Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Ursegal Common Draconic Conlang Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Rivershard" date="2020-12-04 17:13:08" ] "The" comes before nouns in Ursegal's grammar. Also, "ta/t'" signifies that "the" can be translated either as "ta" or as " t' " as a shortened form. You’ll have to ask someone else for details about the script, I’m not as familiar with it [/quote] Ah okies, thank you for the information on the!
Rivershard wrote on 2020-12-04 17:13:08:
"The" comes before nouns in Ursegal's grammar. Also, "ta/t'" signifies that "the" can be translated either as "ta" or as " t' " as a shortened form. You’ll have to ask someone else for details about the script, I’m not as familiar with it

Ah okies, thank you for the information on the!
90yC0zr.pngWiyCOG0.pngUa0JNKY.pngSICJDZT.pngKaIfREn.pngx9vfgUx.pngMHGHMV3.png4B7ojZp.pngNiHTLfm.pngTaI0DtR.pngD5ngjVk.pngUc6OClm.png9QkBylz.png
czrb6bd.png
@TaviStars This is very late since I didn't see the ping until just now (I guess it got buried in stuff going on at the time and I apologize for the long wait) But to answer your questions. Rivershard is right about the translation of the article. It can be either depending on whether or not pronouncing the extra vowel is cumbersome. The same way the indefinite article in English can be either "A" or "AN" depending on what comes after. In terms of scripting, I'd write "THE FOOL" like so: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/545386191533375496/811093314073001984/unknown.png[/img] typed as erkaMaT using the script revamp WIP that I'm uhhh... still working on... @TruthseekerSky6 You posted in the old thread but I figure I'll tag you here in the (relatively) new one. Can't give you the full phonetic lowdown, but here's a chart you may find helpful... or at least interesting: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/796482683458551858/811090108350595142/unknown.png[/img]
@TaviStars

This is very late since I didn't see the ping until just now (I guess it got buried in stuff going on at the time and I apologize for the long wait) But to answer your questions. Rivershard is right about the translation of the article. It can be either depending on whether or not pronouncing the extra vowel is cumbersome. The same way the indefinite article in English can be either "A" or "AN" depending on what comes after.

In terms of scripting, I'd write "THE FOOL" like so:

unknown.png

typed as erkaMaT using the script revamp WIP that I'm uhhh... still working on...

@TruthseekerSky6

You posted in the old thread but I figure I'll tag you here in the (relatively) new one. Can't give you the full phonetic lowdown, but here's a chart you may find helpful... or at least interesting:

unknown.png
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
I didn’t realize there was a new thread, sorry!
I didn’t realize there was a new thread, sorry!
TEIDUqh.gifqZwEAEI.png Qef5UlF.png
yzVHkx9.png
1j6wDhn.png
reHWBXk.png
JvUa9ma.png
27568530-2928-11eb-95d4-432813eda697.gif
Huge Wings of Fire fan, woo!
+++++++++++++++++++
@TruthseekerSky6

It's no problem
@TruthseekerSky6

It's no problem
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@momoi @Tserin @Mnkn10 @argylion @StarN1ght @akaineko @Strawberrium @Kes @chiyukiakasuna @TheDragonsQueen @FlufferLover @kas62000 @Alphazi @Nonstop @bittersweetlove @Mokian @FireHeartSong @Aelfrey @firewyrm2018 @Leopardmask @Ambitious @Fortuna @pachirisu @Yusaku @Candlefly @RottingFlesh @adrienne1614 @Abysea @Azvaetil @CinnabarCobra @RobotNix @usbdongle @Mort @sh33pskin @bakurabox @DawnToDusk @KairinRose @willowminnow @YYEstarry @RisingShade @Arthuriana @Skyeset @Superblox @Havenstrife @mnkn10 @keptein @ToastyThief @arboretumm @ARPL @YellingDragon @Ebby172 @Sarenne @Tidias @crestansi @DraigTeg @GlitchEnder @Vanshira @Kava @Licorictus @Valmue @Splendid @Eiira @Silisse @BlueJaysFeather @Cunea @Rowdy @Kavryn @NightFuryScream @Violetah @Kalietha @tigerstripes175 @Adaki @russmond @Izakadu @Narkov @literallyacat @KrazKitCat @Ebby172 @Swivelraptor @jr413 @lizardliz @Reshiram5875 @Kaibutsu @angsthound @Ozzark @pkmnlillie @EnglishRose @Droiline @philamot @FloofinBird @Taszzer @blossombranch @Alew
This tag uses the General Pinglist. If you would like not to be tagged in the future, remove yourself with the link in the first post!

