Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scroll of Remove Silhouette Toggle
1 2 3 4 5 6
We have scrolls to remove the permababy effect, I think it would be a good idea to include a scroll to remove the effect of the Silhouette toggle (aka remove functionality and therefore remove the icon that shows up underneath the dragon)

Why? Simple: Some people don't like the extra icon under the dragon in their lair, and might be put off from buying a dragon they otherwise liked. This may also prevent people from applying the effect to their own dragons for fear of affecting resale value. Right now people who may be put off from buying a permababy can just use a Scroll of Maturity, but there's no option for those who may be put off from buying a Silhouette'd dragon. If it can be done, it should be able to be undone.

How? A cheap treasure marketplace scroll, similar in price to a scroll of renaming The Silhouette Toggle is expensive, so I don't feel like it would be fair to also make it expensive to remove. But I do think it should require an item purchase so that someone can't accidentally undo a 400g effect by misclicking in settings. NEVERMIND, make it expensive, go ahead. I would like it to be a very expensive treasure marketplace item just to add another treasure sink, but gems would be fine.

(Alternative idea: The ability to remove the icon as long as the dragon is not up for auction/being offered in crossroads)
We have scrolls to remove the permababy effect, I think it would be a good idea to include a scroll to remove the effect of the Silhouette toggle (aka remove functionality and therefore remove the icon that shows up underneath the dragon)

Why? Simple: Some people don't like the extra icon under the dragon in their lair, and might be put off from buying a dragon they otherwise liked. This may also prevent people from applying the effect to their own dragons for fear of affecting resale value. Right now people who may be put off from buying a permababy can just use a Scroll of Maturity, but there's no option for those who may be put off from buying a Silhouette'd dragon. If it can be done, it should be able to be undone.

How? A cheap treasure marketplace scroll, similar in price to a scroll of renaming The Silhouette Toggle is expensive, so I don't feel like it would be fair to also make it expensive to remove. But I do think it should require an item purchase so that someone can't accidentally undo a 400g effect by misclicking in settings. NEVERMIND, make it expensive, go ahead. I would like it to be a very expensive treasure marketplace item just to add another treasure sink, but gems would be fine.

(Alternative idea: The ability to remove the icon as long as the dragon is not up for auction/being offered in crossroads)
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
No support.

Permababies are unable to do certain things - wear apparel, fight in the coli, use skins.

Silhouette dragons...have an extra icon. Just...don't buy Silhouette dragons, as it's not heriditary. Or, ad-block the icon.

If the option exists despite me not agreeing with it, it shouldn't be a "cheap marketplace option." It should have the same price ratio as the Scroll of Maturity - 225 gems being the estimate; given that Silhouette is 400 gems.

No support.

Permababies are unable to do certain things - wear apparel, fight in the coli, use skins.

Silhouette dragons...have an extra icon. Just...don't buy Silhouette dragons, as it's not heriditary. Or, ad-block the icon.

If the option exists despite me not agreeing with it, it shouldn't be a "cheap marketplace option." It should have the same price ratio as the Scroll of Maturity - 225 gems being the estimate; given that Silhouette is 400 gems.

[quote]If the option exists despite me not agreeing with it, it shouldn't be a "cheap marketplace option." It should have the same price ratio as the Scroll of Maturity - 225 gems being the estimate; given that Silhouette is 400 gems.[/quote] But presumably the only thing a silhouette removal scroll would do is remove the toggle. The scroll of maturity can be used on non-permababy babies, can't it? Basically getting an adult dragon immediately rather than waiting. What I'm saying is, this scroll would have an even more limited function, and so should definitely not cost as much should it be implemented.
Quote:
But presumably the only thing a silhouette removal scroll would do is remove the toggle. The scroll of maturity can be used on non-permababy babies, can't it? Basically getting an adult dragon immediately rather than waiting.

