Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 63
[b]Embers[/b] It had occurred to Ciron that, in spite of all the time he'd spent in the Earthshaker's domain, he'd never really done much digging. He'd also come to the realization that he wasn't particularly good at it, and that he definitely didn't like it. The pearlcatcher suppressed a cough, knowing that if he did, he'd inhale more of the foul ash and make it even harder to breathe as he tried to reach the actual [i]ground[/i]. He could hear Geron clawing into the ground nearby, clearly having no difficulty thanks to his size. As for Valsig and Pox, well, he couldn't really tell. He couldn't hear them and with how much dust had been kicked up he couldn't see much of anything at all. He paused, briefly considering how pointless his being there was. The ash began to flow back downward, filling the meagre hole he'd managed to carve out. He swore, choked on the air, and stumbled backward in a coughing fit. From up above, he heard a sharp laugh. Valsig, evidently, had been watching the whole time. And then came another rumbling, but this time, it was almost deafening. Valsig was no longer laughing, and Ciron noticed a strange light on his face. "Under the shelter," he said, his voice growing more urgent with each syllable. "Back. [i]Under. The shelter. Now[/i]!" Ciron had barely had time to even turn toward the lean-to before the ridgeback was upon him. He was under the stone shelter before he registered what was happening, with Pox quickly tossed next to him. Geron and Valsig shoved their way in and braced against the wall and ceiling, and in moments he heard the sound of rock hitting rock. The ground shook. He wasn't sure how long they stayed like that, but the eruptions and outfall seemed to come in waves, and whenever he thought it might have been safe, it would happen again. He was certain hours passed before the ridgeback and guardian finally began to relax, and it was Geron who first stepped out from under the lean-to, flexing his wings and groaning. "Gods [i]damn[/i], I hate the Flamecaller an' her godsdamned volcanoes," he croaked, shaking his head. "Don't any o' you touch the - actually, you're fire. You'll be fine." Ciron stepped back out, Pox following shortly after. As Valsig slipped out after them, the shelter collapsed with a loud thud. "This ain't worth it," Geron huffed, frowning as he gazed around at the rocks - ranging from pebbles to boulders, some still glowing with heat. "What if one of the bigger ones had smacked down on our little prince, huh? Then who's necks are on the line?" "We can't really head back empty clawed though, can we?" Valsig snorted in reply. "We can. Better than not headin' back at all," Geron grumbled in reply, and within moments the two giant dragons were bickering. It was then that Ciron noticed Pox was nowhere to be seen. He hadn't noticed her slipping off anywhere, and his retainers were certainly still oblivious. He briefly considered whether she was trying to make a proper break for it - and whether to stop her for her own sake or just let her go - when he saw her stumble out from behind one of the still-standing walls with something clutched to her chest. She quickly tucked it in the folds of the scarf around her neck - Ciron was fairly sure he saw the chain of a necklace. "[i]Well fine then, let's just start turning over rocks and looking for lizards and all that bull -[/i]" Pox's gaze was utterly fixed on Valsig and Geron arguing as she hurried back. She didn't notice Ciron staring at her until she'd almost run into him. She staggered, letting out a small gasp which was enough to catch Valsig's attention. The ridgeback turned to face them, raising a brow. "So... are we going or not?" Ciron asked, trying to sound casual - and a bit annoyed, for good measure. Valsig opened and shut his mouth, considering before flicking out a wing in exasperation. "[i]Fine[/i], yeah, we're going. There might be more eruptions, and this was a godsdamned bust anyway, let's get the hell out of here." "Finally," Geron deadpanned, plodding his way out of the ruins and waiting expectantly. They all followed suit, Valsig carefully avoiding the superheated rock that littered the area as they began the trek home. ----------- They were about halfway back to camp, as best as Ciron could guess. Ash fell from the sky like snow, and had already begun to cover the new rubble that had fallen. This made trying to find any particular landmarks utterly hopeless - so all he really had to go on was how much time he felt passed. It had felt like a very long time. Valsig and Geron had spoken very little since