Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
Posted these ideas elsewhere but thought I'd better plop them where they can be more easily seen/discussed.

Banescale Tertiary ideas:

Any horn gene. The other ancients have horn-changing genes so banes should hop in on the fun because I think they're cool.

Flaps (my horn gene proposal): give them extra wings along their body similar to the one's they have on their wings already that are at their elbows, but on their faces, legs and all along their bodies. Make them look like spiky toxic babies >:)
Definitely introduce accent colours in some way, maybe like little stained glass decorations (I proposed a prim/sec stained glass gene in the primary suggestion forum, but if that doesn't work then this as a stained glass gene would look great instead)

Armor plating: These bad bois are from fire, they should be able to get suited up! Armor all along back, on legs or shin/ankles, shoulders and the front of the wing, where their hand should be. Rendered two-tones, one main colour in middle, one accent colour around the edge, in diamonds or thereabouts.
Posted these ideas elsewhere but thought I'd better plop them where they can be more easily seen/discussed.

Banescale Tertiary ideas:

Any horn gene. The other ancients have horn-changing genes so banes should hop in on the fun because I think they're cool.

Flaps (my horn gene proposal): give them extra wings along their body similar to the one's they have on their wings already that are at their elbows, but on their faces, legs and all along their bodies. Make them look like spiky toxic babies >:)
Definitely introduce accent colours in some way, maybe like little stained glass decorations (I proposed a prim/sec stained glass gene in the primary suggestion forum, but if that doesn't work then this as a stained glass gene would look great instead)

Armor plating: These bad bois are from fire, they should be able to get suited up! Armor all along back, on legs or shin/ankles, shoulders and the front of the wing, where their hand should be. Rendered two-tones, one main colour in middle, one accent colour around the edge, in diamonds or thereabouts.
DBaZusI.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
I'm just here to beg for the Blep teritary.

So many of us want it so badly.
It needn't break the line art any more than Spines does.

Pose already shows the tongue? Color it.
Pose doesn't? Add a little one.
Matching nails / claws.
Matching inner ears / etc.

Do it for the progens. Do it for the G1s. Do the blep. We beg for blep. Take our money, please.
I'm just here to beg for the Blep teritary.

So many of us want it so badly.
It needn't break the line art any more than Spines does.

Pose already shows the tongue? Color it.
Pose doesn't? Add a little one.
Matching nails / claws.
Matching inner ears / etc.

Do it for the progens. Do it for the G1s. Do the blep. We beg for blep. Take our money, please.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
[quote name="WickedPixie" date="2020-10-30 13:16:56" ] I don't have a specific gene to recommend but I'd just really love having more terts that show accent colors. Peacock and filigree do this but we have very few genes that do and it's really a shame because the accent colors can sometimes save a whole color set on a dragon but theyre hidden away [/quote] I agree with this, filigree and peacock with capsule and opal a close second, are the only consistent genes that show accents. A lot of them don't show large amounts or don't spread it across all of the dragons body so sometimes it can be really frustrating.
WickedPixie wrote on 2020-10-30 13:16:56:
I don't have a specific gene to recommend but I'd just really love having more terts that show accent colors. Peacock and filigree do this but we have very few genes that do and it's really a shame because the accent colors can sometimes save a whole color set on a dragon but theyre hidden away
I agree with this, filigree and peacock with capsule and opal a close second, are the only consistent genes that show accents. A lot of them don't show large amounts or don't spread it across all of the dragons body so sometimes it can be really frustrating.
DBaZusI.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
So here's an idea... how about a piebald/paint type gene called Splotch? Just big patches of tertiary colors, so it looks like the dragon jumped into a puddle of paint?
So here's an idea... how about a piebald/paint type gene called Splotch? Just big patches of tertiary colors, so it looks like the dragon jumped into a puddle of paint?
I'm cleaning up my lair, no hatchery projects atm!
Siamese!

It would just add some gradients to the feet, tail, wingtips, face, and ears/horns/fins, similar to the patterning of siamese cats!

It'd be a really nice gene for folks who don't really like the oddly specific genes, like Filigree, Gembond, Runes, Circuit, etc. Just a simple, neutral, works-with-any-vibe kinda gene!

I might make a mockup in a bit.
Siamese!

It would just add some gradients to the feet, tail, wingtips, face, and ears/horns/fins, similar to the patterning of siamese cats!

It'd be a really nice gene for folks who don't really like the oddly specific genes, like Filigree, Gembond, Runes, Circuit, etc. Just a simple, neutral, works-with-any-vibe kinda gene!

