Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Amare means Love~100 Hatchling Challenge
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19
@Rosesinger That's fine! Also I'd say wait on the lore until you send her so I don't forget about it by the time the kids hatch!
@Rosesinger That's fine! Also I'd say wait on the lore until you send her so I don't forget about it by the time the kids hatch!
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@SaphireKat Got it, Thanks!
@SaphireKat Got it, Thanks!
@SaphireKat i'll make a note of it ;v; and eh, its generally a 15 day cool down for the base babies so i think you're fine with the math ^^

can't wait for to see the next batch of kids too for the current mate, they look like they'd make some cuteys ;v;
@SaphireKat i'll make a note of it ;v; and eh, its generally a 15 day cool down for the base babies so i think you're fine with the math ^^

can't wait for to see the next batch of kids too for the current mate, they look like they'd make some cuteys ;v;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
@SaphireKat we did! They have the opportunity for some really pretty babies
@SaphireKat we did! They have the opportunity for some really pretty babies
@MonoDusk I'll add her back on the waitlist then! Her date will be 4/18 (haha my birthday) if my math is correct!
@MonoDusk I'll add her back on the waitlist then! Her date will be 4/18 (haha my birthday) if my math is correct!
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
[s][/s]@SariStar @Dragonfruiteen @Venusian @EccentricElf23 @Rosesinger @MonoDusk @MysteryGyn YEET The fifth nest of kiddos! Super happy with this nest other than the oddity of metals going around. Two XYXs, holy moly. Time for a five mile long story [quote] After his rendevou with Maple, Amare wasn't sure how to feel anymore. Maple was the first dragon that had chased him off rather than the other way around. She had been just so insufferable up until the day she disappeared from the clan, making every day of Amare's life a living you-know-what. Afterwards, Amare went into hiding. He didn't want anything more with this whole finding a forever mate buisness for months. He had given up finding his love. [center]~~~[/center] "No offense, Amare, because you're my friend and all, but you can't stay in these caverns forever," [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=370083&tab=dragon&did=49468580]Taloshor[/url] said. Amare groaned as he got up. He looked at his fellow guardian who glowed along with the crystals surrounding them within the cave. He had come here because it was away from the clan, yet he could have Taloshor to talk to. "Why can't I?" Amare whined, looking over at Taloshor. Taloshor only smiled. "Because, you're scales will start to lose their color." Amare looked at his shiny scales and shrugged. "Okay, I get you don't care how you look anymore, but at least try to go outside? Besides, I need a few moments of silence and meditation without you whining in the background." Taloshor huffed. Amare growled at him but obliged drug his way from the cave. When he got outside, he hissed as his eyes hadn't seen sunlight for days and it hurt. Luckily for him it only took a few moments to get adjusted. He looked around at the surrounding woods of the starwood strand and huffed. He had to admit, he missed the outdoors, but he was too upset to even want to be outside. "Oh, Taloshor finally kick you out of his cave?" A voice said. Amare looked up to see Oceanspire, his godmother, standing there. "If so, he's right about you needing sunlight. You're already starting to dull out." Amare looked at his crystal-like scales. He grunted when he noticed that while they were still sparkly as ever, they were a few shades lighter than before he had went into the caverns. "Please Amare," Oceanspire said. "Please go back out looking. It kills me to see you upset." She laid a hand on his forearm and looked up at him. Amare only shook his head. "I don't think I want that anymore." Oceanspire scoffed. "You're searching for your love to be your charge, right?" Amare slid his gaze over to her. "Maybe I don't have a charge." "Preposterous! You do to have a charge, every guardian has a charge! Think of Thero and Taloshor, they've found theirs, and Thero's is his mate, aka your adoptive mother!" Oceanspire ranted. "Get out there and find yours!" Amare flinched at the growing acid to her words. "Okay, okay," He whimpered, getting up. "I'll be going [i]now[/i] then if it's such a big deal!" Oceanspire smiled. "Then go on! Get out of here!" Amare trod away from her as quickly as possible. [center]~~~[/center] Amare