Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Boss Rush Venue
1 2 3 4 5 6
Level [s]26[/s] 25 Venue that's basically a challenge mode - Bosses only, featuring all bosses from all venues and maybe 4 bosses exclusive to this venue that are level 25. As it stands I feel a lot of players see bosses as an annoying break from the flow of mindless grinding. Eliminate + rally are the kings of the coliseum we're growing tired of. I feel a venue that's pure boss mayhem would encourage a few things: [LIST] [*] Different team builds. Anticipate would be highly valuable when you know you're up against only bosses. Mages would also be extremely useful. [*] Unique stat loadouts. Dragons focused less on being glass canons for grinding and more on survival. Mixed attackers who focus on outlasting the bosses, healing, and dealing damage over time. Discipline and even the Field Manual could be as useful as an Ambush stone. [*] Just in general, I think it'd be a fun change of pace. [/LIST] I'd also like to see this hypothetical venue being a little to a lot more generous with rare and very rare item drops as well as EXP the longer you're in it. The more bosses you beat in a row, the more likely it is you'll be getting some dang good item drops, not astronomically high odds mind you but... reasonable for the challenge. To compensate for the fact it'd be a very slow venue to be in. I don't know the odds for items from the rarer tables, but 1/500 odds that go as low as 1/100 at a "maximum chain" for getting a gene, an egg, venue exclusive apparel, ect, sounds decent to me? I'd also love to see a counter or leaderboard, mostly for bragging rights and to incentivize competitive players: who can last the longest against consecutive mantarune after borer after terror toad after whatever the level 26 bosses could be. And with it being a boss rush... Imagine the potential for fun venue-exclusive event enemies. Like say, during the elemental festivals, the festival familiar spawns there as a limited time boss, and you get a little currency, a chance at the festival chest, and a chance at the familiar itself. To anyone reading this i'd love to hear your thoughts on this idea! Editing to say I agree with lowering the familiar drop rate to keep the economy from tanking so I edited my post accordingly! Edit 2: There's a lot of support for randomized boss order + all of them being level 25! I'm in support of it too, I think it's the best option. [quote name="phantomwise" date="2021-07-13 13:36:03" ] [snipped] It would be especially cool if a boss venue had recolored or otherwise evolved or mutated versions of existing bosses! [/quote]
Level 26 25 Venue that's basically a challenge mode - Bosses only, featuring all bosses from all venues and maybe 4 bosses exclusive to this venue that are level 25.

As it stands I feel a lot of players see bosses as an annoying break from the flow of mindless grinding. Eliminate + rally are the kings of the coliseum we're growing tired of. I feel a venue that's pure boss mayhem would encourage a few things:
  • Different team builds. Anticipate would be highly valuable when you know you're up against only bosses. Mages would also be extremely useful.
  • Unique stat loadouts. Dragons focused less on being glass canons for grinding and more on survival. Mixed attackers who focus on outlasting the bosses, healing, and dealing damage over time. Discipline and even the Field Manual could be as useful as an Ambush stone.
  • Just in general, I think it'd be a fun change of pace.

I'd also like to see this hypothetical venue being a little to a lot more generous with rare and very rare item drops as well as EXP the longer you're in it. The more bosses you beat in a row, the more likely it is you'll be getting some dang good item drops, not astronomically high odds mind you but... reasonable for the challenge. To compensate for the fact it'd be a very slow venue to be in.

I don't know the odds for items from the rarer tables, but 1/500 odds that go as low as 1/100 at a "maximum chain" for getting a gene, an egg, venue exclusive apparel, ect, sounds decent to me?

I'd also love to see a counter or leaderboard, mostly for bragging rights and to incentivize competitive players: who can last the longest against consecutive mantarune after borer after terror toad after whatever the level 26 bosses could be.

And with it being a boss rush... Imagine the potential for fun venue-exclusive event enemies. Like say, during the elemental festivals, the festival familiar spawns there as a limited time boss, and you get a little currency, a chance at the festival chest, and a chance at the familiar itself.

To anyone reading this i'd love to hear your thoughts on this idea!

Editing to say I agree with lowering the familiar drop rate to keep the economy from tanking so I edited my post accordingly!

Edit 2: There's a lot of support for randomized boss order + all of them being level 25! I'm in support of it too, I think it's the best option.
phantomwise wrote on 2021-07-13 13:36:03:
[snipped] It would be especially cool if a boss venue had recolored or otherwise evolved or mutated versions of existing bosses!
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
Support!

I'd like to see more randomization overall, rather than a strict boss-in-order, but that's just me, and "in order" fits better with the idea of a boss rush, though it would get very predictable very quickly, and randomization is (unfortunately) one of the reasons the Coli even sort of functions

If bosses are "in order", I'd like to see them appear at their base level first, an then jump to 25.
If bosses are in random order, I'm strongly in favor of a strict 25.
That said: I'd personally greatly prefer for the level to be 25 rather than 26. We already have the Workshop and Portal for challenges for level 25 dragons.

I'd kill for higher drop rates in general, myself, but especially for a boss rush. High Risk, High Reward. If it's just the standard drop rates, then I'd honestly prefer to go grind the Mire with fodder, because that'd be much more worth my time.
Support!

I'd like to see more randomization overall, rather than a strict boss-in-order, but that's just me, and "in order" fits better with the idea of a boss rush, though it would get very predictable very quickly, and randomization is (unfortunately) one of the reasons the Coli even sort of functions

If bosses are "in order", I'd like to see them appear at their base level first, an then jump to 25.
If bosses are in random order, I'm strongly in favor of a strict 25.
That said: I'd personally greatly prefer for the level to be 25 rather than 26. We already have the Workshop and Portal for challenges for level 25 dragons.

I'd kill for higher drop rates in general, myself, but especially for a boss rush. High Risk, High Reward. If it's just the standard drop rates, then I'd honestly prefer to go grind the Mire with fodder, because that'd be much more worth my time.
#UnnamedIsValid
My pronouns are xe/xim/xir/xirself.
Wishlist on the dragon
61671499.png Dragon Purchase Preference Poll
Closes 12:01 server time. Sept 1st.
Yes please, please, please!!
Yes please, please, please!!
Oh my god yes, so much support! Can’t believe this hasn’t come up before. Probably about the same difficulty for the staff as coding a new venue.
Oh my god yes, so much support! Can’t believe this hasn’t come up before. Probably about the same difficulty for the staff as coding a new venue.
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
this would be great, as im often ONLY in the coli for the bosses - ive got most other coli fams already and want those rare boss drops ;u;
this would be great, as im often ONLY in the coli for the bosses - ive got most other coli fams already and want those rare boss drops ;u;
a97e852d483a01bf2bb347e362a63656a3fb004b.png
Massive support, I’d love an excuse for new sets to become viable. Also a change of pace in the coli would be amazing.
Massive support, I’d love an excuse for new sets to become viable. Also a change of pace in the coli would be amazing.
Amazing idea.
Amazing idea.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support! A boss-only venue would be difficult, but fun for many users!
Support! A boss-only venue would be difficult, but fun for many users!
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
This sounds likea really fun idea, support!
This sounds likea really fun idea, support!
jt3PpxV.png
Support! This sounds like it would be a fun idea and a great change of pace from regular coli grinding
Support! This sounds like it would be a fun idea and a great change of pace from regular coli grinding
seGmw74.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6