Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 103 104
[quote=Frost] Log 2: I suppose I forgot to write one the day before; must have been more tired from that flight than I thought. Long story short, we went into the caves, avoided some rocky terrain, flew down into a giant trench. Today, we avoided some suspicious plants that just screamed "unnatural" and currently camping in a large ice tunnel. Oh, and I somehow ended up the de facto leader of our merry band. Joy. Selnith says there might be a creature ahead, and so I guess I'll just have to wait for tomorrow for some exciting action.[/quote] [quote=Selnith] Log 1: Today we managed to discover several new plantlife I've never seen before. I've taken several samples of them and can't wait to get them back to my lab for testing. We did encounter some sort of plant fungus that was growing in abnormal conditions, and Frost recommended we turn back. I did, however, take a sample of it, for later investigation in safer conditions. Granite was a bit worried about that, but I reassured her that it was safely contained. I do know how to safely handle hazardous materials, after all. We found a different tunnel and continued down that one, rather than the fungus-covered tunnel and I suspect it might be a large tunnel dug out by some sort of ice creature, much like wood-boring insects I've seen before. We're currently camped in it for the night.[/quote] [quote=Granite] Log 2: I wonder if Selnith realizes he labelled his journal record wrong; it's only the second day and already he flubs it up. Although I suppose I forgot to write one the day before, so I'm just as bad as him. I am a bit worried at that odd fungus plant Selnith has stored in his bags, as it seemed suspicious to us all how it grew down here. However, ever the knowledge-seeker, he just [u]haaad[/u] to get a sample of it. I hope it doesn't blow up or climb out of its container and eat us all or something.[/quote]
Frost wrote:
Log 2:
I suppose I forgot to write one the day before; must have been more tired from that flight than I thought. Long story short, we went into the caves, avoided some rocky terrain, flew down into a giant trench. Today, we avoided some suspicious plants that just screamed "unnatural" and currently camping in a large ice tunnel. Oh, and I somehow ended up the de facto leader of our merry band. Joy. Selnith says there might be a creature ahead, and so I guess I'll just have to wait for tomorrow for some exciting action.
Selnith wrote:
Log 1:
Today we managed to discover several new plantlife I've never seen before. I've taken several samples of them and can't wait to get them back to my lab for testing. We did encounter some sort of plant fungus that was growing in abnormal conditions, and Frost recommended we turn back. I did, however, take a sample of it, for later investigation in safer conditions. Granite was a bit worried about that, but I reassured her that it was safely contained. I do know how to safely handle hazardous materials, after all.
We found a different tunnel and continued down that one, rather than the fungus-covered tunnel and I suspect it might be a large tunnel dug out by some sort of ice creature, much like wood-boring insects I've seen before. We're currently camped in it for the night.
Granite wrote:
Log 2:
I wonder if Selnith realizes he labelled his journal record wrong; it's only the second day and already he flubs it up. Although I suppose I forgot to write one the day before, so I'm just as bad as him. I am a bit worried at that odd fungus plant Selnith has stored in his bags, as it seemed suspicious to us all how it grew down here. However, ever the knowledge-seeker, he just haaad to get a sample of it. I hope it doesn't blow up or climb out of its container and eat us all or something.
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
Quote:
Log: Day Two
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

Amidst the piles of rock and rubble that filled this area of the trench, we noticed a dark grey vine poking out between a couple of boulders. Looking closer, it became clear that there were a number of flora-filled passages that had become blocked in a recent rockfall.

"These plants are really interesting," said Evoney. "We should take some samples." She got out her kit and did so.
Quote:
Thinking that these side passages might be the key to our success, Bilbo turned to the group and asked if he ought to attempt to move the rubble and clear the passages. With a resounding nod of approval, he lifted the boulders one by one, clearing out each passageway enough for us to pass.

Faced with a web of newly-opened tunnels, we decided to take down their locations and spend a bit of time walking along the main trench before following any of the side passages.

"Right, I'll get these passages cleared," said Bilbo. "At least I'm good for something," he joked.

"You're good for a lot of things, brother dear," said Evoney.

