Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nerf health of new toughest Mire enemies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="TheLOAD" date="2021-10-22 21:23:27" ] Unpopular opinion, but no support. The staff and the coliseum are not required to stay stagnant around a build you want to remain perfect, and new challenges and metas should be added to the coliseum. Personally, I want it to be shaken up even more, but I'll take this as a start. [/quote] agreed. no support. the mire wasn't meant to be a fodder training grounds, just a venue like any other. what it evolved into was the choice of the userbase, not the staff. game metas get shaken up all the time; frankly, i was shocked to come back from my five year hiatus and see that my build was still relevant. change is [i]good[/i]. and people are already figuring out build adjustments. rather than demand that staff cater to the meta, the meta should adapt to staff's choices.
TheLOAD wrote on 2021-10-22 21:23:27:
Unpopular opinion, but no support. The staff and the coliseum are not required to stay stagnant around a build you want to remain perfect, and new challenges and metas should be added to the coliseum. Personally, I want it to be shaken up even more, but I'll take this as a start.

agreed. no support. the mire wasn't meant to be a fodder training grounds, just a venue like any other. what it evolved into was the choice of the userbase, not the staff. game metas get shaken up all the time; frankly, i was shocked to come back from my five year hiatus and see that my build was still relevant. change is good. and people are already figuring out build adjustments. rather than demand that staff cater to the meta, the meta should adapt to staff's choices.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="TheLOAD" date="2021-10-22 21:23:27" ] Unpopular opinion, but no support. The staff and the coliseum are not required to stay stagnant around a build you want to remain perfect, and new challenges and metas should be added to the coliseum. Personally, I want it to be shaken up even more, but I'll take this as a start. [/quote] I agree with this. It's getting old that only a handful of builds are being used and coli became so stagnant to a point of being boring. A fresh round of challenges are good for it. Besides, if we really need to nerf anything, we should start with scorched forest as it's very close to the beginning, and it's such a big obstacle for new players who haven't totally get their heads around how coli works. And not something new that adds extra challenges to veterans.
Unpopular opinion, but no support. The staff and the coliseum are not required to stay stagnant around a build you want to remain perfect, and new challenges and metas should be added to the coliseum. Personally, I want it to be shaken up even more, but I'll take this as a start.
I agree with this. It's getting old that only a handful of builds are being used and coli became so stagnant to a point of being boring. A fresh round of challenges are good for it.

Besides, if we really need to nerf anything, we should start with scorched forest as it's very close to the beginning, and it's such a big obstacle for new players who haven't totally get their heads around how coli works. And not something new that adds extra challenges to veterans.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="Viscere" date="2021-10-22 21:02:57" ] I'm not even that mad about the fish but the armadillos??? That's an absurdly high jump for no apparent reason. [/quote] I agree, it's a bit odd for them to be that much higher?
Viscere wrote on 2021-10-22 21:02:57:
I'm not even that mad about the fish but the armadillos??? That's an absurdly high jump for no apparent reason.

I agree, it's a bit odd for them to be that much higher?
OQwOmsS.png
_

she/her
straight
quoiromantic
A link to my skin shop.
A small egg with a galaxy pattern and white hearts on it. It links to the Wholesome Void Hatchery.
_

FR time +1
A link to my Instagram.
A link to my DeviantArt.
A link to my wishlist.
PX2gJ9f.png
No support. After using a 123str/62 qck build, I have found no noticeable difference between that and the 119str/62qck build before the update. It's fine.
No support. After using a 123str/62 qck build, I have found no noticeable difference between that and the 119str/62qck build before the update. It's fine.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="TheLOAD" date="2021-10-22 21:23:27" ] Unpopular opinion, but no support. The staff and the coliseum are not required to stay stagnant around a build you want to remain perfect, and new challenges and metas should be added to the coliseum. Personally, I want it to be shaken up even more, but I'll take this as a start. [/quote] I totally agree that coli deserves to be shaken up with new metas and strategies (and that is of course its own separate can of worms). But unfortunately, changing the mire in this way only restricts the possible builds that can be used in this way. Despite tonight's shakeup, mire is still the best fodder grinding venue- The 119str builds are now the 123str builds, and the result is that many tinctures are bought and the meta stays the same with a few less builds going. The other option is for players to migrate to Ghostlight Ruins or certain level 25 venues where the metas still remain unchanged. If this was truly meta-changing, I would be right on this side of the conversation, but with no other changes this only causes an inconvenience to players.
I totally agree that coli deserves to be shaken up with new metas and strategies (and that is of course its own separate can of worms). But unfortunately, changing the mire in this way only restricts the possible builds that can be used in this way. Despite tonight's shakeup, mire is still the best fodder grinding venue- The 119str builds are now the 123str builds, and the result is that many tinctures are bought and the meta stays the same with a few less builds going. The other option is for players to migrate to Ghostlight Ruins or certain level 25 venues where the metas still remain unchanged.

If this was truly meta-changing, I would be right on this side of the conversation, but with no other changes this only causes an inconvenience to players.
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
Support! I know people are bored of stagnation but some can be good! It makes coli more accessible to people with disabilities or who just plain don't have time, if you want challenge find your own instead of forcing it on other people
Support! I know people are bored of stagnation but some can be good! It makes coli more accessible to people with disabilities or who just plain don't have time, if you want challenge find your own instead of forcing it on other people
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
@Tserin The builds that have been rendered unviable are ones that use rally/elim to OHKO enemies without scratch using str values of 122 or less.
@Tserin The builds that have been rendered unviable are ones that use rally/elim to OHKO enemies without scratch using str values of 122 or less.
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
@Verderagon
I... know? And the 123str/62qck build is exactly as viable as the 119/str/62qck build was before tonight. Which is to say, very viable and not as dramatic and horrible as a change as people are making it out to be.
@Verderagon
I... know? And the 123str/62qck build is exactly as viable as the 119/str/62qck build was before tonight. Which is to say, very viable and not as dramatic and horrible as a change as people are making it out to be.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
full support, for reasons stated above. if staff wanted new builds to become viable they could have added another venue
full support, for reasons stated above. if staff wanted new builds to become viable they could have added another venue
tumblr_p575ucab9X1wvvm88o3_100.png 1vAtYxM.png
eq6zQ9M.png
jt1VeLt.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
please ping me if you're responding!
Gonna jump in with a No Support as well. I train my fodder in the mire and sure, having to change the build is a bit of a hassle, but it's not like it is impossible to train dragons in the mire anymore. [quote name="Tserin" date="2021-10-22 21:38:31" ] Which is to say, very viable and not as dramatic and horrible as a change as people are making it out to be. [/quote] Agreed.
Gonna jump in with a No Support as well.
I train my fodder in the mire and sure, having to change the build is a bit of a hassle, but it's not like it is impossible to train dragons in the mire anymore.
Tserin wrote on 2021-10-22 21:38:31:
Which is to say, very viable and not as dramatic and horrible as a change as people are making it out to be.
Agreed.
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9