Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nerf health of new toughest Mire enemies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
no, just take the L and tincture your flyer if you want to keep using it.

site development > popular usermade builds.
no, just take the L and tincture your flyer if you want to keep using it.

site development > popular usermade builds.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
No support. I don't think staff should not be allowed to make balance changes in the coliseum just because players are used to the way things are. As someone who always levels fodder in mire, I don't mind the slightly tougher enemies, and I'm glad that the devs seem to be trying to freshen up the overall coli experience with changes like this. Besides, it's not like the mire changes completely destroys the meta: people are already finding other builds that work almost as well. Even the 119 strength build still works, it's just a little slower now due to needing to scratch + eliminate some things.

Balance changes in online games are inevitable, and most of the time players just have to adapt in response. The devs don't make these changes for no reason; they've likely thought this out and this is according to their plans for what they want coli to be. As long as it isn't a change that severely impacts the game in a very unfun way, I don't think they should have to walk back changes for the sake of keeping things as they were. People can be unhappy with the new mire, but I would encourage those people to at least wait a few months and see if they still feel as negatively about it before they start asking for it to be altered yet again.
No support. I don't think staff should not be allowed to make balance changes in the coliseum just because players are used to the way things are. As someone who always levels fodder in mire, I don't mind the slightly tougher enemies, and I'm glad that the devs seem to be trying to freshen up the overall coli experience with changes like this. Besides, it's not like the mire changes completely destroys the meta: people are already finding other builds that work almost as well. Even the 119 strength build still works, it's just a little slower now due to needing to scratch + eliminate some things.

Balance changes in online games are inevitable, and most of the time players just have to adapt in response. The devs don't make these changes for no reason; they've likely thought this out and this is according to their plans for what they want coli to be. As long as it isn't a change that severely impacts the game in a very unfun way, I don't think they should have to walk back changes for the sake of keeping things as they were. People can be unhappy with the new mire, but I would encourage those people to at least wait a few months and see if they still feel as negatively about it before they start asking for it to be altered yet again.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
[quote]I'm glad that the devs seem to be trying to freshen up the overall coli experience with changes like this. [/quote] [quote]Balance changes in online games are inevitable, and most of the time players just have to adapt in response.[/quote] I restatted my Mire trainer. I’m doing the exact same thing as before with a similar (if slightly lower on some starts) level of efficiency. Rally. Eliminate. Next battle. Repeat. Fresh as month old crusty socks over here. Refreshing a bit more and spending 30kt are certainly not rebalancing or nerfing the Mire for me. I’m more cautious of starting on physical mobs now, but that’s all. I’d rather forgo the irritation and stick with what I had. Though others are more bothered by the new builds. People *will* adapt whether they like it or not, but the change itself is pointless. [quote]The devs don't make these changes for no reason; they've likely thought this out and this is according to their plans for what they want coli to be.[/quote] Players found out fairly quickly with simple math new optimal builds. If the devs intended to rebalance anything, I’d like to believe that they would be able to come up with changes/rebalancing that isn’t negated fairly well within a day. And if this is intentional and planned for - what was the point? Change venues ever so slightly so that players pay 30kt and get right back on track? IMO the changes were somewhat unintentional (all the new enemies are Mire level, nothing insane), with stats being thrown out there with little regard for rebalancing and player builds. In which case, they have nothing to lose by tweaking some enemy stats.
Quote:
I'm glad that the devs seem to be trying to freshen up the overall coli experience with changes like this.
Quote:
Balance changes in online games are inevitable, and most of the time players just have to adapt in response.