When they were cleared, the trio looked down each one, trying to decide on mere instinct which one to take.
Quote:
An hour passed and our team, bundled up in our winter gear, noticed a particularly cold breeze coming from above. As we looked up, our eyes were met with the eyes of a snow-white serpent nearing twice the length of the longest imperial. The creatured flicked its tongue and let out a slow hiss.

As the serpent approached, our team readied for the inevitable combat.

Bilbo, dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, took to the air and spun around the creature's head, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, he dove down, digging his teeth and claws into the creature's head. Flailing in desperation, the serpent attempted one last strike, just barely missing the snapper. It was then that Bilbo took her opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating his opponent.

"Bilbo, that was AMAZING!" Merlin squealed.

"Thanks," said Bilbo. "I'm starving! Is anyone else hungry?"
Quote:
Worn out from our fight with the serpent, we only walked for another couple of hours before choosing a rocky side passageway to rest in for the night. After making our camp and eating our meal, we logged our activities and slept.
Quote:
Log: Day Two
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

Amidst the piles of rock and rubble that filled this area of the trench, we noticed a dark grey vine poking out between a couple of boulders. Looking closer, it became clear that there were a number of flora-filled passages that had become blocked in a recent rockfall.

"These plants are really interesting," said Evoney. "We should take some samples." She got out her kit and did so.
Quote:
Thinking that these side passages might be the key to our success, Bilbo turned to the group and asked if he ought to attempt to move the rubble and clear the passages. With a resounding nod of approval, he lifted the boulders one by one, clearing out each passageway enough for us to pass.

Faced with a web of newly-opened tunnels, we decided to take down their locations and spend a bit of time walking along the main trench before following any of the side passages.

"Right, I'll get these passages cleared," said Bilbo. "At least I'm good for something," he joked.

"You're good for a lot of things, brother dear," said Evoney.

When they were cleared, the trio looked down each one, trying to decide on mere instinct which one to take.
Quote:
An hour passed and our team, bundled up in our winter gear, noticed a particularly cold breeze coming from above. As we looked up, our eyes were met with the eyes of a snow-white serpent nearing twice the length of the longest imperial. The creatured flicked its tongue and let out a slow hiss.

As the serpent approached, our team readied for the inevitable combat.

Bilbo, dodging the strikes of the terrible snake, took to the air and spun around the creature's head, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, he dove down, digging his teeth and claws into the creature's head. Flailing in desperation, the serpent attempted one last strike, just barely missing the snapper. It was then that Bilbo took her opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating his opponent.

"Bilbo, that was AMAZING!" Merlin squealed.

"Thanks," said Bilbo. "I'm starving! Is anyone else hungry?"
Quote:
Worn out from our fight with the serpent, we only walked for another couple of hours before choosing a rocky side passageway to rest in for the night. After making our camp and eating our meal, we logged our activities and slept.
Day 2: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25588942] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/255890/25588942.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2913509][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/29136/2913509.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28016203][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/280163/28016203.png[/img][/url] The team had woken up, packed their few essentials, then continued on their journey. The day seemed to stretch by as they traveled for what seemed like hours. RIverspash was observing the unusual plantlife growing in the tunnels. Mobie eyed the plants cautiously, but didn't stop Riversplash from poking around at the botany. "I have a bad feeling about this pliantlife," she said. "Plants shouldn't be growing this lively, especially in cold weather." Vidar shrugged. "I'm not bothered by the cold; I came from the Ice Flight, after all. Perhaps these plants have the same resistance as I do. You [i]may[/i] be right, on the other talon; we will go back to another path." He turned around. "I... don't remember how we came over here in first place." Mobie murmured. "No worries, I have studied the tunnels in maps back at the Clan," Riversplash chimed, tapping her head. "It's all in here." Vidar led the group, using Riversplash's knowledge of the tunnels. Soon enough, they came across a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height. He stopped, and slowly turned around, realization sparking in his eyes. "Team? This tunnel... It appears to have been recently dug out. And whatever dug it, seems to have gone that way." "Strange," Riversplash mused. "What could have done so?" Mobie touched his head with a wingtip. "I wish to have knowledge of what beast this was, but I don't know." He sighed. "Maybe we should have brought Lily with us. She knows many of the Beastclans." Tired, the dragons settled in for the night. Riversplash came back with plants, which she shared with the others. That night, when the others had already drifted off to sleep, Riversplash was scribbling once again in her log.
Day 2:

25588942.png
2913509.png28016203.png

The team had woken up, packed their few essentials, then continued on their journey. The day seemed to stretch by as they traveled for what seemed like hours. RIverspash was observing the unusual plantlife growing in the tunnels. Mobie eyed the plants cautiously, but didn't stop Riversplash from poking around at the botany.

