescale fledglings away. "Go play."

"But - " Nara began, only to wilt and turn tail as the skydancer once more shooed her away.

The three eventually busied themselves with a game of tug-of-war just outside the tent, and the two adult females breathed a collective sigh of relief.

"Do you get sick of looking after his kids for him?" Peony asked. She shifted and lay down on the carpet, resting her head on her crossed forearms.

"Hmm... not really," Pox replied. "And besides, they're basically my kids too. We found them together."

"...Weird," Peony remarked, raising a brow.

Pox made a dismissive noise and waved a hand idly.

"What are you two, anyway?" the mirror asked, that quizzical expression still on her face.

"Nothing," Pox responded quickly. "Maybe... allies? I suppose. I don't want to be here either."

Another few minutes of silence.

"Who were you before all this, anyway?" Pox asked cautiously.

"What do you mean?"

"Ciron is a prince. There must be a reason they picked you, specifically."

"Ugh," Peony rubbed her forehead. "I'm a clan leader's daughter. That's it."

"Was it an important clan?"

"I mean... not really. Average, I think. I don't know....
What about you, Pox?"

"...We were jewelers," the skydancer replied quietly. "Techniques passed down through the generations. We were actually well-known for it, so I guess it's not surprising that..."

She trailed off, and it was quiet once more.

"You must miss it terribly."

"I do."

The mirror sat up. "Well, I hope we can both get home soon."

"I can't," Pox replied. "I've been there since. There's nothing left."

"Oh," the mirror blurted. "They really let you go back?"

"They took me there to scavenge. Find old hoards. There's nothing left, nobody," Pox shook her head, then paused. She looked over at Peony, and then carefully pulled her small pendant from its hiding place in her silks. "...Except this, from my own hoard. My and my mother's project."

"It's beautiful," Peony began. "Wait, how on earth did you get to keep that?"

"Nobody else knows about it - aside from Ciron, anyway," Pox replied, quickly hiding it once more. "It's my piece of home. Keeps me sane, really."

"Maybe... when all this is over, you could come with me," Peony offered. "My clan is intact, I-I'm sure of it. We might have to work out custody of your kids, though."

Pox chuckled, trying not to show her doubt.
"I'd like that. Thank you."

There is also a mini-update just above this.
An extra note, please don't see either of these ladies as Ciron's love interest. Given the dynamic that is just. Icky icky. Lol.

PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
MY LAST ENTRY WAS IN MARCH

God I can't believe my life went even further to hell

I
god.
MY LAST ENTRY WAS IN MARCH

God I can't believe my life went even further to hell

I
god.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Sunset

Days quietly slipped into weeks as Ciron continued to try to formulate a plan to end things for the better. If he'd only known that Edan's clan was searching for him on the mainland, mere miles away, he would have sought them out - but such was not the case.

So instead he spent his days hunting for and protecting his so-called clan, offering quiet, subtle kindnesses to the dragons who worked around him in the rare times Altiel wasn't watching.

He hoped he'd make a few allies for when the time came to... well, he wasn't sure. Cut and run? Fight? All the possibilities scared him. Paralyzed him.
But he'd find out where loyalties lay soon enough, and in a terrible way.

He could hear a commotion while heading back from a hunting trip alongside the banescales, Geron, and Valsig, and found a crowd gathered around Altiel, who was berating Pox. He saw the pendant he'd let her hide so long ago clutched in his father's claw, and rushed to intervene -

But somehow Mitzi was faster. She launched herself from her perch on Valsig's shoulder to grab Altiel's wrist as he prepared to strike. The white pearlcatcher flinched, then threw his arm outward, sending the fledgling crashing into the nearby rocks.

There was a sickening crack, and she lay still.

Ciron let out a cry, but it was drowned out by Nara and Meika as they ran to their sister's side. He moved to follow, already charging his breath for as strong a healing spell as he could muster, but Altiel grabbed him and pulled him away.

"Gods' sake, do your job for once," the older pearlcatcher hissed, shoving him toward Pox. "I've been letting you play house a little too long, everyone needs to learn their pl -"

Ciron loosed a gout of flame directly into his father's face and then charged forward, crashing into the older pearlcatcher with all the strength he could muster while he was still stunned.

Pox dashed away from them both, rushing to Mitzi's side. Ciron watched for any sign of life from the banescale for a moment too long, and then he was blinded by searing light. Altiel had risen, and his magic was overwhelming.

Blindly, Ciron charged again, heard his father grunt as he made impact, and grabbed on. He channeled flames through his claws and did everything he could to hold on as he heard chaos erupt around him.

