Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | rename eye-change vials to the eye type
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
i just searched the game database for "dark sclera" and briefly panicked because no results means there's no dark sclera item, which means it's not obtainable.

fortunately, someone helpfully pointed me to baldwin, where i can make a "vial of darkened sight".

not a vial of dark sclera.

this isn't the first time this has happened, either. some eye type names differ enough from their vial name that it can make figuring out what the vial for that eye type is called a challenge. i shouldn't have to just remember them all, or rely on someone else to remember for me.

like gene scrolls, i should be able to extract the information i need - the name of the item - from the scrying workshop: the name of the eye type itself.

sure, currently i can search the db for "vial" and figure out which one i need from there, but that will get more cumbersome as more eye types are added.

please change these items now to follow the familiar formula.
  • vial of tempered sight  >  eye type: common
  • vial of darkened sight  >  eye type: dark sclera
  • vial of hypnotic sight  >  eye type: swirl
  • vial of horizontal sight  >  eye type: goat
  • vial of naievety  >  eye type: innocent
  • vial of fractal sight  >  eye type: faceted
  • vial of brilliant sight > eye type: bright
  • vial of soft sight  >  eye type: pastel
  • vial of disjointed sight  >  eye type: multigaze
  • vial of elemental sight  >  eye type: primal

uncommon, unusual, rare, and glowing at least have those words in the item name

follows the pattern of gene change scrolls, and makes it possible to search for the item by searching for the desired eye type.

edit: in response to someone saying they use this thread to find out the names of eye vials, i figured i'd make it easier for them.
i just searched the game database for "dark sclera" and briefly panicked because no results means there's no dark sclera item, which means it's not obtainable.

fortunately, someone helpfully pointed me to baldwin, where i can make a "vial of darkened sight".

not a vial of dark sclera.

this isn't the first time this has happened, either. some eye type names differ enough from their vial name that it can make figuring out what the vial for that eye type is called a challenge. i shouldn't have to just remember them all, or rely on someone else to remember for me.

like gene scrolls, i should be able to extract the information i need - the name of the item - from the scrying workshop: the name of the eye type itself.

sure, currently i can search the db for "vial" and figure out which one i need from there, but that will get more cumbersome as more eye types are added.

please change these items now to follow the familiar formula.
  • vial of tempered sight  >  eye type: common
  • vial of darkened sight  >  eye type: dark sclera
  • vial of hypnotic sight  >  eye type: swirl
  • vial of horizontal sight  >  eye type: goat
  • vial of naievety  >  eye type: innocent
  • vial of fractal sight  >  eye type: faceted
  • vial of brilliant sight > eye type: bright
  • vial of soft sight  >  eye type: pastel
  • vial of disjointed sight  >  eye type: multigaze
  • vial of elemental sight  >  eye type: primal

uncommon, unusual, rare, and glowing at least have those words in the item name

follows the pattern of gene change scrolls, and makes it possible to search for the item by searching for the desired eye type.

edit: in response to someone saying they use this thread to find out the names of eye vials, i figured i'd make it easier for them.
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
Support. Consistency is good. Though I think they should remain named vials, something like "Eye Vial: Swirl" or "Vial: Dark Sclera Sight"
Support. Consistency is good. Though I think they should remain named vials, something like "Eye Vial: Swirl" or "Vial: Dark Sclera Sight"
Support! It’s always been weird to me that the vials (bar Glowing) aren’t named after their eye types. Like you said, sure, I can go to the database or AH, type in “vial”, and sift through the results, but... It would be so much simpler if the vial for Innocent eyes was called “Vial of Innocent Sight” or “Eye type: Innocent” instead of “Vial of Naivety”.

Additionally, I imagine this could be confusing for new players? Like, if I were a newbie looking to get Swirl eyes for my dragon, I wouldn’t think to search “Hypnotic” in the AH. If I didn’t think to search “vial” in the database either, I’d probably just assume that Swirl vials don’t exist.
Support! It’s always been weird to me that the vials (bar Glowing) aren’t named after their eye types. Like you said, sure, I can go to the database or AH, type in “vial”, and sift through the results, but... It would be so much simpler if the vial for Innocent eyes was called “Vial of Innocent Sight” or “Eye type: Innocent” instead of “Vial of Naivety”.

Additionally, I imagine this could be confusing for new players? Like, if I were a newbie looking to get Swirl eyes for my dragon, I wouldn’t think to search “Hypnotic” in the AH. If I didn’t think to search “vial” in the database either, I’d probably just assume that Swirl vials don’t exist.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support, I always mess it up when going to make dark sclera.
Support, I always mess it up when going to make dark sclera.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Support, this seems to make more sense when trying to find them in different areas of the site.
Support, this seems to make more sense when trying to find them in different areas of the site.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Support. It's difficult to remember the names that don't reflect the actual eye type.
Support. It's difficult to remember the names that don't reflect the actual eye type.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
i'm pretty good at remembering it's called darkened sight, but vial of naivety???? really??

support.
i'm pretty good at remembering it's called darkened sight, but vial of naivety???? really??

support.
Support. It's good to be consistent. I feel that should be for common and basic genes too.

"Vial of Common Sight" for example.
"Primary Gene: Basic" to match genes.
Support. It's good to be consistent. I feel that should be for common and basic genes too.

Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-04-19 09:38:59" ] Support. It's good to be consistent. I feel that should be for common and basic genes too. "Vial of Common Sight" for example. "Primary Gene: Basic" to match genes. [/quote] Well said I’m not a fan of the “remove genes” scrolls because it implies that basic is not a real gene and can give the impression that you need to remove the gene to change it. The same would be true of a remove eye type vial
gemajgall wrote on 2021-04-19 09:38:59:

Well said I’m not a fan of the “remove genes” scrolls because it implies that basic is not a real gene and can give the impression that you need to remove the gene to change it. The same would be true of a remove eye type vial
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I'd like this change. Imagine if genes also used the same naming system of eye vials :P "Gene of spotted hide" etc.
I'd like this change. Imagine if genes also used the same naming system of eye vials :P "Gene of spotted hide" etc.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18