Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Quaternary Genes (With Concepts!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This is cool! If this was used just as overlays it shouldn't be too hard to implement- since likely the colors don't need to change, and instead it just goes over everything else?

This is cool! If this was used just as overlays it shouldn't be too hard to implement- since likely the colors don't need to change, and instead it just goes over everything else?

spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
I would like to see this, I like that it's not adding a fourth color and also really just love the look of Prismatic
I would like to see this, I like that it's not adding a fourth color and also really just love the look of Prismatic
wq9PoXA.png
I like the idea of making them ancient-only, seems like it would make it much easier to implement
I like the idea of making them ancient-only, seems like it would make it much easier to implement
–micah
–they/them
–fr +3
gk0Ty8n.png
i support this but only for ancients
currently the only thing special about them is 2-3 terts they have which is really lackluster
so having something completely different from moderns would make them more likeable
i support this but only for ancients
currently the only thing special about them is 2-3 terts they have which is really lackluster
so having something completely different from moderns would make them more likeable
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
Support for all breeds only. This is a really clever way of introducing another gene into the system, and I really like the idea of a gene that can only be applied and rarely passed on. I love the mockups, and I love that it doesnt mess with existing dragons if the player doesn't actively touch it and opt into it.
I absolutely adore variation, and having genes vary depending on a 4th gene that can have multiple types of variation is exactly the kind of thing I would spend big on for my dragons, as well as creating an incredible treasure or gem sink for the site.

No support for ancient-only. As much as I love ancients, it doesn't make sense to lock an entire gene slot mechanic with extensive potential for variation behind ancients simply because they can't wear apparel. This idea plays nice with apparel, theres nothing line breaking here, and id rather ancient-only mechanics be focused on breaking the norm extensively.
This is a whole mechanic and the idea is to expand upon the current gene expression system, not restrict it. If anything this extensive were added to ancients as an exclusive mechanic, I want it to be for multiple heads, addition or removal of limbs, entire poses, or other extremely base changing features. I would not want it wasted on a holographic overlay.

Overall itd be a lot of work, but I think this is exactly the type of mechanic that could push the site forward without messing with the current game and upsetting users. If you dont like it, simply don't apply it. And if it happens to be (rarely) passed on? Remove it. It is fully in the hand of the players who want to opt into it and I think that is absolutely brilliant.

I think its fully worth the work that would go into this, and id love to see this implemented some year down the road.
Support for all breeds only. This is a really clever way of introducing another gene into the system, and I really like the idea of a gene that can only be applied and rarely passed on. I love the mockups, and I love that it doesnt mess with existing dragons if the player doesn't actively touch it and opt into it.
I absolutely adore variation, and having genes vary depending on a 4th gene that can have multiple types of variation is exactly the kind of thing I would spend big on for my dragons, as well as creating an incredible treasure or gem sink for the site.

No support for ancient-only. As much as I love ancients, it doesn't make sense to lock an entire gene slot mechanic with extensive potential for variation behind ancients simply because they can't wear apparel. This idea plays nice with apparel, theres nothing line breaking here, and id rather ancient-only mechanics be focused on breaking the norm extensively.
This is a whole mechanic and the idea is to expand upon the current gene expression system, not restrict it. If anything this extensive were added to ancients as an exclusive mechanic, I want it to be for multiple heads, addition or removal of limbs, entire poses, or other extremely base changing features. I would not want it wasted on a holographic overlay.

Overall itd be a lot of work, but I think this is exactly the type of mechanic that could push the site forward without messing with the current game and upsetting users. If you dont like it, simply don't apply it. And if it happens to be (rarely) passed on? Remove it. It is fully in the hand of the players who want to opt into it and I think that is absolutely brilliant.