HELLO ALL: BIG NEWS

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for your interest in the conlang project. It's been a while since I've used the pinglist, so anyone who'd like to remove themself can do so here!

For those unaware, this past week marks the sixth anniversary of the beginning of this project! While we didn't share our work until May of 2016 the first documents outline what would become Ursegal were written in June of 2015.
Over all that time, things have changed a lot. The project has grown and evolved and gained a lot of support from the community around us. With all of this behind us, its time to go back and re examine some things:

The Ursegal Conlang is getting a revamp! The documents and dictionary are being rewritten from the ground up to unify and streamline things, and pull out some of the hiccups that come from its disjointed development. This is already in progress, and some of the new documents are already available!

Hopefully what we make here will be easier for all of you to use, understand, and enjoy!

Additionally, The thread will be getting some touch ups as we go along. I've also added a join link to a lore discord I run, which has channels available for discussion of this and other language projects!

You can find the first Revamp Documents under the links section on the first page
@momoi @Tserin @Mnkn10 @argylion @StarN1ght @akaineko @Strawberrium @Kes @chiyukiakasuna @TheDragonsQueen @FlufferLover @kas62000 @Alphazi @Nonstop @bittersweetlove @Mokian @FireHeartSong @Aelfrey @firewyrm2018 @Leopardmask @Ambitious @Fortuna @pachirisu @Yusaku @Candlefly @RottingFlesh @adrienne1614 @Abysea @Azvaetil @CinnabarCobra @RobotNix @usbdongle @Mort @sh33pskin @bakurabox @DawnToDusk @KairinRose @willowminnow @YYEstarry @RisingShade @Arthuriana @Skyeset @Superblox @Havenstrife @mnkn10 @keptein @ToastyThief @arboretumm @ARPL @YellingDragon @Ebby172 @Sarenne @Tidias @crestansi @DraigTeg @GlitchEnder @Vanshira @Kava @Licorictus @Valmue @Splendid @Eiira @Silisse @BlueJaysFeather @Cunea @Rowdy @Kavryn @NightFuryScream @Violetah @Kalietha @tigerstripes175 @Adaki @russmond @Izakadu @Narkov @literallyacat @KrazKitCat @Ebby172 @Swivelraptor @jr413 @lizardliz @Reshiram5875 @Kaibutsu @angsthound @Ozzark @pkmnlillie @EnglishRose @Droiline @philamot @FloofinBird @Taszzer @blossombranch @Alew
This tag uses the General Pinglist. If you would like not to be tagged in the future, remove yourself with the link in the first post!

HELLO ALL: BIG NEWS

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for your interest in the conlang project. It's been a while since I've used the pinglist, so anyone who'd like to remove themself can do so here!

For those unaware, this past week marks the sixth anniversary of the beginning of this project! While we didn't share our work until May of 2016 the first documents outline what would become Ursegal were written in June of 2015.
Over all that time, things have changed a lot. The project has grown and evolved and gained a lot of support from the community around us. With all of this behind us, its time to go back and re examine some things:

The Ursegal Conlang is getting a revamp! The documents and dictionary are being rewritten from the ground up to unify and streamline things, and pull out some of the hiccups that come from its disjointed development. This is already in progress, and some of the new documents are already available!

Hopefully what we make here will be easier for all of you to use, understand, and enjoy!

Additionally, The thread will be getting some touch ups as we go along. I've also added a join link to a lore discord I run, which has channels available for discussion of this and other language projects!

You can find the first Revamp Documents under the links section on the first page
Glad to hear it!
Glad to hear it!
Eeey glad to hear from you again! I haven't kept up in a long time but I'm excited to hear about this news; conlanging takes a lot of tweaking that's for certain XD
Eeey glad to hear from you again! I haven't kept up in a long time but I'm excited to hear about this news; conlanging takes a lot of tweaking that's for certain XD
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
Yayy~ Happy birth[s]day[/s]week? [emoji=mirror love size=2]
Yayy~ Happy birthdayweek?

Pixel Teapot Wind and Nature joined emblem Ursegal Project emblem
i'm late but i wanted to say i'm so happy to see this getting brought back!! :D excited to see what gets updated too <3 thank you for doing this!! C:
i'm late but i wanted to say i'm so happy to see this getting brought back!! :D excited to see what gets updated too <3 thank you for doing this!! C:
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
Do you think that Ancients would speak the same type of Draconic, and altered Draconic, or something entirely different?
Do you think that Ancients would speak the same type of Draconic, and altered Draconic, or something entirely different?
ZsUXjWq.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9