Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scroll of Remove Silhouette Toggle
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Jemadar I think thats actually a brilliant middleground with this.

My issue with the suggestion is paying for an item to remove functionality from a dragon. If hiding the icon is something available from the start and included in the silhouette scroll, that fixes any issue with an extra icon while still allowing that dragon (if sold) to retain that expensive perk of using both poses.
@Jemadar I think thats actually a brilliant middleground with this.

My issue with the suggestion is paying for an item to remove functionality from a dragon. If hiding the icon is something available from the start and included in the silhouette scroll, that fixes any issue with an extra icon while still allowing that dragon (if sold) to retain that expensive perk of using both poses.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
No support, after having a silhouette scrolled dragon for long enough it'll feel nearly invisible, just like dragons with fams. If it is that much of a bother people can block the image using their preferred image blocker.
No support, after having a silhouette scrolled dragon for long enough it'll feel nearly invisible, just like dragons with fams. If it is that much of a bother people can block the image using their preferred image blocker.
@Stormfly

Thanks. I just don't like that the icon doesn't indicate the dragon is currently pose changed, but rather just that it has had the scroll applied.
@Stormfly

Thanks. I just don't like that the icon doesn't indicate the dragon is currently pose changed, but rather just that it has had the scroll applied.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-09-17 18:53:16" ] Stormfly Thanks. I just don't like that the icon doesn't indicate the dragon is currently pose changed, but rather just that it has had the scroll applied. [/quote] Hard disagree tbh. It's nice knowing that the toggle exists, even if it's inactive. Remember, the toggle HAS to be off to list the dragon in the AH. Not having the icon on at all times would make it harder for silhouette sellers.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-09-17 18:53:16:
Stormfly

Hard disagree tbh. It's nice knowing that the toggle exists, even if it's inactive.

Remember, the toggle HAS to be off to list the dragon in the AH. Not having the icon on at all times would make it harder for silhouette sellers.
I like the middle ground- maybe the icon doesn't show on the dragon's page if it's not toggled on, but would show on the AH? Or could be toggled off in Account Settings?

...but, even on a dragon it's inactive on, the icon serves the purpose of saying that flip-flopping is something that dragon can do... so I dunno, maybe there'd be use of an item to take it off. Maybe 100g? If it's that much of a problem, might as well be gem.
I like the middle ground- maybe the icon doesn't show on the dragon's page if it's not toggled on, but would show on the AH? Or could be toggled off in Account Settings?

...but, even on a dragon it's inactive on, the icon serves the purpose of saying that flip-flopping is something that dragon can do... so I dunno, maybe there'd be use of an item to take it off. Maybe 100g? If it's that much of a problem, might as well be gem.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2020-09-17 22:09:23" ] I like the middle ground- maybe the icon doesn't show on the dragon's page if it's not toggled on, but would show on the AH? Or could be toggled off in Account Settings? ...but, even on a dragon it's inactive on, the icon serves the purpose of saying that flip-flopping is something that dragon can do... so I dunno, maybe there'd be use of an item to take it off. Maybe 100g? If it's that much of a problem, might as well be gem. [/quote] That is why I said the icon would remain on the dragon page itself, and perhaps in the AH, but wouldn't necessarily have to show in the lair view.
Renaiwom wrote on 2020-09-17 22:09:23:

That is why I said the icon would remain on the dragon page itself, and perhaps in the AH, but wouldn't necessarily have to show in the lair view.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
i'm actually going to say support on this one

like. i know it'll 10000% be less-purchased than even maturity scrolls are. but if the option to put it on exists, the option to remove it prolly ought to exist. same as every other scroll.

i want glowy eyes on a dragon for 2 days, i can change my mind and strip it.

i want my permababies to grow up, i can change my mind and strip it.

i want my dragons' genes to go back to basic, i can strip them.