"I have a bad feeling about this pliantlife," she said. "Plants shouldn't be growing this lively, especially in cold weather."

Vidar shrugged. "I'm not bothered by the cold; I came from the Ice Flight, after all. Perhaps these plants have the same resistance as I do. You may be right, on the other talon; we will go back to another path." He turned around.

"I... don't remember how we came over here in first place." Mobie murmured.

"No worries, I have studied the tunnels in maps back at the Clan," Riversplash chimed, tapping her head. "It's all in here."

Vidar led the group, using Riversplash's knowledge of the tunnels. Soon enough, they came across a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height. He stopped, and slowly turned around, realization sparking in his eyes. "Team? This tunnel... It appears to have been recently dug out. And whatever dug it, seems to have gone that way."

"Strange," Riversplash mused. "What could have done so?"

Mobie touched his head with a wingtip. "I wish to have knowledge of what beast this was, but I don't know." He sighed. "Maybe we should have brought Lily with us. She knows many of the Beastclans."

Tired, the dragons settled in for the night. Riversplash came back with plants, which she shared with the others.

That night, when the others had already drifted off to sleep, Riversplash was scribbling once again in her log.
MyfNmKq.png
North, The Skydancer:

Here we camp again, as another span of adventuring has been completed. We had awoken from our sleep and decided to push on deeper into the cave. It was eerily quiet as we went down pathways that never seemed to end, and Emmie stomped along as if he owned the place. Is this how Tundras try to be impressive? I'll have to ask the lady once we start travelling again.

But that's not the important part of this journal. The important part is that I have to say that I'm sure everything in this cave wants us dead. The neverending passage had soon started to be lined with molds and fungi of all sorts (even some that I collected for their luminescent qualities), and we all started to become drowsy. I felt that the only way we were going to not fall asleep here was to place a protection spell on us. Emmie thought it was overkill, but as we soon saw from a skeleton that rested just before the path opened, I think I made the wise choice. Now my bag is starting to be weighed down with topaz and amethyst, while Emmie took the jaw of the skeleton and the lady set up the camp. I hope the Icewarden gives us mercy to survive this: after all, I am his child...

-North

Ariana, the Knight:

My feet grow weary from all this traveling, and I'm starting to wonder if North is genuinely gone mad. This cave seems to be filled with nothing but danger, as we learned yet again today. North led us today after our breakfast of tundra cactus and beetles, and the path was only illuminated by the lamp I had hooked to my neck like a collar. We collected a few samples here and there, but the path was mostly empty and quiet.....that was until the plants appeared. It was as if one had made a garden down in the cave and left it to rot, with the amount of mold that lined the walls and how odd it smelled. North, fearing for our safety as we all began to become weary, placed some sort of magic on us. And it was for a good cause, as I had spotted some toxic spore-producing plants at one point. We finally reached the end of the passage, I was assigned to build the camp while Emmie and North checked their growing collection. Somehow, Emmie had gotten the jawbone of some dragon, and I just hope that he didn't disturb the owner's spirit by grabbing it.

Emmie, the Adventurer:

North is a big worrywart, but I guess he isn't a complete idiot yet. He had woken us up and rushed us out to continue our adventure. We had gone down this dark path, that had been darker than any water caves I had ever been under. At least we had our lamp to shine a little bit of a glow. I had picked up a few rocks before I noticed that the path had transformed from something from an icy tundra to something that looked that straight out of the Virdian Labrynth. We admired the different varieties of plants as my eyes started to get heavy. North, worried that we would fall asleep, placed some magic on us, but I thought that we just needed a nap. Later though, Ariana explained that there had been some poisonous plants that I had not seen, and as I learned, neither did another explorer...though he wasn't as lucky as I. We saw the scrawny skeleton near the end of the passage, and I decided to take the jawbone of the skeleton, so I could take the teeth for my necklace as a souvenir, and take the other part of it to whatever place North would call the "end". At least the spirit of an adventurer should get to its destination...

