Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | move events calendar somewhere else
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
i was going to say "move events calendar somewhere accessible" but the title was too long but basically i literally can NEVER remember where the events calendar is because for some reason its in the encyclopedia, and frankly if i need to look up the things that would be in there i just go to the much better curated and more informative flightrising wiki (sorry)

anyway that being said i think a mini calendar on the front page would be wonderful - maybe just an image of the calendar that serves as a clickable link to the actual calendar. my preferred placement would be just above site status on the right side of the screen - something immediately visible and hard to miss. it would push everything down a little but i can't imagine it would be that much of a change

i would love this implementation especially since there's still no sign of us getting a "hold your gathering turns" heads up for microholidays

edit: i'm gonna try to remember to bring this up every holiday because with the increase in shops causing more currencies to collect missing even a day of gathering can be impactful :/// i'm a casual player i work most of the week i dont have time to coli grind so gathering is the way i get most of my event currency :///

edit edit: also the calendar needs to be an actual calendar as well as a list of events to expect during the year - i process things better when i can actually see the distance between things on an actual calendar format

it's an accessibility issue and a QoL issue that people cannot successfully navigate the site to find something that should be easily reachable
i was going to say "move events calendar somewhere accessible" but the title was too long but basically i literally can NEVER remember where the events calendar is because for some reason its in the encyclopedia, and frankly if i need to look up the things that would be in there i just go to the much better curated and more informative flightrising wiki (sorry)

anyway that being said i think a mini calendar on the front page would be wonderful - maybe just an image of the calendar that serves as a clickable link to the actual calendar. my preferred placement would be just above site status on the right side of the screen - something immediately visible and hard to miss. it would push everything down a little but i can't imagine it would be that much of a change

i would love this implementation especially since there's still no sign of us getting a "hold your gathering turns" heads up for microholidays

edit: i'm gonna try to remember to bring this up every holiday because with the increase in shops causing more currencies to collect missing even a day of gathering can be impactful :/// i'm a casual player i work most of the week i dont have time to coli grind so gathering is the way i get most of my event currency :///

edit edit: also the calendar needs to be an actual calendar as well as a list of events to expect during the year - i process things better when i can actually see the distance between things on an actual calendar format

it's an accessibility issue and a QoL issue that people cannot successfully navigate the site to find something that should be easily reachable
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Support on having the calendar somewhere more visible than clicking through links to find it. I like the idea of an icon on the front page. It could even go in the little thing at the top of the page above our info that scrolls through various things like telling us who has dom right now.

And the micro holidays are on the calendar, but again, we have to go look for them
Support on having the calendar somewhere more visible than clicking through links to find it. I like the idea of an icon on the front page. It could even go in the little thing at the top of the page above our info that scrolls through various things like telling us who has dom right now.

And the micro holidays are on the calendar, but again, we have to go look for them
The calendar is also difficult to look at. It's a bunch of texts with no imagery to go with it. Perhaps the headers staff uses for the news to indicate each events so we can know better what they are talking about.

Also I support moving the calendar elsewhere. It is currently very out of the way.
The calendar is also difficult to look at. It's a bunch of texts with no imagery to go with it. Perhaps the headers staff uses for the news to indicate each events so we can know better what they are talking about.

Also I support moving the calendar elsewhere. It is currently very out of the way.
There's an event calender??
There's an event calender??
7-E69-CC0-E-479-E-40-B9-8-FB2-AC593-E37125-A.png 7qe8XEN.png
Yeah the event calendar should be moved to the side bar, in between DevTracker and Which Waystone preferably so it catches the eye easily and located in a spot that's often looked at by players.

I understand the idea of leaving it in the encyclopedia wiki index (listed under V. Activities) because that was where the original link to the game's holidays was located but...

It's probably a good idea to just add an extra link to the sidebar instead. ^.^;
Yeah the event calendar should be moved to the side bar, in between DevTracker and Which Waystone preferably so it catches the eye easily and located in a spot that's often looked at by players.

I understand the idea of leaving it in the encyclopedia wiki index (listed under V. Activities) because that was where the original link to the game's holidays was located but...

It's probably a good idea to just add an extra link to the sidebar instead. ^.^;
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
I didn't even know there was a game holidays section, and I didn't know about the calendar till I saw an article about it and went digging EVERYWHERE for it
I didn't even know there was a game holidays section, and I didn't know about the calendar till I saw an article about it and went digging EVERYWHERE for it
I didn't know that was there either. It'd be neat if they had a little calendar on the front page that had the month on it. It'd kinda look like the calendar in World of Warcraft if anyone's familiar with how that looks.
I didn't know that was there either. It'd be neat if they had a little calendar on the front page that had the month on it. It'd kinda look like the calendar in World of Warcraft if anyone's familiar with how that looks.
I was going to suggest this a week or two ago but got lazy.. so obviously you have my support
I was going to suggest this a week or two ago but got lazy.. so obviously you have my support
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
what i'm getting from a lot of the replies here is that it's very crazy how the event calendar was something that was really requested, but the rollout of it was done in a way that barely anyone knows it exists or even where to find it :///
what i'm getting from a lot of the replies here is that it's very crazy how the event calendar was something that was really requested, but the rollout of it was done in a way that barely anyone knows it exists or even where to find it :///
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I don't think it needs to be moved. But, I think it could be nice to have a small calendar. I don't know if I like the proposed placement, though. I'd say maybe underneath site status... Maybe clicking on the clock can go there, too? Something like that? Also [quote]i would love this implementation especially since there's still no sign of us getting heads up for microholidays[/quote] Looks like Springswarm starts 9 March?
I don't think it needs to be moved. But, I think it could be nice to have a small calendar. I don't know if I like the proposed placement, though. I'd say maybe underneath site status... Maybe clicking on the clock can go there, too? Something like that?

Also
Quote:
i would love this implementation especially since there's still no sign of us getting heads up for microholidays
Looks like Springswarm starts 9 March?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10