I might make a mockup in a bit.
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
19 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
55235905p.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
*exhales* A flora-based tert for Banescales. Gaolers have Blossom and Veilspuns have Branches and Thorns. My suggestion is not to copy this exactly, but perhaps a line-breaking tert for Banescales that's flowering vines. This, IMO, would increase Banescale popularity which would be a boon to the economy; I don't care for Banes much as things stand right now (I really, really wanted to like them) but I would go NUTS if they had flowering vines, especially ones that used the accent colors with the terts. This would save a lot of bad terts, too.
*exhales* A flora-based tert for Banescales. Gaolers have Blossom and Veilspuns have Branches and Thorns. My suggestion is not to copy this exactly, but perhaps a line-breaking tert for Banescales that's flowering vines. This, IMO, would increase Banescale popularity which would be a boon to the economy; I don't care for Banes much as things stand right now (I really, really wanted to like them) but I would go NUTS if they had flowering vines, especially ones that used the accent colors with the terts. This would save a lot of bad terts, too.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
a sprinkle tert would be really neat since it can help save some unfortunate terts ! plus it would be a godsend to food themed hatcheries
a sprinkle tert would be really neat since it can help save some unfortunate terts ! plus it would be a godsend to food themed hatcheries
sh5xjiu.png
0XHtpWy.png
kI850Ts.png
HJLIYn4.png
mlHpBMC.png
32095602p.png
I don't know if anyone has suggested this before or not, but a Tert that changes the color of horns and claws.
I don't know if anyone has suggested this before or not, but a Tert that changes the color of horns and claws.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Probably the odd one out, but a modified Glimmer for Banescales.

Argument: sure, we have Wraith, and it's probably the most butt-kickingest Tert of the Ancients. But look; Gaolers and Veilspuns have Opal. They don't have Glimmer.

Further, Banes don't have any real "gem/crystal" genes anyway. We have Metallic and Alloy, but that's all. I think something sparkly could be a great mold breaker for Banescales.

We have impressive spines and nice, standalone underbellies. It would be a perfect combination! Even better, what if the spines on the Banes' wings at their elbows could be sparkly as well, making a distinction between Modern Glimmer and whatever the Banescale version would be. It's not like Gaolers and Veilspuns' bellies are easy to see, meaning Opal would make more sense than Glimmer. But Glimmer would make total sense for Banes IMO. I'm sure there are plenty of Accent examples out there but I can't find any like what I'm thinking of. Just imagine their horns, spines, underbelly, and wing-fins on their elbows being sparkly, maybe even more of a texture like Capsule rather than Glimmer's finer texture; make it stand out more. Like Squiggle, only... sparkly.

It's a dumb idea I know. It'd just be so gorgeous, bro.
Probably the odd one out, but a modified Glimmer for Banescales.

Argument: sure, we have Wraith, and it's probably the most butt-kickingest Tert of the Ancients. But look; Gaolers and Veilspuns have Opal. They don't have Glimmer.

Further, Banes don't have any real "gem/crystal" genes anyway. We have Metallic and Alloy, but that's all. I think something sparkly could be a great mold breaker for Banescales.

We have impressive spines and nice, standalone underbellies. It would be a perfect combination! Even better, what if the spines on the Banes' wings at their elbows could be sparkly as well, making a distinction between Modern Glimmer and whatever the Banescale version would be. It's not like Gaolers and Veilspuns' bellies are easy to see, meaning Opal would make more sense than Glimmer. But Glimmer would make total sense for Banes IMO. I'm sure there are plenty of Accent examples out there but I can't find any like what I'm thinking of. Just imagine their horns, spines, underbelly, and wing-fins on their elbows being sparkly, maybe even more of a texture like Capsule rather than Glimmer's finer texture; make it stand out more. Like Squiggle, only... sparkly.

It's a dumb idea I know. It'd just be so gorgeous, bro.
ghKvJeY.gif
lGxHQBZ.gif Ul4BYFb.gif

Most Dragons in Hibden | Forum Game/ Sale Pings are just fine!
Custom Chaos Banescale Hatchery
Hoarding wacky Banes! Help me out by trading me a Banescale
I find myself in desperate need of a belly tertiary gene that isn't so harsh in the edges. This is not good: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=57&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=5&winggene=13&wings=131&auth=3fe0b14a33c5c1ded19a020c78aa3457785989d5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] We need a belly gene that fades to transparent like stained around the edge, for a soft and natural transition to go with the genes that overlap onto the belly like swirl, jaguar etc. It would likely go very nicely with fade/blend. It could be called feathered (because you feather the edges, which is the same as fading and blending) This would be better: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/Pr5RCY54/dragon.png[/img] (done better, ofcourse lol)
I find myself in desperate need of a belly tertiary gene that isn't so harsh in the edges.

This is not good:

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=57&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=5&winggene=13&wings=131&auth=3fe0b14a33c5c1ded19a020c78aa3457785989d5&dummyext=prev.png

We need a belly gene that fades to transparent like stained around the edge, for a soft and natural transition to go with the genes that overlap onto the belly like swirl, jaguar etc. It would likely go very nicely with fade/blend. It could be called feathered (because you feather the edges, which is the same as fading and blending)

This would be better:

dragon.png

(done better, ofcourse lol)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *