Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
@ArgenteaMoon

And I'm always so grateful to see your comments! It means a lot you're still reading.
@ArgenteaMoon

And I'm always so grateful to see your comments! It means a lot you're still reading.
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Ahh the end is gonna be real bittersweet, I'm gonna binge the series over again when it does.
Ahh the end is gonna be real bittersweet, I'm gonna binge the series over again when it does.
opzM5wG.gifHW4lpxl.pngegg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gif0wMky.gif2Pe6z.gif
Finally took the time to catch up and read the last few chapters. I really love how you handle the character relationships and interactions! For me, your writing evokes a lot of emotions and that is really amazing! Thank you for continuing to write this @Kaial
Finally took the time to catch up and read the last few chapters. I really love how you handle the character relationships and interactions! For me, your writing evokes a lot of emotions and that is really amazing! Thank you for continuing to write this @Kaial
natureh5.png
@Kyaritty

I'm gonna be rereading this a few times before I close it all up, personally! I'm going to try to not leave any little threads untied... at least, to a reasonable extent. I'm considering a more lowkey sort of sequel, depending on a few final things.

@Sharuna

Comments like this are what keep me writing, thank you!
@Kyaritty

I'm gonna be rereading this a few times before I close it all up, personally! I'm going to try to not leave any little threads untied... at least, to a reasonable extent. I'm considering a more lowkey sort of sequel, depending on a few final things.

@Sharuna

Comments like this are what keep me writing, thank you!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Ashen

The bitter wind coming across the ocean assailed him, whipping his long, smoke-stained mane against his face. Instinctively, Ciron folded his wings in and crouched slightly, shielding himself as best he could.

He wasn't certain why he kept coming back to look. What he expected to find.
The Icefields were much too far away to see, no matter the weather.

Travel from the mainland to the Rebuke had been difficult enough; they'd lost several members to another eruption that hit midflight.
The outfall had rained down on Geron and a few others who were carrying the smallest dragons on their back. He knew Blair had been crushed. He knew several others burnt to death.

He didn't see it happen, and he didn't even know about it until they'd reached the volcano islet. Nobody important was lost, he'd been told. Not worth stopping.

They'd been moving on his order. He'd put all of them there.
Nobody blamed him - at least not outwardly - but by the gods, it was his fault. People should blame him. They should care.

Instead he seemed to be the only one still thinking about it, dreaming of Blair, Vera, and other dragons with no proper form pulling their burned and water-bloated bodies to the rocky shore, and to him.

He hadn't realized he'd started pacing until an aggravated hiss snapped him out of his reverie. He stumbled, narrowly avoiding stepping on the small, green-eyed banescale just in front of him.

"Mitzi! Why are you out here?" he snapped, trying to hide his embarrassment at being so caught off guard. "With the wind like this you - you could get blown away."

The fledgling dragon jutted her chin out and fixed him with a glare that was more withering than should have been possible.
"Why are you out here? You're not doing anything," she paused. "And I'm hungry. And bored. And lonely. And -"

"Why didn't you play with your siblings?"

"Didn't wanna."

"...Or anyone else."

"They're all gone."

"What? Mitzi, there's no way everyone is gone," Ciron shook his head.

"Everyone who isn't gone is busy!" the banescale whined. "They all left to get a boat and they took all the rations with them. Pox an' Flicker were watching us but they were too busy talking to play or anything."

"Does Pox know you're gone?"

"Nah," Mitzi cocked her head to the side. "I don't think so. Maybe by now."

"Mitzi," Ciron began, trying to sound stern. It clearly didn't have much effect. "Mitzi..."

"So will you come back with me? And make me some food?"

"...Fine."

Hey guys I'm. It's been. It's been a Week. It's been a few weeks. It's been a few months. I'm having a hard time.
Whenever we aren't being smashed in the face by irl news I'm just trying to... you know, be there for my baby. So not much writing has been happening. It's harder than drawing tbh. I just haven't been able to get into the headspace at all recently.

BUT I'M TRYING

In Shadow Of The Gods Pinglist:

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678
Ashen

The bitter wind coming across the ocean assailed him, whipping his long, smoke-stained mane against his face. Instinctively, Ciron folded his wings in and crouched slightly, shielding himself as best he could.

He wasn't certain why he kept coming back to look. What he expected to find.
The Icefields were much too far away to see, no matter the weather.

Travel from the mainland to the Rebuke had been difficult enough; they'd lost several members to another eruption that hit midflight.
The outfall had rained down on Geron and a few others who were carrying the smallest dragons on their back. He knew Blair had been crushed. He knew several others burnt to death.

He didn't see it happen, and he didn't even know about it until they'd reached the volcano islet. Nobody important was lost, he'd been told. Not worth stopping.

They'd been moving on his order. He'd put all of them there.
Nobody blamed him - at least not outwardly - but by the gods, it was his fault. People should blame him. They should care.