I think its fully worth the work that would go into this, and id love to see this implemented some year down the road.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
I like Jemadars 'Modifier' idea, since these aren't quite genes in the way we know them, but I will only support this if it can be breedable and if it can be applied to all breeds. I know y'all are treasure sink addicts but if it's not breedable it might as well just be an skin/accent, guys.
I like Jemadars 'Modifier' idea, since these aren't quite genes in the way we know them, but I will only support this if it can be breedable and if it can be applied to all breeds. I know y'all are treasure sink addicts but if it's not breedable it might as well just be an skin/accent, guys.
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
this would be a fabulous addition to the site, i find that dragon breeding has become too boring and i've gotten used to all the colors and patterns, but a quat would change everything.
this would be a fabulous addition to the site, i find that dragon breeding has become too boring and i've gotten used to all the colors and patterns, but a quat would change everything.
VfGAPqc.png
I9hbwAP.png
No support, this is what skins and accents are for. most of these ideas could easily be tertiary genes.
No support, this is what skins and accents are for. most of these ideas could easily be tertiary genes.
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
I still support this, and the other idea of having variations within genes. (ie, a tiger gene that displays iridescent stripes, or uses a different set of accent colors, or say Runes without the feet and so on).

There have been calls for mutations and being able to apply a second tertiary, or more gene slots for a long time, and most of the time, I simply cannot support them, because they would cause a lot of issues (see the eye update for one example).

This would be entirely voluntary, and could give 'new life' to older genes (as could the other thread, that I can't think of the name now, think it is something like gene variations) and allow for some randomness to be able to popup, but still be more 'opt in' than most mutation suggestions suggest.

I also like the idea of some having variations that can come through with breeding (see the gene variations idea :P) Khimeros has genes or patterns or markings like this (can't quite remember what word they use right now) and I like it, because it gives a bit of uncertainty when breeding. (they also have it where you can choose not to have the patterns vary)

As a slight comment, the only thing I would like to see is with regards to the images themselves. I think it would have been good to put a 'normal' unmodified dragon next to each example, or at least give the genes and colors, so that it can be easier to visualize things. I don't have all the genes memorized and so in some cases, I simply do not know what I am looking at with regards to what the modifiers do, without having a comparison dragon.
I still support this, and the other idea of having variations within genes. (ie, a tiger gene that displays iridescent stripes, or uses a different set of accent colors, or say Runes without the feet and so on).

There have been calls for mutations and being able to apply a second tertiary, or more gene slots for a long time, and most of the time, I simply cannot support them, because they would cause a lot of issues (see the eye update for one example).

This would be entirely voluntary, and could give 'new life' to older genes (as could the other thread, that I can't think of the name now, think it is something like gene variations) and allow for some randomness to be able to popup, but still be more 'opt in' than most mutation suggestions suggest.

I also like the idea of some having variations that can come through with breeding (see the gene variations idea :P) Khimeros has genes or patterns or markings like this (can't quite remember what word they use right now) and I like it, because it gives a bit of uncertainty when breeding. (they also have it where you can choose not to have the patterns vary)

As a slight comment, the only thing I would like to see is with regards to the images themselves. I think it would have been good to put a 'normal' unmodified dragon next to each example, or at least give the genes and colors, so that it can be easier to visualize things. I don't have all the genes memorized and so in some cases, I simply do not know what I am looking at with regards to what the modifiers do, without having a comparison dragon.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support, though you did a great job with the concept art and it does look really cool in theory-- but it would just cause a lot of problems on the site, both for the staff and users who would then feel like their projects are incomplete.

And even if they could find a way to implement this... It would be a lot of work for the staff. And to be honest, they're not doing anything you can't do with an accent or skin, therefore I just don't think it'd be worth it. I'd rather see that work go into fixes and new stuff we can't get from an already existing feature.
No support, though you did a great job with the concept art and it does look really cool in theory-- but it would just cause a lot of problems on the site, both for the staff and users who would then feel like their projects are incomplete.

And even if they could find a way to implement this... It would be a lot of work for the staff. And to be honest, they're not doing anything you can't do with an accent or skin, therefore I just don't think it'd be worth it. I'd rather see that work go into fixes and new stuff we can't get from an already existing feature.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif

name's ash! | they/them
okay to ping!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9