I restatted my Mire trainer. I’m doing the exact same thing as before with a similar (if slightly lower on some starts) level of efficiency. Rally. Eliminate. Next battle. Repeat. Fresh as month old crusty socks over here. Refreshing a bit more and spending 30kt are certainly not rebalancing or nerfing the Mire for me. I’m more cautious of starting on physical mobs now, but that’s all. I’d rather forgo the irritation and stick with what I had. Though others are more bothered by the new builds. People *will* adapt whether they like it or not, but the change itself is pointless.
Quote:
The devs don't make these changes for no reason; they've likely thought this out and this is according to their plans for what they want coli to be.
Players found out fairly quickly with simple math new optimal builds. If the devs intended to rebalance anything, I’d like to believe that they would be able to come up with changes/rebalancing that isn’t negated fairly well within a day. And if this is intentional and planned for - what was the point? Change venues ever so slightly so that players pay 30kt and get right back on track? IMO the changes were somewhat unintentional (all the new enemies are Mire level, nothing insane), with stats being thrown out there with little regard for rebalancing and player builds. In which case, they have nothing to lose by tweaking some enemy stats.
[quote name="Kutabe" date="2021-10-23 23:59:16" ] [quote]I'm glad that the devs seem to be trying to freshen up the overall coli experience with changes like this. [/quote] [quote]Balance changes in online games are inevitable, and most of the time players just have to adapt in response.[/quote] I restatted my Mire trainer. I’m doing the exact same thing as before with a similar (if slightly lower on some starts) level of efficiency. Rally. Eliminate. Next battle. Repeat. Fresh as month old crusty socks over here. Refreshing a bit more and spending 30kt are certainly not rebalancing or nerfing the Mire for me. I’m more cautious of starting on physical mobs now, but that’s all. I’d rather forgo the irritation and stick with what I had. Though others are more bothered by the new builds. People *will* adapt whether they like it or not, but the change itself is pointless. [quote]The devs don't make these changes for no reason; they've likely thought this out and this is according to their plans for what they want coli to be.[/quote] Players found out fairly quickly with simple math new optimal builds. If the devs intended to rebalance anything, I’d like to believe that they would be able to come up with changes/rebalancing that isn’t negated fairly well within a day. And if this is intentional and planned for - what was the point? Change venues ever so slightly so that players pay 30kt and get right back on track? IMO the changes were somewhat unintentional (all the new enemies are Mire level, nothing insane), with stats being thrown out there with little regard for rebalancing and player builds. In which case, they have nothing to lose by tweaking some enemy stats. [/quote] Okay then, so...if the change is "pointless" and was completely "negated" by players finding new avenues to grind then what harm is there in keeping it? Forcing players to find new meta/builds is the entire point of a rebalance. In FR's case, since we currently don't have PVP or "collaborative raids" of any kind, that does basically boil down to everybody who min-maxes buying a tincture and fixing their dragons' stats. But that's still treasure being removed from the system and on top of that, according to some players in this very thread, if there is a slight slow down in what they're able to grind that prevents that loot/treasure from being generated in the first place. If you ask me, this is an incredibly minimal shake-up considering Arcane element dragons are still the most viable element for the Mire, meaning nobody even had to train up or buy a new dragon of a different element to continue grinding.
Kutabe wrote on 2021-10-23 23:59:16:
Quote:
I'm glad that the devs seem to be trying to freshen up the overall coli experience with changes like this.
Quote:
Balance changes in online games are inevitable, and most of the time players just have to adapt in response.

I restatted my Mire trainer. I’m doing the exact same thing as before with a similar (if slightly lower on some starts) level of efficiency. Rally. Eliminate. Next battle. Repeat. Fresh as month old crusty socks over here. Refreshing a bit more and spending 30kt are certainly not rebalancing or nerfing the Mire for me. I’m more cautious of starting on physical mobs now, but that’s all. I’d rather forgo the irritation and stick with what I had. Though others are more bothered by the new builds. People *will* adapt whether they like it or not, but the change itself is pointless.
Quote:
The devs don't make these changes for no reason; they've likely thought this out and this is according to their plans for what they want coli to be.
Players found out fairly quickly with simple math new optimal builds. If the devs intended to rebalance anything, I’d like to believe that they would be able to come up with changes/rebalancing that isn’t negated fairly well within a day. And if this is intentional and planned for - what was the point? Change venues ever so slightly so that players pay 30kt and get right back on track? IMO the changes were somewhat unintentional (all the new enemies are Mire level, nothing insane), with stats being thrown out there with little regard for rebalancing and player builds. In which case, they have nothing to lose by tweaking some enemy stats.