their previous spat, and seemed to be having some difficulty discerning the way back as well, so he wasn't even particularly convinced they were going the right way at that point. Pox occasionally snuck confused glances in his direction, evidently trying to judge just why he hadn't said anything. As if he could give a reason. The pearlcatcher had been making a point of looking away, tempering his discomfort as best he could throughout the long, silent trek. But then, something caught his eye. He certainly wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't happened to be staring exactly in its direction, but there was something still smouldering, and it was a different colour than the rest of the land. "Hey! Hey," he said, stopping and pointing a wing. "Hold on, there's something over here." Valsig turned, then briefly shifted to his hind legs to get a better look before hurrying off where Ciron had indicated. "Well, well, [i]well[/i]!" the ridgeback exclaimed, beckoning for them to follow and calling out. "We won't be empty-clawed after all!" Ciron broke into a trot, Geron nudging Pox along behind him. He wasn't immediately sure what he was looking at, but he smelled burnt meat, so he could make some assumptions about the charred mess in front of him. "Looks like one of the rocks landed right on 'em," Valsig laughed, pulling a carcass free and dragging the entire thing into one of his bags. "Cooked the damn things, even!" "What are they?" Ciron asked hesitantly, unable to tell from the charred hide. "They're not dragons, are they?" "[i]Dragons?[/i]" Valsig exclaimed. "Of course they're not dragons, y' little i [i]prince[/i] - " "Rambra herd, looks like," Geron rumbled as he moved forward, preparing his own bags. "We needed meat. Grab as much as you can carry." Pox silently began to pull away what salvageable meat she could from one of the poor beasts the rock had actually hit on impact, and Ciron moved to one that was simply on the ground nearby. He wasn't sure what had killed it, at first, but it also smelled faintly... cooked. But when he reached to flip it over, he was met with a flurry of tiny wings, and furious screeches. He screamed, leaping backwards and shielding his face as his minute assailants clawed at it. Without thinking, he breathed out a puff of fire, and it all stopped. He moved his claws from his eyes hesitantly, then looked down at the trio of small creatures who were simply staring back at him in some quiet awe. He must've not actually managed to hit them with his fire, which he was suddenly glad for. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=94&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=81&auth=6bc5d2436e5fb693ffc22c5b152d6b8931be4731&dummyext=prev.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=160&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=14&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=172&auth=34892fb301ed9c22782c024e2458092f5e74c7c3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=53&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=165&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=119&auth=895f7ec4437e3a619bad44bce7b10ef027591e2a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] "Are these... dragons?" he asked, watching as the three tiny things just sat there, evidently mesmerized by his eyes. "I don't... know," Valsig replied slowly. Geron said nothing at all. "They - I think those are banescales," Pox exclaimed, rushing over to see. "They look just like what they said in our old stories - but - they're extinct. They've been extinct for, I don't even know, hundreds upon hundreds of years." One of the creatures, the largest, seemed to be over its surprise and turned back to gnaw on the rambra's haunch. "What do we do with them?" Geron asked. "Might be banescales, might just be some dragon-looking creature - we have a lot of those." "I think they're hatchlings," Pox said, peering down at the two that were still focused on Ciron. "I think... if they had a parent around, we'd know by now." "We should probably take them," Ciron said. "It's what - it's what the caravan I was part of would do, anyway." "More mouths to feed," Valsig sighed, then shrugged. "But sure, why not. I'd like to know what these things are, might be quite the discovery." ------------- [sub]HELLO HAPPY HOLIDAYS AAAH sorry this one is all over the place, but my baby was literally yelling and repeatedly attempting to bite my arm and laptop so. You do what you can Oh man. The. Banes. The banes in this chapter as babies are over a year old now. Oh man. @Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye
Embers

