Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 103 104
[quote name="@Thoracosaurus" date=2017-01-26 18:05:40] [center][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/616.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] moomargh used pokeball
@Thoracosaurus wrote on 2017-01-26:
616.gif
tvbcGte.png

moomargh used pokeball
2T7Jk2l.png
[center][img]http://imgur.com/sigiZSL.gif[/img][br][img]http://i.imgur.com/Hna9Duz.png[/img][br]Shelmet has been transferred to @Canisa's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698966]PC.[/url][/center]
sigiZSL.gif
Hna9Duz.png
Shelmet has been transferred to @Canisa's PC.
bQiQUFQ.png
Day Two:

Nerzhul was still struggling to regain his breath after their encounter with the hostile plant life. All three of the adventurers were still having trouble relaxing as they set up their camp for the second night, but the Nocturne was feeling the worst of it.

"Gnnugh.... cursed... plants... agh!" he coughed and wheezed.

"Shouldn't you have seen them coming?" Almarkand asked. "This is your homeland, after all."

"I'm no botanist- leave that to Malin or Eveleen. How was I supposed to know that would happen?"

"Heh, and here I thought ice and snow would be the worst of our worries," Etna chimed in, as she worked to stoke the flames of her furnace. "Once again you've managed to see us through to safety, Almarkand. I'm impressed."

"I... yeah," Almarkand replied. "I never expected to be the leader of this expedition, but that seems to be how things are turning out."

"Hmph," Nerzhul said. "It won't last. Trust me."

By now, though, Almarkand had learned to ignore the Nocturne's frustrations with his leadership, and he simply laid himself down next to Etna to keep warm.

"Try not to push yourselves too hard now," the Pearlcatcher said, as he started to work on his dinner. "We still have a long way to go."

The rest of the evening would pass in relative silence as the trio made their camp at the base of the glittering cavern. Almarkand, of course, would make sure to collect a few precious stones to take with him. He could already tell he was going to make a small fortune off of this expedition, assuming they all made it back in one piece...
Day Two:

Nerzhul was still struggling to regain his breath after their encounter with the hostile plant life. All three of the adventurers were still having trouble relaxing as they set up their camp for the second night, but the Nocturne was feeling the worst of it.

"Gnnugh.... cursed... plants... agh!" he coughed and wheezed.

"Shouldn't you have seen them coming?" Almarkand asked. "This is your homeland, after all."

"I'm no botanist- leave that to Malin or Eveleen. How was I supposed to know that would happen?"

"Heh, and here I thought ice and snow would be the worst of our worries," Etna chimed in, as she worked to stoke the flames of her furnace. "Once again you've managed to see us through to safety, Almarkand. I'm impressed."

"I... yeah," Almarkand replied. "I never expected to be the leader of this expedition, but that seems to be how things are turning out."

"Hmph," Nerzhul said. "It won't last. Trust me."

By now, though, Almarkand had learned to ignore the Nocturne's frustrations with his leadership, and he simply laid himself down next to Etna to keep warm.

"Try not to push yourselves too hard now," the Pearlcatcher said, as he started to work on his dinner. "We still have a long way to go."

The rest of the evening would pass in relative silence as the trio made their camp at the base of the glittering cavern. Almarkand, of course, would make sure to collect a few precious stones to take with him. He could already tell he was going to make a small fortune off of this expedition, assuming they all made it back in one piece...
xpP2XdL.png
Hello, Hello! Everyone should now have their Day 2 logs! As you can see, the most common journal, 2B, involved some scaaaary plants, while journal 2A involved an even scarier snake!

Now that you've all navigated these problems, it's on to day 3!

12 of you are headed to log 3A
111 of you are headed to log 3B
56 of you are headed to log 3C

And now, for the best Day 2 bit that was written but never encountered:

"[Arcane-Magic], dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, whispered a few words under [their] breath. Moments later, the serpent exploded into a pile of rainbow confetti. [Arcane-Magic] jumped up and down excitedly, having wanted to try that out on something all day."

