Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 104
Day 1 - Descent

After what felt like hours of running, plunging through an ever-confusing maze of branching tunnels, they lost the nochnyr. Once the clattering sounds of their pursuers faded behind them, the three gratefully slowed to a trot.

Rosehip was not proud to admit that he was wheezing, a little. He covered up his exhaustion as best he could, turning his focus to examining their surroundings. As a shadowborn, the darkness was easy for him to navigate; but, luckily for his companions, who were not, there was fungus dotting the craggy stone walls; quite a fair number of them glowed like a Shadowshroom would. Some did not, however, and upon passing into a section of tunnel that was completely deviod of light, Rosehip discovered that Hotline glowed. The fuchsia lines and patches upon his body were bioluminescent in their entirety, and capable of casting ample light on their surroundings. In hindsight, it made perfect sense; Hotline belonged to the breed of guardians who dwelled far, far below the waves, those who lurked within the depths of the Leviathan’s Trench. Still, it was quite shocking to go from a dark space to that which was faintly lit; when he had glanced up to find the source of the light, Hotline’s glowing throat had nearly blinded his eyes, adjusted to the dim conditions as they were. Rosehip spent the better part of a few minutes blinking roseate spots out of his vision as a result.

Besides the fauna, as they journeyed, Rosehip did spot flashes of what could have been lizards, or other sundry creatures; everything shied from the party as they passed by. At one point, they came across a cavern that played host to a flock of bats. Hotline had gleefully snapped them up, and Rosehip cringed at the sound of their squeals as the guardian devoured them. Wisely, the cloud of bats swirled upwards and away, pouring into a narrow crack in the ceiling where the dragons could not follow.

“Honestly! I thought you would be gorged on nochnyr, the way you chomped that lot up,” Rosehip huffed, glaring up at the dark shape above him.

Hotline tilted his head down to regard the tundra. The guardian scowled, his red eyes (also faintly luminous) looking daggers at Rosehip.

“I spat their bones out; nochnyr are sickly, and not food, stupid.” Hotline retorted with a snort, and Rosehip gagged as his fur was ruffled by luke-warm air. Indignant, he stuck up his nose and tail.

“Well!” He exclaimed, glaring right back at Hotline. “Are you not a diseased plague-thing yourself? I’ve never seen one of the brood mother’s shrink away from a few germs.“

Hotline stopped dead in his tracks. He swung his head all the way down, getting on eye level with Rosehip. Intimidated, but determined not to show it, Rosehip stood his ground, locking sights with the guardian.

“I could snap you in half, you preening, puny little son of a-“ Hotline began in a growl.

“Icewarden, give me patience.”

Both Hotline and Rosehip jerked around in surprise. Staring them both down, with more steel in his eyes than Rosehip had ever seen, was Lush. He stalked forward, tail tip twitching.

“That is enough,” Lush snapped, and Hotline closed his hanging jaws. “You will wake the dead if you keep this up. I know nothing of there being any sort of cave along this route, let alone a whole system, and that is beginning to strike me as signalling that that may be for a reason. We need to stay alert, and tread carefully, and I will thank you two to cooperate!”

Piece said, the cerulean tundra whirled around, and continued off down the cave, tail flicking. Suitably chastised, Hotline and Rosehip eyed each other for a second or two more, and then continued after Lush.

They walked, and walked, and walked. It was dreadfully dull; there seemed nothing more interesting in the tunnels than bats and lizards and moss. It was getting colder, too; though no biting wind blew, as it did above-ground, the lack of sun brought a chill that was beginning to settle into Rosehip’s bones. It was unpleasant and uncomfortable, and the tundra near about wished that they were still trekking through the mountain pass. The only points of interest he found were the few brief moments he managed to antagonise Hotline; the typical exchange went thusly.

First, they would come across a branch in the way ahead. Rosehip would opine that they go left, and Hotline that they go the opposite way. Inevitably the disagreement would escalate, Rosehip would get a few choice insults in, and Lush would stop them both with a stare that was as commanding as any sharp words might have been.
Then his boyfriend would pick whichever passage he preferred, and off they would all go again. Not incredibly exciting, but better than eyeballing mushrooms all day.

They were in a wide passage when Rosehip noticed that Lush was acting in what could only be described as a, well, strange manner. He was… mincing along, placing his feet gingerly upon the ground, as if the rocks below his feet were sharp or rough. Rosehip picked up his pace, intending to reach his boyfriend’s side to ask what was wrong. Halfway towards the blue tundra, however, Rosehip tripped, hitting his paw upon a loose stone.

“Blasted thing,” Rosehip muttered at the offending rock, kicking it away. It skittered down the tunnel until it disappeared from his view with a 'plink!'. Rosehip looked back up, intending to continue his journey towards Lush.

But Lush was standing, silent and very, very still, a few paces before him. The fur along his spine was raised, and, as Rosehip opened his mouth to ask what was wrong, Lush raised his wings and unfurled them.

This wing gesture was universally regarded by all dragons as a bad sign, namely because it meant halt. Go no further, it said, for here be danger. Stretching his wings to almost their full size, Lush was warning them of something up ahead, and calling a halt because of it.

“Why are we stopping,” Hotline grumbled, stomping over to the tundra. Lush turned, keeping his wings raised in an effort to block the guardian’s progress.

“The ground is unstable,” Lush replied, ear c.ocked as he listened to something, “I think we should turn around, pick a different path. I don’t want it to give out beneath us.”

Hotline rolled his eyes. “Cowards go backwards,” he replied, predictable as always, and Rosehip bristled.

