Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Quaternary Genes (With Concepts!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
since the gene variant discussion is back, i figure that this would be a good relevant topic to revive as any.

dragon variety would see a massive boom if we got both variants and modifiers, and quite frankly i rly wanna see that
since the gene variant discussion is back, i figure that this would be a good relevant topic to revive as any.

dragon variety would see a massive boom if we got both variants and modifiers, and quite frankly i rly wanna see that
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
I kind of love this, especially with it using the dragon's preexisting colours. It feels like it might take a lot of art and coding so I don't know how realistic it is, but I just really love being able to customise my dragons so support.
I kind of love this, especially with it using the dragon's preexisting colours. It feels like it might take a lot of art and coding so I don't know how realistic it is, but I just really love being able to customise my dragons so support.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
Nice to see this back up. I love the idea of this one (and the suggested concepts), I'm a bit more partial to the variant suggestion, but having both would be ideal, opens up a HUGE amount of variety and customization that the current gene system and individual genes (or skins) absolutely CANNOT offer.

I'm sure it would be a lot of work to implement but I think it would be worth it in the long-term for the growth and evolution of the site.
Nice to see this back up. I love the idea of this one (and the suggested concepts), I'm a bit more partial to the variant suggestion, but having both would be ideal, opens up a HUGE amount of variety and customization that the current gene system and individual genes (or skins) absolutely CANNOT offer.

I'm sure it would be a lot of work to implement but I think it would be worth it in the long-term for the growth and evolution of the site.
I wasn't expecting to support a fourth gene, but I really like how this suggestion! It's a good solution to the issue of giving dragons a random fourth color.
I wasn't expecting to support a fourth gene, but I really like how this suggestion! It's a good solution to the issue of giving dragons a random fourth color.
!! signature under construction !!
Gonna chime in to support this again, at least I'm pretty sure I supported this at some point. This + gene variants would be the motherload of customization.
Gonna chime in to support this again, at least I'm pretty sure I supported this at some point. This + gene variants would be the motherload of customization.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
I support this sooo hard, even for just better piebald Patches and Chimera. If absolutely nothing else, I'd give up my entire lair for something like Chimera to be implemented. Sooo much lore potential....
I support this sooo hard, even for just better piebald Patches and Chimera. If absolutely nothing else, I'd give up my entire lair for something like Chimera to be implemented. Sooo much lore potential....
Orca | they/he
Please check dragon profiles for pronouns before mentioning them!
I just looked at all these again and man, I really don't know if it's even possible, but I just have to reiterate that I love this idea so much.
I just looked at all these again and man, I really don't know if it's even possible, but I just have to reiterate that I love this idea so much.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
Not gonna lie, I clicked on this thread expecting I wouldn't be too keen on the idea, but this kinda works! Unfortunately, I think conceptually, it's too close to the skins feature to make a huge impact; the only real benefit to these would be that they can be passed down to offspring, and would likely be much cheaper. I definitely don't think this is a bad idea; it just feels like a slightly more complex implementation of a feature that already exists. That said, if nothing else, I would love to have Cover as a treasure tertiary gene! Maybe placed in a few other places, like running along the dragon's back to create a patch of solid colour. Actually, I [i]really[/i] want that. [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1] It would look nice on XYX dragons and add a fun colour splash on other colour combos.
Not gonna lie, I clicked on this thread expecting I wouldn't be too keen on the idea, but this kinda works! Unfortunately, I think conceptually, it's too close to the skins feature to make a huge impact; the only real benefit to these would be that they can be passed down to offspring, and would likely be much cheaper. I definitely don't think this is a bad idea; it just feels like a slightly more complex implementation of a feature that already exists.

That said, if nothing else, I would love to have Cover as a treasure tertiary gene! Maybe placed in a few other places, like running along the dragon's back to create a patch of solid colour. Actually, I really want that. It would look nice on XYX dragons and add a fun colour splash on other colour combos.
Contiuned support on this. It still is the best 4th gene concept idea I've seen.
Contiuned support on this. It still is the best 4th gene concept idea I've seen.
I really like this suggestion, and although I don’t have any opinion on how it should be implemented, I would love to see this idea as a big goal or project for FR to work towards. Even more customization!
I really like this suggestion, and although I don’t have any opinion on how it should be implemented, I would love to see this idea as a big goal or project for FR to work towards. Even more customization!
1xcX4j2.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9