-Emmie, the One and Only
North, The Skydancer:

Here we camp again, as another span of adventuring has been completed. We had awoken from our sleep and decided to push on deeper into the cave. It was eerily quiet as we went down pathways that never seemed to end, and Emmie stomped along as if he owned the place. Is this how Tundras try to be impressive? I'll have to ask the lady once we start travelling again.

But that's not the important part of this journal. The important part is that I have to say that I'm sure everything in this cave wants us dead. The neverending passage had soon started to be lined with molds and fungi of all sorts (even some that I collected for their luminescent qualities), and we all started to become drowsy. I felt that the only way we were going to not fall asleep here was to place a protection spell on us. Emmie thought it was overkill, but as we soon saw from a skeleton that rested just before the path opened, I think I made the wise choice. Now my bag is starting to be weighed down with topaz and amethyst, while Emmie took the jaw of the skeleton and the lady set up the camp. I hope the Icewarden gives us mercy to survive this: after all, I am his child...

-North

Ariana, the Knight:

My feet grow weary from all this traveling, and I'm starting to wonder if North is genuinely gone mad. This cave seems to be filled with nothing but danger, as we learned yet again today. North led us today after our breakfast of tundra cactus and beetles, and the path was only illuminated by the lamp I had hooked to my neck like a collar. We collected a few samples here and there, but the path was mostly empty and quiet.....that was until the plants appeared. It was as if one had made a garden down in the cave and left it to rot, with the amount of mold that lined the walls and how odd it smelled. North, fearing for our safety as we all began to become weary, placed some sort of magic on us. And it was for a good cause, as I had spotted some toxic spore-producing plants at one point. We finally reached the end of the passage, I was assigned to build the camp while Emmie and North checked their growing collection. Somehow, Emmie had gotten the jawbone of some dragon, and I just hope that he didn't disturb the owner's spirit by grabbing it.

Emmie, the Adventurer:

North is a big worrywart, but I guess he isn't a complete idiot yet. He had woken us up and rushed us out to continue our adventure. We had gone down this dark path, that had been darker than any water caves I had ever been under. At least we had our lamp to shine a little bit of a glow. I had picked up a few rocks before I noticed that the path had transformed from something from an icy tundra to something that looked that straight out of the Virdian Labrynth. We admired the different varieties of plants as my eyes started to get heavy. North, worried that we would fall asleep, placed some magic on us, but I thought that we just needed a nap. Later though, Ariana explained that there had been some poisonous plants that I had not seen, and as I learned, neither did another explorer...though he wasn't as lucky as I. We saw the scrawny skeleton near the end of the passage, and I decided to take the jawbone of the skeleton, so I could take the teeth for my necklace as a souvenir, and take the other part of it to whatever place North would call the "end". At least the spirit of an adventurer should get to its destination...

-Emmie, the One and Only
jrNqxiw.gif[/left)
@BlakeSMyth

Whaaat? Tell me about the snake, I got the fungus which seems to be pretty common.
@BlakeSMyth

Whaaat? Tell me about the snake, I got the fungus which seems to be pretty common.
zqpG63L.png image0.png
I am renaming my dergons to Team Stupidity, because despite every indication that something is a Bad Idea, Kitai has driven the group forward into more Bad Ideas.

After walking across the weakened floor we KNEW was unstable yesterday because we had to know what the shiny was and nearly falling to our deaths, we headed out along the tunnel we discovered. Fungus covered tunnels are clearly safe, right? Fortunately, Thomas is sensible and thought the sheer amount of fungus was bizarre for what was supposed to be an ice-covered cavern. Abbadon had bet they were feeding on bodies, but the tundra discovered the mushrooms were feeding on some sort of powder coating the tunnel and clogging the air.

So. Mysterious powder feeding abnormal amounts of fungi; bad right? We should turn around before we replace the fertilizer, right?
Wrong! That just means it's time to push forward! Kitai in her jaunty goggles is not intimidated by little pink plants and insisted they all move forward. Cue sleepy-time music and spinning colors worthy of a hatchling's mobile.

