Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 78 79
@Petall That was really good! I like how Pyrite, for all his chattering on about running away and forming their own clan, still takes time to remind Plagueheart about the loving family she has. I was also kind of worried it would devolve into an argument and wind up with Plagueheart and Pyrite getting chased away, so it was nice how they absconded after making peace with themselves and the clan instead.

I'm holding off on the form for now, since there are so many dragons and I'm not familiar with any of them. Looking forward to getting to know them better in a week or so, though.

And hang in there! The reunion will be there for you before you know it. :D
@Petall That was really good! I like how Pyrite, for all his chattering on about running away and forming their own clan, still takes time to remind Plagueheart about the loving family she has. I was also kind of worried it would devolve into an argument and wind up with Plagueheart and Pyrite getting chased away, so it was nice how they absconded after making peace with themselves and the clan instead.

I'm holding off on the form for now, since there are so many dragons and I'm not familiar with any of them. Looking forward to getting to know them better in a week or so, though.

And hang in there! The reunion will be there for you before you know it. :D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@CleverDual

Aaaaaaa I'm so glad you love it!!!! Plagueheart and Pyrite have swiftly become some of my favourite characters! Well, actually, come to think of it, the whole Amberlyn line is my favourite...

@Read

Hehe I see what you did there... Nice to see another Hamilton fan!

@Disillusionist

Thank you so much!!! To be honest, Amberlyn has lost too much to let any of her family go without good reason. The hardest part for me was balancing this sense of family and belonging I wanted Plagueheart to finally understand with her need for adventure and something new, because she could never be happy living a quiet and peaceful life at Windkeep Tower I think. She needs more than that.

Fair enough! I do have quite a few characters, and there will be future opportunities to vote (I plan on doing a vote for each interlude).

Thanks for your kind words! It's just two months away now, which feels like both a short time and a long time!
@CleverDual

Aaaaaaa I'm so glad you love it!!!! Plagueheart and Pyrite have swiftly become some of my favourite characters! Well, actually, come to think of it, the whole Amberlyn line is my favourite...

@Read

Hehe I see what you did there... Nice to see another Hamilton fan!

@Disillusionist

Thank you so much!!! To be honest, Amberlyn has lost too much to let any of her family go without good reason. The hardest part for me was balancing this sense of family and belonging I wanted Plagueheart to finally understand with her need for adventure and something new, because she could never be happy living a quiet and peaceful life at Windkeep Tower I think. She needs more than that.

Fair enough! I do have quite a few characters, and there will be future opportunities to vote (I plan on doing a vote for each interlude).

Thanks for your kind words! It's just two months away now, which feels like both a short time and a long time!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall What a good end to this arc! I'm so glad Plagueheart got a happy welcome back home, and to know that she still thinks of the tower as her home. And her and Pyrite running off into the night to go exploring was a perfect end to their arcs. :'D I hope they're happy!!
@Petall What a good end to this arc! I'm so glad Plagueheart got a happy welcome back home, and to know that she still thinks of the tower as her home. And her and Pyrite running off into the night to go exploring was a perfect end to their arcs. :'D I hope they're happy!!
9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png Left: Sales thread. Right: Egg a day challenge. 9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png
@Kizzan

Thanks so much!!! I really enjoyed writing it! Scenes like these ones are my favourites to write!
@Kizzan

