Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Disillusionist's Lore & More [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 656 657
@Disillusionist well... *grins madly* I love everything, that, you know, you've ever made for me, the lore and the badges for clan groups just MAKE my LAIR... but while I'm super keen for anything/everything, it's kinda up to how inspired you feel. What if I made a down payment for 1000 words x2, but if inspiration suddenly curls up its toes and dies at any point and you can't think of anything else, there's no hard feelings at all? :) Would that work for you? I don't like putting pressure on the creative process! :S

I totally love clarifying, and I appreciate how you always ask for such specific things for clarification and how you're SO patient with me, thanks again- because I know I totally ramble and often make no sense. You should see how bad I am in real life, at least typing stuff means I can edit! :P
@Disillusionist well... *grins madly* I love everything, that, you know, you've ever made for me, the lore and the badges for clan groups just MAKE my LAIR... but while I'm super keen for anything/everything, it's kinda up to how inspired you feel. What if I made a down payment for 1000 words x2, but if inspiration suddenly curls up its toes and dies at any point and you can't think of anything else, there's no hard feelings at all? :) Would that work for you? I don't like putting pressure on the creative process! :S

I totally love clarifying, and I appreciate how you always ask for such specific things for clarification and how you're SO patient with me, thanks again- because I know I totally ramble and often make no sense. You should see how bad I am in real life, at least typing stuff means I can edit! :P
dfUnMqs.gif7XI1FUO.pngwE7J1TW.pngq6Eeqsk.pngdfUnMqs.gif
[/url]
@CatkinStarchild Thank you so much. :'D I'm glad that you've been satisfied with all my efforts so far! I think I can make it to 1,000 words for each, but if not, then I'll only collect the remaining payment based on the max word count. Thank you for giving me that option!

I'll put down the order for 1,000 words x2. There are a couple more orders ahead of you, so I'll need to finish them first before asking for down payment; but in the meantime, please feel free to edit your order if you change your mind. (Just ping me so that I don't miss any new info.) Thanks again! ^^
@CatkinStarchild Thank you so much. :'D I'm glad that you've been satisfied with all my efforts so far! I think I can make it to 1,000 words for each, but if not, then I'll only collect the remaining payment based on the max word count. Thank you for giving me that option!

I'll put down the order for 1,000 words x2. There are a couple more orders ahead of you, so I'll need to finish them first before asking for down payment; but in the meantime, please feel free to edit your order if you change your mind. (Just ping me so that I don't miss any new info.) Thanks again! ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@felistopaz Ready to start working on your lore. Please send me 37,500t as the starting fee. It'll be returned to you via 2-way CR after the commission's complete. Thank you!
@Polyhymnia Thank you for your patience! I've finished your lore. A 2-way CR has been set up so that I can return your deposit; the payment in gems is 525g. Thanks again for waiting, and here's a preview as well~
Quote:
They learned about their dark world, about the luminous things that were food or prey. They learned which regions to avoid and where to locate the well-trodden paths. In between these practical lessons, there were constant reminders from the Clan Leader and his representatives: “We are shadows,” groaned the old drake, at the start of each and every lecture. Kaasni’s first memory of him was also the most haunting: He had been gaunt even then, heavily swaddled in all-concealing drapes of cloth. It didn’t look as though he’d ever changed them, for many of them now hung in tattered folds. They swayed mesmerizingly as he rocked from side to side. Eeriest of all were his eyes: Kaasni had no idea what dragon he was; so thickly draped in cloaks was he. But from deep inside his hood shone his eyes: pale and luminous, as feebly lit as fungus-light glancing off a glass shard.

“We are shadows, and so we belong to the Darkness. It embraces us, provides us with everything we need. It shields us from the Sun!”

“The Sun!” howled the old leader’s attendants. Their words thundered like the crack of doom.

“If not for the roof of the Darkness, the greedy Sun would find and devour us. Its fire would shrivel the flesh from our bones, reduce all we love to ash!” The clan leader seemed about to lurch forward as he gestured. His claws twitched spasmodically. Then slowly, they became still, and when he spoke again, his voice was almost a croon: “Let us remain beneath the cool mantle of the Darkness. Here, we are safe from the dreadful Sun.”