There was fighting all around them, he had no doubt of that, but he could only see vague shapes and black blots over vague white - and then pure white again as Altiel's magic cut through him once more.

Ciron shut his eyes and aimed his breath as best he could before letting loose another blast of fire, assured only by Altiel's screaming that he had hit his mark as the elder pearlcatcher fought free from his grasp.
Altiel was shouting commands, but he couldn't focus on what they were in his desperation. As his vision slowly began to clear, he saw Altiel urgently attempting to heal his wounds, and one of his footsoldiers - a mirror - rushing forward with a sword pointed directly at him. Ciron didn't have a chance to try to evade it.

It was then that Nara and Meika flew to his defense, clawing at his attacker's face as the mirror tried to swat them both away. Ciron clasped a talon over his wound, trying to catch his breath to tell the fledglings to just get away, as Altiel's mouth began to glow with white-hot light.

The ground began to shake.
Valsig and Geron rushed forward, the guardian standing between him and Altiel, and the ridgeback continuing on, unnervingly fluid in spite of his massive size.

Though Geron blocked much of what he might have seen even - and his eyesight was still damaged from the light magic, at that - Ciron still saw Valsig's massive form blot out the sun as he raised up on his hind legs. Then, in the blink of an eye, the ridgeback slammed his talons down.

Altiel let out a scream that faded out like a sigh, and the fighting all around them died out.

"It's done. Leave," Valsig said, his voice utterly empty of emotion.

There was very little movement from the other dragons, most still just staring at what was left of their leader, captor, whatever else.

"You 'eard 'im," Geron growled, turning to address the crowd. "Leave."

And then, all at once, the group scattered. The bulk of the clan immediately took to the air, with a scattered few undoing the bindings of the others, and some rushing to grab whatever valuables they had before leaving.

Ciron had just managed to close his wound enough to stop the bleeding. He fought to stay on his feet, but ultimately had to lean against Geron's leg to steady himself. The guardian didn't react, still watching the others retreat.

The two banescales stayed huddled against him, and for the next long minutes, all he could hear was the churning and splashing of water as Valsig washed his talons.

His eyes stung, but the sunbursts ebbed away. Ciron silently looked over the remnants of the camp, the... mess... of his father's remains, and finally to Pox - and to his surprise, Peony - huddled by the rocks.

"Pox, is Mitzi - " he began, but in his heart he knew the answer.

Pox turned, the banescale still cradled in her arms. The skydancer shook her head, choking back sobs. Peony put her claw on her shoulder, and she took a deep breath before responding, her voice ragged.
"She's - she's gone."

Hey my life has hardcore gone to hell in the past months. Almost exactly since my last entry, coincidentally. The story will be done soon.

If anyone is still reading, let me know if you want Mitzi and I'll send her to you. She's so pretty... I feel bad exalting. But of course, I will if nobody wants her.
Sunset

Days quietly slipped into weeks as Ciron continued to try to formulate a plan to end things for the better. If he'd only known that Edan's clan was searching for him on the mainland, mere miles away, he would have sought them out - but such was not the case.

So instead he spent his days hunting for and protecting his so-called clan, offering quiet, subtle kindnesses to the dragons who worked around him in the rare times Altiel wasn't watching.

He hoped he'd make a few allies for when the time came to... well, he wasn't sure. Cut and run? Fight? All the possibilities scared him. Paralyzed him.
But he'd find out where loyalties lay soon enough, and in a terrible way.

He could hear a commotion while heading back from a hunting trip alongside the banescales, Geron, and Valsig, and found a crowd gathered around Altiel, who was berating Pox. He saw the pendant he'd let her hide so long ago clutched in his father's claw, and rushed to intervene -

But somehow Mitzi was faster. She launched herself from her perch on Valsig's shoulder to grab Altiel's wrist as he prepared to strike. The white pearlcatcher flinched, then threw his arm outward, sending the fledgling crashing into the nearby rocks.

There was a sickening crack, and she lay still.

Ciron let out a cry, but it was drowned out by Nara and Meika as they ran to their sister's side. He moved to follow, already charging his breath for as strong a healing spell as he could muster, but Altiel grabbed him and pulled him away.

"Gods' sake, do your job for once," the older pearlcatcher hissed, shoving him toward Pox. "I've been letting you play house a little too long, everyone needs to learn their pl -"

Ciron loosed a gout of flame directly into his father's face and then charged forward, crashing into the older pearlcatcher with all the strength he could muster while he was still stunned.

Pox dashed away from them both, rushing to Mitzi's side. Ciron watched for any sign of life from the banescale for a moment too long, and then he was blinded by searing light. Altiel had risen, and his magic was overwhelming.