Fortunately, Thomas is also our healer, and cast a spell to keep the spores from dragging us into the cold-sleep-that-never-ends. We refused to be intimidated by plants now that we were properly protected and bulldozed our way forward. Thus, Team Wintersun made it to a large cavern mostly free of mycenic death to rest for the night. And we never did find out what that shiny was.

tl;dr: Kitai is queen of bad decisions and we owe our survival entirely to Thomas.
I am renaming my dergons to Team Stupidity, because despite every indication that something is a Bad Idea, Kitai has driven the group forward into more Bad Ideas.

After walking across the weakened floor we KNEW was unstable yesterday because we had to know what the shiny was and nearly falling to our deaths, we headed out along the tunnel we discovered. Fungus covered tunnels are clearly safe, right? Fortunately, Thomas is sensible and thought the sheer amount of fungus was bizarre for what was supposed to be an ice-covered cavern. Abbadon had bet they were feeding on bodies, but the tundra discovered the mushrooms were feeding on some sort of powder coating the tunnel and clogging the air.

So. Mysterious powder feeding abnormal amounts of fungi; bad right? We should turn around before we replace the fertilizer, right?
Wrong! That just means it's time to push forward! Kitai in her jaunty goggles is not intimidated by little pink plants and insisted they all move forward. Cue sleepy-time music and spinning colors worthy of a hatchling's mobile.

Fortunately, Thomas is also our healer, and cast a spell to keep the spores from dragging us into the cold-sleep-that-never-ends. We refused to be intimidated by plants now that we were properly protected and bulldozed our way forward. Thus, Team Wintersun made it to a large cavern mostly free of mycenic death to rest for the night. And we never did find out what that shiny was.