Okay then, so...if the change is "pointless" and was completely "negated" by players finding new avenues to grind then what harm is there in keeping it?

Forcing players to find new meta/builds is the entire point of a rebalance. In FR's case, since we currently don't have PVP or "collaborative raids" of any kind, that does basically boil down to everybody who min-maxes buying a tincture and fixing their dragons' stats. But that's still treasure being removed from the system and on top of that, according to some players in this very thread, if there is a slight slow down in what they're able to grind that prevents that loot/treasure from being generated in the first place.

If you ask me, this is an incredibly minimal shake-up considering Arcane element dragons are still the most viable element for the Mire, meaning nobody even had to train up or buy a new dragon of a different element to continue grinding.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
[quote]Okay then, so...if the change is "pointless" and was completely "negated" by players finding new avenues to grind then what harm is there in keeping it?[/quote] Because it continues to negatively effect players, whether that be because they still have to buy tinctures, or because they are having a hard time adjusting to newer builds. No one’s had years to get used to the new builds, or make their own personal tweaks to them, but they have the old ones. No player was harmed by the old meta, but the update harms some, and I do not see how the new meta benefits us more than the old one did. [quote]Forcing players to find new meta/builds is the entire point of a rebalance. In FR's case, since we currently don't have PVP or "collaborative raids" of any kind, that does basically boil down to everybody who min-maxes buying a tincture and fixing their dragons' stats.[/quote] Perhaps, but rebalancing should benefit players in some way - directly or indirectly - in itself. Not in forcing new builds or metas for the sake of change, but in improving the coliseum. Getting people to spend 30kt on one of their dragons ever doesn’t do much, even as a treasure sink. Right now, the Coliseum needs to be more engaging, not slower. With more engagement and entertainment, people will become less focused on speed as simply playing has a benefit other than the rewards. The Coliseum needs to be revamped and rebalanced, but in a way that will improve the experience. Currently, there is no reason to sit back and enjoy the flowers, and the update did nothing to remedy that. [quote]But that's still treasure being removed from the system and on top of that, according to some players in this very thread, if there is a slight slow down in what they're able to grind that prevents that loot/treasure from being generated in the first place.[/quote] There is a slow down, and the Coliseum is as unengaging as ever. Perhaps this slow down will help the economy in the long run, but it has a negative impact on players’ ability/desire to use the Coliseum now. We all know that treasure sinks are needed, but it’s best if they are ones we willingly spend on. Don’t lower income, but encourage players to spend. The Mire isn’t even the best venue to grind items for hoardselling in, and it discourages the most efficient fodder training method. Exalting might introduce a lot of money into the game, but exalting is, in turn, necessary for the site. [quote]If you ask me, this is an incredibly minimal shake-up considering Arcane element dragons are still the most viable element for the Mire, meaning nobody even had to train up or buy a new dragon of a different element to continue grinding.[/quote] Element matters very little on fodder trainers; you’re not meant to be taking much damage. Having the best element doesn’t do a whole lot, so there wasn’t much potential for people needing new dragons at all.
Quote:
Okay then, so...if the change is "pointless" and was completely "negated" by players finding new avenues to grind then what harm is there in keeping it?
Because it continues to negatively effect players, whether that be because they still have to buy tinctures, or because they are having a hard time adjusting to newer builds. No one’s had years to get used to the new builds, or make their own personal tweaks to them, but they have the old ones. No player was harmed by the old meta, but the update harms some, and I do not see how the new meta benefits us more than the old one did.