It had occurred to Ciron that, in spite of all the time he'd spent in the Earthshaker's domain, he'd never really done much digging.
He'd also come to the realization that he wasn't particularly good at it, and that he definitely didn't like it.

The pearlcatcher suppressed a cough, knowing that if he did, he'd inhale more of the foul ash and make it even harder to breathe as he tried to reach the actual ground.

He could hear Geron clawing into the ground nearby, clearly having no difficulty thanks to his size. As for Valsig and Pox, well, he couldn't really tell. He couldn't hear them and with how much dust had been kicked up he couldn't see much of anything at all.

He paused, briefly considering how pointless his being there was. The ash began to flow back downward, filling the meagre hole he'd managed to carve out.
He swore, choked on the air, and stumbled backward in a coughing fit.

From up above, he heard a sharp laugh. Valsig, evidently, had been watching the whole time.

And then came another rumbling, but this time, it was almost deafening. Valsig was no longer laughing, and Ciron noticed a strange light on his face.
"Under the shelter," he said, his voice growing more urgent with each syllable. "Back. Under. The shelter. Now!"

Ciron had barely had time to even turn toward the lean-to before the ridgeback was upon him. He was under the stone shelter before he registered what was happening, with Pox quickly tossed next to him. Geron and Valsig shoved their way in and braced against the wall and ceiling, and in moments he heard the sound of rock hitting rock. The ground shook.

He wasn't sure how long they stayed like that, but the eruptions and outfall seemed to come in waves, and whenever he thought it might have been safe, it would happen again.

He was certain hours passed before the ridgeback and guardian finally began to relax, and it was Geron who first stepped out from under the lean-to, flexing his wings and groaning.
"Gods damn, I hate the Flamecaller an' her godsdamned volcanoes," he croaked, shaking his head. "Don't any o' you touch the - actually, you're fire. You'll be fine."

Ciron stepped back out, Pox following shortly after.
As Valsig slipped out after them, the shelter collapsed with a loud thud.

"This ain't worth it," Geron huffed, frowning as he gazed around at the rocks - ranging from pebbles to boulders, some still glowing with heat. "What if one of the bigger ones had smacked down on our little prince, huh? Then who's necks are on the line?"

"We can't really head back empty clawed though, can we?" Valsig snorted in reply.

"We can. Better than not headin' back at all," Geron grumbled in reply, and within moments the two giant dragons were bickering.

It was then that Ciron noticed Pox was nowhere to be seen.
He hadn't noticed her slipping off anywhere, and his retainers were certainly still oblivious.

He briefly considered whether she was trying to make a proper break for it - and whether to stop her for her own sake or just let her go - when he saw her stumble out from behind one of the still-standing walls with something clutched to her chest. She quickly tucked it in the folds of the scarf around her neck - Ciron was fairly sure he saw the chain of a necklace.

"Well fine then, let's just start turning over rocks and looking for lizards and all that bull -"

Pox's gaze was utterly fixed on Valsig and Geron arguing as she hurried back. She didn't notice Ciron staring at her until she'd almost run into him.

She staggered, letting out a small gasp which was enough to catch Valsig's attention. The ridgeback turned to face them, raising a brow.

"So... are we going or not?" Ciron asked, trying to sound casual - and a bit annoyed, for good measure.

Valsig opened and shut his mouth, considering before flicking out a wing in exasperation. "Fine, yeah, we're going. There might be more eruptions, and this was a godsdamned bust anyway, let's get the hell out of here."

"Finally," Geron deadpanned, plodding his way out of the ruins and waiting expectantly. They all followed suit, Valsig carefully avoiding the superheated rock that littered the area as they began the trek home.

They were about halfway back to camp, as best as Ciron could guess. Ash fell from the sky like snow, and had already begun to cover the new rubble that had fallen. This made trying to find any particular landmarks utterly hopeless - so all he really had to go on was how much time he felt passed.
It had felt like a very long time.

Valsig and Geron had spoken very little since their previous spat, and seemed to be having some difficulty discerning the way back as well, so he wasn't even particularly convinced they were going the right way at that point.

Pox occasionally snuck confused glances in his direction, evidently trying to judge just why he hadn't said anything. As if he could give a reason.

The pearlcatcher had been making a point of looking away, tempering his discomfort as best he could throughout the long, silent trek.

But then, something caught his eye. He certainly wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't happened to be staring exactly in its direction, but there was something still smouldering, and it was a different colour than the rest of the land.

"Hey! Hey," he said, stopping and pointing a wing. "Hold on, there's something over here."

Valsig turned, then briefly shifted to his hind legs to get a better look before hurrying off where Ciron had indicated.
"Well, well, well!" the ridgeback exclaimed, beckoning for them to follow and calling out. "We won't be empty-clawed after all!"

Ciron broke into a trot, Geron nudging Pox along behind him.
He wasn't immediately sure what he was looking at, but he smelled burnt meat, so he could make some assumptions about the charred mess in front of him.

