Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Ursegal Common Draconic Conlang Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
heya, did you guys ever get a discord? ovo
heya, did you guys ever get a discord? ovo
Bio Layouts by Me | 30 hatchlings - a lorelocke | assorted g1s sale | sales thread non g1s | moodboards, free | exalt rescue: doubles and triples only | but3_by_aqua_spirit22-dc424fa.png
bookmarking for personal use! looks amazing!
bookmarking for personal use! looks amazing!
Halloween-Raffle-01.png CATTAFANG.
that guy-| FR+2

Shady Boye
thomas.png
"Currently: bein spooky-"

z9OsVtc.png
rI18gRz.png
NlmYDAS.png
I am working on a large project and I want to make sure that I am using the script correctly before I write over 80ish titles in Lorheskimolc. I read that it is written from right to left, so I wrote the English words backwards but I am not sure if that is the correct way to do it. In the image below is the first title I wrote out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! [img]https://i.imgur.com/KBEpfGo.png[/img] And once the project is launched, I will give credit to this thread, as well as share the results!
I am working on a large project and I want to make sure that I am using the script correctly before I write over 80ish titles in Lorheskimolc. I read that it is written from right to left, so I wrote the English words backwards but I am not sure if that is the correct way to do it. In the image below is the first title I wrote out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

KBEpfGo.png

And once the project is launched, I will give credit to this thread, as well as share the results!
90yC0zr.pngWiyCOG0.pngUa0JNKY.pngSICJDZT.pngKaIfREn.pngx9vfgUx.pngMHGHMV3.png4B7ojZp.pngNiHTLfm.pngTaI0DtR.pngD5ngjVk.pngUc6OClm.png9QkBylz.png
czrb6bd.png
@TaviStars

This looks pretty good. So far as the reading backwards you've got it right so far! My only critiques would be

a) try using the translated words where you can (I know the dictionary is still woefully incomplete) For emperor/empress (gender neutral and not the many headed monster) you can try Sisometun /// "Great Ruler of Many"

b) spell phonetically when you use the script both for words in the conlang and words brought in from other languages, so no double letters and no silent sounds!
@TaviStars

This looks pretty good. So far as the reading backwards you've got it right so far! My only critiques would be

a) try using the translated words where you can (I know the dictionary is still woefully incomplete) For emperor/empress (gender neutral and not the many headed monster) you can try Sisometun /// "Great Ruler of Many"

b) spell phonetically when you use the script both for words in the conlang and words brought in from other languages, so no double letters and no silent sounds!
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Llanai

Thank you so much for the feedback and for your critiques. The text is going on tarot cards, so some of the words need to be gendered, like the empress verses the emperor cards. I will refer to the dictionary and use as many translated words as possible. And I will remember to spell phonetically.

I really appreciate all of the work that you have put into this script, your feedback, and your help! Thank you!
@Llanai

Thank you so much for the feedback and for your critiques. The text is going on tarot cards, so some of the words need to be gendered, like the empress verses the emperor cards. I will refer to the dictionary and use as many translated words as possible. And I will remember to spell phonetically.

I really appreciate all of the work that you have put into this script, your feedback, and your help! Thank you!
90yC0zr.pngWiyCOG0.pngUa0JNKY.pngSICJDZT.pngKaIfREn.pngx9vfgUx.pngMHGHMV3.png4B7ojZp.pngNiHTLfm.pngTaI0DtR.pngD5ngjVk.pngUc6OClm.png9QkBylz.png
czrb6bd.png
@TaviStars

Kavtalme Sihro! Let me know if you need anything else I'd be happy to take a look at stuff / help with translation. (And yeah gendering in Ursegal is errr weird...) Also interested in seeing the final product if ever you felt to share!
@TaviStars

Kavtalme Sihro! Let me know if you need anything else I'd be happy to take a look at stuff / help with translation. (And yeah gendering in Ursegal is errr weird...) Also interested in seeing the final product if ever you felt to share!
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Llanai

Thank you so much for the kind offer, when I have some of the titles completed is it ok if I posted them here or would you prefer a message? It would be nice to have your feedback on them. I will be happy to show the final product, I'll have an example or two that I can show off next week.
@Llanai

Thank you so much for the kind offer, when I have some of the titles completed is it ok if I posted them here or would you prefer a message? It would be nice to have your feedback on them. I will be happy to show the final product, I'll have an example or two that I can show off next week.
czrb6bd.png
@TaviStars

Post away! That's part of what the thread is for
@TaviStars

Post away! That's part of what the thread is for
@Llanai Hi! I am back with more questions, I am trying to use the dictionary for the cards and I feel a bit more confused using it. I am creating a spreadsheet with all of the titles I am trying to translate, so I have it in English, English right to left, phonetic spelling, and then I am using any of the draconic words that I can find in the Draconic General Dictionary where I can. I am unsure what some of the symbols mean, like for the word "the", the dictionary has it as "ta/t'" and I am not sure if I am writing it in the script correctly. [img]https://i.imgur.com/JGKTtR3.png[/img] Also, when writing the Draconic words do I need to change them to read right to left as well, so that [b]Makre [/b](fool) becomes [b]erkaM [/b]when I end up writing it in the script? Another question, for the words not in the dictionary, you said to spell things phonetical, so I am using a phonetic word checker thing to get the phonetic words. Just want to make sure I am doing it correctly. [img]https://i.imgur.com/zFFfLsW.png[/img] [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wqOYspt05xe3pMbEUyodxbdmdC1wNyrSUu49cyc5hFc/edit?usp=sharing]Here's the spreadsheet that I am working on, if you want to see it.[/url] Thanks again for all of your help!
@Llanai

Hi! I am back with more questions, I am trying to use the dictionary for the cards and I feel a bit more confused using it. I am creating a spreadsheet with all of the titles I am trying to translate, so I have it in English, English right to left, phonetic spelling, and then I am using any of the draconic words that I can find in the Draconic General Dictionary where I can. I am unsure what some of the symbols mean, like for the word "the", the dictionary has it as "ta/t'" and I am not sure if I am writing it in the script correctly.

JGKTtR3.png

Also, when writing the Draconic words do I need to change them to read right to left as well, so that Makre (fool) becomes erkaM when I end up writing it in the script?

Another question, for the words not in the dictionary, you said to spell things phonetical, so I am using a phonetic word checker thing to get the phonetic words. Just want to make sure I am doing it correctly.
zFFfLsW.png

Here's the spreadsheet that I am working on, if you want to see it.

Thanks again for all of your help!
czrb6bd.png
"The" comes before nouns in Ursegal's grammar. Also, "ta/t'" signifies that "the" can be translated either as "ta" or as " t' " as a shortened form. You’ll have to ask someone else for details about the script, I’m not as familiar with it
"The" comes before nouns in Ursegal's grammar. Also, "ta/t'" signifies that "the" can be translated either as "ta" or as " t' " as a shortened form. You’ll have to ask someone else for details about the script, I’m not as familiar with it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9