Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Layout | ARCHIVED 24/06
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32
Support!!!
Support!!!
INNIwp8.png
I like the looks of this one better than the one we have right now, this suggestion has my support. I didn't even realise how much the previous/next dragon arrows bothered me until you mentioned it!
I like the looks of this one better than the one we have right now, this suggestion has my support. I didn't even realise how much the previous/next dragon arrows bothered me until you mentioned it!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
+1

But like, also have the pretty backgrounds not be faded out like that? such a waste, the only time you'd see it is if you specifically press onto scenic mode.
+1

But like, also have the pretty backgrounds not be faded out like that? such a waste, the only time you'd see it is if you specifically press onto scenic mode.
image.png
Full support! I've had mixed feelings about the update, but I'd be totally on board for the changes in the mock up!
Full support! I've had mixed feelings about the update, but I'd be totally on board for the changes in the mock up!
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
@Melralis

I love this a lot!! :D

This is so much cleaner. I have a few suggestions of my own, if you have ideas on them:

>> Move the info on the left somewhere else. As someone with an attention disorder, the information dump on the left is super jarring for me, and makes it hard to view a page or focus on the dragon. As English readers, our eyes hit the left side first- I feel like we shouldn't be hitting text before the dragon.

My suggestion on this would either be to move the entire section somewhere else, perhaps as a longer, horizontal bar above the biography and leaving the area where it once stood blank, OR to swap what is currently in that area in your mockup with the familiar!

>> Move the familiar's info. Moving the familiar's name to either below or or below its bond bar (less preferred) would be a far cleaner setup, and keep text out of the center of the main view of the image. This keeps the dragon centered and allows the scenes to keep their focus there.
@Melralis

I love this a lot!! :D

This is so much cleaner. I have a few suggestions of my own, if you have ideas on them:

>> Move the info on the left somewhere else. As someone with an attention disorder, the information dump on the left is super jarring for me, and makes it hard to view a page or focus on the dragon. As English readers, our eyes hit the left side first- I feel like we shouldn't be hitting text before the dragon.

My suggestion on this would either be to move the entire section somewhere else, perhaps as a longer, horizontal bar above the biography and leaving the area where it once stood blank, OR to swap what is currently in that area in your mockup with the familiar!

>> Move the familiar's info. Moving the familiar's name to either below or or below its bond bar (less preferred) would be a far cleaner setup, and keep text out of the center of the main view of the image. This keeps the dragon centered and allows the scenes to keep their focus there.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
[quote name="Ske1th" date="2020-06-08 13:10:28" ] +1 But like, also have the pretty backgrounds not be faded out like that? such a waste, the only time you'd see it is if you specifically press onto scenic mode. [/quote] I agree with you, I saw some threads where people suggest perhaps having an opacity slider for it or some such which I think would be awesome.
Ske1th wrote on 2020-06-08 13:10:28:
+1

I agree with you, I saw some threads where people suggest perhaps having an opacity slider for it or some such which I think would be awesome.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
QUOTE: "In addition consider making the whole non-essential section below the dragon as a toggable option to give more attention back to the biography / not have it so far down. Toggable section is implied with a subtle boxed - button next to the divider."

YES PLEASE!
Yes to all~
QUOTE: "In addition consider making the whole non-essential section below the dragon as a toggable option to give more attention back to the biography / not have it so far down. Toggable section is implied with a subtle boxed - button next to the divider."

YES PLEASE!
Yes to all~
gNtNgvw.png
@Melralis This mockup has a problem that the info box doesn't work with all breed art. As it is, it invades the designated space for the dragon art, and that's fine with pearlcatchers because none of the art occupies that area, but it's a completely different story for female guardians. [img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/c0/8f/12/c08f12254c238b980f23a298c509c899--silk.jpg[/img] They occupy most of their art bounding box and that info area would clip right over their necks and cover up the art. In my mockup I reorganized the info so that it would be more narrowly distributed across the vertical area. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/604397461611741194/719598938768015460/suggest.png[/img] It's a rough mockup with very little changes from what the current one is like, but maybe you could do something like that or do like Celeana and remove the word Gene so that the info box won't invade the dragon art?
@Melralis This mockup has a problem that the info box doesn't work with all breed art. As it is, it invades the designated space for the dragon art, and that's fine with pearlcatchers because none of the art occupies that area, but it's a completely different story for female guardians.

c08f12254c238b980f23a298c509c899--silk.jpg

They occupy most of their art bounding box and that info area would clip right over their necks and cover up the art.

In my mockup I reorganized the info so that it would be more narrowly distributed across the vertical area.
suggest.png
It's a rough mockup with very little changes from what the current one is like, but maybe you could do something like that or do like Celeana and remove the word Gene so that the info box won't invade the dragon art?
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@Melralis Looks fantastic! I've linked from my own mockup ("visitor" view, not "home" view), let me know if you'd prefer the link broken.

I love how this folds in the nice, tactile feeling of the various "edit modes" while still making the scene and familiar much more visible than the old view.
@Melralis Looks fantastic! I've linked from my own mockup ("visitor" view, not "home" view), let me know if you'd prefer the link broken.

I love how this folds in the nice, tactile feeling of the various "edit modes" while still making the scene and familiar much more visible than the old view.
cL9yafY.gif
This I also support, it looks a lot cleaner and less cluttered than the current version. It looks more finalized and less in a constant edit phase.
This I also support, it looks a lot cleaner and less cluttered than the current version. It looks more finalized and less in a constant edit phase.
53000751854_682e4ca757_o.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32