Thanks so much!!! I really enjoyed writing it! Scenes like these ones are my favourites to write!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/10#post_32966618]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Interlude 1: Banella - The Forgotten Princess[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33201295] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=54&bodygene=13&breed=10&element=7&gender=1&tert=176&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=5&auth=0596641c8f80df0e8ff655a6ee99616c53519c93&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] "IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!" Banella shouted as she slammed the door to her room and locked it. She heard her parents' voices on the other side, trying to calm her, to reason with her, but she ignored them. This was their own fault. Why should Basil get to be queen, just because she hatched a mere three and a half minutes before her? Basil didn't even want to be queen! Banella did. She wanted to be queen so badly it hurt. She had spent her childhood learning everything she could about royal traditions and attended all her classes, while her elder sister skipped out and spent all her time flouncing around the gardens. Now her parents tell her the coronation is beginning to be planned for Basil. A coronation Banella deserved! Banella had done everything to gain control of the clan! She had passed every class with high marks, and done everything that was asked of her. How could her sister gain the respect of her clan is she didn't put in the work, like Banella had? Fuming, Banella realized she couldn't stay here. She needed some fresh air, so she flung open the doors to her balcony and flew down from the castle into the streets below. She paid no mind to the commoners who tried to get her attention. If she was not their queen, did she really owe them anything? Maybe she should fly far away from here... Just as the thought entered her mind, she ran head-on into someone. She was just about to snap at them for their rudeness of getting in her way when she was captivated by his brilliant green eyes and shimmering genes. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26544711] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/265448/26544711_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] His face broke into a charming smile. "Hello Princess, you're far from the castle." "I needed some air." Banella explained. "Why don't you join me for a walk, and you can tell me what's troubling you..." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Leo had convinced Banella to stay in the Clan of Resting Wings. [i]If you want it that badly, you need to take it for yourself.[/i] The words he had told her stuck with her, and it was true. She could have the crown, she just needed to fight for it. Basil was scheduled for a meeting about the coronation with that clan's advisors this afternoon, and Banella knew full well she planned to skip out on it. The weather was warm, and Basil would not pass up such a nice day for being outside, gardening. Banella decided she would go in her place, and prove that she could handle the responsibility required of a queen. When the time came for the meeting, Banella was prepared. She had even stolen into her mother's wardrobe and had borrowed an outfit sure to display her majesty to the full. She looked every bit a queen, and this was her chance to make the impression she needed. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33201295] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332013/33201295_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] She now stood before the door. The meeting had been in session for five minutes already, and Basil had failed to show. Banella took a deep breath to quell any nerves. Now was not a time for stage fright. Running through her script again briefly, she pushed the doors open and made her arrival known. "Fine ladies and gentlemen, it appears my sister had been unable to make it. Allow me to stand in her place. I have some ideas that will surely bring our clan further prosperity..." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32141147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321412/32141147_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Banella started unashamedly at her father as they stood in his study. Her violet eyes were unblinking, daring her father to admit that she was better suited for the role of queen than her sister. "Just what exactly was it you were trying to pull back there?" Akira asked of his second-born daughter. "I wasn't trying to pull anything!" Banella shot back. "Basil didn't turn up, she's obviously not suited to be queen. Just give up this whole charade already and name me heir! We all know that's the best option for the clan!" "Banella." Akira shook his head. "You know nothing of being queen. You know the technical stuff, but not the heart behind it. This conversation proves your mother and I were right about naming your sister heir. We talked about making you heir instead, but as we watched you grow, it became clear you want this for yourself, not for the clan." "How dare you?" Banella said, filling with a slow, quiet rage. "If you learn from this experience, you may be able to become an advisor and help your sister rule, but if you continue to pull stunts like this, you aren't going to get anywhere. Now put your mother's clothes back and think about what you've done." "But-!" "Go!" Banella raced from her father's study, hot angry tears pouring down her face. She hated crying, but she could not stop. She ran out of the castle, not conscious of where she was heading. She soon found herself knocking on Leo's door, and found herself stumbling into Leo's arms. Leo, the only one who believed in her. The only one who cared for what she wanted. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] "You aren't seriously running away, are you?" "It's not running away!" Banella spat back at Leo. "That's what it looks like." Leo prodded. "After all, you've been hiding out here for the past week. Your parents have sent out search parties and everything." "Well it's not. You told me to go after what I want. That's what I'm doing." Banella held her head up high. "Now shut up and make sure this letter gets to the castle!" "Whatever you say, your majesty." Leo bowed mockingly. "Don't you want to be queen?" "My father has made it very clear that's not happening. I need to come up with a new plan." Banella explained. "I don't expect you to understand." "No, I don't understand. It seems to me like you are nothing but a young, entitled princess throwing a tantrum when you don't get exactly as you want." Leo leered. "Don't call me Princess!" Banella shrieked. "You know what? I'm going to deliver the letter myself, seeing as you don't have the guts to do it yourself!" With that, Banella tore out of Leo's house under the cover of a large hooded cloak and flew towards the castle. Reaching her sister's window, she couldn't resist peering in. Basil wasn't there. Typical. With a sigh, she slid the letter through the window. Her sister would read it when she returned, and her family would know that they had lost her for good. She would never return. Well, not to the palace at least. Satisfied the letter had reached it's destination, Banella adjusted the cloak and flew away from the clan, farther than she had ever been before. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Business was going well. Her new clan was small, but even a small clan needed some form of entertainment. So, fudging her true wealth, Banella had set up a theatre. Here, she could be whoever she wanted. She flaunted riches she did not have, and built herself a reputation of mystery and prestige. She brought in famous actors from far off clans to perform plays of her own design. Had anyone known her origin, they would have thought she had left the past behind her. That assumption would be completely wrong. One day, from her flat above the theatre, she heard a familiar accent, shadow in origin. Peering out her window, she saw a colourful wildclaw showing around and equally colourful coatl, and they were stopped outside of the theatre. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=34221622&skin=0&apparel=552,770,15273,21803&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=34696798&skin=9204&apparel=12908,21263,19448,21978&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] "And here is the theatre. Tickets can be morbidly expensive, but the price usually drops close to the show so they can fill seats. Last week I went to see a show for almost nothing. I'll take you sometime, as a break from all our hard work." "Maybe we can take your sister next time she comes to visit. From what you've told me about her and that clan entertainer, this is just the sort of thing she'd enjoy." The coatl suggested. "She would." The wildclaw smiled. "She's been so busy preparing for her coronation, she deserves a bit of a break. I'll write to her. Amberlyn is making a trip soon to visit The Clan of Resting Wings and can easily make a delivery to the castle..." Long-buried rage began to boil once again in Banella as the voices of the coatl and wildclaw grew faint and distance. So that bright-eyed young fool was her sister's son. Her hatred for her sister once again reared its head and she was left to stew and plot in the darkness of her flat. It should be her children that were preparing to take the throne, her bloodline that the crown was passed along. Instead, she was forgotten, abandoned. Her family clearly were too weak for her, if they visited this very town and failed to look for her. Not that she wanted them to find her. Someday, she would be powerful enough to get what she wanted, to put her sister in her place. She would lurk in the shadows, living out her days exiled in a separate flight, but one day she would return to the darkness she could not seem to shake free of. Someday, her sister would rue the day she stole the throne out from under her. Banella would not rest until she had achieved her revenge. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/11#post_33070030]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist[/center] ----- The interlude is here, and soon we will be jumping into the second arc! I had a lot of fun actually writing out Banella's backstory. I've talked and thought about it a lot, and have played around with a lot of different variables to create crzy AUs just for the fun of it. Banella is one of my favourite characters to work with, and she is a lot of fun to explore. In a future arc, I will be exploring her current character development. It worked out well that she won the vote because that lays the groundwork for that arc when the time comes to write it. The Clan of Resting Wings, as I've said before, belongs to one of my two irl best friends, @CleverDual. Basil, Akira and Leo live in her clan (As well as other's referenced, like Banella's mother, Arcene, and niece, Chrisha). [s](I hope I've written them all right. Please tell me if anything I did was out of character and I'll fix it)[/s] If you are interested in knowing the other side of the story, following Basil and her descendants, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2252521]she's written it all out in her lorebook[/url]! She just finished an absolutely wonderful arc that kept me hanging onto every word, so now would be a fantastic time to jump in! The next arc is off to a great start, and I am excited to see where it leads! Oh, and I should probably mention, the wildclaw and the coatl in the last section are Cpriccio and Pandora, dragons from the clan I had before Windkeep Tower. I no longer have them, but it was fun to cameo them! I must admit, I do miss them and their dynamic. They would have fit so well into Windkeep Tower.