tl;dr: Kitai is queen of bad decisions and we owe our survival entirely to Thomas.
NXwxhXo.png
OMG, some teams got attacked by a giant snake?! And the fungus makes people fall asleep?! (I have [i]no idea[/i] how Bucky saw that one coming TBH!) I feel like my team is getting [i]really lucky[/i] for the time being. *waits for it all to go wrong* [url=http://ammoth.tumblr.com/post/110092763801][IMG]http://imgur.com/NLwNQMp.png[/IMG][/url] [b]The Lundlaevungar:[/b] [columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19649173][IMG]http://imgur.com/1HiizCv.png[/IMG][/url] [b]Skadi[/b] The Huntress[/center] [nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=382756][IMG]http://imgur.com/VWUGlcc.png[/IMG][/url] [b]Mimir[/b] The Pirate[/center] [nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14667713][IMG]http://imgur.com/bp7cKuT.png[/IMG][/url] [b]Bucky[/b] The Winter Soldier[/center][/columns] [size=5][i][color=skyblue]Scenes from Day 2[/color][/i][/size] [url=http://ammoth.tumblr.com/post/110092763801][IMG]http://imgur.com/NLwNQMp.png[/IMG][/url] [br][indent][i]Surrounded by mushrooms[/i][/indent] [br][columns][item=leechroot mushroom][br][br][br] [br][br][br][item=ancient fungus spores] [nextcol][size=4]"I have a bad feeling about this," Bucky said, peering at the fungal growths coating the cavern walls all around them. Mimir turned to glare at him. "And nothing bad ever came of someone saying [i]that[/i] out loud." Bucky ignored him and crouched to prod at the mushrooms. He leaned in close to sniff at them, trying to tell if they might be poisonous from the scent - and Mimir made a disgusted noise behind him. "This is wrong," Bucky said firmly, trying not to react to the pirate's melodrama and instead looking at Skadi. "Have you ever seen anything like this in an [i]ice cavern[/i]? This is bad - it doesn't make sense for them to be here, in the cold and the dark, not this many. We should turn back." "[i]Great[/i]," Mimir snapped, his frills waving in agitation. "Just wonderful! We walk for miles down this passageway just to turn right back around and go back on ourselves!" "Quit complaining," Bucky grumbled as he straightened up and stomped past Mimir, making sure to crush as many of the disconcerting mushrooms as he could fit under each footstep. "Start moving."[/size][/columns] [url=http://ammoth.tumblr.com/post/110092763801][IMG]http://imgur.com/NLwNQMp.png[/IMG][/url] [br][indent][i]Momentarily Lost[/i][/indent] Bucky managed three steps in the dark before he faltered. He had halted them at a sort of crossroads, with several tunnels branching off, and it was clear that he didn't know which way to go. "Well, solider-boy?" Mimir crooned after a few long, tense moments. "Which way?" Bucky turned towards him with a smile on his face, but he did admit: "I don't know." Mimir smirked. Perhaps turning around and going back would work in his favour after all - if only to give the others more reason to rely on him. He reached inside his coat and pulled out a scroll, unrolling it with a flourish. "Perhaps this will help." "You made a map?" Skadi asked, sounding impressed as she came to peer over his shoulder. Well, she ought to be impressed: it was no mean feat to be able to map out the rambling cave system, while in near-total darkness and on the move - and keep it from his companions at the same time. He gave her his best rakish grin. "I did," he said. He lifted the compass that was hung around his neck and checked it by the lamplight. "Now, I believe we should go [i]this[/i] way ..." [url=http://ammoth.tumblr.com/post/110092763801][IMG]http://imgur.com/NLwNQMp.png[/IMG][/url] [br][indent][i]Inside a massive tunnel[/i][/indent] They had been walking for several hours, collecting samples along the way, when Mimir stopped. It happened so suddenly that Skadi almost walked into him. She grabbed hold of the fae's shoulders and spun him around, afraid that something had happened to him - but his eyes were as alive as ever, though there was trepidation in there now. "Uhhh... this tunnel," he said haltingly. He pulled out of her grip and pointed at the walls they had just passed. "It appears to have been [i]dug[/i] by something. [i]Recently.[/i]" Skadi considered his words. The tunnel was enormous in comparison to those they had been in before, perhaps 100 metres in width and height, and unlike the small, twisting passages, it was leading them in an oddly straight line. The walls were rough and covered with ice. She realised with a sense of foreboding that Mimir was right. However, he wasn't finished. He added, "And that something - I think it went that way." He pointed. Skadi and Bucky turned to look, and then Bucky looked back at them. "What do you think's down there?" "Treasure?" Mimir suggested. He was probably hoping for more than the few geological samples they had managed to scrape together so far on their journey into the tunnels. Skadi wasn't so sure. She felt that they were stumbling into some great and terrible secret - something perhaps that no dragon was supposed to know. Still, Mimir had already set off and Bucky had, for once, fallen in behind him without argument, so she went after them. [br] [center]...[/center] Her only comfort was that, much later, they grew tired before they found whatever had dug the tunnel or indeed its end: there was another night's respire before they had to face whatever was waiting for them at the tunnel's end. [url=http://ammoth.tumblr.com/post/110092763801][IMG]http://imgur.com/NLwNQMp.png[/IMG][/url] [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/62#post_25239360]Day One[/url] | Day Two | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/85#post_25320593]Day Three[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/93#post_25415251]Day Four[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/99#post_25532011]Day Five[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/105#post_25691391]Day Six[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/105#post_25885232]Day Seven[/url] [/center]
OMG, some teams got attacked by a giant snake?! And the fungus makes people fall asleep?! (I have no idea how Bucky saw that one coming TBH!) I feel like my team is getting really lucky for the time being. *waits for it all to go wrong*

NLwNQMp.png

The Lundlaevungar:
1HiizCv.png
Skadi
The Huntress
VWUGlcc.png
Mimir
The Pirate
bp7cKuT.png
Bucky
The Winter Soldier

Scenes from Day 2

NLwNQMp.png

Surrounded by mushrooms

Leechroot Mushroom

Ancient Fungus Spores
"I have a bad feeling about this," Bucky said, peering at the fungal growths coating the cavern walls all around them.

Mimir turned to glare at him. "And nothing bad ever came of someone saying that out loud."

Bucky ignored him and crouched to prod at the mushrooms. He leaned in close to sniff at them, trying to tell if they might be poisonous from the scent - and Mimir made a disgusted noise behind him.

"This is wrong," Bucky said firmly, trying not to react to the pirate's melodrama and instead looking at Skadi. "Have you ever seen anything like this in an ice cavern? This is bad - it doesn't make sense for them to be here, in the cold and the dark, not this many. We should turn back."

