Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Ursegal Common Draconic Conlang Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ah! So glad someone linked to this in their bio. I found this thread a few months ago but since forgot because I didn't save it. That's changed thoouugh~ Anyways I wanted to say that I absolutely adore Tundra greetings. Tundra dragons are just... a lovely breed.
ah! So glad someone linked to this in their bio. I found this thread a few months ago but since forgot because I didn't save it. That's changed thoouugh~ Anyways I wanted to say that I absolutely adore Tundra greetings. Tundra dragons are just... a lovely breed.
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
[center][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/6172979a-2066-4216-b4a7-d0411bfd74b5/dcxfxhs-474f960e-9991-487b-bb14-a7560626d110.png[/img] [spoiler]Ninle[/spoiler] [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/6172979a-2066-4216-b4a7-d0411bfd74b5/dcxfxi1-95716461-da02-4ca0-91e6-021d869f0696.png[/img] [spoiler]Fennel[/spoiler] [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/6172979a-2066-4216-b4a7-d0411bfd74b5/dcxfxid-c5082618-4965-4504-b8cb-290de8c10a4a.png[/img] [spoiler]Dewnose[/spoiler] [/center] I love conlang scripts, and I'm delighted Ursegal has one! I'm a complete novice considering I found this pretty much today, but I couldn't help but try to write out some names of my pinkerlocke dragons. Hope I did well? The name in English is under each in a spoiler tag.
dcxfxhs-474f960e-9991-487b-bb14-a7560626d110.png
Ninle

dcxfxi1-95716461-da02-4ca0-91e6-021d869f0696.png
Fennel

dcxfxid-c5082618-4965-4504-b8cb-290de8c10a4a.png
Dewnose
I love conlang scripts, and I'm delighted Ursegal has one! I'm a complete novice considering I found this pretty much today, but I couldn't help but try to write out some names of my pinkerlocke dragons. Hope I did well? The name in English is under each in a spoiler tag.
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
YMPbu9R.png transcatcher.png
I'm fascinated and very interested[emoji=guardian star]
I'm fascinated and very interested
cbQdPvX.png
Behold, the next Tolkien.
Behold, the next Tolkien.
While you're playing Flight Rising, please remember to take care of yourself. You're loved, cherished, and are a human being with dignity and personhood. Also remember that there are many people in need of your love, your talents, your kind words, and your actions. You needn't advertise, but instead, advocate. Do your best to maintain healthy boundaries and to help those who need your help. In the end, love heals all wounds.
I... don't know what to say

this is so in depth

I'm in awe honestly, words cannot fully express how I feel about this project
I... don't know what to say

this is so in depth

I'm in awe honestly, words cannot fully express how I feel about this project
Achievements
Mirror Adopts
FR tumblr
ToyHouse
Art Fight
vista_mirror1.png
aroace - gender?
any pronouns - 20

2SswTJj.png tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
vista_tundra1.png
You can call me Art or Sand! :]
I tried my hand at translating the deities' words from the Voices thread.

Quote:
Som Reisekaarl: Kidhel gursuk ravas Bek. Jaup sukeno juken?

Som Tovakaarl: Dhel Yikaaral minstar verran dukris nihe, hafienursora ta Yikaar soras Rura gotse tra.

Som Briskabak: Aet, kiopethain menku et Rualten jher aivas Rura voek...

Som Istafallot: Kiflod ravas Bappikal jaec verras Imatal, kidukkaran traet yepavap ta Yvet gat Sornieth jarvon.

Som Agischur: Raanteain sehk ta Rintubal ioru jonavran yaat vos...

Som Lirentur: Kisehkran ta Vurteda. Carnsik ravas Yvet cayei, ta Merrlirebal sudhel et Kalhe, girha sudhel suthul tra.

Som Venarcu: Oren Acin ala, Acin Oren ala ut, kidhel Risdag tunk nocab dhel raveste!

Som Stigbal: Hajakoltsora siken Jacett kav suale, hagopazsora dufaenkai tra.

