Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Quaternary Genes (With Concepts!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I like the lack of colour for the fourth gene slot, but more in the implementation of Cover than patches.

When I've thought of Qt gene implementation before, I'd just imagined them as a second tert, so you If you have a Denim Savannah/Blue Noxide/Yellow Glim dragon, you could add runes in the qt slot to get Denim Savannah/Blue Noxide/Yellow Glim/yellow runes. 4 genes but only 3 colours.

But with that cover mockup, it could go so much more. A Qt that doubles up on the primary to cover the back of the wing. Or some speckling across the back that draws from the secondary colouration.

TL;DR I like the idea of adding new genes, but not new colors
I like the lack of colour for the fourth gene slot, but more in the implementation of Cover than patches.

When I've thought of Qt gene implementation before, I'd just imagined them as a second tert, so you If you have a Denim Savannah/Blue Noxide/Yellow Glim dragon, you could add runes in the qt slot to get Denim Savannah/Blue Noxide/Yellow Glim/yellow runes. 4 genes but only 3 colours.

But with that cover mockup, it could go so much more. A Qt that doubles up on the primary to cover the back of the wing. Or some speckling across the back that draws from the secondary colouration.

TL;DR I like the idea of adding new genes, but not new colors
@Almedha

Yes, these gene would not have a color in the same way the other three do and would always either have set colors, colors from the dragon, or be a color modifier.

And sadly it likely would show up as a "basic" gene when a dragon has no other fourth gene applied to lessen confusion and keep it consistent with the other three.
@Almedha

Yes, these gene would not have a color in the same way the other three do and would always either have set colors, colors from the dragon, or be a color modifier.

And sadly it likely would show up as a "basic" gene when a dragon has no other fourth gene applied to lessen confusion and keep it consistent with the other three.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
It'd be cool, but I can't see it ever happening tbh. It would be such a change to the base game that I don't see staff implementing it.
It'd be cool, but I can't see it ever happening tbh. It would be such a change to the base game that I don't see staff implementing it.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/490306114148106240/722524947913637938/dragon_27.png[/img] Works the same as Cover as the secondary color is taken from the dragon and it takes the secondary's matching primary gene to give the appearance that the secondary is bleeding into the primary. Idea by @SilverLately
dragon_27.png

Works the same as Cover as the secondary color is taken from the dragon and it takes the secondary's matching primary gene to give the appearance that the secondary is bleeding into the primary.

Idea by @SilverLately
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
I was fully expecting to be against this,but I love these ideas! They offer a fantastic customization option without being way too much and making the dragon too cluttered. I'd love to see something like this implemented.
I was fully expecting to be against this,but I love these ideas! They offer a fantastic customization option without being way too much and making the dragon too cluttered. I'd love to see something like this implemented.
6ntc1cC.jpg
That's a really interesting concept. I'd be down for it, definitely.
That's a really interesting concept. I'd be down for it, definitely.
CUnQdgy.png
[center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/490306114148106240/722541319263617094/dragon_28.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/490306114148106240/722898859814027304/dragon_40.png[/img][/center] These genes take the existing color of the tert and primary and applies it to the extras usually colored by the secondary! The gene affecting the extras doesn't change, just the color.
dragon_28.png

dragon_40.png

These genes take the existing color of the tert and primary and applies it to the extras usually colored by the secondary! The gene affecting the extras doesn't change, just the color.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
oh i love these ideas and the examples provided! sometimes a dragon is just missing that extra oomph--i've noticed that genes like safari or cherub or peregrine tend to look "flat" compared to some of the shinier ones, and would love some sort of overlay i could apply to fix that. also, more options for patterning customization? count me in.
oh i love these ideas and the examples provided! sometimes a dragon is just missing that extra oomph--i've noticed that genes like safari or cherub or peregrine tend to look "flat" compared to some of the shinier ones, and would love some sort of overlay i could apply to fix that. also, more options for patterning customization? count me in.
call me cactus.
fr +3

I was not expecting to enjoy these, but honestly? Unless someone else can give me solid reasons against this, I’d be down for it! I may not use it often, but someone probably will, and from most responsed to this threa, I’d say there are some users who like the idea.

I was not expecting to enjoy these, but honestly? Unless someone else can give me solid reasons against this, I’d be down for it! I may not use it often, but someone probably will, and from most responsed to this threa, I’d say there are some users who like the idea.

15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
i wasnt sure about a 4th gene slot at first but these examples are really good, i'd love to see something like this
i wasnt sure about a 4th gene slot at first but these examples are really good, i'd love to see something like this
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9