“Listen here, you great hulking lump, Lush is no coward,” he retorted, and took a step towards the guardian. The nerve! To insult him was one thing, but Rosehip would never suffer an insult towards Lush.

As he took a step, however, he felt the ground below him shiver. Rosehip's brows shot up in alarm, and he glanced around him in fright. Both Hotline and Lush stared at him, and then, without another sound, the three turned tail and ran.

It turned out that the tunnel’s floor had indeed been unstable, when the party came to great trench just down from their previous position. The hole in the rock face was all the confirmation they needed; Lush had been right. Rosehip barely managed to keep his smugness to himself.

“Looks deep,” Hotline rumbled. He stood on the precipice of the trench, peering down into the abyss.
Rosehip rolled his eyes. What, really? The drop didn’t seem far at all. If the dark-scaled guardian wasn’t so big, Rosehip would have been tempted to ‘playfully’ bump him. Unfortunately, Hotline was simply too big to be even be phased. He’d just chuck Rosehip off the edge, and, well, it was such a long way down. The tundra didn’t fancy climbing all the way back up.

Climbing. He could scale the sides of the trench!

“Lush, I can climb down there,” Rosehip declared, striding forwards. Sure, it looked deep, and maybe he couldn’t actually catch a glimpse of the bottom, but, well. There seemed to be plenty of footholds, and there were pillars of ice he could jump onto down near the bottom of his vision. Didn’t seem that bad…

Lush swung his head up, faintly perturbed, and stared at his boyfriend. “Are you sure?” He questioned, switching his gaze from Rosehip, to the trench, to back at Rosehip. “It looks… deep.”

Rosehip grinned, showing altogether too many teeth in an attempt to cover his own uncertainty.

“Oh, don’t you worry about lil ol’ me, dear. I will be absolutely, positively fine. I’ve, ah, scaled worse in my day. Did I ever tell you about that mansion in the Everbloom?” Rosehip replied conversationally, chattering away in a manner that he hoped was reassuring, “They were locked down behind walls the size of three imperials stacked upon one another! Not to mention, they were covered head-to-toe in these nasty briars. Those had thorns as thick as your leg, and each oozed a paralysing venom.” As he talked, Rosehip swung himself over the edge. The chestnut tundra took a breath as he finished his last sentence, glancing down apprehensively. Oh, but it was a long way down.

He exhaled, let go of the trench’s edge, and began his descent.

It was hard going, at first. He hadn’t done anything this athletic in quite some time, and it took him a few terrifying near-misses before he got into the swing of things. Soon enough, however, he was descending with practiced ease, using his tail and wings as feelers for new footholds. He navigated patches of iced rock, and slippery moss, going slow and careful so as not to lose his precarious hold on the trench wall.

He reached the first of the ice pillars in a few minutes, and hung there for a second, considering his options. He could continue climbing, but the pillars seemed like the easiest way down. If he could get himself onto one, he should have perfect vision of the rest of chasm, and he might be able to guide the others down without having them do any climbing themselves. Yes, that seemed easiest. He didn't fancy trying to get Hotline to scale a rock face any day of the week (especially not if he stood at the bottom!).

Mind made up, he prepared himself to leap across. Closing his eyes, Rosehip breathed deep, attempting to calm his thudding heart.

Then he leapt from the rock face, powerful legs propelling himself into space. For a heart-stopping beat he hung there, too far from the wall to reach out and touch it, unable to see the pillar he’d aimed for. Rosehip twisted mid-air, thanking the Eleven for his supple spine, and snapped his wings open. His target was hurtling towards him, but he was going to smash into the ice if he continued his trajectory. With a mighty beat of his wings, Rosehip heaved himself up, snagging his fore-claws onto the lip of the pillar. His body hit the ice with an ‘oof!’, and the breath was knocked out of him, but he kept his grip. And so, grunting with effort, he pulled himself onto the top of the pillar.

“Rosehip!” Lush called from above him, worry etched into every syllable of his name. Rosehip raised his head, squinting up at the edge of the trench, attempting to spot the tiny dot of his partner.

“I’m okay!” He bellowed back, hoping his voice would carry that far. That done, he scanned his surroundings. Yes! He could finally see the bottom of the trench. And there, there, and there! Several pillars, wide enough to provide platforms onto which the three could glide and make their descent.

“There’s pillars you can fly onto down here! Lush, if you two take a running jump, you should be able to make it just by gliding,” Rosehip called, gesturing as best he could with his wings to a second pillar, nearby. He didn’t hear either Hotline or Lush respond, but he did see the guardian dip his head – or he guessed Hotline did, as the glowing throat patch had disappeared – as if to talk to the tundra who would be standing beside him.

Heart in his throat, Rosehip watched a bright blue speck leap into trench above him.

Lush dived down, peach wings held tightly closed. Anxiously, Rosehip willed his boyfriend to open them, and start his glide. If they unfurled too late, Lush could smack into a pillar or one of the walls, or, Eleven forbid, the ground.

But Lush’s wings flared out, and, without flapping them once, he made it safely onto the pillar. Lush waved his tail once, motioning to Rosehip that he would continue his descent, who nodded back with relief. With a sigh, he turned his gaze back upwards as a lurid pink shape hurled itself into the abyss.

After Hotline had thudded his way down every pillar (Rosehip had honestly thought a few might have splintered a little under his weight), the tundra cracked open his own wings, and glided his way down to the trench floor. Not a second later than he had touched down and landed, a furry shape collided with him.

Lush buried his muzzle into Rosehip’s mane, wings half raised as if to embrace his lover. Through a mouthful of fur, the blue tundra murmured. “Gods, I was so… don’t scare me like that ever again.”

Rosehip shoved his nose into his lover’s mane, closing his eyes and drinking in the tundra’s familiar scent; the sharp note of salt against water and sand. There was moisture welling in his eyelids as he responded.

“I won’t, I promise.”

tl;dr: Lush manages to hold the party together, saves them all from death, and Rosehip puts his ill-gotten thief skills to good use. Hotline does nothing; gg buddy, very useful you are. Honestly, I'm very chuffed with how this day played out; all of them behaved exactly as I imagined they would.

But yes, three cheers for Lush, the poor sod who has to lead this band of merry idiots and keep them all alive. Doin' good so far, bud!

[Previous] [Next]
Day 1 - Descent

After what felt like hours of running, plunging through an ever-confusing maze of branching tunnels, they lost the nochnyr. Once the clattering sounds of their pursuers faded behind them, the three gratefully slowed to a trot.

Rosehip was not proud to admit that he was wheezing, a little. He covered up his exhaustion as best he could, turning his focus to examining their surroundings. As a shadowborn, the darkness was easy for him to navigate; but, luckily for his companions, who were not, there was fungus dotting the craggy stone walls; quite a fair number of them glowed like a Shadowshroom would. Some did not, however, and upon passing into a section of tunnel that was completely deviod of light, Rosehip discovered that Hotline glowed. The fuchsia lines and patches upon his body were bioluminescent in their entirety, and capable of casting ample light on their surroundings. In hindsight, it made perfect sense; Hotline belonged to the breed of guardians who dwelled far, far below the waves, those who lurked within the depths of the Leviathan’s Trench. Still, it was quite shocking to go from a dark space to that which was faintly lit; when he had glanced up to find the source of the light, Hotline’s glowing throat had nearly blinded his eyes, adjusted to the dim conditions as they were. Rosehip spent the better part of a few minutes blinking roseate spots out of his vision as a result.

Besides the fauna, as they journeyed, Rosehip did spot flashes of what could have been lizards, or other sundry creatures; everything shied from the party as they passed by. At one point, they came across a cavern that played host to a flock of bats. Hotline had gleefully snapped them up, and Rosehip cringed at the sound of their squeals as the guardian devoured them. Wisely, the cloud of bats swirled upwards and away, pouring into a narrow crack in the ceiling where the dragons could not follow.

“Honestly! I thought you would be gorged on nochnyr, the way you chomped that lot up,” Rosehip huffed, glaring up at the dark shape above him.

Hotline tilted his head down to regard the tundra. The guardian scowled, his red eyes (also faintly luminous) looking daggers at Rosehip.

“I spat their bones out; nochnyr are sickly, and not food, stupid.” Hotline retorted with a snort, and Rosehip gagged as his fur was ruffled by luke-warm air. Indignant, he stuck up his nose and tail.

“Well!” He exclaimed, glaring right back at Hotline. “Are you not a diseased plague-thing yourself? I’ve never seen one of the brood mother’s shrink away from a few germs.“

Hotline stopped dead in his tracks. He swung his head all the way down, getting on eye level with Rosehip. Intimidated, but determined not to show it, Rosehip stood his ground, locking sights with the guardian.

“I could snap you in half, you preening, puny little son of a-“ Hotline began in a growl.

“Icewarden, give me patience.”

Both Hotline and Rosehip jerked around in surprise. Staring them both down, with more steel in his eyes than Rosehip had ever seen, was Lush. He stalked forward, tail tip twitching.

“That is enough,” Lush snapped, and Hotline closed his hanging jaws. “You will wake the dead if you keep this up. I know nothing of there being any sort of cave along this route, let alone a whole system, and that is beginning to strike me as signalling that that may be for a reason. We need to stay alert, and tread carefully, and I will thank you two to cooperate!”

Piece said, the cerulean tundra whirled around, and continued off down the cave, tail flicking. Suitably chastised, Hotline and Rosehip eyed each other for a second or two more, and then continued after Lush.

They walked, and walked, and walked. It was dreadfully dull; there seemed nothing more interesting in the tunnels than bats and lizards and moss. It was getting colder, too; though no biting wind blew, as it did above-ground, the lack of sun brought a chill that was beginning to settle into Rosehip’s bones. It was unpleasant and uncomfortable, and the tundra near about wished that they were still trekking through the mountain pass. The only points of interest he found were the few brief moments he managed to antagonise Hotline; the typical exchange went thusly.

First, they would come across a branch in the way ahead. Rosehip would opine that they go left, and Hotline that they go the opposite way. Inevitably the disagreement would escalate, Rosehip would get a few choice insults in, and Lush would stop them both with a stare that was as commanding as any sharp words might have been.
Then his boyfriend would pick whichever passage he preferred, and off they would all go again. Not incredibly exciting, but better than eyeballing mushrooms all day.

They were in a wide passage when Rosehip noticed that Lush was acting in what could only be described as a, well, strange manner. He was… mincing along, placing his feet gingerly upon the ground, as if the rocks below his feet were sharp or rough. Rosehip picked up his pace, intending to reach his boyfriend’s side to ask what was wrong. Halfway towards the blue tundra, however, Rosehip tripped, hitting his paw upon a loose stone.

“Blasted thing,” Rosehip muttered at the offending rock, kicking it away. It skittered down the tunnel until it disappeared from his view with a 'plink!'. Rosehip looked back up, intending to continue his journey towards Lush.

But Lush was standing, silent and very, very still, a few paces before him. The fur along his spine was raised, and, as Rosehip opened his mouth to ask what was wrong, Lush raised his wings and unfurled them.

This wing gesture was universally regarded by all dragons as a bad sign, namely because it meant halt. Go no further, it said, for here be danger. Stretching his wings to almost their full size, Lush was warning them of something up ahead, and calling a halt because of it.

“Why are we stopping,” Hotline grumbled, stomping over to the tundra. Lush turned, keeping his wings raised in an effort to block the guardian’s progress.

“The ground is unstable,” Lush replied, ear c.ocked as he listened to something, “I think we should turn around, pick a different path. I don’t want it to give out beneath us.”

Hotline rolled his eyes. “Cowards go backwards,” he replied, predictable as always, and Rosehip bristled.

“Listen here, you great hulking lump, Lush is no coward,” he retorted, and took a step towards the guardian. The nerve! To insult him was one thing, but Rosehip would never suffer an insult towards Lush.

As he took a step, however, he felt the ground below him shiver. Rosehip's brows shot up in alarm, and he glanced around him in fright. Both Hotline and Lush stared at him, and then, without another sound, the three turned tail and ran.

It turned out that the tunnel’s floor had indeed been unstable, when the party came to great trench just down from their previous position. The hole in the rock face was all the confirmation they needed; Lush had been right. Rosehip barely managed to keep his smugness to himself.

“Looks deep,” Hotline rumbled. He stood on the precipice of the trench, peering down into the abyss.
Rosehip rolled his eyes. What, really? The drop didn’t seem far at all. If the dark-scaled guardian wasn’t so big, Rosehip would have been tempted to ‘playfully’ bump him. Unfortunately, Hotline was simply too big to be even be phased. He’d just chuck Rosehip off the edge, and, well, it was such a long way down. The tundra didn’t fancy climbing all the way back up.

Climbing. He could scale the sides of the trench!

“Lush, I can climb down there,” Rosehip declared, striding forwards. Sure, it looked deep, and maybe he couldn’t actually catch a glimpse of the bottom, but, well. There seemed to be plenty of footholds, and there were pillars of ice he could jump onto down near the bottom of his vision. Didn’t seem that bad…

Lush swung his head up, faintly perturbed, and stared at his boyfriend. “Are you sure?” He questioned, switching his gaze from Rosehip, to the trench, to back at Rosehip. “It looks… deep.”

Rosehip grinned, showing altogether too many teeth in an attempt to cover his own uncertainty.

“Oh, don’t you worry about lil ol’ me, dear. I will be absolutely, positively fine. I’ve, ah, scaled worse in my day. Did I ever tell you about that mansion in the Everbloom?” Rosehip replied conversationally, chattering away in a manner that he hoped was reassuring, “They were locked down behind walls the size of three imperials stacked upon one another! Not to mention, they were covered head-to-toe in these nasty briars. Those had thorns as thick as your leg, and each oozed a paralysing venom.” As he talked, Rosehip swung himself over the edge. The chestnut tundra took a breath as he finished his last sentence, glancing down apprehensively. Oh, but it was a long way down.

He exhaled, let go of the trench’s edge, and began his descent.

It was hard going, at first. He hadn’t done anything this athletic in quite some time, and it took him a few terrifying near-misses before he got into the swing of things. Soon enough, however, he was descending with practiced ease, using his tail and wings as feelers for new footholds. He navigated patches of iced rock, and slippery moss, going slow and careful so as not to lose his precarious hold on the trench wall.

He reached the first of the ice pillars in a few minutes, and hung there for a second, considering his options. He could continue climbing, but the pillars seemed like the easiest way down. If he could get himself onto one, he should have perfect vision of the rest of chasm, and he might be able to guide the others down without having them do any climbing themselves. Yes, that seemed easiest. He didn't fancy trying to get Hotline to scale a rock face any day of the week (especially not if he stood at the bottom!).

Mind made up, he prepared himself to leap across. Closing his eyes, Rosehip breathed deep, attempting to calm his thudding heart.

Then he leapt from the rock face, powerful legs propelling himself into space. For a heart-stopping beat he hung there, too far from the wall to reach out and touch it, unable to see the pillar he’d aimed for. Rosehip twisted mid-air, thanking the Eleven for his supple spine, and snapped his wings open. His target was hurtling towards him, but he was going to smash into the ice if he continued his trajectory. With a mighty beat of his wings, Rosehip heaved himself up, snagging his fore-claws onto the lip of the pillar. His body hit the ice with an ‘oof!’, and the breath was knocked out of him, but he kept his grip. And so, grunting with effort, he pulled himself onto the top of the pillar.

“Rosehip!” Lush called from above him, worry etched into every syllable of his name. Rosehip raised his head, squinting up at the edge of the trench, attempting to spot the tiny dot of his partner.

“I’m okay!” He bellowed back, hoping his voice would carry that far. That done, he scanned his surroundings. Yes! He could finally see the bottom of the trench. And there, there, and there! Several pillars, wide enough to provide platforms onto which the three could glide and make their descent.

“There’s pillars you can fly onto down here! Lush, if you two take a running jump, you should be able to make it just by gliding,” Rosehip called, gesturing as best he could with his wings to a second pillar, nearby. He didn’t hear either Hotline or Lush respond, but he did see the guardian dip his head – or he guessed Hotline did, as the glowing throat patch had disappeared – as if to talk to the tundra who would be standing beside him.

Heart in his throat, Rosehip watched a bright blue speck leap into trench above him.

Lush dived down, peach wings held tightly closed. Anxiously, Rosehip willed his boyfriend to open them, and start his glide. If they unfurled too late, Lush could smack into a pillar or one of the walls, or, Eleven forbid, the ground.

But Lush’s wings flared out, and, without flapping them once, he made it safely onto the pillar. Lush waved his tail once, motioning to Rosehip that he would continue his descent, who nodded back with relief. With a sigh, he turned his gaze back upwards as a lurid pink shape hurled itself into the abyss.

After Hotline had thudded his way down every pillar (Rosehip had honestly thought a few might have splintered a little under his weight), the tundra cracked open his own wings, and glided his way down to the trench floor. Not a second later than he had touched down and landed, a furry shape collided with him.

Lush buried his muzzle into Rosehip’s mane, wings half raised as if to embrace his lover. Through a mouthful of fur, the blue tundra murmured. “Gods, I was so… don’t scare me like that ever again.”

Rosehip shoved his nose into his lover’s mane, closing his eyes and drinking in the tundra’s familiar scent; the sharp note of salt against water and sand. There was moisture welling in his eyelids as he responded.

“I won’t, I promise.”

tl;dr: Lush manages to hold the party together, saves them all from death, and Rosehip puts his ill-gotten thief skills to good use. Hotline does nothing; gg buddy, very useful you are. Honestly, I'm very chuffed with how this day played out; all of them behaved exactly as I imagined they would.

But yes, three cheers for Lush, the poor sod who has to lead this band of merry idiots and keep them all alive. Doin' good so far, bud!

[Previous] [Next]
[center]| [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/62#post_25239624][color=cornflowerblue]Day One link[/color][/url] | [b]Team:[/b] The Reluctant Spelunkers[/center] [columns][color=transparent]space spaces space spaces[/color] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28062668][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/280627/28062668.png[/img][/url] [i]Madness[/i] ~~ Cautious Cooperative Fight Seemed a good idea Combat Beasts Strength Heads[/center] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28785301][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/287854/28785301.png[/img][/url] [i]Whisper[/i] ~~ Cautious Cooperative Flight Seemed a good idea Awareness Stealth Botany Tails[/center] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28109071][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/281091/28109071.png[/img][/url] [i]Hemlock[/i] ~~ Curious Independent Fight Knowledge Chemistry Alchemy Flying Ace Heads[/center][/columns] [b]Day 2 Recap:[/b] Thanks to Whisper's vigilance and knowledge of botany, he very intelligently realizes the strange plants growing everywhere are bad, and warns the group about them. "They" opt to ignore the warning and continue on, because [i]they're only plants, right?[/i] (Probably Hemlock's fault again, the stupid independent little explorer.) The plants start making them woozy. Madness, ironically, has enough sense to realize what's happening and makes some makeshift masks that allow them to breathe more clearly, thereby saving them. Hemlock, curiosity spurring him on, decides they've clearly come too far to just turn around, so the other two are forced to follow him further down the obviously dangerous plant-infested path. Miraculously, they survive. They make camp in a mercifully plant-free cavern with breathable air. [b]Full log:[/b] [quote name="Day 2: Unusual Botany"]We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey. We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places. In fact, it was too uncanny. Whisper, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Whisper turned to the group with an unexpected discovery: 'These plants... they seem to be feeding off of this strange and unidentifiable powder. Look, it's all over the walls, and even in the air. And do you see how twisted and misshapen they've grown? This can't possibly be good for our lungs.' As nervous as these plants might have made us, they were only plants and no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on. As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg..... Noticing that something was clearly wrong, Madness stopped, pulling a few spare scraps of fabric out of his pack. After wrapping one of the cloths around him face, it became quite clear that something in the air was affecting our judgment. As we all made makeshift masks and regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a mistake. Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on! By some miracle, our determination was met with success. We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.[/quote]
| Day One link |

Team: The Reluctant Spelunkers

space spaces space spaces
28062668.png
Madness
~~
Cautious
Cooperative
Fight
Seemed a good idea

Combat
Beasts
Strength

Heads
28785301.png
Whisper
~~
Cautious
Cooperative
Flight
Seemed a good idea

Awareness
Stealth
Botany

Tails
28109071.png
Hemlock
~~
Curious
Independent
Fight
Knowledge

Chemistry
Alchemy
Flying Ace

Heads

Day 2 Recap:

Thanks to Whisper's vigilance and knowledge of botany, he very intelligently realizes the strange plants growing everywhere are bad, and warns the group about them.

"They" opt to ignore the warning and continue on, because they're only plants, right? (Probably Hemlock's fault again, the stupid independent little explorer.)

The plants start making them woozy.

Madness, ironically, has enough sense to realize what's happening and makes some makeshift masks that allow them to breathe more clearly, thereby saving them.

Hemlock, curiosity spurring him on, decides they've clearly come too far to just turn around, so the other two are forced to follow him further down the obviously dangerous plant-infested path.

Miraculously, they survive.

They make camp in a mercifully plant-free cavern with breathable air.

Full log:

Day 2: Unusual Botany wrote:
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places.

In fact, it was too uncanny. Whisper, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Whisper turned to the group with an unexpected discovery: 'These plants... they seem to be feeding off of this strange and unidentifiable powder. Look, it's all over the walls, and even in the air. And do you see how twisted and misshapen they've grown? This can't possibly be good for our lungs.'

As nervous as these plants might have made us, they were only plants and no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on.

As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg.....

