Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | BAD delays (Pls help)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 123 124
[quote name="Valmue" date="2021-05-15 10:33:17" ] Having these same issues with the coliseum (where it gets stuck when loading), loading dragons being slow making bonding take a lot longer and the site just taking a while in general to load. All other websites are loading fine, about two months ago something similar happened that was affecting users in several specific countries or regions (mostly in Europe from what I remember) so wondering if that could be the same that's happening now? [/quote] Same—it seems to have started after the most recent update. I recall there used to be an "alternate account socket" setting you could pick somewhere (I thought account settings, but I didn't see it) to deal with lag. Does that still exist?
Valmue wrote on 2021-05-15 10:33:17:
Having these same issues with the coliseum (where it gets stuck when loading), loading dragons being slow making bonding take a lot longer and the site just taking a while in general to load.

All other websites are loading fine, about two months ago something similar happened that was affecting users in several specific countries or regions (mostly in Europe from what I remember) so wondering if that could be the same that's happening now?

Same—it seems to have started after the most recent update.

I recall there used to be an "alternate account socket" setting you could pick somewhere (I thought account settings, but I didn't see it) to deal with lag. Does that still exist?
YsUBlZc.png
Same here since the last update, pictures take forever to load, clicking between dragons has long loading screens. Cleared everything from my browser and tried different one too, still super laggy!
----
Edit:
Anybody had problems with breeding/incubating?
I've had lags so horrible that when trying to breed or incubate eggs, it takes forever to load, doesn't register or sends me a 404-page doesn't exist error!?

1) Connection type: Wifi or 5G
2) Network: Home
3) Anti-virus/malware: Bitdefender
4) Device type: Asus ROG Strix laptop, Dell XPS pc, Galaxy S21 mobile
5) Browser: Chrome
6) Operating system: Windows 10
7) Everything is up to date?: Yes
Same here since the last update, pictures take forever to load, clicking between dragons has long loading screens. Cleared everything from my browser and tried different one too, still super laggy!
----
Edit:
Anybody had problems with breeding/incubating?
I've had lags so horrible that when trying to breed or incubate eggs, it takes forever to load, doesn't register or sends me a 404-page doesn't exist error!?

1) Connection type: Wifi or 5G
2) Network: Home
3) Anti-virus/malware: Bitdefender
4) Device type: Asus ROG Strix laptop, Dell XPS pc, Galaxy S21 mobile
5) Browser: Chrome
6) Operating system: Windows 10
7) Everything is up to date?: Yes
YaLh2Os.png
I'm also having horrible lag, and only with FR. In my general use (everywhere, all over the entire site) and in the coli. Also, has been like this since the update. Have done my usual self-help items to fix it, nothing has helped.
I'm also having horrible lag, and only with FR. In my general use (everywhere, all over the entire site) and in the coli. Also, has been like this since the update. Have done my usual self-help items to fix it, nothing has helped.
Yeah I've been noticing lag in the scrying workshop, loading of pics and some bits of coli. I know it's not my network or device that is at issue.
Yeah I've been noticing lag in the scrying workshop, loading of pics and some bits of coli. I know it's not my network or device that is at issue.
Images are taking a long time to load for me. The usual cache.cookie clearing didn't help and I am having the problem across multiple devices :) Have just tested the coliseum and it will hang like this upwards fo one minute between each round: [img]https://i.imgur.com/MMTxZX8.png[/img]
Images are taking a long time to load for me. The usual cache.cookie clearing didn't help and I am having the problem across multiple devices :)

Have just tested the coliseum and it will hang like this upwards fo one minute between each round: MMTxZX8.png
ME TOO, OKAy so I'm not the only one. This started completely suddenly and I do believe this has something to do with a recent browser update. (Edit: seeing that people are pointing out this started happening after the downtime, it might also be related to that.) It also might be related simply to how the page loads because that's where the problem seems to lie. We're experiencing the exact same problem - I load a page, and as my internet is fairly content most of the time AND my PC is super fast, I am used to clicking and navigating really fast too. I click on a dragon below after scrolling down and it takes me to a completely different dragon because I think the click box itself doesn't adjust itself properly on time and is layered falsely over something else.

I am also having issues with loading skin previews and skin images and it is NOT an issue with my internet because I can load 4k screenshots in a matter of a few seconds and all of my 300+ outfits in the Dressing Room almost immediately loaded, the skin images take up to 15 seconds which makes me think it's some sort of internal server lag. Unrelated to the first part but just pointing it out.

