Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 93 94
I would really like to see sound of some type in the Coli, playing in complete silence tends to make me fall asleep.

Sound effects would be hard but I think music or something would still be nice.
I would really like to see sound of some type in the Coli, playing in complete silence tends to make me fall asleep.

Sound effects would be hard but I think music or something would still be nice.
@Xhaztol thank you and everyone else for taking our opinions on the page refreshes between battles into account! i really really love the new coliseum and it runs so nicely, but the page refreshes between battles have kind of ruined it for me because i'm on a smaller screen so i need to reposition the page every time it reloads in order to have access to all the controls.

also thank you just, in general? you guys are one of the most community-minded admin teams i have ever dealt with, and you are always quick to respond to concerns or bugs or other issues. i've been on a lot of sites where the voices of the community were just ignored, despite said community being literally the reason the website exists (cough gaia online cough) and it's just really super nice to have an admin team that actually gives a hoot about their players. thank you and the rest of your team for continuing to do your best for us!
@Xhaztol thank you and everyone else for taking our opinions on the page refreshes between battles into account! i really really love the new coliseum and it runs so nicely, but the page refreshes between battles have kind of ruined it for me because i'm on a smaller screen so i need to reposition the page every time it reloads in order to have access to all the controls.

also thank you just, in general? you guys are one of the most community-minded admin teams i have ever dealt with, and you are always quick to respond to concerns or bugs or other issues. i've been on a lot of sites where the voices of the community were just ignored, despite said community being literally the reason the website exists (cough gaia online cough) and it's just really super nice to have an admin team that actually gives a hoot about their players. thank you and the rest of your team for continuing to do your best for us!
naturef2.png
The Sable Glen
Peaceful - Resourceful - Stalwart

Mochi or Momo she/her, FR+3
@lostgubbins on twitter
Marine Iguana
I collect
Marine Iguanas!
Current total: 736

Up to date as of 18/02/2024
I just tested it! It's always been glitchy for me so I've never been able to make it past level 5 before but it's all running super smooth!
I just tested it! It's always been glitchy for me so I've never been able to make it past level 5 before but it's all running super smooth!
[quote name="AtmaAiu" date=2018-02-11 07:50:22] The refreshes between battles are very annoying, and I think that an option to turn it off would be neat. It takes up to a half of a minute to start a next battle for me, and while it can be tolerable while playing in the high level venues, playing in the lower level ones only becomes irritating. [/quote] Agreed on the refresh between battles. I'm currently trying to do a bit of a "split screen" type deal. I have a Youtube video in a window on the left side of my screen, and Flight Rising in another window on the right. In the old Coli I can easily watch Youtube and play the Coli at the same time, but with the new Coli Beta the page refreshes every time, and so I have to keep adjusting the right window so that the Coli is in the right spot to be able to attack and such. If the refresh thing doesn't get changed/fixed/whatever then I won't be able to play like this in the future which will make me less likely to grind the Coli during the festivals.
AtmaAiu wrote on 2018-02-11:
The refreshes between battles are very annoying, and I think that an option to turn it off would be neat. It takes up to a half of a minute to start a next battle for me, and while it can be tolerable while playing in the high level venues, playing in the lower level ones only becomes irritating.

Agreed on the refresh between battles. I'm currently trying to do a bit of a "split screen" type deal. I have a Youtube video in a window on the left side of my screen, and Flight Rising in another window on the right. In the old Coli I can easily watch Youtube and play the Coli at the same time, but with the new Coli Beta the page refreshes every time, and so I have to keep adjusting the right window so that the Coli is in the right spot to be able to attack and such. If the refresh thing doesn't get changed/fixed/whatever then I won't be able to play like this in the future which will make me less likely to grind the Coli during the festivals.
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
Is there an estimated time when keyboard controls will roll out, or did I miss something?
Is there an estimated time when keyboard controls will roll out, or did I miss something?
9PW8odu.jpg
All I care about is that THIS. STOPS. HAPPENING!!!! AAAH [img]http://i60.tinypic.com/1z5p3r5.png[/img]
All I care about is that THIS. STOPS. HAPPENING!!!! AAAH

1z5p3r5.png
My complaints about the captchas and the slower turns in the new Coli still stand, but holy heck, removing that between-battle refreshing was a blessing. It's so much more manageable now.
My complaints about the captchas and the slower turns in the new Coli still stand, but holy heck, removing that between-battle refreshing was a blessing. It's so much more manageable now.
w2N3au9.png
Alright so the new coli beta seems pretty nice but something that needs to be fixed is the battle speed in it:

The battles are generally very slow. I appreciate the work that went into making the animation look nice but I could not care less about it. When I grind in the coli I want battles to end quickly and not wait for the animations of attacks to be over. It's really frustrating how slow it is :/
Alright so the new coli beta seems pretty nice but something that needs to be fixed is the battle speed in it:

The battles are generally very slow. I appreciate the work that went into making the animation look nice but I could not care less about it. When I grind in the coli I want battles to end quickly and not wait for the animations of attacks to be over. It's really frustrating how slow it is :/
Certified Trash Gremlin | FR +9 | Wishlist

All permanent dragons are in the hibernal den
Appreciate the refresh between battles being taken away. It does feel much better now!

The coliseum still feels slower though, There's a pause where after you attack, the attacking dragon is moving back into it's position and you can't press the attack button for the next dragon. Doesn't seem to be a thing in the old coliseum, you can press it as soon as the first dragon has hit it's attack. It also loads slower between battles. First the bottom half and the enemy names show up, then the rest of the interface. It's a slight pause but adds up when you're trying to grind.

I'm not getting captcha every three battles so thanks for fixing that bug too. I don't know if you've changed the actual captchas to be easier to read. I still think they need better rewards, one battle really isn't much.

Appreciate the refresh between battles being taken away. It does feel much better now!

The coliseum still feels slower though, There's a pause where after you attack, the attacking dragon is moving back into it's position and you can't press the attack button for the next dragon. Doesn't seem to be a thing in the old coliseum, you can press it as soon as the first dragon has hit it's attack. It also loads slower between battles. First the bottom half and the enemy names show up, then the rest of the interface. It's a slight pause but adds up when you're trying to grind.

I'm not getting captcha every three battles so thanks for fixing that bug too. I don't know if you've changed the actual captchas to be easier to read. I still think they need better rewards, one battle really isn't much.

xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
After using the beta coliseum on my phone I didn't want to return to using the old coliseum on my phone. Since its dom week, and I need to level my dragons I had to return to the old coliseum, but it took me 5 minutes to go through one battle in the coliseum. I can't wait for the beta one to replace the old one, as it works so much faster, and smoother.
After using the beta coliseum on my phone I didn't want to return to using the old coliseum on my phone. Since its dom week, and I need to level my dragons I had to return to the old coliseum, but it took me 5 minutes to go through one battle in the coliseum. I can't wait for the beta one to replace the old one, as it works so much faster, and smoother.
cuNHUbU.png1rAc41Y.gifsmall_Zephyrus.png
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 93 94