Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Quaternary Genes (With Concepts!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
these are really interesting ideas!
these are really interesting ideas!
IMG_8704.png
No support. I can't stand having basic. This would just make everything needlessly complicated and make me hate all my dragons. unfortunate terts are already a problem, you want to double that? how would that even be introduced? does everyone get a random one? do we get to pick for every individual dragon?
No support. I can't stand having basic. This would just make everything needlessly complicated and make me hate all my dragons. unfortunate terts are already a problem, you want to double that? how would that even be introduced? does everyone get a random one? do we get to pick for every individual dragon?
66.png
[quote name="LuckOfTheClaws" date="2020-06-16 22:33:33" ] No support. I can't stand having basic. This would just make everything needlessly complicated and make me hate all my dragons. unfortunate terts are already a problem, you want to double that? how would that even be introduced? does everyone get a random one? do we get to pick for every individual dragon? [/quote] OPs examples use the pri/sec/tert colours to control the gene colours rather than adding a 4th colour i think
LuckOfTheClaws wrote on 2020-06-16 22:33:33:
OPs examples use the pri/sec/tert colours to control the gene colours rather than adding a 4th colour i think
I like this concept because it’s essentially taking concepts from skins/accents that already explores some of these ideas
I like this concept because it’s essentially taking concepts from skins/accents that already explores some of these ideas
7N4NLsD.png
AtXvu0n.gif
I'm not sure what I think.

On one hand, it's a very interesting concept. I love the idea that rather than introducing another colour it would essentially "expand" and use the pre-existing colours of the dragon. It could allow for an extra layer of customization not currently available, which is also nice. Even better if it couldn't be bred for and would need to be purchased so it wasn't randomly popping up, although that may be just my opinion.

On the other hand, I can't imagine it's likely to be implemented considering how large of a change it would be. I could see many people being rather upset by the update due to their complete dragons having a basic gene and thus no longer being "finished". While I personally don't mind basic (I have intentionally removed genes purely for the look of basic, so I may be biased), I could see the lack of a gene annoying people.
I'm not sure what I think.

On one hand, it's a very interesting concept. I love the idea that rather than introducing another colour it would essentially "expand" and use the pre-existing colours of the dragon. It could allow for an extra layer of customization not currently available, which is also nice. Even better if it couldn't be bred for and would need to be purchased so it wasn't randomly popping up, although that may be just my opinion.

On the other hand, I can't imagine it's likely to be implemented considering how large of a change it would be. I could see many people being rather upset by the update due to their complete dragons having a basic gene and thus no longer being "finished". While I personally don't mind basic (I have intentionally removed genes purely for the look of basic, so I may be biased), I could see the lack of a gene annoying people.
968.png ...| #145955 |
...| She/Her |
...| INFP |
...| 23 |
...| FR+3 |
Ooh I REALLY love this idea, especially the concept of the slot using one of the dragon's other existing colors!!! This would be such a neat way to add variety!
Ooh I REALLY love this idea, especially the concept of the slot using one of the dragon's other existing colors!!! This would be such a neat way to add variety!
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
[quote name="MollyMerula" date="2020-06-17 13:47:01" ] Ooh I REALLY love this idea, especially the concept of the slot using one of the dragon's other existing colors!!! This would be such a neat way to add variety! [/quote] But how to decide which color to be used? Depends if you want an x/y/y/y dragon or x/y/y/x dragon.. Seems complicated Also some would prob want to be able to have x/y/z/a dragons so should we be able to choose the 4th color in those cases? And how would that work with scatter?
MollyMerula wrote on 2020-06-17 13:47:01:
But how to decide which color to be used? Depends if you want an x/y/y/y dragon or x/y/y/x dragon..
Seems complicated
Also some would prob want to be able to have x/y/z/a dragons so should we be able to choose the 4th color in those cases? And how would that work with scatter?
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
@Taarnfalk

It's as complex as it might seem. The genes would not have colors in the same way the other three do, but instead either have a set colors and patterns of their own (like Patches and Prismatic) or take their colors and gene from what already exists on the dragon (like Cover, Creep, Bits, and Bobs).

What genes and colors are taken from depends on the gene, Cover and Bobs take form the primary, Creep takes form the secondary, and Bits takes from the tertiary.

@LuckOfTheClaws

There would be no new color tacked onto existing dragons, as these gene's colors would be largely decided by what genes and colors already exist on the dragon. That or the genes would have a set color (like how Patches is white).
@Taarnfalk

It's as complex as it might seem. The genes would not have colors in the same way the other three do, but instead either have a set colors and patterns of their own (like Patches and Prismatic) or take their colors and gene from what already exists on the dragon (like Cover, Creep, Bits, and Bobs).

What genes and colors are taken from depends on the gene, Cover and Bobs take form the primary, Creep takes form the secondary, and Bits takes from the tertiary.

@LuckOfTheClaws

There would be no new color tacked onto existing dragons, as these gene's colors would be largely decided by what genes and colors already exist on the dragon. That or the genes would have a set color (like how Patches is white).
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
I do like this, it'd definitely add an extra layer of customisability to dragons.

I'm a little worried about creep, as it seems to extend not just the secondary colour but also the gene which adds a whole new layer of work that'd need to be done, essentially to extend every secondary gene. If it worked just with the colour it might be a little more reasonable.

I'm also not sure I like it being breedable, I'd prefer quats only being accessable via scrolls and not passing down to offspring at all, that way the price of them could be kept down and dragons pre-update wouldn't be devalued because of them all lacking a subset of genes that newer dragons are being born with.
I do like this, it'd definitely add an extra layer of customisability to dragons.

I'm a little worried about creep, as it seems to extend not just the secondary colour but also the gene which adds a whole new layer of work that'd need to be done, essentially to extend every secondary gene. If it worked just with the colour it might be a little more reasonable.

I'm also not sure I like it being breedable, I'd prefer quats only being accessable via scrolls and not passing down to offspring at all, that way the price of them could be kept down and dragons pre-update wouldn't be devalued because of them all lacking a subset of genes that newer dragons are being born with.
Plaguether-naumachy-fr-sig.png
Support for the idea itself, but no support as how they are to be added. but I feel like this would be better bought as a scroll maybe in the gem marketplace, instead of automatically added. I can't stand basic, and a entire gene plan could go to waste with this very easily. Also, when you stated that there would be a "set" gene for current dragons, that as well could easily ruin gene plans. Even things like white and obsidian wouldn't work on every single dragon. So generally, no support.
Support for the idea itself, but no support as how they are to be added. but I feel like this would be better bought as a scroll maybe in the gem marketplace, instead of automatically added. I can't stand basic, and a entire gene plan could go to waste with this very easily. Also, when you stated that there would be a "set" gene for current dragons, that as well could easily ruin gene plans. Even things like white and obsidian wouldn't work on every single dragon. So generally, no support.
F5-F7-F464-C663-44-FB-84-CD-5-ACC56-A83-C9-D.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9