Interlude 1: Banella - The Forgotten Princess

dragon?age=1&body=54&bodygene=13&breed=10&element=7&gender=1&tert=176&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=5&auth=0596641c8f80df0e8ff655a6ee99616c53519c93&dummyext=prev.png

"IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!" Banella shouted as she slammed the door to her room and locked it. She heard her parents' voices on the other side, trying to calm her, to reason with her, but she ignored them. This was their own fault.

Why should Basil get to be queen, just because she hatched a mere three and a half minutes before her? Basil didn't even want to be queen! Banella did. She wanted to be queen so badly it hurt. She had spent her childhood learning everything she could about royal traditions and attended all her classes, while her elder sister skipped out and spent all her time flouncing around the gardens.

Now her parents tell her the coronation is beginning to be planned for Basil. A coronation Banella deserved! Banella had done everything to gain control of the clan! She had passed every class with high marks, and done everything that was asked of her. How could her sister gain the respect of her clan is she didn't put in the work, like Banella had?

Fuming, Banella realized she couldn't stay here. She needed some fresh air, so she flung open the doors to her balcony and flew down from the castle into the streets below. She paid no mind to the commoners who tried to get her attention. If she was not their queen, did she really owe them anything? Maybe she should fly far away from here...

Just as the thought entered her mind, she ran head-on into someone. She was just about to snap at them for their rudeness of getting in her way when she was captivated by his brilliant green eyes and shimmering genes.

His face broke into a charming smile. "Hello Princess, you're far from the castle."

"I needed some air." Banella explained.

"Why don't you join me for a walk, and you can tell me what's troubling you..."

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

Leo had convinced Banella to stay in the Clan of Resting Wings. If you want it that badly, you need to take it for yourself. The words he had told her stuck with her, and it was true. She could have the crown, she just needed to fight for it.

Basil was scheduled for a meeting about the coronation with that clan's advisors this afternoon, and Banella knew full well she planned to skip out on it. The weather was warm, and Basil would not pass up such a nice day for being outside, gardening. Banella decided she would go in her place, and prove that she could handle the responsibility required of a queen.

When the time came for the meeting, Banella was prepared. She had even stolen into her mother's wardrobe and had borrowed an outfit sure to display her majesty to the full. She looked every bit a queen, and this was her chance to make the impression she needed.

She now stood before the door. The meeting had been in session for five minutes already, and Basil had failed to show. Banella took a deep breath to quell any nerves. Now was not a time for stage fright. Running through her script again briefly, she pushed the doors open and made her arrival known.

"Fine ladies and gentlemen, it appears my sister had been unable to make it. Allow me to stand in her place. I have some ideas that will surely bring our clan further prosperity..."

Banella started unashamedly at her father as they stood in his study. Her violet eyes were unblinking, daring her father to admit that she was better suited for the role of queen than her sister.

"Just what exactly was it you were trying to pull back there?" Akira asked of his second-born daughter.

"I wasn't trying to pull anything!" Banella shot back. "Basil didn't turn up, she's obviously not suited to be queen. Just give up this whole charade already and name me heir! We all know that's the best option for the clan!"

"Banella." Akira shook his head. "You know nothing of being queen. You know the technical stuff, but not the heart behind it. This conversation proves your mother and I were right about naming your sister heir. We talked about making you heir instead, but as we watched you grow, it became clear you want this for yourself, not for the clan."

