Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bank of Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Yeah, a 'bank' or really just a storage place to keep gold would be nice. I'm actually the kind of person that puts it away, forgets I have it, and then when I need it, it's like 'ohhey... pssst. look here".

Though I don't like interest, and if we do have it, I think it should be like Neopets, to claim it, you must go and click for that day.

I think if we work on the 'Hoard' idea, you know, Dragons defending their gold/treasure, it could be an interesting way to store our money.
Yeah, a 'bank' or really just a storage place to keep gold would be nice. I'm actually the kind of person that puts it away, forgets I have it, and then when I need it, it's like 'ohhey... pssst. look here".

Though I don't like interest, and if we do have it, I think it should be like Neopets, to claim it, you must go and click for that day.

I think if we work on the 'Hoard' idea, you know, Dragons defending their gold/treasure, it could be an interesting way to store our money.
Going to support this 100% as well, I'm so terrible at managing money. xD
Going to support this 100% as well, I'm so terrible at managing money. xD
T8qcMaV.png
I support the bank/ hoard idea, as long as it is away from my sight I am good. No on the interest.
I support the bank/ hoard idea, as long as it is away from my sight I am good. No on the interest.
support
support
Focusing in Iridescent and Shimmer Genes
I'm definitely parroting everyone on having trouble saving my money if it is at my fingertips 24/7.

What I would really like is a bank where you can store Treasure and Gems because gems are definitely of more value than treasure and having it always taunting me with its availability is bad. xD
I'm definitely parroting everyone on having trouble saving my money if it is at my fingertips 24/7.

What I would really like is a bank where you can store Treasure and Gems because gems are definitely of more value than treasure and having it always taunting me with its availability is bad. xD
I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Yes, please. I'm saving up for a breed change, and every second I see my current count makes me want to spend it.
I like the 'hoarded treasure' option. Maybe there could be flight-specific group hoards? Part of the exalted dragon's service (in canon) could be policing the central hoard, making sure the records are correct and that nobody steals anything. And as a savings incentive, you're only allowed to withdraw items from the hoard a few times a day, because the exalted have better things to do than run down to your corner of the hoard every fifteen minutes. :)
Yes, please. I'm saving up for a breed change, and every second I see my current count makes me want to spend it.
I like the 'hoarded treasure' option. Maybe there could be flight-specific group hoards? Part of the exalted dragon's service (in canon) could be policing the central hoard, making sure the records are correct and that nobody steals anything. And as a savings incentive, you're only allowed to withdraw items from the hoard a few times a day, because the exalted have better things to do than run down to your corner of the hoard every fifteen minutes. :)
Totally support this idea. I was actually thinking that I'd like a bank to squirrel treasure away out of site on here.
Totally support this idea. I was actually thinking that I'd like a bank to squirrel treasure away out of site on here.
I support this! And maybe have interest for leaving it in there instead of spending it maybe?
I support this! And maybe have interest for leaving it in there instead of spending it maybe?
ka2rky.gif
ka2rky.gif
Interest would be a bad idea. Brief economics lesson below.

The idea of a loan with usury is simple. You have money, and you could use the money to improve your trade or something to help you to earn more money in the long run. Someone comes around and says, "I really, really need money to start up my new awesome business that will make even more money. Look, I know you can use what you have to help you make some money, so I'll compensate you for that to make it worth your while to lend me the money." This is why interest exists, or in the case of companies investing in a project, they analyse the rate of return.

However, you go, "How do I know that you'll succeed? What if you default? This is a very risky endeavour." This is where a bank comes in. Banks lend money to people and analyze and aggregate the risk of lending to large groups of people to minimize the risk of default. By depositing your money in a real-world bank, you are effectively saying, "I want to lend my money to people so that they may prosper and I can share in the gains. However, I do not have the time or energy to find someone suitable to lend this money to, so I'm going to pay a centralized figure to do it, ie. a bank."

Of course, the reality is much more complicated, since the bank could use their reserve to buy other things with return (bonds, hedge or mutual funds etc.), and it's still a business and so they have a bottom line to worry about, but hopefully even if you haven't been convinced that there is no justification as to why we should implement interest, (since there is no way to assess the rate at which people would default and can't lend), you've learned something about the banking system.
Interest would be a bad idea. Brief economics lesson below.

The idea of a loan with usury is simple. You have money, and you could use the money to improve your trade or something to help you to earn more money in the long run. Someone comes around and says, "I really, really need money to start up my new awesome business that will make even more money. Look, I know you can use what you have to help you make some money, so I'll compensate you for that to make it worth your while to lend me the money." This is why interest exists, or in the case of companies investing in a project, they analyse the rate of return.

However, you go, "How do I know that you'll succeed? What if you default? This is a very risky endeavour." This is where a bank comes in. Banks lend money to people and analyze and aggregate the risk of lending to large groups of people to minimize the risk of default. By depositing your money in a real-world bank, you are effectively saying, "I want to lend my money to people so that they may prosper and I can share in the gains. However, I do not have the time or energy to find someone suitable to lend this money to, so I'm going to pay a centralized figure to do it, ie. a bank."

Of course, the reality is much more complicated, since the bank could use their reserve to buy other things with return (bonds, hedge or mutual funds etc.), and it's still a business and so they have a bottom line to worry about, but hopefully even if you haven't been convinced that there is no justification as to why we should implement interest, (since there is no way to assess the rate at which people would default and can't lend), you've learned something about the banking system.
Malo esse bonæ sub regno Textricis Lucis
Ask when you know not or cast yourself in chains of veiled silence. Question the darkness and the light within will reveal itself.
Insert Future Shop Banner Here
Text In Character will be distinguished by this colour.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29