didn't go anywhere in particular. In fact, he only went deeper into the forest. He still didn't want to find his charge for whatever reason. It was almost like the more he went through mates, the more damaged and incomplete he felt. He wondered if he should just stop. So he did, he stopped right in the middle of a clearing where tall grass grew between the trees, reaching to the sky. Amare looked around, breathing in the fresh air. It was nice and peaceful, and he saw butterflies flitting around in the tall grass. Or more specifically, gathering around a larger butterfly in the other side of the clearing. Amare took a few steps toward the gathering of butterflies. Then, he realized that the "butterfly" that the others were gathering around was actually a pearlcatcher. He gasped, watching as the butterflies landed in her hands to feed from the flowers she was holding. There was a pleasant smile on her face as she fed the butterflies, and Amare couldn't help but walk forward more to see this dragoness. As he walked forward, the butterflies flew away, making the pearlcatcher look up at Amare with a questioning face. His breath caught in his throat. "Who are you?" She immediately asked. "I'm uh... Amare," He drawled out. "I come from a clan not too far from here." "Oh, sorry, I must be trespassing on your territory. I'll be going now," The pearlcatcher said, bowing her head and turning to leave. "No, wait! It's fine, really," Amare said. "My clan is full of pacifists, it's fine. What's your name?" "Um, Okay." The pearlcatcher responded. "I'm Monarch." "Queen of the Butterflies." Amare said with a grin. "Please don't say that," Monarch mumbled. "I was supposed to be a queen once, but I got exiled as a princess." "Oh... I'm sorry," Amare said. [i]Good Going[/i] he thought. "Hey, why don't you come visit my clan for a few days?" He asked. "We could set you up with something to eat and a place to rest, if you'd like." Monarch thought for a few minutes. "Ah, I have come a long way... That'd be great, thank you." Amare smiled. [center]~~~[/center] Amare walked through the clan with Monarch at his side, the other dragons gazing at them and whispering. Some of them, for example the one shade-touched dragon that did live in the clan, were judgmentally hissing words to one another. However, many of them were grinning and excited. "Amare, what's up with your clan mates?" Monarch asked. "Ah, they're probably thinking I'm up to something. I used to bring home ladies all the time trying to find my forever mate." He explained, scales flushing with embarrassment. Monarch laughed and gave him a coy smile. "Is that why you brought me here?" She asked. "What?! No! I was just trying to be nice!" Amare responded, getting flustered. "Well either way, you've entertained me." Monarch replied. "If I end up staying more than only a few days, it'd be fine with me." Amare stared at her, dumbfounded. [center]~~~[/center] Amare stared at Monarch laying beside him in their nest. He couldn't believe he'd fallen back into this. He thought he was done for good. What was really sad about it was this was the most fun he had ever had with a dragoness. She had a specific sense of humor and way of acting. And now they had a nest and he was curled around her as she was curled around [i]four eggs.[/i] Four. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/9/4healthy_0dead.png[/img] Amare stared at her peaceful form and sighed. He hoped with all of his heart this would last, but something told him it wouldn't. Amare loved her, but knew that love couldn't remain. [center]~~~[/center] Oceanspire was all smiles the morning she arrived to Amare and Monarch's nest to be present for the hatching of their eggs. She was so glad Amare had found a mate, even if she was temporary. Amare looked up when Oceanspire entered their nest. He was sitting right next to Monarch with their tails wrapped around each other. Monarch was smiling and caressing her eggs while Amare smiled at her. Oceanspire looked up at Amare. "I'm so glad you got out of that depression and can be out love-struck prince again," She said with a giggle. Monarch looked up at Amare. "You're a... prince?" She asked. "Why didn't you tell me?" "It's only honorary because I was adopted by the King and Queen. It's not that I'll become kin anytime soon myself, my sister is in place before me if anything happens." Amare explained. Monarch nodded. "It makes sense I guess. Oh!" She said, feeling the egg she was rubbing kick against her hand. "I think this one is ready!" Oceanspire smiled. "Gather them in the center of the nest. We'll keep an eye on all of them and make sure nothing happens." Monarch nodded and pushed it towards the other. Not a moment after she took her hands away from it, foot smashed through the shell. Then another. "Whoa! This one's going to be a feisty one," Amare said, putting his hand next to the egg so that it wouldn't flop over as the hatchling inside was going crazy trying to get out of their shell. Suddenly, the shell burst open and a guardian stretched his way out. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50013746] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500138/50013746_350.png[/img] [/url] Their attention was then turned to the next egg as a chirp came from within when the new guardian hatchling stumbled into it. Monarch gently grasped the egg and smiled. "Come out little one," She whispered to the egg. The beak of a pearlcatcher poked through the shell before it began to munch away at it's eggshell. Amare looked with a slightly disturbed face, he didn't know that baby pearlcatchers did that. He watched as the little one ate its way out and curled up in Monarch's hands. "She's beautiful," Monarch breathed out. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50013747] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500138/50013747_350.png[/img] [/url] The last two were now left to hatch. The stayed huddled next to one another as they quivered with the little ones inside trying to hatch. A hand thrust through each and they began pawing at each other. Oceanspire let out a laugh at first before one pushed the other over. The tipped over one's shell cracked and allowed yet another young guardian to hatch. The baby then went over to their sibling's egg and grabbed their paw in theirs, holding the other up as they cracked through the shell. "Huh, never watched that happen before," Oceanspire said, looking over the two new hatchlings. "They're sisters." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50013748] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500138/50013748_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50013749] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500138/50013749_350.png[/img] [/url] Amare smiled, and his only son from the nest walked over and snuggled against his leg. He offered a chuckle and looked over at Monarch. "I love how all the guardian children look like you, and the only pearlcatcher child looks like me." He commented. Monarch smiled back at him. "I want to name her Citrine," Monarch said. "Sort of after you, being a gemstone boy and all." Amare smiled. "Then, I want to name the others Viceroy, Mariposa, and Batesia after you. They're all butterflies." "That's really sweet," Monarch said with a smile. [center]~~~[/center] That night, when the hatchling fell asleep, Amare looked at Monarch. His breath caught in his throat as he looked at her. By the gods, he wanted her to stay, and he dreaded having to ask. "You won't be staying much longer, will you?" He asked. Monarch looked up at him and shook her head, with a sad smile. Amare looked at his feet. He knew it. "There are two dragons out there, my two very best friends, that I have to return to." Monarch said. "I've been here far too long as it's been and they're probably worried about me." Amare nodded, and looked at their four hatchlings. "What about them?" Monarch grabbed Amare's hands. "Could you keep them safe for me?" She asked. "The journey back to my home is a perilous. And they're far too young to fight off the pestilence in the Scarred Wasteland." Amare nodded. "I will. I'll let you know if any of them leave my clan as well." "I'm sorry I have to go." Monarch said, looking down. Amare smiled. He leaned down and kissed her in the cheek. "You know, I love you either way," He admitted. "Go. Do what you need to do. Follow your heart." He said. "A-Amare..." Monarch said, looking up at him. "I-I don't know what to say." "Then don't say anything. I understand." Amare said. "And Monarch? Thank you." "For what?" Monarch asked. "You've given me a renewed sense of purpose to keep searching." Amare said. Monarch smiled. "Of course. Good luck finding your special someone." She said, rubbing his hand. "I have to go now. Apologize for them for me." She said. "I will. Get home safely," Amare said.[/quote] GAAH I WROTE THIS WHILE LISTENING TO SOMEWHAT SAD KINGDOM HEARTS MUSIC I was on the edge of tears at the end oof. Venusian, let me know if you want one of the kiddos or some other form of compensation! I'll be sending Monarch home once you reply, then put them up for adoption <3[s][/s]
@SariStar @Dragonfruiteen @Venusian @EccentricElf23 @Rosesinger @MonoDusk @MysteryGyn