Noticing that something was clearly wrong, Madness stopped, pulling a few spare scraps of fabric out of his pack. After wrapping one of the cloths around him face, it became quite clear that something in the air was affecting our judgment. As we all made makeshift masks and regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a mistake.

Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on!

By some miracle, our determination was met with success.

We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
In fact, it was too uncanny. Pleate, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Pleate turned to the group with an unexpected discovery: 'These plants... they seem to be feeding off of this strange and unidentifiable powder. Look, it's all over the walls, and even in the air. And do you see how twisted and misshapen they've grown? This can't possibly be good for our lungs.'

As nervous as these plants might have made us, they were only plants and no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on.

...... Wow.. finally my one wise dragon says something good.... and they decide to ignore it .. im like-- "no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on." *facepalm*
In fact, it was too uncanny. Pleate, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Pleate turned to the group with an unexpected discovery: 'These plants... they seem to be feeding off of this strange and unidentifiable powder. Look, it's all over the walls, and even in the air. And do you see how twisted and misshapen they've grown? This can't possibly be good for our lungs.'

...... Wow.. finally my one wise dragon says something good.... and they decide to ignore it .. im like-- "no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on." *facepalm*
+ 9 hours FR time.
[quote="Log - Day 2 - Unusual Botany"] We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey. We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places. As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg..... Spinning colors are never a good sign, so Tigundraste paused for a moment and cast a protection spell on the group. Fortunately, this seemed to be effective. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea. Knowing that things could get bad if we were trapped with all of these toxic plants during our rest period, we decided to turn back to find a safer passage. As we went to turn around, we realized that we had become slightly disoriented in our walk and weren't sure which direction we came from. Fortunately, StormHorizon had been meticulously creating an incredibly detailed map of the caverns. With her cartography skills, we were easily able to retrace our steps back to an alternate, less-plant-filled series of caverns. Having found a good number of fascinating samples along this new path, we were quite satisfied with our progress. After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height. After following the tunnel for quite a while, we decided to split off into a smaller passage. We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept. [/quote] Day 2, Tigundraste (Healing) and StormHorizon (Cartography) continue to be useful, Independence...still hasn't really made any kind of appearance. XD Oh well, I'm sure there will come a time where his skills are the only thing that can save us! In the meantime, seems like caution is continuing to win out over curiosity. I will not be one bit surprised if basically nothing exciting happens to my team during this entire trip, and they go back home and are like, "Meh, those caverns are no big deal, I don't know what all that hype was about." As other teams are fighting for their lives and trying to avoid being buried alive and whatnot...
Log - Day 2 - Unusual Botany wrote:
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places.

As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg.....

Spinning colors are never a good sign, so Tigundraste paused for a moment and cast a protection spell on the group. Fortunately, this seemed to be effective. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea.

Knowing that things could get bad if we were trapped with all of these toxic plants during our rest period, we decided to turn back to find a safer passage.

As we went to turn around, we realized that we had become slightly disoriented in our walk and weren't sure which direction we came from.

Fortunately, StormHorizon had been meticulously creating an incredibly detailed map of the caverns. With her cartography skills, we were easily able to retrace our steps back to an alternate, less-plant-filled series of caverns.

Having found a good number of fascinating samples along this new path, we were quite satisfied with our progress. After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height.

After following the tunnel for quite a while, we decided to split off into a smaller passage.

We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

Day 2, Tigundraste (Healing) and StormHorizon (Cartography) continue to be useful, Independence...still hasn't really made any kind of appearance. XD Oh well, I'm sure there will come a time where his skills are the only thing that can save us! In the meantime, seems like caution is continuing to win out over curiosity. I will not be one bit surprised if basically nothing exciting happens to my team during this entire trip, and they go back home and are like, "Meh, those caverns are no big deal, I don't know what all that hype was about." As other teams are fighting for their lives and trying to avoid being buried alive and whatnot...
[/url]ROyFQqy.pngwNeD9eP.pnghouse_cup_by_soenkan-dbekkq5.pngwNeD9eP.pngROyFQqy.png
[b]Day 2[/b] I believe it to be a wise idea to keep a logbook of the events that transpired inside these caverns, that is why I have taken it upon myself to do it. It is a better use of my time then to just watch Sydney and Vornion rest, but perhaps I could do that as well. Right now if I didn't know better myself I would've thought there was an Emperor down here with how Sydney has manage to tangle himself into Vornion while sleeping, Sydney also appears to be gnawing on Vornion's antlers and muttering something that sounds suspiciously like "chocolate cake". Vornion does not look pleased. They awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey. We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places. These plants seem to have a strange effect on Sydney and Vornion as they grew tired, Vornion was prepared for something like this and had masked ready, it always surprises me how Vornion is prepared for absolutely everything but I suppose that is to be expected of a plague dragon, when Vornion decided that we should retrace our steps to a safer part of the cavern without dangerous plants I was happy that I've been making a map of the paths we've taken thus far, on a unrelated note I wonder what kind of life I led before I died to have use of combat skills, military strategies and cartography. After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height. As we walked down this new and peculiar cavern, Sydney came to a sudden realization and stopped, pointing in the direction we had just come from: 'Uhhh... guys? This tunnel... It appears to have been recently dug out. And whatever dug it, seems to have gone that way.' Knowing that a great and terrible secret was waiting for us in the direction of this mysterious tunnel-digger, we turned around and began to follow it. Hoping that, whatever challenges it may bring, we would be able to face them. We followed the tunnel as far as we could, but they had begun to grow tired. We were well behind the tunneling creature, and there seemed to be very little chance of us catching up, so we decided to make our camp and rest, skip a few hours and here we are with me writing a logbook. I suppose it has it advantages being dead, such as not being effected by suspicious botany and no need for sleep. I believe this is a good place to end this log as there is nothing more to write about. [right][i]-Mortuus[/i][/right] Samples collected: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/127.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/170.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/14540.png[/img]
Day 2