And some thread highlights:

*scurries off to read some of the longer posts*

@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Yvaine @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
Hello, Hello! Everyone should now have their Day 2 logs! As you can see, the most common journal, 2B, involved some scaaaary plants, while journal 2A involved an even scarier snake!

Now that you've all navigated these problems, it's on to day 3!

12 of you are headed to log 3A
111 of you are headed to log 3B
56 of you are headed to log 3C

And now, for the best Day 2 bit that was written but never encountered:

"[Arcane-Magic], dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, whispered a few words under [their] breath. Moments later, the serpent exploded into a pile of rainbow confetti. [Arcane-Magic] jumped up and down excitedly, having wanted to try that out on something all day."

And some thread highlights:

*scurries off to read some of the longer posts*

@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Yvaine @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[quote]We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.[/quote] Magdalena awoke to a strange, uneasy silence. Striking a match against the side of the cavern for light, she looked over to find her teammates asleep. She huffed. Yaden was supposed to be keeping watch. Ruffling through her travel sack, she pulled out the lantern and lit it, snuffing out the match on the icy floor. Ilex groaned at the sudden light, turning over and covering her eyes. "Yaden!" Magdalena hissed at the old coatl. He startled awake, eyes darting from side to side. "Wai- wait, what's going on?" Magdelena slid out of her sleeping bag, annoyed. "You feel alseep on your shift!" Her mane stood on end. "You could have gotten us killed!" Yaden stuck his tongue out at her. "Lighten up." He spread his wing, pointing to the roll of gauze and crusted ointment. "I was injured. And, ya didn't die, did ya?" Just as Magdalena was about to lunge at him, Ilex, now fully awake, stepped between them, stomping her foot. "Stop." Magdalena narrowed his eyes and pointed to Yaden. "He fell asleep on his watch." Ilex sighed and replied in Coatl. Yaden called from behind. "She said we need to stop fighting or we're gonna -" "I got the point!" Magdalena snapped. She turned to her things, rolling them into a ball. "We should get going before something really does attack us." Illex nodded, and the group packed their belonging, lit another lantern and headed out along the cavern. [quote]Amidst the piles of rock and rubble that filled this area of the trench, we noticed a dark grey vine poking out between a couple of boulders. Looking closer, it became clear that there were a number of flora-filled passages that had become blocked in a recent rockfall. Thinking that these side passages might be the key to our success, Ilex turned to the group and asked if she ought to attempt to move the rubble and clear the passages. With a resounding nod of approval, she lifted the boulders one by one, clearing out each passageway enough for us to pass. Faced with a web of newly-opened tunnels, we decided to take down their locations and spend a bit of time walking along the main trench before following any of the side passages. As we progressed through the trench, collecting samples from its walls and carefully plotting out its dimensions, Magdalena stopped to investigate a peculiar set of tracks within the earth below us. Large and serpentine, snaking through the tunnel and still warm from the creature's belly, the tracks surely belonged to a formidable foe, and it appeared that it had only recently passed through this area. Not wanting any sour encounters with a beast so large and intimidating, we decided to turn back towards the place we had started the day's journey. It was not until we had nearly reached the start of our day's journey that we noticed that we were being followed. Taking a look behind us, we caught a glimpse of two ice-cold eyes weaving back and forth along the trench floor in our direction. We needed to find a place to hide, and quickly! Magdalena, in a panic, let out a tiny squeak. As she did so, the serpentine creature picked up speed, barreling down the trench towards us. There was no escape, and so we had to fight. As the serpent approached, our team readied for the inevitable combat. Ilex, dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, took to the air and spun around the creature's head, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, she lifted a large boulder from its nearby resting place and flung it down onto the creature's head. Flailing in desperation, the serpent attempted one last strike, just barely missing the coatl. It was then that Ilex took her opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating her opponent. Worn out from our fight with the serpent, we only walked for another couple of hours before choosing a rocky side passageway to rest in for the night. After making our camp and eating our meal, we logged our activities and slept.[/quote] You go Ilex! Saved our *ss's yet again. And Magdelena you supposed to be the mercenary, come on! I guess your not used to giant snakes. :D
Quote:
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