YEET The fifth nest of kiddos! Super happy with this nest other than the oddity of metals going around. Two XYXs, holy moly.

Time for a five mile long story
Quote:
After his rendevou with Maple, Amare wasn't sure how to feel anymore. Maple was the first dragon that had chased him off rather than the other way around. She had been just so insufferable up until the day she disappeared from the clan, making every day of Amare's life a living you-know-what.

Afterwards, Amare went into hiding. He didn't want anything more with this whole finding a forever mate buisness for months. He had given up finding his love.
~~~

"No offense, Amare, because you're my friend and all, but you can't stay in these caverns forever," Taloshor said.

Amare groaned as he got up. He looked at his fellow guardian who glowed along with the crystals surrounding them within the cave. He had come here because it was away from the clan, yet he could have Taloshor to talk to.

"Why can't I?" Amare whined, looking over at Taloshor.

Taloshor only smiled. "Because, you're scales will start to lose their color."

Amare looked at his shiny scales and shrugged.

"Okay, I get you don't care how you look anymore, but at least try to go outside? Besides, I need a few moments of silence and meditation without you whining in the background." Taloshor huffed.

Amare growled at him but obliged drug his way from the cave. When he got outside, he hissed as his eyes hadn't seen sunlight for days and it hurt. Luckily for him it only took a few moments to get adjusted. He looked around at the surrounding woods of the starwood strand and huffed. He had to admit, he missed the outdoors, but he was too upset to even want to be outside.

"Oh, Taloshor finally kick you out of his cave?" A voice said. Amare looked up to see Oceanspire, his godmother, standing there. "If so, he's right about you needing sunlight. You're already starting to dull out."

Amare looked at his crystal-like scales. He grunted when he noticed that while they were still sparkly as ever, they were a few shades lighter than before he had went into the caverns.

"Please Amare," Oceanspire said. "Please go back out looking. It kills me to see you upset." She laid a hand on his forearm and looked up at him.

Amare only shook his head. "I don't think I want that anymore."

Oceanspire scoffed. "You're searching for your love to be your charge, right?"

Amare slid his gaze over to her. "Maybe I don't have a charge."

"Preposterous! You do to have a charge, every guardian has a charge! Think of Thero and Taloshor, they've found theirs, and Thero's is his mate, aka your adoptive mother!" Oceanspire ranted. "Get out there and find yours!"

Amare flinched at the growing acid to her words. "Okay, okay," He whimpered, getting up. "I'll be going now then if it's such a big deal!"

Oceanspire smiled. "Then go on! Get out of here!"

Amare trod away from her as quickly as possible.
~~~

Amare didn't go anywhere in particular. In fact, he only went deeper into the forest. He still didn't want to find his charge for whatever reason. It was almost like the more he went through mates, the more damaged and incomplete he felt. He wondered if he should just stop. So he did, he stopped right in the middle of a clearing where tall grass grew between the trees, reaching to the sky. Amare looked around, breathing in the fresh air. It was nice and peaceful, and he saw butterflies flitting around in the tall grass.

Or more specifically, gathering around a larger butterfly in the other side of the clearing.

Amare took a few steps toward the gathering of butterflies. Then, he realized that the "butterfly" that the others were gathering around was actually a pearlcatcher. He gasped, watching as the butterflies landed in her hands to feed from the flowers she was holding. There was a pleasant smile on her face as she fed the butterflies, and Amare couldn't help but walk forward more to see this dragoness.

As he walked forward, the butterflies flew away, making the pearlcatcher look up at Amare with a questioning face. His breath caught in his throat.

"Who are you?" She immediately asked.

"I'm uh... Amare," He drawled out. "I come from a clan not too far from here."

"Oh, sorry, I must be trespassing on your territory. I'll be going now," The pearlcatcher said, bowing her head and turning to leave.