"How dare you?" Banella said, filling with a slow, quiet rage.

"If you learn from this experience, you may be able to become an advisor and help your sister rule, but if you continue to pull stunts like this, you aren't going to get anywhere. Now put your mother's clothes back and think about what you've done."

"But-!"

"Go!"

Banella raced from her father's study, hot angry tears pouring down her face. She hated crying, but she could not stop. She ran out of the castle, not conscious of where she was heading. She soon found herself knocking on Leo's door, and found herself stumbling into Leo's arms. Leo, the only one who believed in her. The only one who cared for what she wanted.

"You aren't seriously running away, are you?"

"It's not running away!" Banella spat back at Leo.

"That's what it looks like." Leo prodded. "After all, you've been hiding out here for the past week. Your parents have sent out search parties and everything."

"Well it's not. You told me to go after what I want. That's what I'm doing." Banella held her head up high. "Now shut up and make sure this letter gets to the castle!"

"Whatever you say, your majesty." Leo bowed mockingly. "Don't you want to be queen?"

"My father has made it very clear that's not happening. I need to come up with a new plan." Banella explained. "I don't expect you to understand."

"No, I don't understand. It seems to me like you are nothing but a young, entitled princess throwing a tantrum when you don't get exactly as you want." Leo leered.

"Don't call me Princess!" Banella shrieked. "You know what? I'm going to deliver the letter myself, seeing as you don't have the guts to do it yourself!"

With that, Banella tore out of Leo's house under the cover of a large hooded cloak and flew towards the castle. Reaching her sister's window, she couldn't resist peering in. Basil wasn't there. Typical. With a sigh, she slid the letter through the window. Her sister would read it when she returned, and her family would know that they had lost her for good. She would never return. Well, not to the palace at least.

Satisfied the letter had reached it's destination, Banella adjusted the cloak and flew away from the clan, farther than she had ever been before.

Business was going well. Her new clan was small, but even a small clan needed some form of entertainment. So, fudging her true wealth, Banella had set up a theatre. Here, she could be whoever she wanted. She flaunted riches she did not have, and built herself a reputation of mystery and prestige. She brought in famous actors from far off clans to perform plays of her own design.

Had anyone known her origin, they would have thought she had left the past behind her. That assumption would be completely wrong.

One day, from her flat above the theatre, she heard a familiar accent, shadow in origin. Peering out her window, she saw a colourful wildclaw showing around and equally colourful coatl, and they were stopped outside of the theatre.
dragon?did=34221622&skin=0&apparel=552,770,15273,21803&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=34696798&skin=9204&apparel=12908,21263,19448,21978&xt=dressing.png

"And here is the theatre. Tickets can be morbidly expensive, but the price usually drops close to the show so they can fill seats. Last week I went to see a show for almost nothing. I'll take you sometime, as a break from all our hard work."

"Maybe we can take your sister next time she comes to visit. From what you've told me about her and that clan entertainer, this is just the sort of thing she'd enjoy." The coatl suggested.

"She would." The wildclaw smiled. "She's been so busy preparing for her coronation, she deserves a bit of a break. I'll write to her. Amberlyn is making a trip soon to visit The Clan of Resting Wings and can easily make a delivery to the castle..."

Long-buried rage began to boil once again in Banella as the voices of the coatl and wildclaw grew faint and distance. So that bright-eyed young fool was her sister's son. Her hatred for her sister once again reared its head and she was left to stew and plot in the darkness of her flat.

It should be her children that were preparing to take the throne, her bloodline that the crown was passed along. Instead, she was forgotten, abandoned. Her family clearly were too weak for her, if they visited this very town and failed to look for her. Not that she wanted them to find her.

Someday, she would be powerful enough to get what she wanted, to put her sister in her place. She would lurk in the shadows, living out her days exiled in a separate flight, but one day she would return to the darkness she could not seem to shake free of. Someday, her sister would rue the day she stole the throne out from under her. Banella would not rest until she had achieved her revenge.