Instead he seemed to be the only one still thinking about it, dreaming of Blair, Vera, and other dragons with no proper form pulling their burned and water-bloated bodies to the rocky shore, and to him.

He hadn't realized he'd started pacing until an aggravated hiss snapped him out of his reverie. He stumbled, narrowly avoiding stepping on the small, green-eyed banescale just in front of him.

"Mitzi! Why are you out here?" he snapped, trying to hide his embarrassment at being so caught off guard. "With the wind like this you - you could get blown away."

The fledgling dragon jutted her chin out and fixed him with a glare that was more withering than should have been possible.
"Why are you out here? You're not doing anything," she paused. "And I'm hungry. And bored. And lonely. And -"

"Why didn't you play with your siblings?"

"Didn't wanna."

"...Or anyone else."

"They're all gone."

"What? Mitzi, there's no way everyone is gone," Ciron shook his head.

"Everyone who isn't gone is busy!" the banescale whined. "They all left to get a boat and they took all the rations with them. Pox an' Flicker were watching us but they were too busy talking to play or anything."

"Does Pox know you're gone?"

"Nah," Mitzi cocked her head to the side. "I don't think so. Maybe by now."

"Mitzi," Ciron began, trying to sound stern. It clearly didn't have much effect. "Mitzi..."

"So will you come back with me? And make me some food?"

"...Fine."

Hey guys I'm. It's been. It's been a Week. It's been a few weeks. It's been a few months. I'm having a hard time.
Whenever we aren't being smashed in the face by irl news I'm just trying to... you know, be there for my baby. So not much writing has been happening. It's harder than drawing tbh. I just haven't been able to get into the headspace at all recently.

BUT I'M TRYING

In Shadow Of The Gods Pinglist:

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Hey no worries, even if you decide to close this so you can have the time with your family that's Totally Okay!! We love this and we'd welcome an update even if you don't update for a year! *hugs*
Hey no worries, even if you decide to close this so you can have the time with your family that's Totally Okay!! We love this and we'd welcome an update even if you don't update for a year! *hugs*
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen

Aah I made a promise to myself I'd finish this, in part because I wound up dedicating it to my passed co-writer. I wouldn't feel right at all if I stopped for good. x-x

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Means the world.
@IronPen

Aah I made a promise to myself I'd finish this, in part because I wound up dedicating it to my passed co-writer. I wouldn't feel right at all if I stopped for good. x-x

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Means the world.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
It's great to see you back! Like IronPen said, don't feel bad about taking time off of writing - your own mental health and real-life obligations should always come first, especially considering the current state of the world.

That said, I still appreciate the new update! Poor Ciron trying to readjust to his new life. At least he's bonding with Mitzi...? I do wonder what will happen to Ciron and Pox, and how the Banescales will affect events.
It's great to see you back! Like IronPen said, don't feel bad about taking time off of writing - your own mental health and real-life obligations should always come first, especially considering the current state of the world.

That said, I still appreciate the new update! Poor Ciron trying to readjust to his new life. At least he's bonding with Mitzi...? I do wonder what will happen to Ciron and Pox, and how the Banescales will affect events.
Na5WGHa.png
Hi! I'm here from your Wish Rising! This story is r e a l l y g o o d . I've gone ahead and added myself to the pinglist. :D
Hi! I'm here from your Wish Rising! This story is r e a l l y g o o d . I've gone ahead and added myself to the pinglist. :D
Long-Term Fandragon Search | Animated Anomalies Subspecies

ve/vir/vis, fey/faer/faer, or they/them pronouns
@tigressRising

I appreciate that very much. I had my baby at such a weird/bad time. Can't risk childcare in a pandemic, so absolutely no outside help. That means almost no free time. The chapter I wrote previous to this one, I had him asleep in my arms. I don't know when, or even if, things will change. The vaccine rollout has been a joke here.

I truly do miss writing though. I so badly want to be done, and I feel the words stagnating in my mind. x__x

Anyway, the banes are a bit imprinted on dear mister Ciron - and to a lesser extent, Pox - so that's a bit of a weird dynamic that they've all wound up in. Mitzi is the most outgoing and chatty out of the lot so there will certainly be more of her in particular.

@wolfbutterfly42
Thanks so much!
@tigressRising

I appreciate that very much. I had my baby at such a weird/bad time. Can't risk childcare in a pandemic, so absolutely no outside help. That means almost no free time. The chapter I wrote previous to this one, I had him asleep in my arms. I don't know when, or even if, things will change. The vaccine rollout has been a joke here.

I truly do miss writing though. I so badly want to be done, and I feel the words stagnating in my mind. x__x

Anyway, the banes are a bit imprinted on dear mister Ciron - and to a lesser extent, Pox - so that's a bit of a weird dynamic that they've all wound up in. Mitzi is the most outgoing and chatty out of the lot so there will certainly be more of her in particular.

@wolfbutterfly42
Thanks so much!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63