"Looks like one of the rocks landed right on 'em," Valsig laughed, pulling a carcass free and dragging the entire thing into one of his bags. "Cooked the damn things, even!"

"What are they?" Ciron asked hesitantly, unable to tell from the charred hide. "They're not dragons, are they?"

"Dragons?" Valsig exclaimed. "Of course they're not dragons, y' little i prince - "

"Rambra herd, looks like," Geron rumbled as he moved forward, preparing his own bags. "We needed meat. Grab as much as you can carry."

Pox silently began to pull away what salvageable meat she could from one of the poor beasts the rock had actually hit on impact, and Ciron moved to one that was simply on the ground nearby. He wasn't sure what had killed it, at first, but it also smelled faintly... cooked.

But when he reached to flip it over, he was met with a flurry of tiny wings, and furious screeches.
He screamed, leaping backwards and shielding his face as his minute assailants clawed at it. Without thinking, he breathed out a puff of fire, and it all stopped.

He moved his claws from his eyes hesitantly, then looked down at the trio of small creatures who were simply staring back at him in some quiet awe. He must've not actually managed to hit them with his fire, which he was suddenly glad for.

dragon?age=0&body=94&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=81&auth=6bc5d2436e5fb693ffc22c5b152d6b8931be4731&dummyext=prev.pngdragon?age=0&body=160&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=14&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=172&auth=34892fb301ed9c22782c024e2458092f5e74c7c3&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=53&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=165&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=119&auth=895f7ec4437e3a619bad44bce7b10ef027591e2a&dummyext=prev.png

"Are these... dragons?" he asked, watching as the three tiny things just sat there, evidently mesmerized by his eyes.

"I don't... know," Valsig replied slowly. Geron said nothing at all.

"They - I think those are banescales," Pox exclaimed, rushing over to see. "They look just like what they said in our old stories - but - they're extinct. They've been extinct for, I don't even know, hundreds upon hundreds of years."

One of the creatures, the largest, seemed to be over its surprise and turned back to gnaw on the rambra's haunch.

"What do we do with them?" Geron asked. "Might be banescales, might just be some dragon-looking creature - we have a lot of those."

"I think they're hatchlings," Pox said, peering down at the two that were still focused on Ciron. "I think... if they had a parent around, we'd know by now."

"We should probably take them," Ciron said. "It's what - it's what the caravan I was part of would do, anyway."

"More mouths to feed," Valsig sighed, then shrugged. "But sure, why not. I'd like to know what these things are, might be quite the discovery."

HELLO HAPPY HOLIDAYS AAAH sorry this one is all over the place, but my baby was literally yelling and repeatedly attempting to bite my arm and laptop so. You do what you can

Oh man. The. Banes. The banes in this chapter as babies are over a year old now. Oh man.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Also an additional shouout to @luteia for donating one of those banebies to me way back when the breed was released

I also wanted to say that during NotN I've been grinding for levels like crazy when I can! Veldr, Silverbell, and Elysium are all level 25 now, for example.
They are also all casters.
Don't make a team of casters. Even for a nuzlocke.
Like, yeah, they won't die, but it takes SO LONG
Also an additional shouout to @luteia for donating one of those banebies to me way back when the breed was released

I also wanted to say that during NotN I've been grinding for levels like crazy when I can! Veldr, Silverbell, and Elysium are all level 25 now, for example.
They are also all casters.
Don't make a team of casters. Even for a nuzlocke.
Like, yeah, they won't die, but it takes SO LONG
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Oh I do like that middle one! Banescales are pretty great.

And I know your pain of the story falling so far behind where your lair is at. It sucks when you can't write like you want to for whatever reason
Oh I do like that middle one! Banescales are pretty great.

And I know your pain of the story falling so far behind where your lair is at. It sucks when you can't write like you want to for whatever reason
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon
Yea I'm just. So busy. And before I was too busy I was too sick. @_@;; At least I'm almost there now.
@ArgenteaMoon
Yea I'm just. So busy. And before I was too busy I was too sick. @_@;; At least I'm almost there now.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
i like "banebies"

i am always happy to see an update, but why do casters take so long to level? i don't know much about the coli since i bought a mire flyer and have used nothing else for the past couple years.
i like "banebies"

i am always happy to see an update, but why do casters take so long to level? i don't know much about the coli since i bought a mire flyer and have used nothing else for the past couple years.
opzM5wG.gifHW4lpxl.pngegg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gif0wMky.gif2Pe6z.gif
@Kyaritty

Thank you so much for your continued support and readership! It means a ton after all my long hiatuses.