The interlude is here, and soon we will be jumping into the second arc! I had a lot of fun actually writing out Banella's backstory. I've talked and thought about it a lot, and have played around with a lot of different variables to create crzy AUs just for the fun of it. Banella is one of my favourite characters to work with, and she is a lot of fun to explore. In a future arc, I will be exploring her current character development. It worked out well that she won the vote because that lays the groundwork for that arc when the time comes to write it.

The Clan of Resting Wings, as I've said before, belongs to one of my two irl best friends, @CleverDual. Basil, Akira and Leo live in her clan (As well as other's referenced, like Banella's mother, Arcene, and niece, Chrisha). (I hope I've written them all right. Please tell me if anything I did was out of character and I'll fix it) If you are interested in knowing the other side of the story, following Basil and her descendants, she's written it all out in her lorebook! She just finished an absolutely wonderful arc that kept me hanging onto every word, so now would be a fantastic time to jump in! The next arc is off to a great start, and I am excited to see where it leads!

Oh, and I should probably mention, the wildclaw and the coatl in the last section are Cpriccio and Pandora, dragons from the clan I had before Windkeep Tower. I no longer have them, but it was fun to cameo them! I must admit, I do miss them and their dynamic. They would have fit so well into Windkeep Tower.
@Petall It was great to have this to read! --At work, no less. xD Banella was a really fascinating character, and I liked how Akira rebuked her: a good example of how just because you want something, it doesn't mean you deserve it. Leo was also fairly interesting; I thought he'd goad her into usurping the throne, but it looks like he disapproves of her behavior as much as her parents do.

The story ended on quite a cliffhanger, too. Drama ahooooooy!
@Petall It was great to have this to read! --At work, no less. xD Banella was a really fascinating character, and I liked how Akira rebuked her: a good example of how just because you want something, it doesn't mean you deserve it. Leo was also fairly interesting; I thought he'd goad her into usurping the throne, but it looks like he disapproves of her behavior as much as her parents do.

The story ended on quite a cliffhanger, too. Drama ahooooooy!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

I am really excited to get into her arc and show off more of her! Though it'll be a bit of time until that happens! And oh boy, Leo and Banella have quite an... interesting... dynamic. That interaction I showed there is not the last they've seen of each other...

Drama is what Banella thrives on best!
@Disillusionist

I am really excited to get into her arc and show off more of her! Though it'll be a bit of time until that happens! And oh boy, Leo and Banella have quite an... interesting... dynamic. That interaction I showed there is not the last they've seen of each other...

Drama is what Banella thrives on best!
@Petall AHHHHH THERE SHE IS!!!!! I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH OH GOSH!!!! It was very well written and had me hooked from the start. You did such a good job of delving into her feelings at every turn, and you've just made my love for Banella grow. :D
@Petall AHHHHH THERE SHE IS!!!!! I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH OH GOSH!!!! It was very well written and had me hooked from the start. You did such a good job of delving into her feelings at every turn, and you've just made my love for Banella grow. :D
9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png Left: Sales thread. Right: Egg a day challenge. 9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png
@Kizzan

Aaaaa I'm so glad I did a good job with it! It was so great to delve deeper into Banella and share her with the world! I'm so glad it makes you love her even more!!!
@Kizzan