"No, wait! It's fine, really," Amare said. "My clan is full of pacifists, it's fine. What's your name?"

"Um, Okay." The pearlcatcher responded. "I'm Monarch."

"Queen of the Butterflies." Amare said with a grin.

"Please don't say that," Monarch mumbled. "I was supposed to be a queen once, but I got exiled as a princess."

"Oh... I'm sorry," Amare said. Good Going he thought. "Hey, why don't you come visit my clan for a few days?" He asked. "We could set you up with something to eat and a place to rest, if you'd like."

Monarch thought for a few minutes. "Ah, I have come a long way... That'd be great, thank you."

Amare smiled.
~~~

Amare walked through the clan with Monarch at his side, the other dragons gazing at them and whispering. Some of them, for example the one shade-touched dragon that did live in the clan, were judgmentally hissing words to one another. However, many of them were grinning and excited.

"Amare, what's up with your clan mates?" Monarch asked.

"Ah, they're probably thinking I'm up to something. I used to bring home ladies all the time trying to find my forever mate." He explained, scales flushing with embarrassment.

Monarch laughed and gave him a coy smile. "Is that why you brought me here?" She asked.

"What?! No! I was just trying to be nice!" Amare responded, getting flustered.

"Well either way, you've entertained me." Monarch replied. "If I end up staying more than only a few days, it'd be fine with me."

Amare stared at her, dumbfounded.
~~~

Amare stared at Monarch laying beside him in their nest. He couldn't believe he'd fallen back into this. He thought he was done for good. What was really sad about it was this was the most fun he had ever had with a dragoness. She had a specific sense of humor and way of acting.

And now they had a nest and he was curled around her as she was curled around four eggs. Four.

4healthy_0dead.png

Amare stared at her peaceful form and sighed. He hoped with all of his heart this would last, but something told him it wouldn't. Amare loved her, but knew that love couldn't remain.
~~~

Oceanspire was all smiles the morning she arrived to Amare and Monarch's nest to be present for the hatching of their eggs. She was so glad Amare had found a mate, even if she was temporary.

Amare looked up when Oceanspire entered their nest. He was sitting right next to Monarch with their tails wrapped around each other. Monarch was smiling and caressing her eggs while Amare smiled at her.

Oceanspire looked up at Amare. "I'm so glad you got out of that depression and can be out love-struck prince again," She said with a giggle.

Monarch looked up at Amare. "You're a... prince?" She asked. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's only honorary because I was adopted by the King and Queen. It's not that I'll become kin anytime soon myself, my sister is in place before me if anything happens." Amare explained.

Monarch nodded. "It makes sense I guess. Oh!" She said, feeling the egg she was rubbing kick against her hand. "I think this one is ready!"

Oceanspire smiled. "Gather them in the center of the nest. We'll keep an eye on all of them and make sure nothing happens."

Monarch nodded and pushed it towards the other. Not a moment after she took her hands away from it, foot smashed through the shell. Then another.

"Whoa! This one's going to be a feisty one," Amare said, putting his hand next to the egg so that it wouldn't flop over as the hatchling inside was going crazy trying to get out of their shell.

Suddenly, the shell burst open and a guardian stretched his way out.

50013746_350.png

Their attention was then turned to the next egg as a chirp came from within when the new guardian hatchling stumbled into it. Monarch gently grasped the egg and smiled. "Come out little one," She whispered to the egg.

The beak of a pearlcatcher poked through the shell before it began to munch away at it's eggshell. Amare looked with a slightly disturbed face, he didn't know that baby pearlcatchers did that. He watched as the little one ate its way out and curled up in Monarch's hands. "She's beautiful," Monarch breathed out.

50013747_350.png

The last two were now left to hatch. The stayed huddled next to one another as they quivered with the little ones inside trying to hatch. A hand thrust through each and they began pawing at each other. Oceanspire let out a laugh at first before one pushed the other over. The tipped over one's shell cracked and allowed yet another young guardian to hatch. The baby then went over to their sibling's egg and grabbed their paw in theirs, holding the other up as they cracked through the shell.

"Huh, never watched that happen before," Oceanspire said, looking over the two new hatchlings. "They're sisters."

50013748_350.png

50013749_350.png

Amare smiled, and his only son from the nest walked over and snuggled against his leg. He offered a chuckle and looked over at Monarch.

"I love how all the guardian children look like you, and the only pearlcatcher child looks like me." He commented.

Monarch smiled back at him. "I want to name her Citrine," Monarch said. "Sort of after you, being a gemstone boy and all."

Amare smiled. "Then, I want to name the others Viceroy, Mariposa, and Batesia after you. They're all butterflies."

"That's really sweet," Monarch said with a smile.
~~~