I believe it to be a wise idea to keep a logbook of the events that transpired inside these caverns, that is why I have taken it upon myself to do it. It is a better use of my time then to just watch Sydney and Vornion rest, but perhaps I could do that as well. Right now if I didn't know better myself I would've thought there was an Emperor down here with how Sydney has manage to tangle himself into Vornion while sleeping, Sydney also appears to be gnawing on Vornion's antlers and muttering something that sounds suspiciously like "chocolate cake". Vornion does not look pleased.

They awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

These plants seem to have a strange effect on Sydney and Vornion as they grew tired, Vornion was prepared for something like this and had masked ready, it always surprises me how Vornion is prepared for absolutely everything but I suppose that is to be expected of a plague dragon, when Vornion decided that we should retrace our steps to a safer part of the cavern without dangerous plants I was happy that I've been making a map of the paths we've taken thus far, on a unrelated note I wonder what kind of life I led before I died to have use of combat skills, military strategies and cartography.

After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height.

As we walked down this new and peculiar cavern, Sydney came to a sudden realization and stopped, pointing in the direction we had just come from:
'Uhhh... guys? This tunnel... It appears to have been recently dug out. And whatever dug it, seems to have gone that way.'

Knowing that a great and terrible secret was waiting for us in the direction of this mysterious tunnel-digger, we turned around and began to follow it. Hoping that, whatever challenges it may bring, we would be able to face them.

We followed the tunnel as far as we could, but they had begun to grow tired. We were well behind the tunneling creature, and there seemed to be very little chance of us catching up, so we decided to make our camp and rest, skip a few hours and here we are with me writing a logbook. I suppose it has it advantages being dead, such as not being effected by suspicious botany and no need for sleep.
I believe this is a good place to end this log as there is nothing more to write about.
-Mortuus

Samples collected:
127.png
170.png
14540.png
heartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gifheartless_by_toajahli.gif
[center][img]http://pokeunlock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/unfezant.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center]
unfezant.gif
tvbcGte.png
8mZCvaS.png
[quote name="@Seles" date=2017-01-27 06:13:04] [center][img]http://pokeunlock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/unfezant.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] remuslupn used a pokeball!
@Seles wrote on 2017-01-27:
unfezant.gif
tvbcGte.png
remuslupn used a pokeball!
WS4dI9K.png k9EUmvc.png remus
they/xe
fr +9
Im curious as to whether these are real pokemon or not tbh
Im curious as to whether these are real pokemon or not tbh
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
[center][img]http://imgur.com/sigiZSL.gif[/img][br][img]http://i.imgur.com/Hna9Duz.png[/img][br]Unfezant has been transferred to @remuslupn's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698966]PC.[/url] my spelling is being put to the test by these gen V pokemon
sigiZSL.gif
Hna9Duz.png
Unfezant has been transferred to @remuslupn's PC.

my spelling is being put to the test by these gen V pokemon
8mZCvaS.png
Thanks to a series of... [i]annoying[/i] circumstances, guess who gets to make two story posts in one day? Hint: It me [s]Yes, I know I don't have to do this, but I want to.[/s] [columns][color=transparent]spacecauseyoucan'tcntr[/color][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11740830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/117409/11740830.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12882579] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/128826/12882579.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6602136] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/66022/6602136.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [center][font=copperplate][color=LightSteelBlue][size=4]Khione[/color][/font] & [font=Gabriola][color=DarkOrange][size=5]Jaynum[/size][/color][/font] & [font=Century][color=crimson][size=4]Ciphers[/color][/font][/size] [font=Comic Sans MS][size=5]"Mistakes Were Made"[/size][/font] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/54#post_25214579]Day 0[/url] [b]Day 1[/b][/center] It took three days to get there. Three days of flying through peaks and valleys of ice and snow, Khione's and Jaynum's voices carrying through the air (They had resumed bickering after only half an hour, to Ciphers' lament). Why did it take so long? The guide-- some little Fae named Harold-- had [i]no idea[/i] where he was going. At one point he left the trio waiting for hours as dusk set in because he thought they passed the cave entrance. They hadn't. Still, the dragons did eventually make it to the cave. There it was, ice-snaggled in all its glory. "This totally isn't foreboding," Ciphers had whispered as Jaynum ran and peered up at some sign. "Don't?!" he cried. "What would you mean by that? Who leaves such a simple sign?!" "It means don't go in the cave, smoke for brains," Khione had muttered. "Though of course... we still are." True to Khione's words, camp had been pitched for the night and with the morning sun, the dragons descended into the cave. Initially, it was calm. Ciphers remarked on the various species of bats ("It looks like a subspecies of Ashfalls that have adapted to survive in these cold, subterranean environments!") while Jaynum napped on her head and Khione collected the specimens of beast and earth that Ciphers asked for ("It's a chunk of shale, for Icewarden's sake! Why do you want it?!" "Well, we have to get something on the trip." "Then why do I have to get it?" "Because you don't need your front paws to walk and stand... And because Jaynum's on my head and he's really warm, so it's nice and I don't want him to fall off.") Eventually the cave began to split, and Khione would blindly choose which one to travel down without regard for what anyone else may want. Exasperated, Ciphers followed her and Jaynum-- Jaynum was still asleep. On one rocky path, Ciphers stopped and prodded Khione with a wing. She thumped her tail on the ground and winced when it rumbled rather ominously. "I think the ground might end up collapsing on us if we go any further. We should probably find another way to go." Khione surprisingly agreed and the two conscious dragons set out to forge a new path. They turned to a new branch and only walked a few meters when a massive trench appeared before them. Ciphers peered into the looming pit as Khione stamped the ground beside her. "What is with these caves? I am [i]not[/i] going to waste my time finding a new way to go." The Wildclaw stretched her wings and plunged into the trench while her (much larger) Imperial accompaniment sighed and lowered herself into it, heeding the fact that a sleeping Spiral still remained clinging to her head. Picking their way to the bottom of the trench went quickly and Ciphers decided it would be for the best to set camp. It was finished just in time for Jaynum to finally wake up. "Oh! We already got this far in the cave?" "Yes, Jaynum," Ciphers yawned, envying the well-rested Spiral and Khione, who had already settled in for the time, leaving Ciphers to take first guard. "You literally slept through everything." A grimace spread on Jaynum's face. "Sorry about that. But I guess you can go to sleep now!" The Imperial lowered her head to her bedding just in time for Jaynum to whip out some contraption and start tinkering with it. The snaps and clicks echoed off the walls of the ice cave. [i]So much for sleep.[/i] Eh, this one's a bit dodgy, but oh well. Jaynum was asleep the whole time because he wasn't even mentioned in the first message and I thought it would be funny if he literally hadn't done anything. And sometimes it's really awkward writing about a dragon with the same name as your account but the character is fun to use and is only named that because she was the first dragon I wanted, back in that limbo of when I knew about the game but couldn't register and decided to make her after whatever I named my account. [s]Ignore me, I'm rambling and make no sense.[/s]
Thanks to a series of... annoying circumstances, guess who gets to make two story posts in one day? Hint: It me