Blindly, Ciron charged again, heard his father grunt as he made impact, and grabbed on. He channeled flames through his claws and did everything he could to hold on as he heard chaos erupt around him.

There was fighting all around them, he had no doubt of that, but he could only see vague shapes and black blots over vague white - and then pure white again as Altiel's magic cut through him once more.

Ciron shut his eyes and aimed his breath as best he could before letting loose another blast of fire, assured only by Altiel's screaming that he had hit his mark as the elder pearlcatcher fought free from his grasp.
Altiel was shouting commands, but he couldn't focus on what they were in his desperation. As his vision slowly began to clear, he saw Altiel urgently attempting to heal his wounds, and one of his footsoldiers - a mirror - rushing forward with a sword pointed directly at him. Ciron didn't have a chance to try to evade it.

It was then that Nara and Meika flew to his defense, clawing at his attacker's face as the mirror tried to swat them both away. Ciron clasped a talon over his wound, trying to catch his breath to tell the fledglings to just get away, as Altiel's mouth began to glow with white-hot light.

The ground began to shake.
Valsig and Geron rushed forward, the guardian standing between him and Altiel, and the ridgeback continuing on, unnervingly fluid in spite of his massive size.

Though Geron blocked much of what he might have seen even - and his eyesight was still damaged from the light magic, at that - Ciron still saw Valsig's massive form blot out the sun as he raised up on his hind legs. Then, in the blink of an eye, the ridgeback slammed his talons down.

Altiel let out a scream that faded out like a sigh, and the fighting all around them died out.

"It's done. Leave," Valsig said, his voice utterly empty of emotion.

There was very little movement from the other dragons, most still just staring at what was left of their leader, captor, whatever else.

"You 'eard 'im," Geron growled, turning to address the crowd. "Leave."

And then, all at once, the group scattered. The bulk of the clan immediately took to the air, with a scattered few undoing the bindings of the others, and some rushing to grab whatever valuables they had before leaving.

Ciron had just managed to close his wound enough to stop the bleeding. He fought to stay on his feet, but ultimately had to lean against Geron's leg to steady himself. The guardian didn't react, still watching the others retreat.

The two banescales stayed huddled against him, and for the next long minutes, all he could hear was the churning and splashing of water as Valsig washed his talons.

His eyes stung, but the sunbursts ebbed away. Ciron silently looked over the remnants of the camp, the... mess... of his father's remains, and finally to Pox - and to his surprise, Peony - huddled by the rocks.

"Pox, is Mitzi - " he began, but in his heart he knew the answer.

Pox turned, the banescale still cradled in her arms. The skydancer shook her head, choking back sobs. Peony put her claw on her shoulder, and she took a deep breath before responding, her voice ragged.
"She's - she's gone."

Hey my life has hardcore gone to hell in the past months. Almost exactly since my last entry, coincidentally. The story will be done soon.

If anyone is still reading, let me know if you want Mitzi and I'll send her to you. She's so pretty... I feel bad exalting. But of course, I will if nobody wants her.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Probably just one more entry after this.

And also a note - Mitzi was in no way scripted to die. I had bigger plans for her. Nuzlockes are rough and unpredictable. It can be damn hard to wring a plot out of what happens.
Probably just one more entry after this.

And also a note - Mitzi was in no way scripted to die. I had bigger plans for her. Nuzlockes are rough and unpredictable. It can be damn hard to wring a plot out of what happens.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
I would absolutely adore a chance to have her! @Kaial ive followed this since near the beginning and to have a piece of your story would be epic! She would be a permanent member of my clan

Also ive loved how you've written this and even with real life happenings you are able to still update this on occasion. I wish i could juggle stuff like that. I cant even keep up with my breeding projects...
I would absolutely adore a chance to have her! @Kaial ive followed this since near the beginning and to have a piece of your story would be epic! She would be a permanent member of my clan

Also ive loved how you've written this and even with real life happenings you are able to still update this on occasion. I wish i could juggle stuff like that. I cant even keep up with my breeding projects...
Link to my all in 1 shop!
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/3284309/1#post_55390095
@AnimeLover9631

Ah yes, you have been here for quite some time! I recognize your username. Thanks for bearing with me and seeing it through to the end.

Mitzi is being sent your way. May she have a new life in your clan.
@AnimeLover9631

Ah yes, you have been here for quite some time! I recognize your username. Thanks for bearing with me and seeing it through to the end.

Mitzi is being sent your way. May she have a new life in your clan.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Sunrise

Edan's group found the remnants of Ciron's soon enough. The mass exodus of dragons was impossible to miss on the horizon, so they simply followed it to its source.