it's an aesthetic option on the dragon, and all the other aesthetic options can be reverted somehow. even if i don't really know WHY someone would want to essentially lower the value of their dragon, it's their dragon. people probably wonder why i made some of the choices i made with mine, making imps into faes and permababying dozens of them so that they're p much worthless to anyone but me. it's all subjective.
i'm actually going to say support on this one

like. i know it'll 10000% be less-purchased than even maturity scrolls are. but if the option to put it on exists, the option to remove it prolly ought to exist. same as every other scroll.

it's an aesthetic option on the dragon, and all the other aesthetic options can be reverted somehow. even if i don't really know WHY someone would want to essentially lower the value of their dragon, it's their dragon. people probably wonder why i made some of the choices i made with mine, making imps into faes and permababying dozens of them so that they're p much worthless to anyone but me. it's all subjective.
I'm not against the idea of a scroll to remove it, it does feel like a poor use of staff resources but I don't really care in the end. However, I do want to say: I'm against the idea that the icon disappears if the dragon isn't pose-switched. I like the icon and I have it on a dragon that is not currently pose-switched, and would be terribly disappointed if such a thing was implemented and the icon didn't show. It's niche, but part of the reason I bought the scroll was for the icon. Just wanted to put it out there that people like me exist. [emoji=ridgeback tongue size=1]
I'm not against the idea of a scroll to remove it, it does feel like a poor use of staff resources but I don't really care in the end.

However, I do want to say: I'm against the idea that the icon disappears if the dragon isn't pose-switched. I like the icon and I have it on a dragon that is not currently pose-switched, and would be terribly disappointed if such a thing was implemented and the icon didn't show. It's niche, but part of the reason I bought the scroll was for the icon. Just wanted to put it out there that people like me exist.
MdXUaPI.png ePOliyb.png
92n1dwB.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
T429jqB.pngT429jqB.png Be careful typing my username
for pings: there are two o's!

He/They
[quote name="cantrip" date="2020-09-17 22:34:53" ]i want glowy eyes on a dragon for 2 days, i can change my mind and strip it. i want my permababies to grow up, i can change my mind and strip it. i want my dragons' genes to go back to basic, i can strip them.[/quote] ... and if you want your dragon to revert back to their original pose, you can just toggle it and they'll look like they did before the scroll was used. Alternatively, if the icon is really a big enough problem for enough people, maybe there could be an account setting that lets you hide the icon if a dragon isn't currently pose-swapped, though it would only hide it on your end, meaning people who want to see that information still can. Not sure how feasible it is code-wise, but if possible it'd imo be a much better solution than to remove the toggle. (Though I wouldn't necessarily want that setting either - this is just a 'if something has to be done, I think it'd be better to do this instead' thing. I agree that, given some time, it'll likely stop bothering most people)
cantrip wrote on 2020-09-17 22:34:53:

... and if you want your dragon to revert back to their original pose, you can just toggle it and they'll look like they did before the scroll was used.

Alternatively, if the icon is really a big enough problem for enough people, maybe there could be an account setting that lets you hide the icon if a dragon isn't currently pose-swapped, though it would only hide it on your end, meaning people who want to see that information still can.

Not sure how feasible it is code-wise, but if possible it'd imo be a much better solution than to remove the toggle. (Though I wouldn't necessarily want that setting either - this is just a 'if something has to be done, I think it'd be better to do this instead' thing. I agree that, given some time, it'll likely stop bothering most people)
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

skits_achievement_by_starfruit_anon-dbnbwsb.png
Make your own Dragon Skits over here!
I honestly see no harm to having this. I do think it should cost gems, and I do not think it will be a big seller. But for those that dislike the icon, why not give them an option to remove it?

Rather than putting effort into coding a feature that would allow the icon to be hidden it makes more sense to me for staff to create an item that they can potentially make some money off of.
I honestly see no harm to having this. I do think it should cost gems, and I do not think it will be a big seller. But for those that dislike the icon, why not give them an option to remove it?

Rather than putting effort into coding a feature that would allow the icon to be hidden it makes more sense to me for staff to create an item that they can potentially make some money off of.
ZQGfAQY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6