That was the picture the clan painted for Kaasni: shadows huddled in fear beneath a great roof of darkness, always hiding from the Sun. It was a great beast roaming freely across the planet. Its claws of light ferreted hapless dragons from their hiding places, and they were then devoured by great jaws of fire.

Kaasni believed this for a long time. She was not even particularly afraid of it, for the idea of a great, mysterious beast stalking everywhere was irresistible to an adventurous child. It was only years later that the picture was irrevocably destroyed by the Stranger.
@felistopaz Ready to start working on your lore. Please send me 37,500t as the starting fee. It'll be returned to you via 2-way CR after the commission's complete. Thank you!
@Polyhymnia Thank you for your patience! I've finished your lore. A 2-way CR has been set up so that I can return your deposit; the payment in gems is 525g. Thanks again for waiting, and here's a preview as well~
Quote:
They learned about their dark world, about the luminous things that were food or prey. They learned which regions to avoid and where to locate the well-trodden paths. In between these practical lessons, there were constant reminders from the Clan Leader and his representatives: “We are shadows,” groaned the old drake, at the start of each and every lecture. Kaasni’s first memory of him was also the most haunting: He had been gaunt even then, heavily swaddled in all-concealing drapes of cloth. It didn’t look as though he’d ever changed them, for many of them now hung in tattered folds. They swayed mesmerizingly as he rocked from side to side. Eeriest of all were his eyes: Kaasni had no idea what dragon he was; so thickly draped in cloaks was he. But from deep inside his hood shone his eyes: pale and luminous, as feebly lit as fungus-light glancing off a glass shard.

“We are shadows, and so we belong to the Darkness. It embraces us, provides us with everything we need. It shields us from the Sun!”

“The Sun!” howled the old leader’s attendants. Their words thundered like the crack of doom.

“If not for the roof of the Darkness, the greedy Sun would find and devour us. Its fire would shrivel the flesh from our bones, reduce all we love to ash!” The clan leader seemed about to lurch forward as he gestured. His claws twitched spasmodically. Then slowly, they became still, and when he spoke again, his voice was almost a croon: “Let us remain beneath the cool mantle of the Darkness. Here, we are safe from the dreadful Sun.”

That was the picture the clan painted for Kaasni: shadows huddled in fear beneath a great roof of darkness, always hiding from the Sun. It was a great beast roaming freely across the planet. Its claws of light ferreted hapless dragons from their hiding places, and they were then devoured by great jaws of fire.

Kaasni believed this for a long time. She was not even particularly afraid of it, for the idea of a great, mysterious beast stalking everywhere was irresistible to an adventurous child. It was only years later that the picture was irrevocably destroyed by the Stranger.
@Tues Samples are here, 4 for each card. Please let me know if you'd like changes to any of these, or if they're OK. ^^

Samples were here -- they have since been removed.
@Tues Samples are here, 4 for each card. Please let me know if you'd like changes to any of these, or if they're OK. ^^

@felistopaz I've finished Null's lore. :D A 2-way CR has been set up so you can attach the scroll and get your deposit back. Here's a preview as well~
Quote:
Null did not reply. Such reticence was to be expected from a new-hatched child, especially one who was probably a little slow in the head....The clan decided that this was so. Yes, he probably had not developed right, which was why he’d been so slow to hatch. It was a convenient explanation....

But there were so many holes in it. “I didn’t make a mistake.” The healer was genuinely baffled. “I listened so carefully; there was no heartbeat....How could he have lived?”

And now some dragons remembered.... “Why did you scream?” they asked the gravekeeper. He was a stolid drake who did not get rattled easily; it was why he had stayed so long at his post. What had frightened him then, on the day Null had come to the clan?

He bent close as if afraid someone would hear, and he described the anomaly he’d seen: that blobby white mass, writhing and pulsing in mid-air, not just colors but shapes all bleeding into one another. “It looked at me,” he whispered. “Those eyes, so blank...There was intelligence, but...no emotions, no soul. It should have been dead. I don’t understand how...!”