Of course, there was little to do aside from help clean up the mess that had been left behind, and to help bury the little banescale they'd never met.

For so many with dreams of justice and revenge, this was hardly satisfactory. But so often that's how it is in life.

Deimoro - still eager for heroism - was quick to offer his group's services as bodyguards to Pox and Peony, to help them get home safely.

Reika formed a group of her own to track down the remnants of Altiel's group that needed to be brought to justice.

Pox bid a tearful goodbye to the banescale hatchlings - and a much more awkward one to Ciron - and the groups parted ways.

Ciron seldom left his room for the first few subsequent days home, overwhelmed by his own mourning and feelings of failure. For the mostpart, Meika and Nara stayed with him, but the young banescales were slowly drawn out by Ila's nurturing ways - and her cooking.

The clan gradually started to get back into normal, as much as was possible. With its major threat gone, there was no longer a need to hide as they had been. Wanderlust hit many of the young members of the group, and before long many of them joined up with Zuehal's caravan to see the world.
Many found their homes far off in Sornieth, thankfully able to correspond via letter thanks to the wildclaw's endless travels.

Meanwhile, Edan's settlement had began to build a name for itself in spite of his own concerns - but it was a big clan now, regardless of who left, and he did what he could to embrace the safety in numbers he now had as visitors began to make their way to his home to meet the now-famous seamstress Ila, and the ingenious sculptor Hazel.

They had imports and exports, and gradually became prosperous enough they no longer needed to fear running out of food stores.

And then, soon after, Saerun finally returned.
The skydancer seemed... different, from how she had been before. Steeped in nature magic, and with a certain calm that had been absent from her previously.
Much of that quickly vanished when she saw Valsig and Geron had joined the clan - and then learned that Ciron was back but had shut himself away.
She immediately barged into his room and slammed the door behind her.

"Saerun?"

"Ciron, get out of bed."

"Wh-where have you been? I - "

"Are you really asking me that? What in the Gods' names were you thinking, running off?" the skydancer paused to rub her temples. "Look, we're not getting into that. Edan filled me in. I'm glad you're safe. But you need to try to pull yourself together. Wallowing in it all for so long just makes it worse."

"I don't really feel like I deserve to."

"That's dumb. No... that's... that's not a rational part of you that's talking," she shook her head. "And besides, you wound up with kids, right?"

"I mean, I found them."

"And raised them. Yea. How do you think they feel losing their sibling and then their dad?"

Ciron slowly sat up.
"Saerun, will you tell me where you were?"

"I went looking for my old clan," she said, wrapping her wings around herself. "I wanted to get closure somewhere."

A pause.

"It didn't work out," she said with a shrug, clearly trying to sound nonchalant. "I wound up spending time in the Nature territory anyway, though. Make the most of the trip, try to get closer to my god, I guess."

"Did that work?" he asked tentatively.

Saerun nodded.

"Can I ask you something else?"

"Shoot."

"Are you my mother?"

Saerun let out a single, sharp laugh.
"I don't know! Maybe. Honestly, I hope not - but that doesn't matter. We're family anyway, aren't we? Blood doesn't matter like that."

"I - yeah, I guess."

"Good. So, listen, it'd be best if we started over, don't you think?"

"Like just... forget everything? I don't think I can."

"No, give all the pain its place and try your best regardless. That's how you... that's how you stay alive," Saerun explained quietly. She slapped him on the back to cut the mood. "Anyway! Come on, let's get some food or something."

"Alright, let's go."

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH hello folks. This is the final official chapter of ISotG. Maybe it didn't end how you wanted? It's not how I anticipated it. It hurts to look back at all the mechanics I couldn't put in, but there wasn't much to be done.
Please keep in mind this was supposed to be a cowritten nuzlocke with a friend who passed away. There was no way I could continue with the starting vision. I'm just so grateful I did actually manage to finish.

There are still some loose ends that need to be tied up, but thankfully I will be doing so via finally finishing up all the nuzlocke group's bios now that I don't have to worry about spoilers! I may do a few more light chapters involving Reika's crusade, Deimoro and his group's return, and general life in the clan nowadays, but they won't be posted in the same way and I won't be pinging for them - unless you specifically ask me to. Interactions have really dried up and I can't help but feel I'm bothering folks otherwise, so, lol.

Many of the nuzlocke babies who survived will be for sale here, or free for readers (I prefer you do not take them to exalt but cannot control it.)

And finally, for the few who still read, and for Kizzy: I powered through for you. Thank you.