Magdalena awoke to a strange, uneasy silence. Striking a match against the side of the cavern for light, she looked over to find her teammates asleep. She huffed. Yaden was supposed to be keeping watch. Ruffling through her travel sack, she pulled out the lantern and lit it, snuffing out the match on the icy floor. Ilex groaned at the sudden light, turning over and covering her eyes.

"Yaden!" Magdalena hissed at the old coatl. He startled awake, eyes darting from side to side.

"Wai- wait, what's going on?"

Magdelena slid out of her sleeping bag, annoyed. "You feel alseep on your shift!" Her mane stood on end. "You could have gotten us killed!"

Yaden stuck his tongue out at her. "Lighten up." He spread his wing, pointing to the roll of gauze and crusted ointment. "I was injured. And, ya didn't die, did ya?"

Just as Magdalena was about to lunge at him, Ilex, now fully awake, stepped between them, stomping her foot. "Stop."

Magdalena narrowed his eyes and pointed to Yaden. "He fell asleep on his watch."

Ilex sighed and replied in Coatl. Yaden called from behind. "She said we need to stop fighting or we're gonna -"

"I got the point!" Magdalena snapped. She turned to her things, rolling them into a ball. "We should get going before something really does attack us."

Illex nodded, and the group packed their belonging, lit another lantern and headed out along the cavern.

Quote:
Amidst the piles of rock and rubble that filled this area of the trench, we noticed a dark grey vine poking out between a couple of boulders. Looking closer, it became clear that there were a number of flora-filled passages that had become blocked in a recent rockfall.

Thinking that these side passages might be the key to our success, Ilex turned to the group and asked if she ought to attempt to move the rubble and clear the passages. With a resounding nod of approval, she lifted the boulders one by one, clearing out each passageway enough for us to pass.

Faced with a web of newly-opened tunnels, we decided to take down their locations and spend a bit of time walking along the main trench before following any of the side passages.

As we progressed through the trench, collecting samples from its walls and carefully plotting out its dimensions, Magdalena stopped to investigate a peculiar set of tracks within the earth below us. Large and serpentine, snaking through the tunnel and still warm from the creature's belly, the tracks surely belonged to a formidable foe, and it appeared that it had only recently passed through this area.

Not wanting any sour encounters with a beast so large and intimidating, we decided to turn back towards the place we had started the day's journey.

It was not until we had nearly reached the start of our day's journey that we noticed that we were being followed. Taking a look behind us, we caught a glimpse of two ice-cold eyes weaving back and forth along the trench floor in our direction. We needed to find a place to hide, and quickly!

Magdalena, in a panic, let out a tiny squeak. As she did so, the serpentine creature picked up speed, barreling down the trench towards us. There was no escape, and so we had to fight.

As the serpent approached, our team readied for the inevitable combat.

Ilex, dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, took to the air and spun around the creature's head, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, she lifted a large boulder from its nearby resting place and flung it down onto the creature's head. Flailing in desperation, the serpent attempted one last strike, just barely missing the coatl. It was then that Ilex took her opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating her opponent.

Worn out from our fight with the serpent, we only walked for another couple of hours before choosing a rocky side passageway to rest in for the night. After making our camp and eating our meal, we logged our activities and slept.

