Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | move events calendar somewhere else
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Contaminate @Witch0fDoom @Mahogi - i made this two months ago because of my frustration over the calendar XD
@Contaminate @Witch0fDoom @Mahogi - i made this two months ago because of my frustration over the calendar XD
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@hungryhobbits Thank you for the ping! Because yes I strongly feel the same way- as I said in the “put the dates back” thread. The calendar is a tad obscure for how important it is - several text-dense menu clicks away is a nightmare to find for me and my ADHD. The encyclopedia is a reasonable spot for it in *theory,* but in practice, the calendar is the only thing in the encyclopedia that warrant need checking/reading more than once.
@hungryhobbits Thank you for the ping! Because yes I strongly feel the same way- as I said in the “put the dates back” thread. The calendar is a tad obscure for how important it is - several text-dense menu clicks away is a nightmare to find for me and my ADHD. The encyclopedia is a reasonable spot for it in *theory,* but in practice, the calendar is the only thing in the encyclopedia that warrant need checking/reading more than once.
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Old Artblog
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Artfight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandomstuck OCs
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Outdated Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandragons
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Credit!
|
|
|
|
@ me with a zero
not an o!
[quote name="Witch0fDoom" date="2023-04-05 08:41:36" ] @/hungryhobbits Thank you for the ping! Because yes I strongly feel the same way- as I said in the “put the dates back” thread. The calendar is a tad obscure for how important it is - several text-dense menu clicks away is a nightmare to find for me and my ADHD. The encyclopedia is a reasonable spot for it in *theory,* but in practice, the calendar is the only thing in the encyclopedia that warrant need checking/reading more than once. [/quote] plus i'll be honest - most new and seasoned players are not going to think "let me check the encyclopedia" for the calendar. that's typically not where a calendar goes. honestly if anything at all it should have its own clickable tab on the library sidebar.
Witch0fDoom wrote on 2023-04-05 08:41:36:
@/hungryhobbits Thank you for the ping! Because yes I strongly feel the same way- as I said in the “put the dates back” thread. The calendar is a tad obscure for how important it is - several text-dense menu clicks away is a nightmare to find for me and my ADHD. The encyclopedia is a reasonable spot for it in *theory,* but in practice, the calendar is the only thing in the encyclopedia that warrant need checking/reading more than once.
plus i'll be honest - most new and seasoned players are not going to think "let me check the encyclopedia" for the calendar. that's typically not where a calendar goes.

honestly if anything at all it should have its own clickable tab on the library sidebar.
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
EMPHATICALLY Support putting a link to the calendar somewhere obvious. Please! I SAW the release announcement and I can [i]still[/i] never remember where the heck it is. [emoji=nocturne sad size=1] Do NOT support replacing daily bonuses box with a calendar as someone has suggested here, as that box seems to be the reason a lot of newer/less forumgoing users even know those bonuses exist. Though if it is as simple as adding another box above or below that one, with a mini-calendar, I am all for that. My thought at the start of the thread was[i] "You know, there is alllll that real estate on the red bar between the trio of dragons in the header and the Latest News, it seems like something could be done there." [/i]That is still the way I am leaning on this; Users Online, Messages, etc. already live there, maybe make a hole for a calendar link too.
EMPHATICALLY Support putting a link to the calendar somewhere obvious. Please! I SAW the release announcement and I can still never remember where the heck it is.

Do NOT support replacing daily bonuses box with a calendar as someone has suggested here, as that box seems to be the reason a lot of newer/less forumgoing users even know those bonuses exist. Though if it is as simple as adding another box above or below that one, with a mini-calendar, I am all for that.

My thought at the start of the thread was "You know, there is alllll that real estate on the red bar between the trio of dragons in the header and the Latest News, it seems like something could be done there." That is still the way I am leaning on this; Users Online, Messages, etc. already live there, maybe make a hole for a calendar link too.
@williwawwarden plus when they post the events stuff in the site status box, it gets pushed down by random little things that could've been consolidated into one post here's personally what i'm thinking - putting it somewhere that site status will still be most prominent, but will be seen when scrolling down by using up a lot of that empty space beneath exalt bonuses [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/893846645148631060/1100112301908045854/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/893846645148631060/1100112302138720306/image.png[/img]
@williwawwarden plus when they post the events stuff in the site status box, it gets pushed down by random little things that could've been consolidated into one post

here's personally what i'm thinking - putting it somewhere that site status will still be most prominent, but will be seen when scrolling down by using up a lot of that empty space beneath exalt bonuses

image.png

image.png
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
@hungryhobbits Just to be clear, I was suggesting placing it ABOVE the area where stuff gets pushed down - on the same bar as messages, friend invites, etc. I cannot tell if you were referencing that when you pinged me or not!
@hungryhobbits Just to be clear, I was suggesting placing it ABOVE the area where stuff gets pushed down - on the same bar as messages, friend invites, etc. I cannot tell if you were referencing that when you pinged me or not!
@williwawwarden oh no sorry i just like addressing people specifically, but i was just telling you where i think it should go as well

personally i dont think it should go on the alerts bar because that's too tiny and defeats the purpose!
@williwawwarden oh no sorry i just like addressing people specifically, but i was just telling you where i think it should go as well

personally i dont think it should go on the alerts bar because that's too tiny and defeats the purpose!
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
@hungryhobbits Oh. Not the whole thing, but an icon link like the others already there, is what I was getting at. Especially on mobile, a teeny-tiny calendar is not necessarily useful (as in, readable); all I really want is a link TO the calendar to be somewhere more people will actually notice and use it. Still, if it can be linked via a homepage calendar which is large enough to be of some use, I am okay with that also!
@hungryhobbits Oh. Not the whole thing, but an icon link like the others already there, is what I was getting at. Especially on mobile, a teeny-tiny calendar is not necessarily useful (as in, readable); all I really want is a link TO the calendar to be somewhere more people will actually notice and use it. Still, if it can be linked via a homepage calendar which is large enough to be of some use, I am okay with that also!
@williwawwarden maybe combine the two? tiny calendar link and actual visible calendar? both leading back to the encyclopedia article so you can see the whole year of events :thinking:
@williwawwarden maybe combine the two? tiny calendar link and actual visible calendar? both leading back to the encyclopedia article so you can see the whole year of events :thinking:
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
@hungryhobbits I would be fine with both! As long as they do [i]something[/i] to increase its visibility. [emoji=mystery bag size=1]
@hungryhobbits I would be fine with both! As long as they do something to increase its visibility.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10