Sunrise

Edan's group found the remnants of Ciron's soon enough. The mass exodus of dragons was impossible to miss on the horizon, so they simply followed it to its source.

Of course, there was little to do aside from help clean up the mess that had been left behind, and to help bury the little banescale they'd never met.

For so many with dreams of justice and revenge, this was hardly satisfactory. But so often that's how it is in life.

Deimoro - still eager for heroism - was quick to offer his group's services as bodyguards to Pox and Peony, to help them get home safely.

Reika formed a group of her own to track down the remnants of Altiel's group that needed to be brought to justice.

Pox bid a tearful goodbye to the banescale hatchlings - and a much more awkward one to Ciron - and the groups parted ways.

Ciron seldom left his room for the first few subsequent days home, overwhelmed by his own mourning and feelings of failure. For the mostpart, Meika and Nara stayed with him, but the young banescales were slowly drawn out by Ila's nurturing ways - and her cooking.

The clan gradually started to get back into normal, as much as was possible. With its major threat gone, there was no longer a need to hide as they had been. Wanderlust hit many of the young members of the group, and before long many of them joined up with Zuehal's caravan to see the world.
Many found their homes far off in Sornieth, thankfully able to correspond via letter thanks to the wildclaw's endless travels.

Meanwhile, Edan's settlement had began to build a name for itself in spite of his own concerns - but it was a big clan now, regardless of who left, and he did what he could to embrace the safety in numbers he now had as visitors began to make their way to his home to meet the now-famous seamstress Ila, and the ingenious sculptor Hazel.

They had imports and exports, and gradually became prosperous enough they no longer needed to fear running out of food stores.

And then, soon after, Saerun finally returned.
The skydancer seemed... different, from how she had been before. Steeped in nature magic, and with a certain calm that had been absent from her previously.
Much of that quickly vanished when she saw Valsig and Geron had joined the clan - and then learned that Ciron was back but had shut himself away.
She immediately barged into his room and slammed the door behind her.

"Saerun?"

"Ciron, get out of bed."

"Wh-where have you been? I - "

"Are you really asking me that? What in the Gods' names were you thinking, running off?" the skydancer paused to rub her temples. "Look, we're not getting into that. Edan filled me in. I'm glad you're safe. But you need to try to pull yourself together. Wallowing in it all for so long just makes it worse."

"I don't really feel like I deserve to."

"That's dumb. No... that's... that's not a rational part of you that's talking," she shook her head. "And besides, you wound up with kids, right?"

"I mean, I found them."

"And raised them. Yea. How do you think they feel losing their sibling and then their dad?"

Ciron slowly sat up.
"Saerun, will you tell me where you were?"

"I went looking for my old clan," she said, wrapping her wings around herself. "I wanted to get closure somewhere."

A pause.

"It didn't work out," she said with a shrug, clearly trying to sound nonchalant. "I wound up spending time in the Nature territory anyway, though. Make the most of the trip, try to get closer to my god, I guess."

"Did that work?" he asked tentatively.

Saerun nodded.

"Can I ask you something else?"

"Shoot."

"Are you my mother?"

Saerun let out a single, sharp laugh.
"I don't know! Maybe. Honestly, I hope not - but that doesn't matter. We're family anyway, aren't we? Blood doesn't matter like that."

"I - yeah, I guess."

"Good. So, listen, it'd be best if we started over, don't you think?"

"Like just... forget everything? I don't think I can."

"No, give all the pain its place and try your best regardless. That's how you... that's how you stay alive," Saerun explained quietly. She slapped him on the back to cut the mood. "Anyway! Come on, let's get some food or something."

"Alright, let's go."

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH hello folks. This is the final official chapter of ISotG. Maybe it didn't end how you wanted? It's not how I anticipated it. It hurts to look back at all the mechanics I couldn't put in, but there wasn't much to be done.
Please keep in mind this was supposed to be a cowritten nuzlocke with a friend who passed away. There was no way I could continue with the starting vision. I'm just so grateful I did actually manage to finish.

There are still some loose ends that need to be tied up, but thankfully I will be doing so via finally finishing up all the nuzlocke group's bios now that I don't have to worry about spoilers! I may do a few more light chapters involving Reika's crusade, Deimoro and his group's return, and general life in the clan nowadays, but they won't be posted in the same way and I won't be pinging for them - unless you specifically ask me to. Interactions have really dried up and I can't help but feel I'm bothering folks otherwise, so, lol.

Many of the nuzlocke babies who survived will be for sale here, or free for readers (I prefer you do not take them to exalt but cannot control it.)

And finally, for the few who still read, and for Kizzy: I powered through for you. Thank you.

PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63