Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scroll of Remove Silhouette Toggle
1 2 3 4 5 6
I just want the icon to be removed tbh :v They decided to have it be a permanent thing, fine, but all other icons are removeable.
I just want the icon to be removed tbh :v They decided to have it be a permanent thing, fine, but all other icons are removeable.
I'm personally fond of the idea of "Account option to toggle it off", if people have to have something. I mean, if the icon bothers someone universally, this would be the best option, really. With maybe varied levels?

1. Don't see the icon anywhere. If you buy a dragon with it, too bad for you, I guess?
2. Don't see it when the dragon isn't pose-switched.
3. Don't see the icon on dragons in your own lair.
4. Combination of 2 and 3.

That's my two cents on the matter. Personally, I don't think it's really an issue. But I guess there's always people who'll have an issue with anything. I probably have issues with seemingly dumb things, after all.

Edit: I remembered a bit I forgot to add, which is that a Removal Scroll of some variety would either need to be able to definitely switch the dragon back to their default pose, or can only be used when the dragon has the toggle off. Which is extra programming shenanigans.
I'm personally fond of the idea of "Account option to toggle it off", if people have to have something. I mean, if the icon bothers someone universally, this would be the best option, really. With maybe varied levels?

1. Don't see the icon anywhere. If you buy a dragon with it, too bad for you, I guess?
2. Don't see it when the dragon isn't pose-switched.
3. Don't see the icon on dragons in your own lair.
4. Combination of 2 and 3.

That's my two cents on the matter. Personally, I don't think it's really an issue. But I guess there's always people who'll have an issue with anything. I probably have issues with seemingly dumb things, after all.

Edit: I remembered a bit I forgot to add, which is that a Removal Scroll of some variety would either need to be able to definitely switch the dragon back to their default pose, or can only be used when the dragon has the toggle off. Which is extra programming shenanigans.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
[quote name="pfvupl" date="2020-09-18 09:27:35" ] I just want the icon to be removed tbh :v They decided to have it be a permanent thing, fine, but all other icons are removeable. [/quote] Yeah my thoughts pretty much. Permababies get icons, but if it bothers you that they're permababies and have the icon you can remove it and have them grow up. I just don't like stuff that's permanent [i]and[/i] irreversible. Special eyes can be reverted to common eyes, permababies can be reverted to adults, I think the option should be available to remove the toggle too, by some means or method. Especially when it might affect resale value or something like that. I don't like items/features being implemented that would require lots of work when they are only desired by a few. [b]However[/b], in this case I would think it wouldn't be that hard to code an item that just reverses what happens when the Silhouette scroll is applied. I assume it would essentially just revert it (the code) to exactly how it was before without anything crazy going on.
pfvupl wrote on 2020-09-18 09:27:35:

Yeah my thoughts pretty much. Permababies get icons, but if it bothers you that they're permababies and have the icon you can remove it and have them grow up. I just don't like stuff that's permanent and irreversible. Special eyes can be reverted to common eyes, permababies can be reverted to adults, I think the option should be available to remove the toggle too, by some means or method. Especially when it might affect resale value or something like that.

I don't like items/features being implemented that would require lots of work when they are only desired by a few. However, in this case I would think it wouldn't be that hard to code an item that just reverses what happens when the Silhouette scroll is applied. I assume it would essentially just revert it (the code) to exactly how it was before without anything crazy going on.
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
I'm not buying any dragons with the icon because it looks off when viewing with other dragons that don't have it.

Example I have a row of G1 dragons that are all unbred and dressed nicely in a theme. One has the icon. It'll stick out like a sore thumb and there is no way I can remove it off that dragon.

We should be able to remove it even if it's more $$$ to do so.
I'm not buying any dragons with the icon because it looks off when viewing with other dragons that don't have it.

Example I have a row of G1 dragons that are all unbred and dressed nicely in a theme. One has the icon. It'll stick out like a sore thumb and there is no way I can remove it off that dragon.

