Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Boss Rush Venue
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support! Even those who don't want to participate in it just don't have to, so I don't see any negatives to having it.
Support! Even those who don't want to participate in it just don't have to, so I don't see any negatives to having it.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
love this idea. shakes up the coli a little bit for those of us bored of the norm! it's also a good challenge/option for those who don't want to participate in the future pvp, also
love this idea. shakes up the coli a little bit for those of us bored of the norm! it's also a good challenge/option for those who don't want to participate in the future pvp, also
yzUX307.png
Support! I think this would also be a great time to bring up brewing health potions, as they're likely to increase in necessity for a venue that's all bosses.
Also love the idea of the leader board ooft!
Support! I think this would also be a great time to bring up brewing health potions, as they're likely to increase in necessity for a venue that's all bosses.
Also love the idea of the leader board ooft!
Tst6O5g.png > she/her

> FR +17

> Orp0pZe.pngWTUdL1E.png
my only reservation, depending on how this is handled, is the potential for this to pretty much tank the value of any boss familiars, existing and future, because players can be guaranteed to encounter them and would soon have specific strategies to defeat them.

One reason why boss familiars are so rare right now is partly because they are randomized so they don't always show up and the various bosses are in different venues.

Putting all the bosses into a single place, with a guaranteed 'they are going to show up', especially with a higher incident of boss drops, would mean it would be much easier to 'farm' those bosses.

The thing about the coliseum is it is fairly predictible, Unless the bosses had vastly different attacks so that one dragon team would be great against one, but be shredded by another, there will soon be strategies out there that min/max the stats needed, give the attacks needed and when to do it.

This means that for many, if not most people who would go into the venue, it is going to be virtually just like any other, albeit maybe taking just a bit longer than a regular venue, but still pretty 'simple' to beat once you know what the bosses are likely to use and how to defeat them.

(I have seen this on other sites with 'bosses'. Other games as well. AIs tend to be relatively simplistic in many games, and so it soon becomes a simple matter of 'if the boss is X, then it will do Y, and when it does Z do A'.)

If all bosses are leveled to 25, then it might be a bit better, but I still feel that drops should remain as they are, rather than be upped. Even then, I could still see boss drops deflating faster because people can more reliably encounter said bosses and again, would soon figure out the best strategies to defeat them.

Edit: not saying no support to the idea, just saying that I feel that the loot has to be thought about carefully to not devalue one of the few remaining 'valuable' things from the coliseum. Most things deflate quickly due to how many people can grind those venues, and bosses deflate much slower because they are harder to defeat, and randomized whether someone is going to encounter them.

If there is always a progression of 'okay, you start with this boss and work your way up' it would be guaranteed that bosses would be encountered, while randomizing it would help with the aspect of 'okay, you aren't always going to encounter this specific boss' so that those items won't devalue as quickly.
my only reservation, depending on how this is handled, is the potential for this to pretty much tank the value of any boss familiars, existing and future, because players can be guaranteed to encounter them and would soon have specific strategies to defeat them.

One reason why boss familiars are so rare right now is partly because they are randomized so they don't always show up and the various bosses are in different venues.

Putting all the bosses into a single place, with a guaranteed 'they are going to show up', especially with a higher incident of boss drops, would mean it would be much easier to 'farm' those bosses.

The thing about the coliseum is it is fairly predictible, Unless the bosses had vastly different attacks so that one dragon team would be great against one, but be shredded by another, there will soon be strategies out there that min/max the stats needed, give the attacks needed and when to do it.

This means that for many, if not most people who would go into the venue, it is going to be virtually just like any other, albeit maybe taking just a bit longer than a regular venue, but still pretty 'simple' to beat once you know what the bosses are likely to use and how to defeat them.

(I have seen this on other sites with 'bosses'. Other games as well. AIs tend to be relatively simplistic in many games, and so it soon becomes a simple matter of 'if the boss is X, then it will do Y, and when it does Z do A'.)

If all bosses are leveled to 25, then it might be a bit better, but I still feel that drops should remain as they are, rather than be upped. Even then, I could still see boss drops deflating faster because people can more reliably encounter said bosses and again, would soon figure out the best strategies to defeat them.

Edit: not saying no support to the idea, just saying that I feel that the loot has to be thought about carefully to not devalue one of the few remaining 'valuable' things from the coliseum. Most things deflate quickly due to how many people can grind those venues, and bosses deflate much slower because they are harder to defeat, and randomized whether someone is going to encounter them.

If there is always a progression of 'okay, you start with this boss and work your way up' it would be guaranteed that bosses would be encountered, while randomizing it would help with the aspect of 'okay, you aren't always going to encounter this specific boss' so that those items won't devalue as quickly.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
As I think current freguensy of bosses in coli great lower than 1/26 waves.
In that case seems it affect drastically on market.
But maybe it is the point what TS want and that's why they offer it.
As I think current freguensy of bosses in coli great lower than 1/26 waves.
In that case seems it affect drastically on market.
But maybe it is the point what TS want and that's why they offer it.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Yes please! Great idea.

Quick addition: Perhaps lower familiar drop rates a bit for the venue? Just to keep the economy from tanking.
Yes please! Great idea.

Quick addition: Perhaps lower familiar drop rates a bit for the venue? Just to keep the economy from tanking.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
I like the idea of Lowering the drop rate in the new venue, since they are guaranteed to show up at one point or another.
I like the idea of Lowering the drop rate in the new venue, since they are guaranteed to show up at one point or another.
[quote name="Oggdo" date="2021-07-09 17:17:43" ] Yes please! Great idea. Quick addition: Perhaps lower familiar drop rates a bit for the venue? Just to keep the economy from tanking. [/quote] I like this solution. Set the familiar drop rate much lower, while boosting the rates of the other "rare/very rare" drops.
Oggdo wrote on 2021-07-09 17:17:43:
Yes please! Great idea.

I like this solution. Set the familiar drop rate much lower, while boosting the rates of the other "rare/very rare" drops.
#UnnamedIsValid
My pronouns are xe/xim/xir/xirself.
Wishlist on the dragon
61671499.png Dragon Purchase Preference Poll
Closes 12:01 server time. Sept 1st.
[quote name="KitsuneXIII" date="2021-07-09 17:50:42" ] [quote name="Oggdo" date="2021-07-09 17:17:43" ] Yes please! Great idea. Quick addition: Perhaps lower familiar drop rates a bit for the venue? Just to keep the economy from tanking. [/quote] I like this solution. Set the familiar drop rate much lower, while boosting the rates of the other "rare/very rare" drops. [/quote] Agreed! Edited my post accordingly ^^
KitsuneXIII wrote on 2021-07-09 17:50:42:
Oggdo wrote on 2021-07-09 17:17:43:
Yes please! Great idea.

I like this solution. Set the familiar drop rate much lower, while boosting the rates of the other "rare/very rare" drops.

Agreed! Edited my post accordingly ^^
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
This is such a cool idea, support!
This is such a cool idea, support!
66.png
1 2 3 4 5 6