Aaaaa I'm so glad I did a good job with it! It was so great to delve deeper into Banella and share her with the world! I'm so glad it makes you love her even more!!!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/11#post_33054922]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 25: King of Diamonds, King of Pearls[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Quartz reclined in his lavish quarters, enjoying an ice-cold drink of pink lemonade. Around him lay the greatest treasures he had been able to scrounge and barter and buy from the eleven flights of Sornieth. He was safe, in his bubbled mansion at the bottom of the Leviathan Trench. He had mansions like this set up all over the world. In his line of work, he made a lot of enemies, and he wanted his hoard safe from prying eyes and sticky hands. He had already had to move twice in the past month, his Dragonhome and Tangled Wood mansions both having been raided by his greatest enemy. He had fled to the flight of his hatching, in the hopes hat he would not be found here. After all, the water pressure was far to great for even water dragons to survive without the proper equipment, and monsters lurked in the deep, dark, lost to time. Quartz could at last be alone with his riches. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. A pair of guardians, adapted after many generations of living in the trench, entered, eyes wide with fear. "Sir, there has been a breach." One of them, a dark female with large fins and bioluminescent scales announced. "Impossible. The security of this place is absolute! How could he find me here?" Quartz sighed and took another sip of his lemonade. "I paid good money for you, made sure you had all the right breeding, everything was planned down to the finest detail. And now you're jumping at, what is it exactly?" "It's Lothvian." The other guardian, a pale blue male weathered and scarred from many attacks. "Clearly you weren't paying close enough attention to detail. He was a spy. He's betrayed you." "And you've done nothing to stop it?" Quartz flicked his tongue irritably. "Well, no sir, you see," The female paused, as though trying to find the right words. But there was no sugar coating it. "He's turned the tides. Everyone's turned against you." "And you?" Quartz asked. "Where do you two stand." "You are our charge. Lothvian is raising a rebellion under the guise of reclaiming their charges." The male glanced around at a few objects, mundane and out of place among the grand artifacts. A heavily barnacled rock, a rusty ship's anchor, the tooth of some deep sea creature. "He had nothing to hold over us." "I knew you two would always remain loyal." Quartz grinned. "Now, help me get some of this stuff to the surface. I need a new plan." Clearly, the grand mansions with ultimate security were not going to work. It had taken less than a week for his rival to find this one. He needed to come up with something else. Something foolproof. An even deeper cover. "Scratch that." Quartz ordered. "Move my treasures to my highest security vault. Leave the charges. I will come back for my things when it is safe." His guardians nodded and obeyed. He moved to pack up a small suitcase of his belongings. Once he had gathered enough luggage, he began to prepare to make his escape. He made his way to an escape pod, built into the side of the bubble protecting his mansion. The two guardians opened the door to the bubble pod, and helped Quartz in. Once he was comfortable, the male primed in place for launch. The female stared into the pod, blue eyes filled with sorrow. "Look after the mansion while I am gone." Quartz ordered. "I will return for you someday, fear not, my loyal guardians." And with that, the male pressed a button and pulled a lever, and Quartz's pod went rocketing towards the surface. Just as the bubbled mansion began to fade from view, there was a pop, and a multitude of bubbles, both big and small, rose to the surface alongside the pod. The rebels had burst the bubble, and his mansion and riches would be left to the whim of the ocean, for all eternity. Yes, Quartz needed a new plan. And he had just the idea where to go. After all, news of a tower of sanctuary had reached even him, in his secluded lifestyle. The dragons were said to be kind, and willing to offer and protect all who needed a roof over their head. A humble clan, so different from the grandeur he had hidden himself away in before. No one would see it coming. Windkeep Tower, a place he could set himself up and build a resistance against his rival. His new home. He just had to find his way there first. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/13#post_33204556]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist[/center] ----- Well, this officially marks the start of arc #2! I'm really excited to see exactly how this will play out because I have a lot of ideas and characters to play around with, and I'm still working out exactly how everything all fits together. Now, introducing my newest dragon! I have fallen in love with this lovely fellow, and am excited to introduce him into my lore. I must admit Quartz turned out a little darker than I initially planned... That certainly puts a spin on things. You can consider this a sort of prologue for the arc! I hope you all enjoy it!

Chapter 25: King of Diamonds, King of Pearls

dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png

Quartz reclined in his lavish quarters, enjoying an ice-cold drink of pink lemonade. Around him lay the greatest treasures he had been able to scrounge and barter and buy from the eleven flights of Sornieth. He was safe, in his bubbled mansion at the bottom of the Leviathan Trench.