You go Ilex! Saved our *ss's yet again. And Magdelena you supposed to be the mercenary, come on! I guess your not used to giant snakes. :D
Keyraven "Key"
FR + 1

cgtilJF.png

9eXyW7h.png
Prouda my kiddos for kicking the crap outta that snake. Akaviri now gets to decorate her den in white snake leather...
Prouda my kiddos for kicking the crap outta that snake. Akaviri now gets to decorate her den in white snake leather...
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
I'm not great at writing back, but the fungus cave was fascinating. I'm having a lot of fun reading the logs! :D (also a little worried we're walking down a recently dug tunnel. Who or what are we gonna find!? D:)
I'm not great at writing back, but the fungus cave was fascinating. I'm having a lot of fun reading the logs! :D (also a little worried we're walking down a recently dug tunnel. Who or what are we gonna find!? D:)
You're all gems
Uzume pulled out a worn, leather journal and began to scrawl into its yellowed pages... [quote=Day Two Log]Our journey thus far has been exhausting, but we are not without hope or excitement nor are we without caution and nervous anticipation. Our expedition led us to astoundingly deep crevasses, which sapped our strength greatly. Yesterday, we were unable to write down our findings, but today has lent itself to better record the experiences of our journey. Emmanuel was keenly observant. He and Rovan...[i](the text here is illegible)[/i]'s caution overrode my curiosity. Certainly I would have liked to investigate the plant life we have encountered. Emmanuel's insistence prevented me from continuing further. However, our party discovered recently dug tunnels, which greatly terrified me. The odor emanating from the disturbed earth was an affront to my nose. I have no doubts that Emmanuel and Rovan...[i](again, the text cannot be read)[/i] smelled it as well. I thought I heard a distinct pounding off in the distance, almost like the sound of drums. Yet, if Emmanuel did not hear it, then perhaps my senses have fooled me.[/quote]
Uzume pulled out a worn, leather journal and began to scrawl into its yellowed pages...
Day Two Log wrote:
Our journey thus far has been exhausting, but we are not without hope or excitement nor are we without caution and nervous anticipation. Our expedition led us to astoundingly deep crevasses, which sapped our strength greatly. Yesterday, we were unable to write down our findings, but today has lent itself to better record the experiences of our journey.

Emmanuel was keenly observant. He and Rovan...(the text here is illegible)'s caution overrode my curiosity. Certainly I would have liked to investigate the plant life we have encountered. Emmanuel's insistence prevented me from continuing further.

However, our party discovered recently dug tunnels, which greatly terrified me. The odor emanating from the disturbed earth was an affront to my nose. I have no doubts that Emmanuel and Rovan...(again, the text cannot be read) smelled it as well. I thought I heard a distinct pounding off in the distance, almost like the sound of drums. Yet, if Emmanuel did not hear it, then perhaps my senses have fooled me.
[columns][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/233648/23364755.png[/img] [b]Stoneflight [nextcol][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/231131/23113051.png[/img] [b]Ivytangle [nextcol][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/293680/29367990.png[/img] [b]Wysteriaclaw [/columns] [/center] [quote=Day Two] We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey. Stoneflight awoke feeling bruised and battered, but at the very least better than the day before. Unfortunately, with a bit of a limp and a distracting headache, she would be unable to help quite as well as she had been able to before. Amidst the piles of rock and rubble that filled this area of the trench, we noticed a dark grey vine poking out between a couple of boulders. Looking closer, it became clear that there were a number of flora-filled passages that had become blocked in a recent rockfall. [item=Bone Fragments] After a few minutes of tugging at the boulders, we came to the conclusion that it was unlikely we would be able to move them. Hoping that this would not come back to haunt us later, we carried on walking through the trench. As we progressed through the trench, collecting samples from its walls and carefully plotting out its dimensions, Ivytangle stopped to investigate a peculiar set of tracks within the earth below us. Large and serpentine, snaking through the tunnel and still warm from the creature's belly, the tracks surely belonged to a formidable foe. Of course, we were not the type to back down from our expedition simply because a large slithering beast had recently passed through the area. We continued on, confident that if we did encounter such a creature, we could take care of it (so to speak). An hour passed and our team, bundled up in our winter gear, noticed a particularly cold breeze coming from above. As we looked up, our eyes were met with the eyes of a snow-white serpent nearing twice the length of the longest imperial. The creature flicked its tongue and let out a slow hiss. As the serpent approached, our team readied for the inevitable combat. Ivytangle, dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, pulled a vial out of his pack and tossed it into the serpent's face. As the acid began to corrode at the creature's flesh, it flailed in desperation before melting into a sizzling pool of gold muck. [item=Gold Muck] [item=Snakeskin] Worn out from our fight with the serpent, we only walked for another couple of hours before choosing a rocky side passageway to rest in for the night. After making our camp and eating our meal, we logged our activities and slept. [/quote] tl;dr Alchemist Imp Throws a Potion and No One is Surprised, but everyone lost stamina because ??? And the first aid-skilled healer doesn't heal herself...again LOL
23364755.png
Stoneflight
23113051.png
Ivytangle
29367990.png
Wysteriaclaw
Day Two wrote:
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey. Stoneflight awoke feeling bruised and battered, but at the very least better than the day before. Unfortunately, with a bit of a limp and a distracting headache, she would be unable to help quite as well as she had been able to before.