Quote:
Forcing players to find new meta/builds is the entire point of a rebalance. In FR's case, since we currently don't have PVP or "collaborative raids" of any kind, that does basically boil down to everybody who min-maxes buying a tincture and fixing their dragons' stats.
Perhaps, but rebalancing should benefit players in some way - directly or indirectly - in itself. Not in forcing new builds or metas for the sake of change, but in improving the coliseum. Getting people to spend 30kt on one of their dragons ever doesn’t do much, even as a treasure sink. Right now, the Coliseum needs to be more engaging, not slower. With more engagement and entertainment, people will become less focused on speed as simply playing has a benefit other than the rewards. The Coliseum needs to be revamped and rebalanced, but in a way that will improve the experience. Currently, there is no reason to sit back and enjoy the flowers, and the update did nothing to remedy that.

Quote:
But that's still treasure being removed from the system and on top of that, according to some players in this very thread, if there is a slight slow down in what they're able to grind that prevents that loot/treasure from being generated in the first place.
There is a slow down, and the Coliseum is as unengaging as ever. Perhaps this slow down will help the economy in the long run, but it has a negative impact on players’ ability/desire to use the Coliseum now. We all know that treasure sinks are needed, but it’s best if they are ones we willingly spend on. Don’t lower income, but encourage players to spend. The Mire isn’t even the best venue to grind items for hoardselling in, and it discourages the most efficient fodder training method. Exalting might introduce a lot of money into the game, but exalting is, in turn, necessary for the site.

Quote:
If you ask me, this is an incredibly minimal shake-up considering Arcane element dragons are still the most viable element for the Mire, meaning nobody even had to train up or buy a new dragon of a different element to continue grinding.
Element matters very little on fodder trainers; you’re not meant to be taking much damage. Having the best element doesn’t do a whole lot, so there wasn’t much potential for people needing new dragons at all.
The devs have no obligation to stick to the existing, player-run metagame, sure... But I'd argue that they do have an obligation to ensure that their game is fun, and I've yet to see anyone actually enjoy this.

The art update and familiars themselves? Fantastic! Gorgeous! Wonderful!

Increasing the grindiness and monotony of one of the site's key features and disrupting what is arguably one of the cornerstones of the game's (actually really stable already) economy? I can't see what benefits this brings at all. It doesn't do much but make things harder for more casual players, or players with wrist/hand/etc. issues who can't afford the extra clicks.
The devs have no obligation to stick to the existing, player-run metagame, sure... But I'd argue that they do have an obligation to ensure that their game is fun, and I've yet to see anyone actually enjoy this.

The art update and familiars themselves? Fantastic! Gorgeous! Wonderful!

Increasing the grindiness and monotony of one of the site's key features and disrupting what is arguably one of the cornerstones of the game's (actually really stable already) economy? I can't see what benefits this brings at all. It doesn't do much but make things harder for more casual players, or players with wrist/hand/etc. issues who can't afford the extra clicks.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
Congratz, you got 50% of what you asked for.
Congratz, you got 50% of what you asked for.
STW9f2s.png
Yup, staff decided to nerf the armadillos which were the main problem.

Salty about wasting two tinctures now, bleh
Yup, staff decided to nerf the armadillos which were the main problem.

Salty about wasting two tinctures now, bleh
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
The armadillos were the only thing most of us were questioning to begin with since it had the stats of a lvl 25 enemy in the only lvl 24 venue so thank you staff on account of players who actually depended on the old builds for reasons that aren’t laziness or whatever people were pretending we were asking for.
The armadillos were the only thing most of us were questioning to begin with since it had the stats of a lvl 25 enemy in the only lvl 24 venue so thank you staff on account of players who actually depended on the old builds for reasons that aren’t laziness or whatever people were pretending we were asking for.
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Ah, nice! Thank you, staff, this is gonna save so many headaches!
Ah, nice! Thank you, staff, this is gonna save so many headaches!
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9