Yes, I know I don't have to do this, but I want to.
spacecauseyoucan'tcntr
11740830.png

12882579.png

6602136.png
Khione & Jaynum & Ciphers
"Mistakes Were Made"
Day 0

Day 1

It took three days to get there. Three days of flying through peaks and valleys of ice and snow, Khione's and Jaynum's voices carrying through the air (They had resumed bickering after only half an hour, to Ciphers' lament). Why did it take so long? The guide-- some little Fae named Harold-- had no idea where he was going. At one point he left the trio waiting for hours as dusk set in because he thought they passed the cave entrance.

They hadn't.

Still, the dragons did eventually make it to the cave. There it was, ice-snaggled in all its glory. "This totally isn't foreboding," Ciphers had whispered as Jaynum ran and peered up at some sign.

"Don't?!" he cried. "What would you mean by that? Who leaves such a simple sign?!"

"It means don't go in the cave, smoke for brains," Khione had muttered. "Though of course... we still are."

True to Khione's words, camp had been pitched for the night and with the morning sun, the dragons descended into the cave. Initially, it was calm. Ciphers remarked on the various species of bats ("It looks like a subspecies of Ashfalls that have adapted to survive in these cold, subterranean environments!") while Jaynum napped on her head and Khione collected the specimens of beast and earth that Ciphers asked for ("It's a chunk of shale, for Icewarden's sake! Why do you want it?!"

"Well, we have to get something on the trip."

"Then why do I have to get it?"

"Because you don't need your front paws to walk and stand... And because Jaynum's on my head and he's really warm, so it's nice and I don't want him to fall off.")

Eventually the cave began to split, and Khione would blindly choose which one to travel down without regard for what anyone else may want. Exasperated, Ciphers followed her and Jaynum-- Jaynum was still asleep. On one rocky path, Ciphers stopped and prodded Khione with a wing. She thumped her tail on the ground and winced when it rumbled rather ominously.

"I think the ground might end up collapsing on us if we go any further. We should probably find another way to go."

Khione surprisingly agreed and the two conscious dragons set out to forge a new path. They turned to a new branch and only walked a few meters when a massive trench appeared before them. Ciphers peered into the looming pit as Khione stamped the ground beside her.

"What is with these caves? I am not going to waste my time finding a new way to go."

The Wildclaw stretched her wings and plunged into the trench while her (much larger) Imperial accompaniment sighed and lowered herself into it, heeding the fact that a sleeping Spiral still remained clinging to her head.

Picking their way to the bottom of the trench went quickly and Ciphers decided it would be for the best to set camp. It was finished just in time for Jaynum to finally wake up.

"Oh! We already got this far in the cave?"

"Yes, Jaynum," Ciphers yawned, envying the well-rested Spiral and Khione, who had already settled in for the time, leaving Ciphers to take first guard. "You literally slept through everything."

A grimace spread on Jaynum's face. "Sorry about that. But I guess you can go to sleep now!"

The Imperial lowered her head to her bedding just in time for Jaynum to whip out some contraption and start tinkering with it. The snaps and clicks echoed off the walls of the ice cave.

So much for sleep.

Eh, this one's a bit dodgy, but oh well. Jaynum was asleep the whole time because he wasn't even mentioned in the first message and I thought it would be funny if he literally hadn't done anything.
And sometimes it's really awkward writing about a dragon with the same name as your account but the character is fun to use and is only named that because she was the first dragon I wanted, back in that limbo of when I knew about the game but couldn't register and decided to make her after whatever I named my account.

Ignore me, I'm rambling and make no sense.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 104