That night, when the hatchling fell asleep, Amare looked at Monarch. His breath caught in his throat as he looked at her. By the gods, he wanted her to stay, and he dreaded having to ask.

"You won't be staying much longer, will you?" He asked.

Monarch looked up at him and shook her head, with a sad smile.

Amare looked at his feet. He knew it.

"There are two dragons out there, my two very best friends, that I have to return to." Monarch said. "I've been here far too long as it's been and they're probably worried about me."

Amare nodded, and looked at their four hatchlings. "What about them?"

Monarch grabbed Amare's hands. "Could you keep them safe for me?" She asked. "The journey back to my home is a perilous. And they're far too young to fight off the pestilence in the Scarred Wasteland."

Amare nodded. "I will. I'll let you know if any of them leave my clan as well."

"I'm sorry I have to go." Monarch said, looking down.

Amare smiled. He leaned down and kissed her in the cheek. "You know, I love you either way," He admitted. "Go. Do what you need to do. Follow your heart." He said.

"A-Amare..." Monarch said, looking up at him. "I-I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything. I understand." Amare said. "And Monarch? Thank you."

"For what?" Monarch asked.

"You've given me a renewed sense of purpose to keep searching." Amare said.

Monarch smiled. "Of course. Good luck finding your special someone." She said, rubbing his hand. "I have to go now. Apologize for them for me." She said.

"I will. Get home safely," Amare said.

GAAH I WROTE THIS WHILE LISTENING TO SOMEWHAT SAD KINGDOM HEARTS MUSIC

I was on the edge of tears at the end oof.

Venusian, let me know if you want one of the kiddos or some other form of compensation! I'll be sending Monarch home once you reply, then put them up for adoption <3
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@SaphireKat

aaaaah I adore how you wrote Monarch ;; I was mildly concerned about her breaking his heart again, but the opposite happened and she wanted him to keep searching- I love them, aha. Even their kids are beautiful~

And yeah, I would love to adopt one of their kids! Mind if I adopted Viceroy?
@SaphireKat

aaaaah I adore how you wrote Monarch ;; I was mildly concerned about her breaking his heart again, but the opposite happened and she wanted him to keep searching- I love them, aha. Even their kids are beautiful~

And yeah, I would love to adopt one of their kids! Mind if I adopted Viceroy?
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
@Venusian Yeah, I wanted Amare to have a happier entry this time! Even though reading it while listening to KH music makes me want to sob anyways hurg.. (that game is taking over my life rn oof)

I'll be sending Monarch and Viceroy your way soon!
@Venusian Yeah, I wanted Amare to have a happier entry this time! Even though reading it while listening to KH music makes me want to sob anyways hurg.. (that game is taking over my life rn oof)

I'll be sending Monarch and Viceroy your way soon!
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Those are really cute hatchlings! Congrats on the XYX's! (Are the two last sisters charges to each other or nah?)
Those are really cute hatchlings! Congrats on the XYX's! (Are the two last sisters charges to each other or nah?)
@Rosesinger I'm not sure yet....
@Rosesinger I'm not sure yet....
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19