There's no caster version of eliminate so almost every enemy takes uhh at least three hits to take out. And you don't have a scratch either so it's inhale, hit, inhale, hit, and pray the discipline kicks in so you can hit more and breathe less.
Ohh it sucks.

Two brawlers + one healer is definitely the ideal for nuzlockes, but I went for the lore that time.
@Kyaritty

Thank you so much for your continued support and readership! It means a ton after all my long hiatuses.

There's no caster version of eliminate so almost every enemy takes uhh at least three hits to take out. And you don't have a scratch either so it's inhale, hit, inhale, hit, and pray the discipline kicks in so you can hit more and breathe less.
Ohh it sucks.

Two brawlers + one healer is definitely the ideal for nuzlockes, but I went for the lore that time.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial

Hello! It took me a few days to read through this but I really love it. I hope you and your family are doing okay now! Could you add me to the pinglist please? I'd love to see where this story goes.
@Kaial

Hello! It took me a few days to read through this but I really love it. I hope you and your family are doing okay now! Could you add me to the pinglist please? I'd love to see where this story goes.
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

Of course! Thank you so much.
@Tirtouga678

Of course! Thank you so much.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Seasons

"Feel up to walking?"

"Hm?" Veldr squinted blearily, unable to make out much in the dim cave. But as he lifted his head, he found that he was, in fact, feeling much better.
He carefully got to his feet, staggering slightly before nodding.
"Yeah, think so."

"Good! Because I'm shipping out," Elysium replied simply, now clearly in view as she lit a lantern. "You can come with, if you want, but either way you're going to want to get out of here - I'm taking the supplies with me."

"I'm going with her," Silverbell intoned, flitting over to stand beside her.

"Then I should probably g - "

"You should come too," the fae interrupted. "You've been... kind. You deserve... a nice place."

"And I know my leader will be curious about you," Elysium added, cocking her head to the side. "And that little magic burst of yours."

"Your leader?"

"Clan leader," she nodded. "Back in the Gladewilds. The eruptions have stopped, as best as I can tell, and that means it's time to get the hell out of here and go back home."

"...Why were you out here anyway?" he asked.

Elysium looked surprised by the question.

"Well..." she sighed, then scoffed and shook her head. "Let's call it a trade mission gone very, very wrong."
She paused, then clapped her hands together. "So! Bell and I are leaving tonight! Are you coming?"

"I..." Veldr stammered for a moment, thinking. "...I owe you one, so if you want me there, I'll go."

"Great! Then help me pack."

The discovery of the the banescales - and the meat they brought back to camp - was seen as something of a miracle.

Ciron should have seen it coming - or well, he supposed he did, somewhat - but it still made his skin crawl.

...And, admittedly, it made him wonder, too - in spite of how he tried to push the thought away. Was there something to what this group believed?
And what was he going to do?

He, unfortunately, didn't know the answer to either.

Life went on.

Reika and Tarot built their forge, and soon the clan's extant weapons were strengthened, and new ones were built from the ores Marshall had carefully excavated.

Seasons came and went, the children grew to be hunters and warriors in their own right, and new ones were born as well.

They had become a proper clan, self-sustaining for the mostpart, and strong in numbers. There had been talks of naming it as well.

They still searched, most certainly. They always kept an eye out for any hint of Ciron when they could, but over time the urgency waned. Priorities shifted.
Everyone had moved on, for the mostpart.
Though, not Saerun.

It hadn't been the same since that day, and even Edan rarely saw her now.
She spent days at a time away from their home, and hardly spoke when she was present - though she always brought back whatever food and supplies she'd picked up along the way.
Occasionally, they'd share her and Ciron's old room on those nights. Simply existing in the same space, on opposite beds. He wasn't sure if it was how she was... mourning, for a lack of better term, embarrassment, or something else, but he could feel they were drifting apart.

It hurt, but there wasn't much to be done about it. It felt like at some point, she simply wouldn't return at all.
Some part of him was saying it was time he moved on, too.