Som Haeste: Kav kibesievran jaup yenis, girki kret. Girki keppek ravas Pinstabal ta Sena.

Som Partal: Kidaliaran ta Bris voy sar, kiheo Silhe ta Joli voy.

Kav kidhelran coanian oundhepf.
I tried my hand at translating the deities' words from the Voices thread.

Quote:
Som Reisekaarl: Kidhel gursuk ravas Bek. Jaup sukeno juken?

Som Tovakaarl: Dhel Yikaaral minstar verran dukris nihe, hafienursora ta Yikaar soras Rura gotse tra.

Som Briskabak: Aet, kiopethain menku et Rualten jher aivas Rura voek...

Som Istafallot: Kiflod ravas Bappikal jaec verras Imatal, kidukkaran traet yepavap ta Yvet gat Sornieth jarvon.

Som Agischur: Raanteain sehk ta Rintubal ioru jonavran yaat vos...

Som Lirentur: Kisehkran ta Vurteda. Carnsik ravas Yvet cayei, ta Merrlirebal sudhel et Kalhe, girha sudhel suthul tra.

Som Venarcu: Oren Acin ala, Acin Oren ala ut, kidhel Risdag tunk nocab dhel raveste!

Som Stigbal: Hajakoltsora siken Jacett kav suale, hagopazsora dufaenkai tra.

Som Haeste: Kav kibesievran jaup yenis, girki kret. Girki keppek ravas Pinstabal ta Sena.

Som Partal: Kidaliaran ta Bris voy sar, kiheo Silhe ta Joli voy.

Kav kidhelran coanian oundhepf.
A translation of "Born of Fire and Flame".
It's a bit rusty grammar-wise, and it doesn't have much rhyme or rhythm left, so take it with a grain of salt.
(Note: The dictionary currently has no word for "Banescale", so I used "Jaecklipi", meaning "scaled destroyer".)

Born of Fire and Flame, Banescale must rise!
Flamecaller’s Children, take now to the skies!

Eranc Isa tra Jucay gat, girki jemmar Jaecklipi!
Getsebal Istafallot aste, pahene xima ta Cuffobal ala!

When the Flame calls, we know what we must do:
Fly far and fly wide, we take and consume!

Cenmir ta Jucay jheos, paxnesora girki celur jaeu:
Pahen revir tra pahen kac, alesora tra jhesora!

Deep into the ice with magma we claimed,
To take from the Ice God in Her Great Name

Sujakoltsora sirl ta Aiga reldam Anes fek,
Ale ta Sollei Aiga juvas Datst tunk voy

The Children of Ice, unworthy and frail,
In the face of our might surely would fail.

Virha bes tup ta Lutrem voy soras Kirskav gat,
Ta Getsebal Aiga gat, kavaihra tra rastel.

Our pride was our fall, our ego our shame,
As Ice overtook our Fire and Flame.

Sudhel soras Povka soras Yako, sudhel soras Droyakik soras Kavaihril,
Sujakolt Aiga soras Isa tra Jucay sar.

We Banescale were one, our Flame shared one space;
Our future did lie within one embrace.

Sudhel Droc, Jaeclipi sora, susansel soras Jucay et Avki;
Sujece soras Reis juvas Yekic voek.

Arrogant! Foolish! We prideful banescale!
Our future, our Flame, we grieve and we wail!

Jekta! Makrec! Sora Jaeclipi povka!
Soras Bappikal, soras Jucay, kivikaatesora tra kierosora!

Our Flame’s lost to Ice and frozen in time.
We sing you this song now as we all die.

Kidhel soras Jucay besam Aiga ala tra receg Sul voy.
Kierosora Cjunag siken altovacsora sar.

If you should fly free, remember our song:
Fly far and fly wide to see the next dawn!

Fienure soras Cjunag, hapahenain kav Deconahe vos:
Pahene revir tra pahene kac, sehk ta Lirecest yepalle!

Born in Fire and Flame, Banescale now rise!
Flamecaller’s Children must take to the skies!
Learn from our failure and join with the world,
Our future, our Flame, flies with you unfurled!

Eranc Isa tra Jucay gat, kijemmar xima Jaecklipi!
Getsebal Istafallot aste, girki pahene ta Cuffobal ala!
Lore soras Biska otekka tra nihte Sornieth fek,
Kipahen aiato ainen fek, soras Reis, soras Jucay!
A translation of "Born of Fire and Flame".
It's a bit rusty grammar-wise, and it doesn't have much rhyme or rhythm left, so take it with a grain of salt.
(Note: The dictionary currently has no word for "Banescale", so I used "Jaecklipi", meaning "scaled destroyer".)

Born of Fire and Flame, Banescale must rise!
Flamecaller’s Children, take now to the skies!

Eranc Isa tra Jucay gat, girki jemmar Jaecklipi!
Getsebal Istafallot aste, pahene xima ta Cuffobal ala!

When the Flame calls, we know what we must do:
Fly far and fly wide, we take and consume!

Cenmir ta Jucay jheos, paxnesora girki celur jaeu:
Pahen revir tra pahen kac, alesora tra jhesora!

Deep into the ice with magma we claimed,
To take from the Ice God in Her Great Name

Sujakoltsora sirl ta Aiga reldam Anes fek,
Ale ta Sollei Aiga juvas Datst tunk voy

The Children of Ice, unworthy and frail,
In the face of our might surely would fail.

Virha bes tup ta Lutrem voy soras Kirskav gat,
Ta Getsebal Aiga gat, kavaihra tra rastel.

Our pride was our fall, our ego our shame,
As Ice overtook our Fire and Flame.

Sudhel soras Povka soras Yako, sudhel soras Droyakik soras Kavaihril,
Sujakolt Aiga soras Isa tra Jucay sar.

We Banescale were one, our Flame shared one space;
Our future did lie within one embrace.

Sudhel Droc, Jaeclipi sora, susansel soras Jucay et Avki;
Sujece soras Reis juvas Yekic voek.

Arrogant! Foolish! We prideful banescale!
Our future, our Flame, we grieve and we wail!

Jekta! Makrec! Sora Jaeclipi povka!
Soras Bappikal, soras Jucay, kivikaatesora tra kierosora!

Our Flame’s lost to Ice and frozen in time.
We sing you this song now as we all die.

Kidhel soras Jucay besam Aiga ala tra receg Sul voy.
Kierosora Cjunag siken altovacsora sar.

Born in Fire and Flame, Banescale now rise!
Flamecaller’s Children must take to the skies!
Learn from our failure and join with the world,
Our future, our Flame, flies with you unfurled!

Eranc Isa tra Jucay gat, kijemmar xima Jaecklipi!
Getsebal Istafallot aste, girki pahene ta Cuffobal ala!
Lore soras Biska otekka tra nihte Sornieth fek,
Kipahen aiato ainen fek, soras Reis, soras Jucay!
@Rivershard

Woah this is amazing. I'll have to really comb through it when I get a chance, but from my first skimming of it you did a really good job. The language is a bit simpler than english and there are a few phrases that don't quite translate, or at least not neatly and directly, but you seem to have done very well regardless!

Also you remind me, I was working on a translation of this song that maintains poetic verse. I didn't get to finish it since the holiday season swept everything off the table for me, but I might give it a revisit, or at least show the WIP around if people are interested...
@Rivershard

Woah this is amazing. I'll have to really comb through it when I get a chance, but from my first skimming of it you did a really good job. The language is a bit simpler than english and there are a few phrases that don't quite translate, or at least not neatly and directly, but you seem to have done very well regardless!

Also you remind me, I was working on a translation of this song that maintains poetic verse. I didn't get to finish it since the holiday season swept everything off the table for me, but I might give it a revisit, or at least show the WIP around if people are interested...
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Llanai A quick question about the scripting, I noticed in the slides that the Didek alphabet had one particular symbol for [i]a[/i] but the example in the final slide used a slightly different symbol. However, I also noticed that scripting Didek definitely values aesthetic as apart of each symbol's presentation. My question is if that particular difference was an artistic choice or an Alphabet update? If it is an Alphabet update, which is considered the correct symbol for [i]a[/i]? That is, comparing the [i]a[/i] given in slide 5: [center]given alphabet (titled Version 2 in image): [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/c05e57d8263b40c0c56b658e409f1f44/28873935ea910e15-14/s75x75_c1/11ef3d7bb2edf6b8e5c04e2daa248ed64bc174d7.png[/img] given in-text example ("Palvera"): [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6b5c3fdb45cfb7cd115e292738737dc4/28873935ea910e15-92/s75x75_c1/2f9a5ddd11c89f7e5097b66cbc805323c1c5a397.png[/img][/center] to the [i]a[/i] given in slides 10 - 18: [center]given in-text example ("Jucabai"): [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/dfee0412f1721cc3405f165ad2981275/28873935ea910e15-f0/s75x75_c1/86ab58af88041e939e68f05c1bca696f635d9c04.png[/img][/center]
@Llanai A quick question about the scripting, I noticed in the slides that the Didek alphabet had one particular symbol for a but the example in the final slide used a slightly different symbol.

However, I also noticed that scripting Didek definitely values aesthetic as apart of each symbol's presentation. My question is if that particular difference was an artistic choice or an Alphabet update? If it is an Alphabet update, which is considered the correct symbol for a?

That is, comparing the a given in slide 5:
given alphabet (titled Version 2 in image):
11ef3d7bb2edf6b8e5c04e2daa248ed64bc174d7.png

given in-text example ("Palvera"):
2f9a5ddd11c89f7e5097b66cbc805323c1c5a397.png
to the a given in slides 10 - 18:
given in-text example ("Jucabai"):
86ab58af88041e939e68f05c1bca696f635d9c04.png
l2p416L.png
@Ozzark Hi this is really fun because while I do have a long list of inconsistencies that I'm [s]ignoring[/s] waiting for people to point out to show that they're paying attention, but you've managed to find one that I hadn't even seen yet. Answer 1: The in universe answer You can consider this an example of variations like those that happen in the letter a in the Phoenician alphabet like so. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/545386191533375496/686781476196581396/unknown.png[/img][/center] It can also be thought of as a dialectic difference where different regions of sornieth would use different forms. Or you can think of it as simulating the development and change of the script over time, since the language has been used for so long, there are bound to be some changes here and there. Answer 2: The actual answer I made the script myself and and that fact makes me rather cocky sometimes. Every time I've used the script I've done so from memory and any parts I get wrong bam that's canon now. Most of the glyphs are pretty solid and vary only slightly but this one has been through a few forms as you pointed out. There's actually a fourth variant that I've been using for a while [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/545386191533375496/686781527514021939/unknown.png[/img] [/center] The real point here is that the symbol maintains the circle + line structure and remains visually distinct from the 'E' symbol. Outside of that, as you said, aesthetic takes priority.
@Ozzark

Hi this is really fun because while I do have a long list of inconsistencies that I'm ignoring waiting for people to point out to show that they're paying attention, but you've managed to find one that I hadn't even seen yet.

Answer 1: The in universe answer

You can consider this an example of variations like those that happen in the letter a in the Phoenician alphabet like so.
unknown.png
It can also be thought of as a dialectic difference where different regions of sornieth would use different forms.
Or you can think of it as simulating the development and change of the script over time, since the language has been used for so long, there are bound to be some changes here and there.

Answer 2: The actual answer

I made the script myself and and that fact makes me rather cocky sometimes. Every time I've used the script I've done so from memory and any parts I get wrong bam that's canon now. Most of the glyphs are pretty solid and vary only slightly but this one has been through a few forms as you pointed out. There's actually a fourth variant that I've been using for a while
unknown.png
The real point here is that the symbol maintains the circle + line structure and remains visually distinct from the 'E' symbol.
Outside of that, as you said, aesthetic takes priority.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9