Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
thats so coooooool
thats so coooooool
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif
Just got around to trying the keyboard controls - man, are my elbows ever relieved! Thank you so much for this.

I'm going to echo the sentiments of many others in this thread and say that a keyboard control for Fight On, at the very least, would be the pièce de résistance, the icing on the cake of finally being able to coli regularly after my RSI stopped me for so long.
Just got around to trying the keyboard controls - man, are my elbows ever relieved! Thank you so much for this.

I'm going to echo the sentiments of many others in this thread and say that a keyboard control for Fight On, at the very least, would be the pièce de résistance, the icing on the cake of finally being able to coli regularly after my RSI stopped me for so long.
they/them • 27 • FR+0

did Atropos even know you had a name?
or when she'd cut the line, that it would leave half my tale untold?

how could you leave half a tale untold?
So strange that even with the effects turned off my poor computer (windows 10, 2 GB RAM) still gets hot! Much hotter than with the current coliseum with effects on... which is concerning.

Why is 60 FPS needed when there's so little to show with effects off? Leaving FPS that high really just eats RAM. You don't need 60 FPS to battle without effects. Same for bobbing dragons and other really basic animation.

A "low quality" toggle would be nice for when you're not using effects to reduce framerate and be less demanding on older computers. I could deal with static images. It's not a big deal.

At least the lag between moves is better and things flow more. That's good!
So strange that even with the effects turned off my poor computer (windows 10, 2 GB RAM) still gets hot! Much hotter than with the current coliseum with effects on... which is concerning.

Why is 60 FPS needed when there's so little to show with effects off? Leaving FPS that high really just eats RAM. You don't need 60 FPS to battle without effects. Same for bobbing dragons and other really basic animation.

A "low quality" toggle would be nice for when you're not using effects to reduce framerate and be less demanding on older computers. I could deal with static images. It's not a big deal.

At least the lag between moves is better and things flow more. That's good!
2q1bbjm.png302ngoh.png2ika7f9.png2zg87ib.png
We were told ages ago that venues being on multiple pages was something that was going to be fixed in the beta - and it's become an especially annoying detail with every lower level venue added, because it continues pushing the venues people grind EXP in to the second page. It's only an extra click, but it's extra annoying and we were told it wouldn't be a thing in the beta.

But here's the beta, and it's still there. I was just wondering if the admins have forgotten this particular quality of life detail? It's such a small thing that I wouldn't be shocked that it was forgotten. I love the beta so far, I haven't had too many issues with it and getting used to the keyboard controls will make it easier for me and my baby wrists to grind. I've had nothing but good things to say about the beta so far.

Your hard work, Akiri, Mutron, Kaepora, or any other coder working on this, is very appreciated! I know you're all doing your best right now, and none of this is easy or smooth as anyone would like it to be. I say this because I don't want you thinking I think all your hard work means nothing just because I have a problem. I would just like to see, maybe not someday soon, but maybe after the coli is out of beta all the venues could be on one page like we were promised.
We were told ages ago that venues being on multiple pages was something that was going to be fixed in the beta - and it's become an especially annoying detail with every lower level venue added, because it continues pushing the venues people grind EXP in to the second page. It's only an extra click, but it's extra annoying and we were told it wouldn't be a thing in the beta.

But here's the beta, and it's still there. I was just wondering if the admins have forgotten this particular quality of life detail? It's such a small thing that I wouldn't be shocked that it was forgotten. I love the beta so far, I haven't had too many issues with it and getting used to the keyboard controls will make it easier for me and my baby wrists to grind. I've had nothing but good things to say about the beta so far.

Your hard work, Akiri, Mutron, Kaepora, or any other coder working on this, is very appreciated! I know you're all doing your best right now, and none of this is easy or smooth as anyone would like it to be. I say this because I don't want you thinking I think all your hard work means nothing just because I have a problem. I would just like to see, maybe not someday soon, but maybe after the coli is out of beta all the venues could be on one page like we were promised.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
[quote name="Merman" date="2018-02-26 14:41:59" ] We were told ages ago that venues being on multiple pages was something that was going to be fixed in the beta - and it's become an especially annoying detail with every lower level venue added, because it continues pushing the venues people grind EXP in to the second page. It's only an extra click, but it's extra annoying and we were told it wouldn't be a thing in the beta. [/quote] Totally agree with this! It would be so much easier to have it all on one page. Would make a load of difference. Also, I'm going to echo what others have said... I'd really appreciate if you didn't have to wait for your dragon to return to its place before being able to do another action. It's a few extra moments to wait and I still haven't gotten used to it... makes it feel like very slow gameplay. Weird that certain things have been made faster (i.e., Meditate) but others have been slowed down.
Merman wrote on 2018-02-26 14:41:59:

Totally agree with this! It would be so much easier to have it all on one page. Would make a load of difference.

Also, I'm going to echo what others have said... I'd really appreciate if you didn't have to wait for your dragon to return to its place before being able to do another action. It's a few extra moments to wait and I still haven't gotten used to it... makes it feel like very slow gameplay. Weird that certain things have been made faster (i.e., Meditate) but others have been slowed down.
bouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gif

Kelly • she/her
...I'm going to miss the old one.
...I'm going to miss the old one.
At 60 FPS the Coliseum beta still feels really slow, especially considered to the regular Coliseum. The animations are sluggish and the page with no refresh still whites out. It is taking about 4-5 sec more per battle in the training fields with a team of level 25's, which doesn't sound like a lot but feels like a slog.

Also having issues where hits are not showing up, so the first hit won't show up after clicking so the next dragon would have to hit the opponent in order to take it out. (no dodge movement is shown either)

edit: also the camping screen needs to be larger, I feel like I need to squint my eyes to see it.
At 60 FPS the Coliseum beta still feels really slow, especially considered to the regular Coliseum. The animations are sluggish and the page with no refresh still whites out. It is taking about 4-5 sec more per battle in the training fields with a team of level 25's, which doesn't sound like a lot but feels like a slog.

Also having issues where hits are not showing up, so the first hit won't show up after clicking so the next dragon would have to hit the opponent in order to take it out. (no dodge movement is shown either)

edit: also the camping screen needs to be larger, I feel like I need to squint my eyes to see it.
ctZUH5g.png
Is a fix going to be made to the captcha when the revamp is released? I feel like a lot of people have pointed out that this is a potentially gamebreaking accessibility issue and I'd be very disappointed if it rolled out unchanged with the revamp.
Is a fix going to be made to the captcha when the revamp is released? I feel like a lot of people have pointed out that this is a potentially gamebreaking accessibility issue and I'd be very disappointed if it rolled out unchanged with the revamp.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
Does anyone have an idea when the coliseum beta will become the actual coliseum?
Does anyone have an idea when the coliseum beta will become the actual coliseum?
tumblr_p0rqy5I3Od1wvvm88o3_100.png FR+3
Collects familiars
Siblings w/ Purplepurple

You smell like peanuts :P
KvSj3yI.png
I have my 2 cents to put in.

Firstly, the end of the refresh after every battle is wonderful. It's great not having to scroll down any more.

Secondly, I am thrilled that the eliminate breath bug and turn order have been fixed.

But I'm going to echo many others and say that the camping image is way too small. Can it be at least the size of the battle screen? And maybe work in something for users who are visually impaired too.
I have my 2 cents to put in.

Firstly, the end of the refresh after every battle is wonderful. It's great not having to scroll down any more.

Secondly, I am thrilled that the eliminate breath bug and turn order have been fixed.

But I'm going to echo many others and say that the camping image is way too small. Can it be at least the size of the battle screen? And maybe work in something for users who are visually impaired too.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94