What I'm saying is, this scroll would have an even more limited function, and so should definitely not cost as much should it be implemented.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
No support. It's an icon.
No support. It's an icon.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No support. As said above the only difference is a single icon. If it's genuinely bothering people I could support changing the icon (or as Corviknight suggests it's pretty easily adblocked), but unlike with permababies there's no functional downside to having the silhouette on a dragon.
No support. As said above the only difference is a single icon. If it's genuinely bothering people I could support changing the icon (or as Corviknight suggests it's pretty easily adblocked), but unlike with permababies there's no functional downside to having the silhouette on a dragon.
wq9PoXA.png
Support. If there's a way to do it there should be a way to undo it.
Support. If there's a way to do it there should be a way to undo it.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
Support. Besides scatter scrolls, any scroll/vial you can use on a dragon, you can also take off. I see no harm in having an item that does this. It'd definitely be very niche but so are a lot of things.
Support. Besides scatter scrolls, any scroll/vial you can use on a dragon, you can also take off. I see no harm in having an item that does this. It'd definitely be very niche but so are a lot of things.
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
No support, I just dont see a need for this. I agree with what everyone else has said.
Gem shop items are supposed to be functional or earn the site money (hopefully both), I dont see a lot of users using this at all. Its not any different than level 25 dragons on the AH, you cant revert them back to level 1 either (tho if im being honest I can see more interest in a level reset item, than this).
Tbh id much rather staff focus on other new features, breeds, etc. than removing functionality that was already paid for by someone else.

Also give it a chance, the feature just came out. Not only can silhouette dragons be avoided (AH has a setting to exclude them) but like with every new feature it'll become more normal/blend in with the site as time goes on and you get used to it being there.
No support, I just dont see a need for this. I agree with what everyone else has said.
Gem shop items are supposed to be functional or earn the site money (hopefully both), I dont see a lot of users using this at all. Its not any different than level 25 dragons on the AH, you cant revert them back to level 1 either (tho if im being honest I can see more interest in a level reset item, than this).
Tbh id much rather staff focus on other new features, breeds, etc. than removing functionality that was already paid for by someone else.

Also give it a chance, the feature just came out. Not only can silhouette dragons be avoided (AH has a setting to exclude them) but like with every new feature it'll become more normal/blend in with the site as time goes on and you get used to it being there.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
Personally, while I wouldn't mind if this were a thing, I feel a better thing would be is to make the toggle icon show ONLY when the dragon is actually pose changed, and somewhere on the dragon's page, have an indicator that the dragon has had the scroll applied.

That way if you are looking through a lair, you can easily see which dragons are not using the pose that matches their mechanical sex, and those that want a dragon but do not want the icon can simply toggle the dragon to do so and it wouldn't show up.
Personally, while I wouldn't mind if this were a thing, I feel a better thing would be is to make the toggle icon show ONLY when the dragon is actually pose changed, and somewhere on the dragon's page, have an indicator that the dragon has had the scroll applied.

That way if you are looking through a lair, you can easily see which dragons are not using the pose that matches their mechanical sex, and those that want a dragon but do not want the icon can simply toggle the dragon to do so and it wouldn't show up.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
tbh as much as I don't mind the concept at all, the reason I don't support is that it's literally 1 tiny icon. I don't think making a new item with new art, a description, and implementing it (along with even making it possible to remove in the first place in the backend coding) is worth it for an item very few people will use to remove an icon for a feature they're not forced to use. If it's really that bad to look at that you would pay money to remove it, this is something that is better just adblocked on the user side imo.
tbh as much as I don't mind the concept at all, the reason I don't support is that it's literally 1 tiny icon. I don't think making a new item with new art, a description, and implementing it (along with even making it possible to remove in the first place in the backend coding) is worth it for an item very few people will use to remove an icon for a feature they're not forced to use. If it's really that bad to look at that you would pay money to remove it, this is something that is better just adblocked on the user side imo.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2 3 4 5 6