PC: Alienware 17 R4 (Dell)
Version & OS build: 20H2 (19042.985)
Browser: Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Internet connection type: Wireless (at home)
Region: Croatia, Zagreb
ME TOO, OKAy so I'm not the only one. This started completely suddenly and I do believe this has something to do with a recent browser update. (Edit: seeing that people are pointing out this started happening after the downtime, it might also be related to that.) It also might be related simply to how the page loads because that's where the problem seems to lie. We're experiencing the exact same problem - I load a page, and as my internet is fairly content most of the time AND my PC is super fast, I am used to clicking and navigating really fast too. I click on a dragon below after scrolling down and it takes me to a completely different dragon because I think the click box itself doesn't adjust itself properly on time and is layered falsely over something else.

I am also having issues with loading skin previews and skin images and it is NOT an issue with my internet because I can load 4k screenshots in a matter of a few seconds and all of my 300+ outfits in the Dressing Room almost immediately loaded, the skin images take up to 15 seconds which makes me think it's some sort of internal server lag. Unrelated to the first part but just pointing it out.

PC: Alienware 17 R4 (Dell)
Version & OS build: 20H2 (19042.985)
Browser: Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Internet connection type: Wireless (at home)
Region: Croatia, Zagreb
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I'm having similar issues, dragon profiles, scrys, post images, previews, apparel previews etc are slow loading for me. I know its not my pc or network too.
YT, word, onedrive are all loading immediately.
Cleared browser cache, cpu usage is super low anyway. Looks to be a site issue instead of devices, but obviously if your devices are slow to begin with, this won't help it at all.
I'm in the UK and I have seen people from the US comment, another reason for it to be a site issue rather than region based.
- Using Opera GX.
I'm having similar issues, dragon profiles, scrys, post images, previews, apparel previews etc are slow loading for me. I know its not my pc or network too.
YT, word, onedrive are all loading immediately.
Cleared browser cache, cpu usage is super low anyway. Looks to be a site issue instead of devices, but obviously if your devices are slow to begin with, this won't help it at all.
I'm in the UK and I have seen people from the US comment, another reason for it to be a site issue rather than region based.
- Using Opera GX.
owcGC.gif
Adding my 'me too' to this. Seems to be since the latest downtime. I've had issues with images of dragons in my lair loading slowly or not at all, slow transition between dragons (e.g. when familiar bonding, using left/right arrows to navigate), and the prolonged 'white window' in coli between fights mostly.

I'm in the US, Windows Laptop, using Chrome. Cache is cleared, computer has been rebooted, still seeing the issue. CPU usage is not high at all either.

Also the issue caused by Chrome's update a while back (blurry downsized images) that I reported previously is still around too, but since that's been here for a couple weeks at least now, it doesn't seem to be related to the current lag.
Adding my 'me too' to this. Seems to be since the latest downtime. I've had issues with images of dragons in my lair loading slowly or not at all, slow transition between dragons (e.g. when familiar bonding, using left/right arrows to navigate), and the prolonged 'white window' in coli between fights mostly.

I'm in the US, Windows Laptop, using Chrome. Cache is cleared, computer has been rebooted, still seeing the issue. CPU usage is not high at all either.

Also the issue caused by Chrome's update a while back (blurry downsized images) that I reported previously is still around too, but since that's been here for a couple weeks at least now, it doesn't seem to be related to the current lag.
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
I've been having the same issue. The site was working fine before the update, and IMMEDIATELY after maintenance ended, everything has been slow to load, taking up to a minute on a new and beefy pc/fast internet without others using it. That's if it loads at all. Coliseum and bonding are just the most noticeable since it causes a lot of things to load in quick succession. It's actually been causing me a lot of problems with higher or lower, where it has a significant delay before acknowledging something has happened, causing me to guess "incorrectly".

Unless there was a browser update that happened at the same time as the maintenance, I don't see how it could be related, as that is exactly when the problem started.

East coast US, using Chrome.
I've been having the same issue. The site was working fine before the update, and IMMEDIATELY after maintenance ended, everything has been slow to load, taking up to a minute on a new and beefy pc/fast internet without others using it. That's if it loads at all. Coliseum and bonding are just the most noticeable since it causes a lot of things to load in quick succession. It's actually been causing me a lot of problems with higher or lower, where it has a significant delay before acknowledging something has happened, causing me to guess "incorrectly".

Unless there was a browser update that happened at the same time as the maintenance, I don't see how it could be related, as that is exactly when the problem started.

East coast US, using Chrome.
East coast location for me too. I wonder if that's a common factor?
East coast location for me too. I wonder if that's a common factor?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 123 124