Amidst the piles of rock and rubble that filled this area of the trench, we noticed a dark grey vine poking out between a couple of boulders. Looking closer, it became clear that there were a number of flora-filled passages that had become blocked in a recent rockfall. Bone Fragments

After a few minutes of tugging at the boulders, we came to the conclusion that it was unlikely we would be able to move them. Hoping that this would not come back to haunt us later, we carried on walking through the trench.

As we progressed through the trench, collecting samples from its walls and carefully plotting out its dimensions, Ivytangle stopped to investigate a peculiar set of tracks within the earth below us. Large and serpentine, snaking through the tunnel and still warm from the creature's belly, the tracks surely belonged to a formidable foe.

Of course, we were not the type to back down from our expedition simply because a large slithering beast had recently passed through the area. We continued on, confident that if we did encounter such a creature, we could take care of it (so to speak).

An hour passed and our team, bundled up in our winter gear, noticed a particularly cold breeze coming from above. As we looked up, our eyes were met with the eyes of a snow-white serpent nearing twice the length of the longest imperial. The creature flicked its tongue and let out a slow hiss.

As the serpent approached, our team readied for the inevitable combat.

Ivytangle, dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, pulled a vial out of his pack and tossed it into the serpent's face. As the acid began to corrode at the creature's flesh, it flailed in desperation before melting into a sizzling pool of gold muck. Gold Muck Snakeskin

Worn out from our fight with the serpent, we only walked for another couple of hours before choosing a rocky side passageway to rest in for the night. After making our camp and eating our meal, we logged our activities and slept.

