Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Ursegal Common Draconic Conlang Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Would -som be the title usually used for a Progenitor, with the assumption that progenitor dragons are more inherently magical/connected to the elements? Or would the title be -soren like any other clan leader?
Would -som be the title usually used for a Progenitor, with the assumption that progenitor dragons are more inherently magical/connected to the elements? Or would the title be -soren like any other clan leader?
@Arthuriana

That would depend on the clan and the individual. The clan would have to, at some point decide that their progenitor was worthy of the title and the progenitor would have to accept being called that as opposed to -soren.

Not all progens would carry the title -som, but more progens use it than other non exalted dragons I'd imagine.
@Arthuriana

That would depend on the clan and the individual. The clan would have to, at some point decide that their progenitor was worthy of the title and the progenitor would have to accept being called that as opposed to -soren.

Not all progens would carry the title -som, but more progens use it than other non exalted dragons I'd imagine.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Superblox

Pinging myself so that I can keep track of this. Keep up the awesome work!
@Superblox

Pinging myself so that I can keep track of this. Keep up the awesome work!
This is amazing! Are you still looking for new team members?

(By the way, if you ever want to talk with a linguist/ask for help/whatever, I had a linguistics teacher who might be available. (Idk if you're even looking for someone like that, but I thought I might as well throw it out there.))
This is amazing! Are you still looking for new team members?

(By the way, if you ever want to talk with a linguist/ask for help/whatever, I had a linguistics teacher who might be available. (Idk if you're even looking for someone like that, but I thought I might as well throw it out there.))
ck2CMHK.gif
I have a question. How would I say that someone was painted (by someone else), or was blown (by the wind) in Ursegal? There are no guidelines on how to create passive constructions like these in any of the documents linked to in this thread, at least I didn't find any.

I didn't find anything for "whom" either. Come to think of it, "whose" is also missing, as is "by"; at least in the sense of "You were surprised by your friend" and not "by the riverside."

How can I create a name that means "One who was blown (by the wind)" without these components? Or did I just miss them? I'd really appreciate some help or pointers here.
I have a question. How would I say that someone was painted (by someone else), or was blown (by the wind) in Ursegal? There are no guidelines on how to create passive constructions like these in any of the documents linked to in this thread, at least I didn't find any.

I didn't find anything for "whom" either. Come to think of it, "whose" is also missing, as is "by"; at least in the sense of "You were surprised by your friend" and not "by the riverside."

How can I create a name that means "One who was blown (by the wind)" without these components? Or did I just miss them? I'd really appreciate some help or pointers here.
5LqH0sj.png
@Pteranodon

Ursegal has no passive voice. You would have to say "The wind blew..." rather than "...was blown by the wind" and "Your friend surprised you" rather than "You were surprised by your friend." The active voice is less verbose and easier to parse.

As for your name, you could go with Suvena which would translate as "Windblown"
@Pteranodon

Ursegal has no passive voice. You would have to say "The wind blew..." rather than "...was blown by the wind" and "Your friend surprised you" rather than "You were surprised by your friend." The active voice is less verbose and easier to parse.

As for your name, you could go with Suvena which would translate as "Windblown"
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Llanai
Alright, thanks for the explanation!
@Llanai
Alright, thanks for the explanation!
5LqH0sj.png
@Llanai

I love this so much - I need to use this in my lore sometime!
Added myself to the pinglist. Keep up the good work :D
@Llanai

I love this so much - I need to use this in my lore sometime!
Added myself to the pinglist. Keep up the good work :D
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
Saving because I love seeing conlangs!!! I plan to use this is my lore once I begin writing it!

Just a quick question - since I want to change my clan name to a name in Ursegal - what would be the Ursegal-translated word for "lode star" or "pole star"?

@Llanai
Saving because I love seeing conlangs!!! I plan to use this is my lore once I begin writing it!

Just a quick question - since I want to change my clan name to a name in Ursegal - what would be the Ursegal-translated word for "lode star" or "pole star"?

@Llanai
MiowxPk.gif NNGMvB2.pngwwQtqt8.png
@Harana
Thanks! I'd love to see anything you use it in. Its nice to see people get excited about our project.

For your question, Lode Star would likely translate to "Avnoko" or "Avnokodro" for Guiding star.

@Vanshira
Hello! Pinging you and @ArcaneSong over from the old thread!

As to whether or not we're still working on this, in short, yes and no. The project is still here and so is most all of the team, but work is mostly on hold due to RL things, unfortunately.

That, said I do have the next lore post planned (it's on pronouns and gender. should be fun) and may or may not have that out very soon depending on what kind of fire uni lights underneath me this month.
@Harana
Thanks! I'd love to see anything you use it in. Its nice to see people get excited about our project.

For your question, Lode Star would likely translate to "Avnoko" or "Avnokodro" for Guiding star.

@Vanshira
Hello! Pinging you and @ArcaneSong over from the old thread!

As to whether or not we're still working on this, in short, yes and no. The project is still here and so is most all of the team, but work is mostly on hold due to RL things, unfortunately.

That, said I do have the next lore post planned (it's on pronouns and gender. should be fun) and may or may not have that out very soon depending on what kind of fire uni lights underneath me this month.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9