We should be able to remove it even if it's more $$$ to do so.
siggy.png
Huh, I didnt expect this suggestion to have so much "no support" comments, it seems innocent enough to me :/

Anyways, support. It doesn't bother me, but I think it should be reversable.
Huh, I didnt expect this suggestion to have so much "no support" comments, it seems innocent enough to me :/

Anyways, support. It doesn't bother me, but I think it should be reversable.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
[quote name="Darkfrost" date="2020-09-18 06:56:16" ] [quote name="cantrip" date="2020-09-17 22:34:53" ]i want glowy eyes on a dragon for 2 days, i can change my mind and strip it. i want my permababies to grow up, i can change my mind and strip it. i want my dragons' genes to go back to basic, i can strip them.[/quote] ... and if you want your dragon to revert back to their original pose, you can just toggle it and they'll look like they did before the scroll was used. [/quote] you kind of skipped the whole point of my post by engaging with the words and not the idea conveyed by them? my point is 'every other aesthetic change can be totally removed from a dragon,' down to their actual colors. like yeah, there's a toggle, but the effect of the scroll is still on the dragon, and clearly there are folks in the thread here who don't want that. i don't personally care about the icon; it doesn't bother me at all. but in every other way you as a user have complete control over the dragon you buy. what can be put on can be removed. my vote was just a vote for consistency.
Darkfrost wrote on 2020-09-18 06:56:16:
cantrip wrote on 2020-09-17 22:34:53:
i want glowy eyes on a dragon for 2 days, i can change my mind and strip it.

i want my permababies to grow up, i can change my mind and strip it.

i want my dragons' genes to go back to basic, i can strip them.

... and if you want your dragon to revert back to their original pose, you can just toggle it and they'll look like they did before the scroll was used.

you kind of skipped the whole point of my post by engaging with the words and not the idea conveyed by them?

my point is 'every other aesthetic change can be totally removed from a dragon,' down to their actual colors. like yeah, there's a toggle, but the effect of the scroll is still on the dragon, and clearly there are folks in the thread here who don't want that.

i don't personally care about the icon; it doesn't bother me at all. but in every other way you as a user have complete control over the dragon you buy. what can be put on can be removed. my vote was just a vote for consistency.
It's just an icon. I normally wouldn't mind and would normally agree with the idea that "if it can be scrolled, it should be able to be unscrolled", but I feel like the amount of effort put into developing a new item (which would necessitate a new art-square-thinger, a new description, and updating the code to remove it) is something that could better be invested in other things, rather than this one thing that very few users would want and actually use. I really don't see the icon as all that different or more glaring than the permababy icon or the Ancient icon or the not-ready-to-breed-yet icon.
It's just an icon. I normally wouldn't mind and would normally agree with the idea that "if it can be scrolled, it should be able to be unscrolled", but I feel like the amount of effort put into developing a new item (which would necessitate a new art-square-thinger, a new description, and updating the code to remove it) is something that could better be invested in other things, rather than this one thing that very few users would want and actually use. I really don't see the icon as all that different or more glaring than the permababy icon or the Ancient icon or the not-ready-to-breed-yet icon.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
No support. Its an icon. It also helps us find trans dragons.

Or make the scroll the same price as the original scroll. 400g
No support. Its an icon. It also helps us find trans dragons.

Or make the scroll the same price as the original scroll. 400g
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
[quote name="pfvupl" date="2020-09-18 09:27:35" ] I just want the icon to be removed tbh :v They decided to have it be a permanent thing, fine, but all other icons are removeable. [/quote] Not all icons. The sex is there should we get rid of that too.
pfvupl wrote on 2020-09-18 09:27:35:

Not all icons. The sex is there should we get rid of that too.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
[quote]They decided to have it be a permanent thing, fine, but all other icons are removeable.[/quote] The breeding cooldown icon cannot be removed.
Quote:
They decided to have it be a permanent thing, fine, but all other icons are removeable.

The breeding cooldown icon cannot be removed.
1 2 3 4 5 6