tl;dr Alchemist Imp Throws a Potion and No One is Surprised, but everyone lost stamina because ???
And the first aid-skilled healer doesn't heal herself...again LOL
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
[columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/Bd8DCe0.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color]Wait a sec! > [color=transparent]..........[/color]There's tracks here... something [i]huge[/i]. >[/columns] The two skydancers paused, Acionna turning back to eye Varune with a nasty look (she was rudely woken up by the hyperactive nocturne, after all) and craning her neck to see if there was anything behind him. Flora paid more attention to her teammate, exhaling and letting snowflakes form around her. [color=transparent]..........[/color] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/66isSoY.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color]We should [b]fight[/b] it! Yay! >[/columns] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/f2Vk0ed.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color][b]Fool[/b]! You can't say such things! > [color=transparent]..........[/color]We go back for now. Even if it means we retrace our steps. >[/columns] ... And so they went, with Varune dejected, Acionna sleepy, and Flora confident in her navigational abilities. It wasn't long before the ice representative stiffened, and the rest of the party bumped behind her. She motions with a long limb, and the other skydancer's antennae flick with interest. Soon enough, they hear the telltale motion of a rattlesnake and the dragging of its body against the corridor of ice. [color=transparent]..........[/color] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/HV5vWq2.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color]Stand still and stay silent. > [color=transparent]..........[/color]No matter what you do, don't... >[/columns] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/3tkid2b.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color][size=5][b]PANIC[/b]![/size] Panic now!!! >[/columns] As Varune attempted to take off -- and land back down, forgetting they were in a [i]cave[/i] to begin with, Flora attempted to throw up a wall of ice, deterring the animal. It hissed behind them, white eyes flashing in rage, and she attempted to look around before Acionna awoke with a start (she had been sleepwalking, predictably) and blinked furiously. [color=transparent]..........[/color] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/zHlIrTJ.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color]A premonition would be a good time, Acionna! >[/columns] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/3ZGxGBt.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color]... There! That crack in the wall! >[/columns] They had all piled into the side passage with some difficulty just as the snake had broken down the flimsy wall, attempting to jam its large fangs into the small opening. Varune had screeched like a girl and motivated the rest of the team to go further down the rabbit hole on the account that goop started trailing from his frantic movements. They had managed to escape the animal for now, and collapsed on the other side, exhausted. [color=transparent]..........[/color] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/WoxQB7q.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color][i]Yawn...[/i] I'm going back to sleep. >[/columns] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/zHlIrTJ.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color]Are you kidding me? >[/columns] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/WoxQB7q.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color][i]ZZZ...[/i] >[/columns] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/p1yj065.png[/img] [nextcol][font=courier new] [color=transparent]..........[/color]Wow. Completely and [i]totally[/i] unexpected, huh, Flora? >[/columns] She merely grumbles as an answer, and starts setting up the bivouac.
Bd8DCe0.png ..........Wait a sec! >
..........There's tracks here... something huge. >

The two skydancers paused, Acionna turning back to eye Varune with a nasty look (she was rudely woken up by the hyperactive nocturne, after all) and craning her neck to see if there was anything behind him. Flora paid more attention to her teammate, exhaling and letting snowflakes form around her.

66isSoY.png ..........We should fight it! Yay! >
f2Vk0ed.png ..........Fool! You can't say such things! >
..........We go back for now. Even if it means we retrace our steps. >

... And so they went, with Varune dejected, Acionna sleepy, and Flora confident in her navigational abilities. It wasn't long before the ice representative stiffened, and the rest of the party bumped behind her. She motions with a long limb, and the other skydancer's antennae flick with interest. Soon enough, they hear the telltale motion of a rattlesnake and the dragging of its body against the corridor of ice.

HV5vWq2.png ..........Stand still and stay silent. >
..........No matter what you do, don't... >
3tkid2b.png ..........PANIC! Panic now!!! >

As Varune attempted to take off -- and land back down, forgetting they were in a cave to begin with, Flora attempted to throw up a wall of ice, deterring the animal. It hissed behind them, white eyes flashing in rage, and she attempted to look around before Acionna awoke with a start (she had been sleepwalking, predictably) and blinked furiously.

zHlIrTJ.png ..........A premonition would be a good time, Acionna! >
3ZGxGBt.png ............. There! That crack in the wall! >

They had all piled into the side passage with some difficulty just as the snake had broken down the flimsy wall, attempting to jam its large fangs into the small opening. Varune had screeched like a girl and motivated the rest of the team to go further down the rabbit hole on the account that goop started trailing from his frantic movements. They had managed to escape the animal for now, and collapsed on the other side, exhausted.

WoxQB7q.png ..........Yawn... I'm going back to sleep. >
zHlIrTJ.png ..........Are you kidding me? >
WoxQB7q.png ..........ZZZ... >
p1yj065.png ..........Wow. Completely and totally unexpected, huh, Flora? >

She merely grumbles as an answer, and starts setting up the bivouac.
DYc14Nm.png ....
STARPHASE
fr+03 - crow - she/he/they

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
... you're one scary guy.
so this is your true nature.
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 103 104