Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 93 94
The party planning menu and the Coliseum itself runs splendidly on mobile (iOS Safari on an iPhone 6S).

However, when fighting in the Coliseum, there will be an occasional “Could not connect to game sever” error (the first time I tried to fight, it happened as soon as I selected my venue; The second time happened after two fights in the Training Fields).

Visual effects settings work great, speeds up battle, and there are no lag issues. I’m assuming any problems I’m having are due to how many people are testing out the beta at once.
The party planning menu and the Coliseum itself runs splendidly on mobile (iOS Safari on an iPhone 6S).

However, when fighting in the Coliseum, there will be an occasional “Could not connect to game sever” error (the first time I tried to fight, it happened as soon as I selected my venue; The second time happened after two fights in the Training Fields).

Visual effects settings work great, speeds up battle, and there are no lag issues. I’m assuming any problems I’m having are due to how many people are testing out the beta at once.
corrosivecreaturessig.png
Made a team, brought them up, checked order levels - seems to be working.

On the whole, the feeling seems smooth. And I'm so happy to have the snowfall back!

Aesthetic comment: I don't like the gaudy yellow arrow pointing to the 'next player'. It's redundant (next one shown is next up), a distracting color (yellow - why does it have to be yellow?), plus there is a 'READY' for the team member as well. If you must have an arrow I suggest black, not that distracting yellow. But please, I don't want or need that arrow.

(Now the Cove needs waves...)
Made a team, brought them up, checked order levels - seems to be working.

On the whole, the feeling seems smooth. And I'm so happy to have the snowfall back!

Aesthetic comment: I don't like the gaudy yellow arrow pointing to the 'next player'. It's redundant (next one shown is next up), a distracting color (yellow - why does it have to be yellow?), plus there is a 'READY' for the team member as well. If you must have an arrow I suggest black, not that distracting yellow. But please, I don't want or need that arrow.

(Now the Cove needs waves...)
mM2VM9X.png
I tested it out, really helpful! Now I'll be able to choose the right dragons without mixing up the parties! The problem I've found is the coliseum connection, which of course is everyone using it!
I tested it out, really helpful! Now I'll be able to choose the right dragons without mixing up the parties! The problem I've found is the coliseum connection, which of course is everyone using it!
Lichtdrache.gif
Oh, I like this. This might be what actually gets me to train up the whole clan rather than stick with my maxed out trio (Really hate having to pick and choose from a large clan when I try to train the rest of them--all those dragons to scroll through!). Had four groups up and ready to go in about as many minutes.

Love the options for list order, too.

Only question (suggestion) I might have is to somehow have the ability to rename a group? Two of the groups I made I named Trainer (put number here), but it would be nice that if after they're trained, if I like how the grouping turned out, if I could rename them to a new title, that would be awesome. Not sure if that can be done, though.

Also, is there an option to delete a party? Keep that part of the menu from getting too cluttered over the years.

Anyway, love the custom party page so far!
Oh, I like this. This might be what actually gets me to train up the whole clan rather than stick with my maxed out trio (Really hate having to pick and choose from a large clan when I try to train the rest of them--all those dragons to scroll through!). Had four groups up and ready to go in about as many minutes.

Love the options for list order, too.

Only question (suggestion) I might have is to somehow have the ability to rename a group? Two of the groups I made I named Trainer (put number here), but it would be nice that if after they're trained, if I like how the grouping turned out, if I could rename them to a new title, that would be awesome. Not sure if that can be done, though.

Also, is there an option to delete a party? Keep that part of the menu from getting too cluttered over the years.

Anyway, love the custom party page so far!
233223436&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Shining
[/url]
All I did was mess around with the different ways you could see Dragons now, which is really neat, and then just made and saved the teams I use most frequently (Golem farming, KB level/farming, Mire Flyer). I didn't spend a large amount of time doing any of it, but it was cool to see the different ways to filter Dragons, and I like that you can just load up a party. Going to try later on my phone and hopefully tablet, as I usually had the most issues on them.

(Right now I am using Chrome.)
All I did was mess around with the different ways you could see Dragons now, which is really neat, and then just made and saved the teams I use most frequently (Golem farming, KB level/farming, Mire Flyer). I didn't spend a large amount of time doing any of it, but it was cool to see the different ways to filter Dragons, and I like that you can just load up a party. Going to try later on my phone and hopefully tablet, as I usually had the most issues on them.

(Right now I am using Chrome.)
Runs very smoothly on mobile with no issues, but I really do wish we had the option to sort by exaltion availability- to make it easier to find fodder (and if I'm being completely honest, what's the point in "sort by unnamed"? We can't use unnamed in the coli- is it just to see what dragons are unnamed in your lair?)
Runs very smoothly on mobile with no issues, but I really do wish we had the option to sort by exaltion availability- to make it easier to find fodder (and if I'm being completely honest, what's the point in "sort by unnamed"? We can't use unnamed in the coli- is it just to see what dragons are unnamed in your lair?)
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="TinyGryphon" date=2018-02-05 06:27:40] I... was really hoping the option to toggle visual effects was going to include switching the day/night mode off (or at least allowing players to manually choose between day or night venues), something myself and other non-Americans have been inquiring about for years... is there any chance at all that a function like this might eventually be implemented? Or are we just stuck straining our eyes trying to play dark venues in broad daylight (and vice-versa) forever? [/quote] The day/night mode should now be tied to your local system clock, so you should be able to see daytime venues during the day! It won't match the exact daylight hours of every locality but it should be close. If you are not seeing this, please report it as a bug. Thank you!
TinyGryphon wrote on 2018-02-05:
I... was really hoping the option to toggle visual effects was going to include switching the day/night mode off (or at least allowing players to manually choose between day or night venues), something myself and other non-Americans have been inquiring about for years... is there any chance at all that a function like this might eventually be implemented? Or are we just stuck straining our eyes trying to play dark venues in broad daylight (and vice-versa) forever?
The day/night mode should now be tied to your local system clock, so you should be able to see daytime venues during the day! It won't match the exact daylight hours of every locality but it should be close. If you are not seeing this, please report it as a bug. Thank you!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I like it. I like it a lot.

I do have an idea for when you add rated match.

Maybe add a small chart for the coliseum home screen that shows if people are waiting for a rated match and what level there team is. It would increase the amount of rated matches by allowing people to match there team to another persons team.

But it is just a thought for a future update.
I like it. I like it a lot.

I do have an idea for when you add rated match.

Maybe add a small chart for the coliseum home screen that shows if people are waiting for a rated match and what level there team is. It would increase the amount of rated matches by allowing people to match there team to another persons team.

But it is just a thought for a future update.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
Woooo
Woooo
pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif
Coliseum on mobile is

f a n t a s t i c
Coliseum on mobile is

f a n t a s t i c
8mZCvaS.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 93 94