People love a good ghost story, but not when it seems they’re living in it — because then it seems possible that they might become ghosts, too. Null was still fed and cared for; but unlike orphaned hatchlings who quickly bonded to one family, he bounced from den to den, hastily fed and watered and then practically shoved out the door. Had he been more expressive, perhaps the dragons might have shown more sympathy, but all they could think of were the gravekeeper’s words: “It should’ve been dead....No emotions, and no soul in those eyes. No soul at all.”
@felistopaz I've finished Null's lore. :D A 2-way CR has been set up so you can attach the scroll and get your deposit back. Here's a preview as well~
Quote:
Null did not reply. Such reticence was to be expected from a new-hatched child, especially one who was probably a little slow in the head....The clan decided that this was so. Yes, he probably had not developed right, which was why he’d been so slow to hatch. It was a convenient explanation....

But there were so many holes in it. “I didn’t make a mistake.” The healer was genuinely baffled. “I listened so carefully; there was no heartbeat....How could he have lived?”

And now some dragons remembered.... “Why did you scream?” they asked the gravekeeper. He was a stolid drake who did not get rattled easily; it was why he had stayed so long at his post. What had frightened him then, on the day Null had come to the clan?

He bent close as if afraid someone would hear, and he described the anomaly he’d seen: that blobby white mass, writhing and pulsing in mid-air, not just colors but shapes all bleeding into one another. “It looked at me,” he whispered. “Those eyes, so blank...There was intelligence, but...no emotions, no soul. It should have been dead. I don’t understand how...!”

People love a good ghost story, but not when it seems they’re living in it — because then it seems possible that they might become ghosts, too. Null was still fed and cared for; but unlike orphaned hatchlings who quickly bonded to one family, he bounced from den to den, hastily fed and watered and then practically shoved out the door. Had he been more expressive, perhaps the dragons might have shown more sympathy, but all they could think of were the gravekeeper’s words: “It should’ve been dead....No emotions, and no soul in those eyes. No soul at all.”
@Disillusionist

As usual, they're stunning!! I think I like Death 1, Gold 3, and Now 4. On the Now pair, though, the test should be 50/50 glimmer stained. Other than that, they look amazing! cx
@Disillusionist

As usual, they're stunning!! I think I like Death 1, Gold 3, and Now 4. On the Now pair, though, the test should be 50/50 glimmer stained. Other than that, they look amazing! cx
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif â– 
she/they -- fr+3
lore shop -- hatchery -- clan lore -- quests
@CatkinStarchild Ready to start working on your lore. Please send me 30,000t for down payment. Thank you!
@Tues Thank you so much, both for the compliment and for pointing out the error. I've fixed it in the sample shown here:

To confirm, here are the samples you wanted for the other pairs. Remaining payment for these is 29,160t. =)

@CatkinStarchild Ready to start working on your lore. Please send me 30,000t for down payment. Thank you!
@Tues Thank you so much, both for the compliment and for pointing out the error. I've fixed it in the sample shown here:

To confirm, here are the samples you wanted for the other pairs. Remaining payment for these is 29,160t. =)

@Disillusionist

Wonderful! Payment is headed your way shortly. :)
@Disillusionist

Wonderful! Payment is headed your way shortly. :)
she/they -- fr+3
@Tues Thanks again for supporting my shop. Best of (continued) luck to your hatchery, too. ^^ (As always, please don't forget to save these to your own host~) [img]https://i.imgur.com/mKW8q5A.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vK0tWQS.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/RVaOuZa.png[/img]
@Tues Thanks again for supporting my shop. Best of (continued) luck to your hatchery, too. ^^

(As always, please don't forget to save these to your own host~)

mKW8q5A.png
vK0tWQS.png
RVaOuZa.png
@Disillusionist

They're all saved to upload to my host some time tomorrow when I'm less tired. Thank you for doing such wonderful work on the cards, as always. c:
@Disillusionist

They're all saved to upload to my host some time tomorrow when I'm less tired. Thank you for doing such wonderful work on the cards, as always. c:
she/they -- fr+3
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 656 657