TIME SKIP, TIME SKIP
We're finally caught up and heading toward the last chapters.
So. Veldr's group hit level 25. They lived, and their part of the nuzlocke is now OVER.
If there is enough interest, I will eventually expand on what happened with the serthis etc etc and write a bit about the Nature clan and its leader (Sampson).

As for Ciron, Altius, Edan, Saerun, and everyone else.
Well.
Well.
It's coming.

It's coming like molasses going down a slope on a cold winter's day, but its coming.

Thank you for your support and incredible patience.
If this seems rushed, please know my son was literally trying to eat my goddamned laptop as I wrote the final parts of this. He's still freakin out
Aaaaa

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678
Seasons

"Feel up to walking?"

"Hm?" Veldr squinted blearily, unable to make out much in the dim cave. But as he lifted his head, he found that he was, in fact, feeling much better.
He carefully got to his feet, staggering slightly before nodding.
"Yeah, think so."

"Good! Because I'm shipping out," Elysium replied simply, now clearly in view as she lit a lantern. "You can come with, if you want, but either way you're going to want to get out of here - I'm taking the supplies with me."

"I'm going with her," Silverbell intoned, flitting over to stand beside her.

"Then I should probably g - "

"You should come too," the fae interrupted. "You've been... kind. You deserve... a nice place."

"And I know my leader will be curious about you," Elysium added, cocking her head to the side. "And that little magic burst of yours."

"Your leader?"

"Clan leader," she nodded. "Back in the Gladewilds. The eruptions have stopped, as best as I can tell, and that means it's time to get the hell out of here and go back home."

"...Why were you out here anyway?" he asked.

Elysium looked surprised by the question.

"Well..." she sighed, then scoffed and shook her head. "Let's call it a trade mission gone very, very wrong."
She paused, then clapped her hands together. "So! Bell and I are leaving tonight! Are you coming?"

"I..." Veldr stammered for a moment, thinking. "...I owe you one, so if you want me there, I'll go."

"Great! Then help me pack."

The discovery of the the banescales - and the meat they brought back to camp - was seen as something of a miracle.

Ciron should have seen it coming - or well, he supposed he did, somewhat - but it still made his skin crawl.

...And, admittedly, it made him wonder, too - in spite of how he tried to push the thought away. Was there something to what this group believed?
And what was he going to do?

He, unfortunately, didn't know the answer to either.

Life went on.

Reika and Tarot built their forge, and soon the clan's extant weapons were strengthened, and new ones were built from the ores Marshall had carefully excavated.

Seasons came and went, the children grew to be hunters and warriors in their own right, and new ones were born as well.

They had become a proper clan, self-sustaining for the mostpart, and strong in numbers. There had been talks of naming it as well.

They still searched, most certainly. They always kept an eye out for any hint of Ciron when they could, but over time the urgency waned. Priorities shifted.
Everyone had moved on, for the mostpart.
Though, not Saerun.

It hadn't been the same since that day, and even Edan rarely saw her now.
She spent days at a time away from their home, and hardly spoke when she was present - though she always brought back whatever food and supplies she'd picked up along the way.
Occasionally, they'd share her and Ciron's old room on those nights. Simply existing in the same space, on opposite beds. He wasn't sure if it was how she was... mourning, for a lack of better term, embarrassment, or something else, but he could feel they were drifting apart.

It hurt, but there wasn't much to be done about it. It felt like at some point, she simply wouldn't return at all.
Some part of him was saying it was time he moved on, too.

TIME SKIP, TIME SKIP
We're finally caught up and heading toward the last chapters.
So. Veldr's group hit level 25. They lived, and their part of the nuzlocke is now OVER.
If there is enough interest, I will eventually expand on what happened with the serthis etc etc and write a bit about the Nature clan and its leader (Sampson).

As for Ciron, Altius, Edan, Saerun, and everyone else.
Well.
Well.
It's coming.

It's coming like molasses going down a slope on a cold winter's day, but its coming.

Thank you for your support and incredible patience.
If this seems rushed, please know my son was literally trying to eat my goddamned laptop as I wrote the final parts of this. He's still freakin out
Aaaaa

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Yay, update! I'm always hoping to see more of this (:
Yay, update! I'm always hoping to see more of this (:
Professional Grump

I live for memes
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 63