He had mansions like this set up all over the world. In his line of work, he made a lot of enemies, and he wanted his hoard safe from prying eyes and sticky hands. He had already had to move twice in the past month, his Dragonhome and Tangled Wood mansions both having been raided by his greatest enemy. He had fled to the flight of his hatching, in the hopes hat he would not be found here. After all, the water pressure was far to great for even water dragons to survive without the proper equipment, and monsters lurked in the deep, dark, lost to time.

Quartz could at last be alone with his riches.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. A pair of guardians, adapted after many generations of living in the trench, entered, eyes wide with fear.

"Sir, there has been a breach." One of them, a dark female with large fins and bioluminescent scales announced.

"Impossible. The security of this place is absolute! How could he find me here?" Quartz sighed and took another sip of his lemonade. "I paid good money for you, made sure you had all the right breeding, everything was planned down to the finest detail. And now you're jumping at, what is it exactly?"

"It's Lothvian." The other guardian, a pale blue male weathered and scarred from many attacks. "Clearly you weren't paying close enough attention to detail. He was a spy. He's betrayed you."

"And you've done nothing to stop it?" Quartz flicked his tongue irritably.

"Well, no sir, you see," The female paused, as though trying to find the right words. But there was no sugar coating it. "He's turned the tides. Everyone's turned against you."

"And you?" Quartz asked. "Where do you two stand."

"You are our charge. Lothvian is raising a rebellion under the guise of reclaiming their charges." The male glanced around at a few objects, mundane and out of place among the grand artifacts. A heavily barnacled rock, a rusty ship's anchor, the tooth of some deep sea creature. "He had nothing to hold over us."

"I knew you two would always remain loyal." Quartz grinned. "Now, help me get some of this stuff to the surface. I need a new plan."

Clearly, the grand mansions with ultimate security were not going to work. It had taken less than a week for his rival to find this one. He needed to come up with something else. Something foolproof. An even deeper cover.

"Scratch that." Quartz ordered. "Move my treasures to my highest security vault. Leave the charges. I will come back for my things when it is safe." His guardians nodded and obeyed. He moved to pack up a small suitcase of his belongings. Once he had gathered enough luggage, he began to prepare to make his escape. He made his way to an escape pod, built into the side of the bubble protecting his mansion.

The two guardians opened the door to the bubble pod, and helped Quartz in. Once he was comfortable, the male primed in place for launch. The female stared into the pod, blue eyes filled with sorrow.

"Look after the mansion while I am gone." Quartz ordered. "I will return for you someday, fear not, my loyal guardians."

And with that, the male pressed a button and pulled a lever, and Quartz's pod went rocketing towards the surface. Just as the bubbled mansion began to fade from view, there was a pop, and a multitude of bubbles, both big and small, rose to the surface alongside the pod. The rebels had burst the bubble, and his mansion and riches would be left to the whim of the ocean, for all eternity.

Yes, Quartz needed a new plan. And he had just the idea where to go. After all, news of a tower of sanctuary had reached even him, in his secluded lifestyle. The dragons were said to be kind, and willing to offer and protect all who needed a roof over their head. A humble clan, so different from the grandeur he had hidden himself away in before. No one would see it coming. Windkeep Tower, a place he could set himself up and build a resistance against his rival. His new home.

He just had to find his way there first.

Well, this officially marks the start of arc #2! I'm really excited to see exactly how this will play out because I have a lot of ideas and characters to play around with, and I'm still working out exactly how everything all fits together.

Now, introducing my newest dragon! I have fallen in love with this lovely fellow, and am excited to introduce him into my lore. I must admit Quartz turned out a little darker than I initially planned... That certainly puts a spin on things.

You can consider this a sort of prologue for the arc! I hope you all enjoy it!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 78 79