"Great," Mimir snapped, his frills waving in agitation. "Just wonderful! We walk for miles down this passageway just to turn right back around and go back on ourselves!"

"Quit complaining," Bucky grumbled as he straightened up and stomped past Mimir, making sure to crush as many of the disconcerting mushrooms as he could fit under each footstep. "Start moving."

NLwNQMp.png

Momentarily Lost

Bucky managed three steps in the dark before he faltered. He had halted them at a sort of crossroads, with several tunnels branching off, and it was clear that he didn't know which way to go.

"Well, solider-boy?" Mimir crooned after a few long, tense moments. "Which way?"

Bucky turned towards him with a smile on his face, but he did admit: "I don't know."

Mimir smirked. Perhaps turning around and going back would work in his favour after all - if only to give the others more reason to rely on him. He reached inside his coat and pulled out a scroll, unrolling it with a flourish. "Perhaps this will help."

"You made a map?" Skadi asked, sounding impressed as she came to peer over his shoulder.

Well, she ought to be impressed: it was no mean feat to be able to map out the rambling cave system, while in near-total darkness and on the move - and keep it from his companions at the same time. He gave her his best rakish grin.

"I did," he said. He lifted the compass that was hung around his neck and checked it by the lamplight. "Now, I believe we should go this way ..."

NLwNQMp.png

Inside a massive tunnel

They had been walking for several hours, collecting samples along the way, when Mimir stopped.

It happened so suddenly that Skadi almost walked into him. She grabbed hold of the fae's shoulders and spun him around, afraid that something had happened to him - but his eyes were as alive as ever, though there was trepidation in there now.

"Uhhh... this tunnel," he said haltingly. He pulled out of her grip and pointed at the walls they had just passed. "It appears to have been dug by something. Recently."

Skadi considered his words. The tunnel was enormous in comparison to those they had been in before, perhaps 100 metres in width and height, and unlike the small, twisting passages, it was leading them in an oddly straight line. The walls were rough and covered with ice. She realised with a sense of foreboding that Mimir was right.

However, he wasn't finished. He added, "And that something - I think it went that way."

He pointed. Skadi and Bucky turned to look, and then Bucky looked back at them. "What do you think's down there?"

"Treasure?" Mimir suggested. He was probably hoping for more than the few geological samples they had managed to scrape together so far on their journey into the tunnels.

Skadi wasn't so sure. She felt that they were stumbling into some great and terrible secret - something perhaps that no dragon was supposed to know. Still, Mimir had already set off and Bucky had, for once, fallen in behind him without argument, so she went after them.

Her only comfort was that, much later, they grew tired before they found whatever had dug the tunnel or indeed its end: there was another night's respire before they had to face whatever was waiting for them at the tunnel's end.

NLwNQMp.png
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[quote=Day 2 Log] We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey. We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places. In fact, it was too uncanny. Ulthir, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Ulthir turned to the group: 'I have a bad feeling about all this plantlife.' As nervous as these plants might have made us, they were only plants and no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on. As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg..... Spinning colors are never a good sign, so Ulthir pulled a trio of masks out of his first aid kit and forced the entire party to put one on. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea. Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on! By some miracle, our determination was met with success. We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept. [/quote] Ulthir saves the day again!
Day 2 Log wrote:

We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places.

In fact, it was too uncanny. Ulthir, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Ulthir turned to the group: 'I have a bad feeling about all this plantlife.'

As nervous as these plants might have made us, they were only plants and no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on.

As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg.....

Spinning colors are never a good sign, so Ulthir pulled a trio of masks out of his first aid kit and forced the entire party to put one on. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea.

Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on!

By some miracle, our determination was met with success.

We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

Ulthir saves the day again!
6jinxGw.gifYhZESmf.pngGEiGsqG.pngylmCoHN.pngrmCl6LF.pngCcnk6GC.gif
[center][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/616.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center]
616.gif
tvbcGte.png
bQiQUFQ.png
[quote name="@Thoracosaurus" date=2017-01-26 18:05:40] [center][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/616.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] Canisa throws a pokeball!
@Thoracosaurus wrote on 2017-01-26:
616.gif
tvbcGte.png

Canisa throws a pokeball!
fw5Pc0h.png
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 103 104